ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Knicks beat Nets-4/12/24; Cam mad!

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,797

Re: PG: Knicks beat Nets-4/12/24; Cam mad! 

Post#181 » by 3toheadmelo » Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:08 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Read on Twitter

See what I mean? they set this man up for failure.

He was never that guy. Never even acted or said he was. They threw these insane expectations on a career 3rd fiddle and when he couldn't live up to them, this is the end result.

He deserves better.

i disagree about putting all the blame on the nets organization. the guy has quit playing defense and plays with no heart. they don't use him as a #1 option anymore either so that excuse doesn't work anymore. i pointed out recently that his usage has been MUCH lower since the all star break. it is pretty concerning if a guy like cam thomas is outplaying mikal. most of nets twitter aren't fans of mikal anymore. doesn't really have to do much about being the face of the franchise, more so of lack of effort in games and just not giving it his all.

my best offer for mikal would be mitchell robinson and a 1st round pick. i wouldn't give more than that for a guy who doesn't try in games.
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,133

Post#182 » by sol537 » Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:11 pm

Mitch, Miles, and a protected 1st is the most I’d do for Mikal. I still think he’d feast next to his boys.
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,704

Post#183 » by WaltFrazier » Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:14 pm

rajajackal wrote:
stuporman wrote:Are we really gonna act like OG 'sticking up' for Brunson wasn't actually the most polite British inquiry ever to have taken place on an NBA court? He doesn't strike me as a football hooligan or anything.

Even with Mitch looming over that whole group which he could have wrecked on his own if he wasn't too much of a goofball it wasn't a particularly intimidating display, it felt mostly perfunctory so to speak.

I'm just calling it as I see it.

i don't think anyone's acting like og went feral. just good to see that despite being cold blooded and poker faced he'll also address line steppers for his teammates. sort of inaugurated him as a 'real' knick

Yup, that's just how OG does it. Cold blooded and poker face is a great description.
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
TrueWarrior
RealGM
And1: 8,167

Post#184 » by TrueWarrior » Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:17 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:i disagree about putting all the blame on the nets organization. the guy has quit playing defense and plays with no heart. they don't use him as a #1 option anymore either so that excuse doesn't work anymore. i pointed out recently that his usage has been MUCH lower since the all star break. it is pretty concerning if a guy like cam thomas is outplaying mikal. most of nets twitter aren't fans of mikal anymore. doesn't really have to do much about being the face of the franchise, more so of lack of effort in games and just not giving it his all.

my best offer for mikal would be mitchell robinson and a 1st round pick. i wouldn't give more than that for a guy who doesn't try in games.

I hear what you’re saying.

My counter would be what if Mikal really is trying to get traded?

He clearly doesnt seem to like it there, and is making it obvious he’d rather be here or on any other competitive team.

He has successfully lowered his value too from last season. He’s good but clearly not a player to build around or demand 5 first rounders for.

The Nets wont trade him to us, but Id give up Mitch, Deuce and a 1st for him.

Donte goes to bench and essentially takes over Deuce’s role, so Deuce wouldnt be needed as much anyway.

Starters:

Jalen
Mikal
OG
Julius
Isaiah

Bench:

Donte
Josh
Precious?

The rest of the bench would need to be filled out because who knows what happens with Precious, Bojan, etc. but that is a very good top 7.

Anyway, wont happen. Just saying Mikal wants out. I understand if some are turned off by his behavior, but he’s not stupid. He has to know how he’s coming off.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,696

Post#185 » by KnicksGod » Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:20 pm

That is def not something I’d accept from a player re: Mikal
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#186 » by 3toheadmelo » Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:23 pm

TrueWarrior wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:i disagree about putting all the blame on the nets organization. the guy has quit playing defense and plays with no heart. they don't use him as a #1 option anymore either so that excuse doesn't work anymore. i pointed out recently that his usage has been MUCH lower since the all star break. it is pretty concerning if a guy like cam thomas is outplaying mikal. most of nets twitter aren't fans of mikal anymore. doesn't really have to do much about being the face of the franchise, more so of lack of effort in games and just not giving it his all.

He clearly doesnt seem to like it there, and is making it obvious he’d rather be here or on any other competitive team.

He has successfully lowered his value too from last season. He’s good but clearly not a player to build around or demand 5 first rounders for.

The Nets wont trade him to us, but Id give up Mitch, and some combination of Deuce/1-2 firsts for him.

Donte goes to bench and essentially takes over Deuce’s role, so Deuce wouldnt be needed as much anyway.

Starters:

Jalen
Mikal
OG
Julius
Isaiah

6th man:
Donte

The rest of the bench would need to be filled out because who knows what happens with Precious, Bojan, etc. but that is a very good top 6.

