ImageImageImageImageImage

Trades and Transactions Ideas Thread

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

KnixinSix
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,909

Re: Trades and Transactions Ideas Thread 

Post#281 » by KnixinSix » Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:34 pm

Who fits rugged and 'built for the brawl' that could be available? Short of Giannis, its probably Donovan Mitchell who is a built Ford tough combo guard who runs like a ferrari.

KAT not his game
Embiid injury prone
Booker kind of
Durant definitely not
For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. 2nd Corinthians 4:6
8516knicks
Head Coach
And1: 4,935

Post#282 » by 8516knicks » Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:05 pm

KnixinSix wrote:

Who fits rugged and 'built for the brawl' that could be available? Short of Giannis, its probably Donovan Mitchell who is a built Ford tough combo guard who runs like a ferrari.

KAT not his game
Embiid injury prone
Booker kind of
Durant definitely not

I want to keep Precious. In the regular season when 2 of Mitch, OG and Ihart go down we need someone to fill in like he did so well this season. 8-)
KnixinSix
Assistant Coach

Post#283 » by KnixinSix » Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:49 pm

8516knicks wrote:
KnixinSix wrote:

KAT not his game
Embiid injury prone
Booker kind of
Durant definitely not

I want to keep Precious. In the regular season when 2 of Mitch, OG and Ihart go down we need someone to fill in like he did so well this season. 8-)

If we acquire DM for Randle chances are we would keep Precious on his relatively meager 6M contract to have depth at the 4.

The best route is Spidah , Okoro (can hit the 3ball and play D at the 3) for Randle , Jeffries, McBride .Then resigning OG and then Hartenstein(if possible). I believe this barely keeps us under 2nd apron.

Lineup/Rotation:
I-Hart, Mitch
OG, Achiwa
Hart, Okoro
Spidah, DDV
Brunson, Spidah

An ENTIRE team of rugged players for their position. Built for the brawl, built for the playoffs
For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. 2nd Corinthians 4:6
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,334

Post#284 » by Jalen Bluntson » Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:57 pm

Meat wrote:
Jalen Bluntson wrote:Like I said in the other thread...if nothing makes sense. Draft kids to develop and run it back!

However much it costs sensibly speaking...
Brunson/Deuce
DDV/Hart
OG/Bogs
Randle/Precious
iHart/Mitch/

Those ten should play in the rotation all year. Not 5 minutes a game every three weeks and then being forced to start because we are dealing with injuries from game seven 82 games a year. If hey add anything from the draft or something else...we can talk then about expanding the rotation even more. Thibs needs to be reigned in a little bit. Absolutely cannot be limping into the playoffs on tired legs every year.

Precious/Bogs will be the most situational when vying for minutes but, I would love to see this entire team healthy for more than 14 games.

it's this offseason or bust for moves, new cba's coming, all nba max extensions are coming as well as bogy expiring

Actually by next trade deadline is more accurate. I'm not sure what's gonna be sensible to do this summer. The two names on everyone's lips are KAT/DM. I think the team we had healthy in January is a true contender. If nothing makes sense we can easily run it back and do financial gymnastics if we have to. It wouldn't make me angry if we can't make the right trade this summer. There's a bridge to cross and we're not there yet.
:beer: RIP mags
KnixinSix
Assistant Coach

Post#285 » by KnixinSix » Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:18 am

Jalen Bluntson wrote:
Meat wrote:
Jalen Bluntson wrote:Like I said in the other thread...if nothing makes sense. Draft kids to develop and run it back!

However much it costs sensibly speaking...
Brunson/Deuce
DDV/Hart
OG/Bogs
Randle/Precious
iHart/Mitch/

Those ten should play in the rotation all year. Not 5 minutes a game every three weeks and then being forced to start because we are dealing with injuries from game seven 82 games a year. If hey add anything from the draft or something else...we can talk then about expanding the rotation even more. Thibs needs to be reigned in a little bit. Absolutely cannot be limping into the playoffs on tired legs every year.

Precious/Bogs will be the most situational when vying for minutes but, I would love to see this entire team healthy for more than 14 games.

it's this offseason or bust for moves, new cba's coming, all nba max extensions are coming as well as bogy expiring

Actually by next trade deadline is more accurate. I'm not sure what's gonna be sensible to do this summer. The two names on everyone's lips are KAT/DM. I think the team we had healthy in January is a true contender. If nothing makes sense we can easily run it back and do financial gymnastics if we have to. It wouldn't make me angry if we can't make the right trade this summer. There's a bridge to cross and we're not there yet.

Jalen oh my Jalen....I like Randle, I do and only under the right circumstances do I trade him. When we got Precious in that deal I feel like ownership was playing chess 5 moves ahead.

