ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Knicks beat Nets-4/12/24; Cam mad!

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

TKKnicks1
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,728

Re: PG: Knicks beat Nets-4/12/24; Cam mad! 

Post#141 » by TKKnicks1 » Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:20 pm

duetta wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:Start prepping for Embiid. Thats the likely matchup...unless we throw the game vs CHI.

That's what I'm afraid of.

I actually think we match up better with Philly than Indiana. We got iHart, Mitch, McBride and OG to slow down Embiid and Maxey. Let's see who else on their squad can step up.
~I Believe!~
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,404

Post#142 » by Deeeez Knicks » Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:23 pm

Countless scenarios…this simplifies our odds somewhat

Read on Twitter
?s=61&t=oWAQ5JzX5AK-44v89eypvw
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
Gravy
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,648

Post#143 » by Gravy » Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:30 pm

aggo wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=46

We needed every single madman Thibs minute to get to this point of being the 2/3 seed. The minutes police trying to get Jacob Toppin and Charlie Brown jr in the rotation means we're the 8th seed instead.
Meat
Head Coach
And1: 4,600

Post#144 » by Meat » Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:44 pm

RHODEY wrote:
NiceLikeChrist wrote:Anyone but Miami man I can’t take more injuries. Just give us a fair fight in a series.

I want Miami. We need to send them packing.

Yah, I hate that folks acting scared of them.
Galvationknicks
Head Coach
And1: 4,948

Post#145 » by Galvationknicks » Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:52 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
knicks94 wrote:I will say it again: The Nets are a garbage poverty franchise.

Yes they are. Next we will be watching our Yankees lay the Guardians down this afternoon. :)

I've never liked Cam Thomas. The kid sucked his own dick for years thinking he was hot stuff because he can score but do little else. I wasn't surprised to see him behave like that. I'm glad OG punked him and he showed exactly what he is: a bitch.

OG is my kinda guy. He saw his teammate get hit, and instead of standing by and doing nothing, he immediately becomes an enforcer and puts the little boy in his place. As an old school hoops lover from the early 90s, that warmed the soul. These Knicks embody everything you want to see from a basketball team: hard work, fun play, team work, humility, and togetherness. An attack on one is an attack on all. I can tell you, I've never seen that kind of stuff from that piece of sh*t franchise on Atlantic and Flatbush. I won't go into detail, but Cam Thomas is the perfect face for that franchise: selfish, undisciplined, cowardly, and straight up bitchassness.

To the entire Knicks forum:

I've been grateful for this community for allowing me to become a part of it and giving me a space to air out my grief as someone who should have never supported that trash franchise once they were ripped out of my home state and spit in my face. I've laid out my anger ad nauseum on here it has helped me to let go and I appreciate all of you for your grace. This board has helped me get through some difficult IRL days the last several months. Anytime I need to get away from stuff I can always log in here and I end up leaving either laughing my ass off from guys like melo, guano and sham calling each other fat or just in a better mood from the good conversation about any and everything. Also, BaF is fun as hell and I look forward to trying to build a contender one day. Maybe lol.

Last night was cathartic for me. It felt so good to see Brunson, OG and the boys, in a game where they could have easily folded because of exhaustion, say "F*ck that. We fight!!!" and come roaring back from 17 down to those bums and end their season in glorious fashion. Mitchell Robinson with the discipline to calm down and hit his FTs. That was the kinda stuff you wanna see.

I'm proud to support these NY Knicks. The Nova Boys, OG, etc are my kind of people. The community here, if you allow me to be a nerd like yall always do, to steal a quote from The Last of Us, Part 2:

"You're my people".

I love yall. For real. Thank you.

Onward to the playoffs. There's work to be done. Teams to stomp. Jerseys to sell. Parlays to destroy.

Brunson is the MVP. We know it. Doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.

We love you too. Now GTFO and become and Nets fan 8-)
JB is Him
gavran
RealGM
And1: 7,356

Post#146 » by gavran » Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:04 pm

stuporman wrote:Are we really gonna act like OG 'sticking up' for Brunson wasn't actually the most polite British inquiry ever to have taken place on an NBA court?

Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,730

Post#147 » by Fat Kat » Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:09 pm

Read on Twitter
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
knicksNOTslick
RealGM
And1: 4,636

Post#148 » by knicksNOTslick » Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:10 pm

Meat wrote:
RHODEY wrote:
NiceLikeChrist wrote:Anyone but Miami man I can’t take more injuries. Just give us a fair fight in a series.

I want Miami. We need to send them packing.

Yah, I hate that folks acting scared of them.

Not scared of Miami because I think we beat them this year. However, we could win the battle and lose the war in a series with the Heat. We could make it to the 2nd round possibly hobbled with injuries due to a dirty foul or two from Bam and company.

On another note, we have to make them pay for injuring Randle.
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,730

Post#149 » by Fat Kat » Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:13 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:

Yes they are. Next we will be watching our Yankees lay the Guardians down this afternoon. :)

I've never liked Cam Thomas. The kid sucked his own dick for years thinking he was hot stuff because he can score but do little else. I wasn't surprised to see him behave like that. I'm glad OG punked him and he showed exactly what he is: a bitch.

