ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Knicks beat Nets-4/12/24; Cam mad!

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 37,048

Re: PG: Knicks beat Nets-4/12/24; Cam mad! 

Post#161 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:59 pm

Gravy wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
knicks94 wrote:I will say it again: The Nets are a garbage poverty franchise.

Yes they are. Next we will be watching our Yankees lay the Guardians down this afternoon. :)

I've never liked Cam Thomas. The kid sucked his own dick for years thinking he was hot stuff because he can score but do little else. I wasn't surprised to see him behave like that. I'm glad OG punked him and he showed exactly what he is: a bitch.

OG is my kinda guy. He saw his teammate get hit, and instead of standing by and doing nothing, he immediately becomes an enforcer and puts the little boy in his place. As an old school hoops lover from the early 90s, that warmed the soul. These Knicks embody everything you want to see from a basketball team: hard work, fun play, team work, humility, and togetherness. An attack on one is an attack on all. I can tell you, I've never seen that kind of stuff from that piece of sh*t franchise on Atlantic and Flatbush. I won't go into detail, but Cam Thomas is the perfect face for that franchise: selfish, undisciplined, cowardly, and straight up bitchassness.

To the entire Knicks forum:

I've been grateful for this community for allowing me to become a part of it and giving me a space to air out my grief as someone who should have never supported that trash franchise once they were ripped out of my home state and spit in my face. I've laid out my anger ad nauseum on here it has helped me to let go and I appreciate all of you for your grace. This board has helped me get through some difficult IRL days the last several months. Anytime I need to get away from stuff I can always log in here and I end up leaving either laughing my ass off from guys like melo, guano and sham calling each other fat or just in a better mood from the good conversation about any and everything. Also, BaF is fun as hell and I look forward to trying to build a contender one day. Maybe lol.

Last night was cathartic for me. It felt so good to see Brunson, OG and the boys, in a game where they could have easily folded because of exhaustion, say "F*ck that. We fight!!!" and come roaring back from 17 down to those bums and end their season in glorious fashion. Mitchell Robinson with the discipline to calm down and hit his FTs. That was the kinda stuff you wanna see.

I'm proud to support these NY Knicks. The Nova Boys, OG, etc are my kind of people. The community here, if you allow me to be a nerd like yall always do, to steal a quote from The Last of Us, Part 2:

"You're my people".

I love yall. For real. Thank you.

Onward to the playoffs. There's work to be done. Teams to stomp. Jerseys to sell. Parlays to destroy.

Brunson is the MVP. We know it. Doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.

Knicks - Nets will always be the Mrdollarbills bowl, as someone here said.

As time goes on I'd rather it be just another game, but I'll live with it
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#162 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:02 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
Read on Twitter

See what I mean? they set this man up for failure.

He was never that guy. Never even acted or said he was. They threw these insane expectations on a career 3rd fiddle and when he couldn't live up to them, this is the end result.

He deserves better.

EnigmatiC
General Manager
And1: 1,493

Post#163 » by EnigmatiC » Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:05 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
knicks94 wrote:I will say it again: The Nets are a garbage poverty franchise.

Yes they are. Next we will be watching our Yankees lay the Guardians down this afternoon. :)

I've never liked Cam Thomas. The kid sucked his own dick for years thinking he was hot stuff because he can score but do little else. I wasn't surprised to see him behave like that. I'm glad OG punked him and he showed exactly what he is: a bitch.

OG is my kinda guy. He saw his teammate get hit, and instead of standing by and doing nothing, he immediately becomes an enforcer and puts the little boy in his place. As an old school hoops lover from the early 90s, that warmed the soul. These Knicks embody everything you want to see from a basketball team: hard work, fun play, team work, humility, and togetherness. An attack on one is an attack on all. I can tell you, I've never seen that kind of stuff from that piece of sh*t franchise on Atlantic and Flatbush. I won't go into detail, but Cam Thomas is the perfect face for that franchise: selfish, undisciplined, cowardly, and straight up bitchassness.

To the entire Knicks forum:

I've been grateful for this community for allowing me to become a part of it and giving me a space to air out my grief as someone who should have never supported that trash franchise once they were ripped out of my home state and spit in my face. I've laid out my anger ad nauseum on here it has helped me to let go and I appreciate all of you for your grace. This board has helped me get through some difficult IRL days the last several months. Anytime I need to get away from stuff I can always log in here and I end up leaving either laughing my ass off from guys like melo, guano and sham calling each other fat or just in a better mood from the good conversation about any and everything. Also, BaF is fun as hell and I look forward to trying to build a contender one day. Maybe lol.

Last night was cathartic for me. It felt so good to see Brunson, OG and the boys, in a game where they could have easily folded because of exhaustion, say "F*ck that. We fight!!!" and come roaring back from 17 down to those bums and end their season in glorious fashion. Mitchell Robinson with the discipline to calm down and hit his FTs. That was the kinda stuff you wanna see.

