ImageImageImageImageImage

Trades and Transactions Ideas Thread

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,797

Trades and Transactions Ideas Thread 

Post#1 » by KnicksGod » Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:11 am

Maybe trade Randle for picks to get the money for Hartenstein, or as part of some additional salary dumps to get his money.
aggo
RealGM
And1: 5,907

Re: Trades and Transactions Ideas Thread 

Post#2 » by aggo » Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:19 am

Sign DSJ
Re-sign ihart
trade Mitch + FRPs for a SF/PF that can shoot threes today that is on a rookie contract

Take a big or wing in the draft
Richard4444
General Manager
And1: 5,990

Post#3 » by Richard4444 » Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:37 am

KnicksGod wrote:Maybe trade Randle for picks to get the money for Hartenstein, or as part of some additional salary dumps to get his money.

We can only pay IHart around 14M-15M (early bird exception). To pay more we would have to open cap space, what is nearly impossible.

But our payroll situation is not very good. Because we need to stay under the second apron (190M give or take) and our current payroll is 125M plus OG, IHart, Precious, and more 3 players.
BAF Brooklyn - Pre-Season NBA 2K Simulation 2023 Champions.

Brunson/Nembhard/Micic
Butler/IQ/Ben Sheppard
Strus/Watford/Nesmith
Boucher/Morris/Baldwin Jr
Embiid/Landale/Yurtseven
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,872

Post#4 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:00 am

Ugh. Is this the best you got?
Free Palestine
KnixinSix
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,895

Post#5 » by KnixinSix » Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:01 pm

Now that we are clearly seeing both the OG dynamic and Brunson truly cementing himself as a top 5-10 player in the entire NBA, I think we can be a bit more picky on what player we want to bring on board.

To me a guy like Donovon Mitchell is interesting because:

1. Brunson gets beat up and plays a rough and tumble game that may not age well if he keeps taking so many hits every game.
2. Mitchell gives us a true elite combo guard who can play both 1 and 2. He will be a guy who takes a ton of pressure and wear and tear off Brunson. Brunson can play off ball more as well. This obviously isnt working that well with McBride or Burks. As neither are elite ball handlers/distributors like DM is.
3. Mitchell is young, not super injury prone, despite being 'just' 6-3 has a long wingspan, showed this year his D is still well above average and likely would be an even better defender in Thibs system.
4. It is clear more than other other player in recent history (maybe aside from Carmelo) he wants to be here bad.

To me a deal would look something like this:

1. McBride who would complement their backcourt nicely
2. Randle the shoulder should be fully healed after surgery, is still young and a pretty durable player. Who is a bonafide 25-10 guy. Rarely does a team trading away a superstar get a star back the level of Julius (warts or not)
3. Daquan Jeffries
4. Sims
5. 2-3 FRPs

For

1. Donovan Mitchell
2. Isaac Okoro (fits our defender mold, is versatile and hitting 40% on 3 this year)

While I like the idea of an elite scoring center type like Embiid or Towns. These guys are waaaaay too injury prone. And Booker I don't think is prying free.

We would also still have Bogs 20M expiring, potentially Achiwa's 6.3M QO and a bunch of FRPs to use in another deal.

Line-up (Minutes):
Mitchell Robinson(30), Precious Achiwa (18)
OG (25), Hart(13), Achiwa (10)
Hart (20), OG (8), Okoro(20)
D-Mitch(20), DDV (28)
Brunson(35), D-Mitch(13)

Elite Squad make-up in Thibodeaux mold:
Now you have the two elite scorers that most championship teams have. You also have above average to elite defenders that can play minutes from 1-5. With I-Harts departure, Achiwa becomes valuable again and can play backup 4 and 5. He is not a phenomenal stretch 5 but is more a stretch 5 than I-Hart or Mitch are and can work on his 3 ball in the offseason.
For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. 2nd Corinthians 4:6
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,190

Post#6 » by sol537 » Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:42 pm

I like the idea of Spida, but I don't want to lose iHart.... I think retaining OG and iHart should be the absolute priority this off-season. Otherwise, it's one step forward.... two steps back.

-> retain OG, iHart, and maybe Precious
-> Bring Rokas over
-> Use Randle, Mitch, Bogs, and picks in trades
-> See who frees up out of: Mikal, Spida, Booker, Giannis... some guys will free up...
-> remain patient
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 41,534

Post#7 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:53 pm

sol537 wrote:I like the idea of Spida, but I don't want to lose iHart.... I think retaining OG and iHart should be the absolute priority this off-season. Otherwise, it's one step forward.... two steps back.

-> Bring Rokas over
-> See who frees up out of: Mikal, Spida, Booker, Giannis... some guys will free up...
-> remain patient

It already sounds like Mitchell is done in Cleveland.

Read on Twitter
?t=NTTvhnzn3f5jf9V51M1lSQ&s=19
sol537
RealGM

Post#8 » by sol537 » Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:57 pm

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
sol537 wrote:I like the idea of Spida, but I don't want to lose iHart.... I think retaining OG and iHart should be the absolute priority this off-season. Otherwise, it's one step forward.... two steps back.

-> Bring Rokas over
-> remain patient

Read on Twitter

It seems 100% certain that Spida will be dealt to NYK Brooklyn Miami or some other playoff team. Cleveland isn’t where he wants to be.
Richard4444
General Manager
And1: 5,990

Post#9 » by Richard4444 » Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:59 pm

-> Bring Rokas over
-> remain patient

I agree with this strategy except for the Roskas obsession.

I do not think Roskas will get into the NBA to earn the minimum. And we are trying to save money.

We don't have a rotation spot for Roskas until trading Deuce for a star.