Anyway, wont happen. Just saying Mikal wants out. I understand if some are turned off by his behavior, but he’s not stupid. He has to know how he’s coming off.

i really doubt this dude is gonna try to sabotage his numbers and the team to try and lower his value to get traded. that's basically pulling a james harden. i think he's just not that great of a player. i used to watch him a lot in phoenix and he didn't do much for them in the playoffs. he's quite overrated and its mainly because he has a villanova connection with our guys.

with that being said, i wouldn't mind getting him for mitch and a 1st round pick. i would try to hold on to deuce, i think he has marcus smart potential. i'd rather give up donte. you can find gunners like him anywhere.
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,745

Post#187 » by Fat Kat » Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:26 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Read on Twitter

He was never that guy. Never even acted or said he was. They threw these insane expectations on a career 3rd fiddle and when he couldn't live up to them, this is the end result.

He deserves better.

i disagree about putting all the blame on the nets organization. the guy has quit playing defense and plays with no heart. they don't use him as a #1 option anymore either so that excuse doesn't work anymore. i pointed out recently that his usage has been MUCH lower since the all star break. it is pretty concerning if a guy like cam thomas is outplaying mikal. most of nets twitter aren't fans of mikal anymore. doesn't really have to do much about being the face of the franchise, more so of lack of effort in games and just not giving it his all.

Looks like these Nova boys planned this entire scenario. Wouldn’t be surprised.
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
Spree2Houston
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,926

Post#188 » by Spree2Houston » Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:33 pm

TrueWarrior wrote:

The Nets wont trade him to us, but Id give up Mitch, Deuce and a 1st for him.

Starters:

Jalen
Mikal
OG
Julius
Isaiah

6th man:
Donte

The rest of the bench would need to be filled out because who knows what happens with Precious, Bojan, etc. but that is a very good top 6.

I think he’s purposely tanking his value . Reminds me of the time when Vince Carter purposely tanked his value in Toronto then became his old self after he got traded to the Nets
WaltFrazier
RealGM

Post#189 » by WaltFrazier » Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:34 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Read on Twitter

He deserves better.

Mikal would be a good addition to the team, but TBH he feels like OG's backup at this point unless he is Randle's replacement

I guess if he was Randle's replacement he'd play 3 and OG 4. Small lineup but awesome defense. But Randle's scoring would be missed, I think Brunson needs a #2 scorer to help him. Otherwise Mikal plays the 2 and bumps Donte or Hart to 6th man. Depth would be amazing and the team could withstand injuries better.

Also need a true backup PG to run the offense when Jalen sits. I love Deuce but he's not that playmaking PG
cgmw
RealGM
And1: 9,609

Post#190 » by cgmw » Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:36 pm

Fat Kat wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

He deserves better.

I’ve argued on this board with the same people for two decades that “nurture” is just as strong as “nature” in the NBA. I agree completely that the terrible Nets franchise and group of clown players they’ve assembled has affected Mikal.

He’d be locked in and competitive AF playing alongside Brunson under Thibs.
"Sell the team. Sell the team. Sell the team."
TrueWarrior
RealGM

Post#191 » by TrueWarrior » Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:38 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
TrueWarrior wrote:

The Nets wont trade him to us, but Id give up Mitch, and some combination of Deuce/1-2 firsts for him.

Starters:

Jalen
Mikal
OG
Julius
Isaiah

Bench:

Donte
Josh
Precious?

The rest of the bench would need to be filled out because who knows what happens with Precious, Bojan, etc. but that is a very good top 7.

i really doubt this dude is gonna try to sabotage his numbers and the team to try and lower his value to get traded. that's basically pulling a james harden. i think he's just not that great of a player. i used to watch him a lot in phoenix and he didn't do much for them in the playoffs. he's quite overrated and its mainly because he has a villanova connection with our guys.

with that being said, i wouldn't mind getting him for mitch and a 1st round pick. i would try to hold on to deuce, i think he has marcus smart potential. i'd rather give up donte. you can find gunners like him anywhere.

I get Mikal has become overrated, which is why I wouldn’t give up more than Mitch, Deuce, and one of our many 1sts for him. I think he’d thrive here in a role we’d need him for though, and it seems like a good “buy low” move in my eyes.

Also I like Deuce, but you’re overrating him and underrating Donte a bit.

Deuce’s defense hasnt been any better than Donte’s this season. They have around the same DEPM & DRTG, while Donte is 4th in the whole league in deflections, and gets more steals, blocks, rebounds, and assists per minute than Deuce while being a more efficient scorer on higher volume.

Basically all the numbers show Donte as being the better player. He’s not just a gunner. Deuce is younger so maybe he has more potential, but Donte keeps improving too and having the Nova guys together would be a big reason for getting Mikal in the first place.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,499

Post#192 » by Clyde_Style » Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:46 pm

WaltFrazier wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

He deserves better.