OG is my kinda guy. He saw his teammate get hit, and instead of standing by and doing nothing, he immediately becomes an enforcer and puts the little boy in his place. As an old school hoops lover from the early 90s, that warmed the soul. These Knicks embody everything you want to see from a basketball team: hard work, fun play, team work, humility, and togetherness. An attack on one is an attack on all. I can tell you, I've never seen that kind of stuff from that piece of sh*t franchise on Atlantic and Flatbush. I won't go into detail, but Cam Thomas is the perfect face for that franchise: selfish, undisciplined, cowardly, and straight up bitchassness.

I've been grateful for this community for allowing me to become a part of it and giving me a space to air out my grief as someone who should have never supported that trash franchise once they were ripped out of my home state and spit in my face. I've laid out my anger ad nauseum on here it has helped me to let go and I appreciate all of you for your grace. This board has helped me get through some difficult IRL days the last several months. Anytime I need to get away from stuff I can always log in here and I end up leaving either laughing my ass off from guys like melo, guano and sham calling each other fat or just in a better mood from the good conversation about any and everything. Also, BaF is fun as hell and I look forward to trying to build a contender one day. Maybe lol.

Last night was cathartic for me. It felt so good to see Brunson, OG and the boys, in a game where they could have easily folded because of exhaustion, say "F*ck that. We fight!!!" and come roaring back from 17 down to those bums and end their season in glorious fashion. Mitchell Robinson with the discipline to calm down and hit his FTs. That was the kinda stuff you wanna see.

I'm proud to support these NY Knicks. The Nova Boys, OG, etc are my kind of people. The community here, if you allow me to be a nerd like yall always do, to steal a quote from The Last of Us, Part 2:

"You're my people".

Onward to the playoffs. There's work to be done. Teams to stomp. Jerseys to sell. Parlays to destroy.

All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,792

Post#150 » by 3toheadmelo » Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:24 pm

Read on Twitter

It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,497

Post#151 » by Clyde_Style » Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:35 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:

"You're my people".

TLDR

Just Kidding :lol:

ImageImageImage
Spree2Houston
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,918

Post#152 » by Spree2Houston » Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:37 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
Fury wrote:
Context wrote:We've been around many Knick teams...Where do you rank this one?

Best since the 99-2000 iteration. The thing about the Melo second seed team is that we started off hot then played .500 for like 50 games or so. This team has more pieces, better offense, better defense.

2013 team was a pretty BS team though, not even worthy of comparison

You have to go back to our 90s and 70s teams for any meaningful comps

Most talented team since the 96-97 Squad
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#153 » by Clyde_Style » Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:50 pm

Fat Kat wrote:Image

ImageImageImage
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#154 » by Clyde_Style » Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:51 pm

If any Nets fan ever effs with Dollar Bill, now OG will step in to handle it
ImageImageImage
The Lamma
Veteran
And1: 5,245

Post#155 » by The Lamma » Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:58 pm

Butch718 wrote:Brunson putting up the most casual 30 and 11 game, shot it poorly, but still dominated down the stretch.

1A

He still hadn't even scored until around 4 minutes to go in the half. So he got all 30 in the last 28 minutes of the game
TheGreenArrow
RealGM
And1: 33,447

Post#156 » by TheGreenArrow » Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:12 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=W09F6FrMDfp5_y1gKYgF1g
spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,836

Post#157 » by spree2kawhi » Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:14 pm

stuporman wrote:OG +/- god squeaks by with a +4 so 21 games straight of positive net rating with a new team...

...but the real truth about +/- in the game is that Sims +13 and Mitch -9, no other context needed, the box says it all

Randle and Mitch are joining the Dallas Mavericks next year.
FrozenEnvelope
Veteran
And1: 3,472

Post#158 » by FrozenEnvelope » Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:32 pm

A lot of hero's in this game. Brunson for being Brunson, Mitch for hitting the FT's and OG for jump starting that 3rd Q with his defense and 3pters. And I love how he immediately came to defend Brunson after that dirty foul. But where were Hart and Donte? Kind of bothered me a bit they didn't have his back ngl.
Gravy
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,648

Post#159 » by Gravy » Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:53 pm

Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

Looks like a degenerate gambler parlay :lol:
spree8
RealGM
And1: 5,852

Post#160 » by spree8 » Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:54 pm

TKKnicks1 wrote:
duetta wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:Start prepping for Embiid. Thats the likely matchup...unless we throw the game vs CHI.

That's what I'm afraid of.

I actually think we match up better with Philly than Indiana. We got iHart, Mitch, McBride and OG to slow down Embiid and Maxey. Let's see who else on their squad can step up.

I’d prefer Philly. Mr Glass over there has messed up that knee every game since he’s come back from it. No way it holds up over a 7 game series.

Return to New York Knicks