I'm proud to support these NY Knicks. The Nova Boys, OG, etc are my kind of people. The community here, if you allow me to be a nerd like yall always do, to steal a quote from The Last of Us, Part 2:

"You're my people".

I love yall. For real. Thank you.

Onward to the playoffs. There's work to be done. Teams to stomp. Jerseys to sell. Parlays to destroy.

Brunson is the MVP. We know it. Doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.

You always valid here bro
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#164 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:09 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:If any Nets fan ever effs with Dollar Bill, now OG will step in to handle it

To be real with you clyde, the mods here already took the trash out, OG style. Haven't had a problem since. :lol:

I just wanna talk hoops, football, baseball, nerdy stuff and music with good people and not be harassed by losers who take this stuff way too seriously. I appreciate the team running things.

Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,499

Post#165 » by Clyde_Style » Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:10 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Read on Twitter

See what I mean? they set this man up for failure.

He was never that guy. Never even acted or said he was. They threw these insane expectations on a career 3rd fiddle and when he couldn't live up to them, this is the end result.

He deserves better.

Mikal would be a good addition to the team, but TBH he feels like OG's backup at this point unless he is Randle's replacement
ImageImageImage
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,141

Post#166 » by stuporman » Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:12 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
stuporman wrote:Are we really gonna act like OG 'sticking up' for Brunson wasn't actually the most polite British inquiry ever to have taken place on an NBA court? He doesn't strike me as a football hooligan or anything.

Even with Mitch looming over that whole group which he could have wrecked on his own if he wasn't as much of a goofball it wasn't a particularly intimidating display, it felt mostly perfunctory so to speak.

I'm just calling it as I see it.

Oh and I think they would tell us that Miami and Philadelphia is out of the New York minutes police's jurisdiction...besides they are hot on the trail of NY's public enemy no1...the notorious Thibster.

I can only speak for myself but OG did what I'd want any teammate do: he had his brother's back.

He didn't need to punch anyone. He just needed to get in dude's face and let him know that he was being unprofessional and he needs to watch it.

The message was sent, as Cam ran off the court in shame.

That's all that really needs to be done because we know outside of a select few these NBA dudes do NOT want to fight. At all. He handled it as perfectly as you want to see.

Sure, the Knicks don't need OG risking suspension right before the playoffs in an incident with a player on a team who's going to be in Cancun in a few days anyway.

Although, the way he casually strolled over so late made it look like he was inviting him over for a spot of tea and Thomas asked if he was going to be serving biscuits and jam where OG replies he isn't a heathen, of course he will.

He may be the most intimidating defender in the league as far as destroying a team's offense but that's where the 'bully' vibe ends with OG, Randle at least would have given him some crazy eyes.
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
Im Coming Home
RealGM
And1: 16,984

Post#167 » by Im Coming Home » Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:14 pm

Props to Jalen's D from Thibs secret child.

RGM Knicks BAF- Houston Rockets

PG: Cunningham | Suggs |
SG: Au Thompson | Rupert |
SF: Griffin | Reddish
PF: Avdija | Prince| Bertans
C: Lively II | Smith
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#168 » by Clyde_Style » Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:16 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:If any Nets fan ever effs with Dollar Bill, now OG will step in to handle it

To be real with you clyde, the mods here already took the trash out, OG style. Haven't had a problem since. :lol:

I just wanna talk hoops, football, baseball, nerdy stuff and music with good people and not be harassed by losers who take this stuff way too seriously. I appreciate the team running things.

The last two months in here is the best this board has been. Some people prefer cat fights to get their rocks off, but you can see how the post count dropped because half of it was people trash talking each other. Post-game threads have shrunk, because there were so many people who enjoyed chit posting and baiting after a loss but they'd vanish after a win. It is indicative of their motivations.

But in terms of just normal discussion and joking around now it is what it could have always been. The posts will climb over time simply because the Knicks are now one of the best teams in the league.
ImageImageImage
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,740

Post#169 » by Fat Kat » Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:18 pm

Read on Twitter

They mad and I love it
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#170 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:20 pm

stuporman wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
stuporman wrote:Are we really gonna act like OG 'sticking up' for Brunson wasn't actually the most polite British inquiry ever to have taken place on an NBA court? He doesn't strike me as a football hooligan or anything.

Even with Mitch looming over that whole group which he could have wrecked on his own if he wasn't as much of a goofball it wasn't a particularly intimidating display, it felt mostly perfunctory so to speak.

Oh and I think they would tell us that Miami and Philadelphia is out of the New York minutes police's jurisdiction...besides they are hot on the trail of NY's public enemy no1...the notorious Thibster.

I can only speak for myself but OG did what I'd want any teammate do: he had his brother's back.

He didn't need to punch anyone. He just needed to get in dude's face and let him know that he was being unprofessional and he needs to watch it.

That's all that really needs to be done because we know outside of a select few these NBA dudes do NOT want to fight. At all. He handled it as perfectly as you want to see.