This to me is a better Thibs lineup than....one with Randle. I think it's hard to argue otherwise.

Lineup/Rotation:
I-Hart, Mitch
OG, Achiwa
Hart, Okoro
Spidah, DDV
Brunson, Spidah

Our weakness right now is still floor spacing and an inconsistent 3 ball. Mitchell instantly changes that dynamic. Okoro adds a Thibs 3 and D guy (hit 40% this year) at our thinnest spot , the 3.
aggo
RealGM
And1: 5,977

Post#286 » by aggo » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:38 am

BKlutch wrote:
aggo wrote:Randle for kat
Randle for Durant

Why do people love the Rant boys?

You want Du Rant, others want Mo. Du is not a winning player -- he's an extemely talented guy without the character to lead a team to victory.

Mo Rant is potentially more explosive and a more killer attitude, but has other character flaws that could upset Thibs' carefully created team chemistry. Such as he may have a killer attitude off the court.

I'd probably pass on both of the Rants.

durant will be available bc phoenix is gonna get swept
kat will be available bc timberwolves cant afford his contract

du rant not a winning player? sorry ur just dumb
8516knicks
Head Coach

Post#287 » by 8516knicks » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:32 am

aggo wrote:
BKlutch wrote:
aggo wrote:Randle for kat
Randle for Durant

Why do people love the Rant boys?

You want Du Rant, others want Mo. Du is not a winning player -- he's an extemely talented guy without the character to lead a team to victory.

Mo Rant is potentially more explosive and a more killer attitude, but has other character flaws that could upset Thibs' carefully created team chemistry. Such as he may have a killer attitude off the court.

I doubt Leon will agree with u. He's not about to turn us into the Suns or Nets. Thankfully.
Jeffrey
Head Coach
And1: 5,172

Post#288 » by Jeffrey » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:37 am

KnixinSix wrote:

KAT not his game
Embiid injury prone
Booker kind of
Durant definitely not

If you're looking for that rugged fit... then Randle is the guy. If he is the focus of the next trade then I would like to get KAT. I want a PF that shoots 40%. We have enough guys around to protect him. However, I don't see the Wolves trading him this offseason. They are winning and why fck that up.
8516knicks
Head Coach

Post#289 » by 8516knicks » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:38 am

KnixinSix wrote:
Jalen Bluntson wrote:
Meat wrote:it's this offseason or bust for moves, new cba's coming, all nba max extensions are coming as well as bogy expiring

Jalen oh my Jalen....I like Randle, I do and only under the right circumstances do I trade him. When we got Precious in that deal I feel like ownership was playing chess 5 moves ahead.

This to me is a better Thibs lineup than....one with Randle. I think it's hard to argue otherwise.

Lineup/Rotation:

I-Hart, Mitch
OG, Achiwa
Hart, Okoro
Spidah, DDV
Brunson, Spidah

Our weakness right now is still floor spacing and an inconsistent 3 ball. Mitchell instantly changes that dynamic. Okoro adds a Thibs 3 and D guy (hit 40% this year) at our thinnest spot , the 3.

If WE HAVE TO add a "superstar" player to placate the star-f*cker fanbase, DM makes the most sense in many ways.
aggo
RealGM

Post#290 » by aggo » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:42 am

8516knicks wrote:
aggo wrote:
BKlutch wrote:Why do people love the Rant boys?

I doubt Leon will agree with u. He's not about to turn us into the Suns or Nets. Thankfully.

lets see how you feel when we re-up Randle at KAT numbers
KnixinSix
Assistant Coach

Post#291 » by KnixinSix » Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:57 am

Jeffrey wrote:
KnixinSix wrote:

KAT not his game
Embiid injury prone
Booker kind of
Durant definitely not

If you're looking for that rugged fit... then Randle is the guy. If he is the focus of the next trade then I would like to get KAT. I want a PF that shoots 40%. We have enough guys around to protect him. However, I don't see the Wolves trading him this offseason. They are winning and why fck that up.

KAT screws their cap hard with the new CBA coming in....
KnixinSix
Assistant Coach

Post#292 » by KnixinSix » Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:58 am

aggo wrote:
8516knicks wrote:
aggo wrote:

LOL yeah that's not happening
Jeffrey
Head Coach
And1: 5,172

Post#293 » by Jeffrey » Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:32 am

KnixinSix wrote:
Jeffrey wrote:
KnixinSix wrote:

KAT not his game
Embiid injury prone
Booker kind of
Durant definitely not

KAT screws their cap hard with the new CBA coming in....

Yes and no. I had a list of teams that will hit the 2nd apron and this was before they gave Conley an extension. Once they gave Conley that extension, I knew they were going to be all-in next year as well. It's different if they do not have their rotation set but they have their top 7 and will need fillers for the regular season.