We need vets or players that are be ok to just sit on the bench for a season or two. Roskas do not fit either the options.
BAF Brooklyn - Pre-Season NBA 2K Simulation 2023 Champions.

Brunson/Nembhard/Micic
Butler/IQ/Ben Sheppard
Strus/Watford/Nesmith
Boucher/Morris/Baldwin Jr
Embiid/Landale/Yurtseven
sol537
RealGM

Post#10 » by sol537 » Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:09 pm

Fair points re: Rokas. He could be used in a trade or brought over if we happen to use Miles in a trade for someone like Mikal… nice to have options.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,923

Post#11 » by 3toheadmelo » Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:10 pm

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:

-> Bring Rokas over
-> remain patient

Read on Twitter

what you giving up for donovan mitchell fam
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
sol537
RealGM

Post#12 » by sol537 » Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:17 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:

-> Bring Rokas over
-> remain patient

Read on Twitter

Maybe 3-way with Randle + Mitch going to CLE, Spida to NYK, and Allen going to a 3rd team that sends NYK draft compensation or an alternative player.
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM

Post#13 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:20 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:

-> Bring Rokas over
-> remain patient

Read on Twitter

They'd probably want Hart but I see that as a non starter, no way Tom or FO is letting Josh go for anyone at this point. It would have to be pick heavy, and Deuce is probably gone as well, we don't really have anything left but they also don't have many options if he's going to leave.

Unfortunately I could see the Heat jumping in with Herro and picks, he would need to make NY / Brooklyn is only choices for us to get him.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,923

Post#14 » by 3toheadmelo » Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:25 pm

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:

Read on Twitter

They'd probably want Hart but I see that as a non starter, no way Tom or FO is letting Josh go for anyone at this point. It would have to be pick heavy, and Deuce is probably gone as well, we don't really have anything left but they also don't have many options if he's going to leave.

Unfortunately I could see the Heat jumping in with Herro and picks, he would need to make NY / Brooklyn is only choices for us to get him.

do you think we can entice them with mitchell robinson :lol:
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM

Post#15 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:27 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:what you giving up for donovan mitchell fam

They'd hang up that phone faster than sham downs a dust laced blunt :lol:

It's gonna be us, New Jersey or Miami.
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM

Post#16 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:27 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:what you giving up for donovan mitchell fam

They'd hang up that phone faster than sham downs a dust laced blunt :lol: That said, with OG and Hart on the team the backcourt is better insulated than it would have been if we made the trade 2 years ago.

It's gonna be us, New Jersey or Miami.
KnixinSix
Assistant Coach

Post#17 » by KnixinSix » Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:35 pm

sol537 wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:

-> Bring Rokas over
-> remain patient

Read on Twitter

It seems 100% certain that Spida will be dealt to NYK Brooklyn Miami or some other playoff team. Cleveland isn’t where he wants to be.

The reason why we have potentially a huge leg up on any another team is because Spidah has made it about as clear as possible short of a 'going all out public confirmation' that he wants to play specifically for the Knicks.

If Cleveland trades him to another team the team would know theyd only be trading for one year of his services. So Knicks offer is likely stronger (esp in picks and/or if we include Randle) since we know we are signing him to a multi year contract.

What do the cavs want? Do they want the deal to be more pick heavy or player heavy?

-If its a star piece who is going to offer something better than Julius Randle (who would add much needed toughness to the frontcourt)

-If its picks we are just about better than anyone with all the picks we have.

- If its kind of both, once again our package will probably top any other team.
For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. 2nd Corinthians 4:6
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM

Post#18 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:38 pm

KnixinSix wrote:
sol537 wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:

Read on Twitter

The reason why have potentially a huge leg up on any another team (potentially at least) is because Spidah has made it about as clear as possible short of a 'going all out public confirmation' that he wants to play specifically for the Knicks.

If Cleveland trades him to another team the team would know theyd only be trading for one year of his services. So Knicks offer is likely stronger (esp in picks and/or if we include Randle) since we know we are signing him to a multi year contract.

That isn't really true, the only thing we know has legs is that he wants to live in NY. We also know he's good friends with Bridges and goes to Liberty games with him.

It's not hard to think he'd be fine with going to the Nets.
KnixinSix
Assistant Coach

Post#19 » by KnixinSix » Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:45 pm

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
KnixinSix wrote:
sol537 wrote:

The reason why have potentially a huge leg up on any another team (potentially at least) is because Spidah has made it about as clear as possible short of a 'going all out public confirmation' that he wants to play specifically for the Knicks.

That isn't really true, the only thing we know has legs is that he wants to live in NY. We also know he's good friends with Bridges and goes to Liberty games with him.

It's not hard to think he'd be fine with going to the Nets.

Its certainly possible and that Nets team would take a big jump with Donovan.

However I think he isnt Kyrie and prefers the Knicks substantially. Would he settle on Nets? Possibly since he would be back home which he wants very badly, but I think he wants Knicks for mutliple reasons. Better culture, CAA connection, better coach , etc.

I do believe Nets will be our chief competition and could make a fairly strong offer. However I doubt theyd part with Bridges , and that's their only player that would come close to Randle who is a rare 25/10 under 30 PF.
KnixinSix
Assistant Coach

Post#20 » by KnixinSix » Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:47 pm

sol537 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:

Read on Twitter

Maybe 3-way with Randle + Mitch going to CLE, Spida to NYK, and Allen going to a 3rd team that sends NYK draft compensation or an alternative player.

Knicks would never give up Mitch unless they were somehow resigning Hartenstein. Is that possible? Maybe. But he may have price himself above what we can afford at this point.

Return to New York Knicks