Sure, the Knicks don't need OG risking suspension right before the playoffs in an incident with a player on a team who's going to be in Cancun in a few days anyway.

Although, the way he casually strolled over so late made it look like he was inviting him over for a spot of tea and Thomas asked if he was going to be serving biscuits and jam where OG replies he isn't a heathen, of course he will.

He may be the most intimidating defender in the league as far as destroying a team's offense but that's where the 'bully' vibe ends with OG, Randle at least would have given him some crazy eyes.

There are four dudes I would not mess with on this team:

OG, Randle (absolutely not), Mitch, and Donte. After hearing that story about Donte trying to kill Josh at Villanova with a 10lb weight to the head, I would leave that dude alone :lol: Delaware Jordan is about action

Edit: Adding Deuce as well. Hell no.

Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,490

Post#171 » by Capn'O » Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:21 pm

The Lamma wrote:
Butch718 wrote:Brunson putting up the most casual 30 and 11 game, shot it poorly, but still dominated down the stretch.

1A

He still hadn't even scored until around 4 minutes to go in the half. So he got all 30 in the last 28 minutes of the game

He came back in like "FINE I guess I'll take over the game." Dude thought he had the night off.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#172 » by Clyde_Style » Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:24 pm

Im Coming Home wrote:Props to Jalen's D from Thibs secret child.

Jab step
Jab step
Jab step
Shoot!

Brunson makes Melo's game look primitive
ImageImageImage
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,490

Post#173 » by Capn'O » Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:25 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
stuporman wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

There are four dudes I would not mess with on this team:

OG, Randle (absolutely not), Mitch, and Donte. After hearing that story about Donte trying to kill Josh at Villanova with a 10lb weight to the head, I would leave that dude alone :lol: Delaware Jordan is about action

Edit: Adding Deuce as well. Hell no.

I was glad OG went over and nobody else. Cam might have escalated against Donte or Hart. OG knew he wanted no part of him. No suspensions right now.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
stuporman
RealGM

Post#174 » by stuporman » Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:35 pm

All the agonizing over avoiding the Sixers in the first round by this forum and it's ironic most permutations of final game outcomes matches the two teams up.

Of course, the Knicks are going to get one of the hardest paths through Heat/Sixers-Bucks-Boston...it couldn't possibly be any other way.
Image?
jvsimonetti0514
General Manager
And1: 7,957

Post#175 » by jvsimonetti0514 » Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:40 pm

I actually agree with the nets fan. If I saw Mikal chumming it up with the enemy and I guess rivals I’d be pretty pissed too. Especially after he phoned it in all night too. Kinda comes off like he quit and I get that they have nothing to play for but a little bit more effort would be nice.
I'm apart of a Knicks podcast! You Should check it out!
youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWW9GUVpNULS97PyptXXU4w
stuporman
RealGM

Post#176 » by stuporman » Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:41 pm

rajajackal wrote:

Even with Mitch looming over that whole group which he could have wrecked on his own if he wasn't too much of a goofball it wasn't a particularly intimidating display, it felt mostly perfunctory so to speak.

i don't think anyone's acting like og went feral. just good to see that despite being cold blooded and poker faced he'll also address line steppers for his teammates. sort of inaugurated him as a 'real' knick

I wonder if OG used the word 'lad' or 'ruffian' in addressing the line stepper...I almost expected him to pull out a glove and slap his face with it in a challenge for a duel.
Image?
stuporman
RealGM

Post#177 » by stuporman » Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:43 pm

Guano wrote:
rajajackal wrote:

Even with Mitch looming over that whole group which he could have wrecked on his own if he wasn't too much of a goofball it wasn't a particularly intimidating display, it felt mostly perfunctory so to speak.

i don't think anyone's acting like og went feral. just good to see that despite being cold blooded and poker faced he'll also address line steppers for his teammates. sort of inaugurated him as a 'real' knick

only knicks fans will debate the level of crazy needed while having a teammates back.

There's no debate...it was one of the most agreeable confrontations I ever saw. :lol:
Image?
TrueWarrior
RealGM
And1: 8,167

Post#178 » by TrueWarrior » Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:47 pm

Bring on the Sixers.

We got Isaiah, Mitch, OG, and Precious to match up with Embiid. Let’s see if our center tandem, defense, and rebounding are for real.

Our boys blew Philly out on 1/5 after the OG trade, when they had Embiid and Maxey playing. We lost Julius and Grimes since then, but added Mitch and Bojan.

Embiid historically chokes or gets injured in the playoffs. He’s been playing great, but we have the horses to battle with him.

Let the chips fall where they may, and let the best team win.
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,740

Post#179 » by Fat Kat » Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:56 pm

All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
CDAZ
Head Coach
And1: 2,266

Post#180 » by CDAZ » Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:56 pm

duetta wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:Start prepping for Embiid. Thats the likely matchup...unless we throw the game vs CHI.

That's what I'm afraid of.

"Fear is the mind killer"

Return to New York Knicks