Looking at 2024-25 Wolves...
C: Gobert
PF: Towns | Reid
SF: McDaniels
SG: Edwards | Walker
PG: Conley

Don't get me wrong, I would want Towns only he is forcing the trade. Also, Thibs needs to be okay with it because of their past history.

It would be crazy if the Twolves were to move a core piece like KAT when they just secured a top 3 seed, became the best defensive team and now looking to go into the 2nd round. That would deflate their momentum and fans expectations.
spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,838

Post#294 » by spree2kawhi » Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:01 am

KnixinSix wrote:

KAT not his game
Embiid injury prone
Booker kind of
Durant definitely not

Booker? :lol: :lol: :lol:

It’s DeRozan and Bridges. KAT has been fairly tough in the current series. I’d gladly take those three guys. I also like adding one of the Pelicans‘ wings or Ingram. Mitchell too.

However, DeRozan is the purest baller, Bridges by far the toughest defender, KAT the best shooter (and maybe even passer) from that group.

Whatever happens, keep McBride and DDV and Hart at all costs. They’re the heart of the team as much as OG and Brunson are.
spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,838

Post#295 » by spree2kawhi » Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:20 am

- Robinson and Burks plus whatever amount of picks for Bridges. Add McBride or Achiuwa only if you have to.

- Randle and Bogdanovic plus second-rounders for KAT. Let’s go.

5-shooter-lineup:

Brunson, McBride
DiVincenzo, Bridges
Bridges, Hart
OG, Achiuwa
Towns, Hartenstein

You can move Hartenstein in and DDV to the bench to go very big: Brunson, Bridges, OG, KAT, Hartenstein

That is easily the best team in the league imo.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,277

Post#296 » by cgf » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:55 pm

Swap Bojan & Burks for Caruso & Kuzma and this team is a contender with the depth to withstand an injury to anyone other than Brunson.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,334

Post#297 » by Jalen Bluntson » Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:42 pm

KnixinSix wrote:
Jalen Bluntson wrote:
Meat wrote:it's this offseason or bust for moves, new cba's coming, all nba max extensions are coming as well as bogy expiring

Lineup/Rotation:
I-Hart, Mitch
OG, Achiwa
Hart, Okoro
Spidah, DDV
Brunson, Spidah

I'm not sure what you are trying to say here. Do you want to trade Randle/Deuce for DM/Okoro? Shocked no one has thought of this sooner. :eek1:

I trust the FO more than every single poster here. :lol: whatever they do is alright with me in advance. If they fuq it up, I'll blame it on you.
:beer: RIP mags
bleedblue3303
Sixth Man
And1: 1,128

Post#298 » by bleedblue3303 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:06 pm

Meat wrote:
bleedblue3303 wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:

He's better, but the age and injury history are a major problem. Randle even with this injury which was contact, is just more durable, you know you're gonna get 70 games from him next year and the year after that, don't think you can say the same for KD.

Also, he and Booker have the same issue, in that they should have a much higher volume of threes. Like KD should be taking 8-10 a game now.

I think this would be a huge mistake. Durant had trouble with the scrutiny in OKC, GS and Brooklyn. There is no way he can handle NYC and media. This would end very poorly.

the media isn't a thing anymore, no one cares about local print media. The media he couldn't handle was twitter and that's everywhere

You absolutely make a point but I think the Knicks are different and it's not just local media. He's fought with Stephen A who I don't like either. He adds fuel to fire which would add a ton of drama in press. Which in return sours fans. I love that this team has no drama, great chemistry and for the most part the stories are all positive. People love a cohesive team story.

Bridges will add to that.

Bridges or Bust.
Meat
Head Coach
And1: 4,614

Post#299 » by Meat » Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:15 pm

spree2kawhi wrote:- Robinson and Burks plus whatever amount of picks for Bridges. Add McBride or Achiuwa only if you have to.

- Randle and Bogdanovic plus second-rounders for KAT. Let’s go.

5-shooter-lineup:

Brunson, McBride
DiVincenzo, Bridges
Bridges, Hart
OG, Achiuwa
Towns, Hartenstein

You can move Hartenstein in and DDV to the bench to go very big: Brunson, Bridges, OG, KAT, Hartenstein

That is easily the best team in the league imo.

Burks is an ufa
aggo
RealGM

Post#300 » by aggo » Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:18 pm

KnixinSix wrote:
aggo wrote:
8516knicks wrote:

LOL yeah that's not happening

it is.

because he's worth way more to us than he would be to anyone else. so he's probably not going to get traded unless its for the star that asks out.

Return to New York Knicks