Mikal would be a good addition to the team, but TBH he feels like OG's backup at this point unless he is Randle's replacement

I guess if he was Randle's replacement he'd play 3 and OG 4. Small lineup but awesome defense. But Randle's scoring would be missed, I think Brunson needs a #2 scorer to help him. Otherwise Mikal plays the 2 and bumps Donte or Hart to 6th man. Depth would be amazing and the team could withstand injuries better.

Also need a true backup PG to run the offense when Jalen sits. I love Deuce but he's not that playmaking PG

Trust me, you wouldn't miss Randle at all. OG's net value to our offense is already greater than Randle's, because he can give you 15-25 PPG while reducing the opposing team's star player's output by 10-15 points. If you added another player like Mikal with similar both ends metrics in Randle's place you'd again increase our plus/minus beyond what Randle brings.

The primary value that Randle brings is he is one of the best bully ballers in the league. And that can be very helpful when we encounter any struggles against bigger lineups. But when you consider Brunson is the best paint scorer in the league now you don't really need that bully baller, because Brunson can score inside on anyone.

Building around Brunson is mostly dependent on enough shooters collectively who can spread the floor plus enough size in the front line defensively and to board.

When you have a superstar, you refine the roster around them. Randle is not essential as a component. OG is vastly more critical to our success than Randle is.

Having Randle helps, but his availability will not determine our success as much as people think, either in these playoffs or in the future. He can be replaced. You cannot replace Brunson or OG.
ImageImageImage
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 25,027

Post#193 » by Jeff Van Gully » Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:46 pm

Im Coming Home wrote:Props to Jalen's D from Thibs secret child.

he gives me more stan van gundy vibes than thibs :lol:
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
HerSports85
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 29,205

Post#194 » by HerSports85 » Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:46 pm

Bojan and 2-3 FRP. Deuce contract too good to give up.
BAF: Chicago Bulls
2023 In-season tournament Champs
WaltFrazier
RealGM

Post#195 » by WaltFrazier » Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:55 pm

HerSports85 wrote:Bojan and 2-3 FRP. Deuce contract too good to give up.

Why would Nets take Bojan? Expiring contact, something like that?
sol537
RealGM

Post#196 » by sol537 » Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:57 pm

Randle for Mikal or Mitch + Deuce for Mikal… take your pick, Nets
Spot31
Pro Prospect
And1: 539

Post#197 » by Spot31 » Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:59 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
Read on Twitter

No competitive spirit in this man. Pass
"And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character hope." Rom. 5: 2-4
TrueWarrior
RealGM

Post#198 » by TrueWarrior » Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:15 pm

sol537 wrote:Randle for Mikal or Mitch + Deuce for Mikal… take your pick, Nets

Trading Julius for Mikal would be cold blooded.

Dont think we’d do that, because we’d rightfully view Mikal as being a lesser player than Julius.

It would be an interesting scenario though.

Jalen
Donte
Mikal
OG
Isaiah

Deuce
Josh
Bojan
Mitch

We’d lose beef inside, but Mikal could arguably fit better than Julius. It’d be a risk for sure. I’d prefer trading Mitch and Deuce than Julius, but you could make a case for either.

Not sure what we’re planning to do with Julius. With his injury he’s prob not being traded any time soon, if he ever was, but he’s expendable in the right deal to me. Dont think we can get anybody better than Mikal or KAT for him if we wanted to move him, and they’d arguably be lateral moves.
sol537
RealGM

Post#199 » by sol537 » Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:25 pm

TrueWarrior wrote:
sol537 wrote:Randle for Mikal or Mitch + Deuce for Mikal… take your pick, Nets

Trading Julius for Mikal would be cold blooded.

Dont think we’d do that, because we’d rightfully view Mikal as being a lesser player than Julius.

It would be an interesting scenario though.

Jalen
Donte
Mikal
OG
Isaiah

Deuce
Josh
Bojan
Mitch

We’d lose beef inside, but Mikal could arguably fit better than Julius. It’d be a risk for sure. I’d prefer trading Mitch and Deuce than Julius, but you could make a case for either.

Not sure what we’re planning to do with Julius. With his injury he’s prob not being traded any time soon, if he ever was, but he’s expendable in the right deal to me. Dont think we can get anybody better than Mikal or KAT for him if we wanted to move him, and they’d arguably be lateral moves.

Nova Corps Knicks would find a way… you better believe it
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#200 » by 3toheadmelo » Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:35 pm

Fat Kat wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

He deserves better.

that seems like a reach. mikal would be pulling a james harden. and even at that point, james asked out. mikal is still telling everyone he wants to be in brooklyn. mikal is just mid. he wasn't that good in the playoffs in phoenix too. had a lot of games where he just disappeared.

Return to New York Knicks