ImageImageImageImageImage

Trades and Transactions Ideas Thread

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,851

Re: Trades and Transactions Ideas Thread 

Post#301 » by spree2kawhi » Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:21 pm

Meat wrote:
spree2kawhi wrote:- Robinson and Burks plus whatever amount of picks for Bridges. Add McBride or Achiuwa only if you have to.

- Randle and Bogdanovic plus second-rounders for KAT. Let’s go.

5-shooter-lineup:

Brunson, McBride
DiVincenzo, Bridges
Bridges, Hart
OG, Achiuwa
Towns, Hartenstein

You can move Hartenstein in and DDV to the bench to go very big: Brunson, Bridges, OG, KAT, Hartenstein

That is easily the best team in the league imo.

Burks is an ufa

That sucks :lol:
Wildcat
RealGM
And1: 1,683

Post#302 » by Wildcat » Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:10 pm

bleedblue3303 wrote:
Meat wrote:
bleedblue3303 wrote:
I think this would be a huge mistake. Durant had trouble with the scrutiny in OKC, GS and Brooklyn. There is no way he can handle NYC and media. This would end very poorly.

the media isn't a thing anymore, no one cares about local print media. The media he couldn't handle was twitter and that's everywhere

You absolutely make a point but I think the Knicks are different and it's not just local media. He's fought with Stephen A who I don't like either. He adds fuel to fire which would add a ton of drama in press. Which in return sours fans. I love that this team has no drama, great chemistry and for the most part the stories are all positive. People love a cohesive team story.

Bridges will add to that.

Bridges or Bust.

Winning cures all. This wouldn't be a topic if KD was winning.
8516knicks
Head Coach
And1: 4,950

Post#303 » by 8516knicks » Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:39 pm

bleedblue3303 wrote:
Meat wrote:
bleedblue3303 wrote:

I think this would be a huge mistake. Durant had trouble with the scrutiny in OKC, GS and Brooklyn. There is no way he can handle NYC and media. This would end very poorly.

the media isn't a thing y

Bridges or Bust.

Agree. Although twist my arm and I'll ad DM because he's friends with the guys. Character counts. Followers like KD don't.

But I also want to hold onto 3 names people here keep putting in play - Ihart, Precious and Deuce. I'd rather keep them for a season and see what happens than dissipate the nucleus prematurely.

I think our core roster, MN and OKC are the best for the coming 5 years. Well be top 3 and at that point luck and injuries come into play and are beyond anyone's control.
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,415
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#304 » by BKlutch » Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:57 pm

aggo wrote:
BKlutch wrote:
aggo wrote:Randle for kat
Randle for Durant

Why do people love the Rant boys?

You want Du Rant, others want Mo. Du is not a winning player -- he's an extemely talented guy without the character to lead a team to victory.

Mo Rant is potentially more explosive and a more killer attitude, but has other character flaws that could upset Thibs' carefully created team chemistry. Such as he may have a killer attitude off the court.

I'd probably pass on both of the Rants.

durant will be available bc phoenix is gonna get swept
kat will be available bc timberwolves cant afford his contract

du rant not a winning player? sorry ur just dumb

I understand reasonable people can disagree on KD, among other players. Somehow, you thought calling me dumb would help your argument.

Go fuсk yourself.

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

aggo
RealGM
And1: 6,075

Post#305 » by aggo » Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:14 pm

BKlutch wrote:
aggo wrote:
BKlutch wrote:Why do people love the Rant boys?

You want Du Rant, others want Mo. Du is not a winning player -- he's an extemely talented guy without the character to lead a team to victory.

Mo Rant is potentially more explosive and a more killer attitude, but has other character flaws that could upset Thibs' carefully created team chemistry. Such as he may have a killer attitude off the court.

I'd probably pass on both of the Rants.

durant will be available bc phoenix is gonna get swept
kat will be available bc timberwolves cant afford his contract

du rant not a winning player? sorry ur just dumb

I understand reasonable people can disagree on KD, among other players. Somehow, you thought calling me dumb would help your argument.

Go fuсk yourself.

> horribly biased basketball take
gets called out for bad take
> becomes angry for having horribly bad biased take

Try and be better.
Jeffrey
Head Coach
And1: 5,191

Post#306 » by Jeffrey » Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:25 pm

If Kevin Durant is available, I'll take his old ass on but I wouldn't want to give up draft assets for him. He is still a top 15 players. Still a 50/40/90 guy and still a good defender.
Wildcat
RealGM

Post#307 » by Wildcat » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:21 pm

Jeffrey wrote:If Kevin Durant is available, I'll take his old ass on but I wouldn't want to give up draft assets for him. He is still a top 15 players. Still a 50/40/90 guy and still a good defender.

I'm not sour on him like every else is and they're justified in that. But I actually think he'd pair well with this team. But I like our team as it. I can't imagine breaking it up without seeing what we can do with a full training camp and a healthy squad.
bleedblue3303
Sixth Man
And1: 1,128

Post#308 » by bleedblue3303 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:20 pm

Wildcat wrote:
bleedblue3303 wrote:
Meat wrote:the media isn't a thing anymore, no one cares about local print media. The media he couldn't handle was twitter and that's everywhere

You absolutely make a point but I think the Knicks are different and it's not just local media. He's fought with Stephen A who I don't like either. He adds fuel to fire which would add a ton of drama in press. Which in return sours fans. I love that this team has no drama, great chemistry and for the most part the stories are all positive. People love a cohesive team story.

Bridges or Bust.

Winning cures all. This wouldn't be a topic if KD was winning.

Partially. This team is special, if we can win with players like this it sets a culture and tone. Look at Durant at GS, they were winning and the team still had a ton of issues.
The Lamma
Veteran
And1: 5,302

Post#309 » by The Lamma » Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:00 pm

Give Burks the SuperMax this offseason and call it a day. #Blueprint
Jeffrey
Head Coach

Post#310 » by Jeffrey » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:29 am

Wildcat wrote:
Jeffrey wrote:If Kevin Durant is available, I'll take his old ass on but I wouldn't want to give up draft assets for him. He is still a top 15 players. Still a 50/40/90 guy and still a good defender.

I'm not sour on him like every else is and they're justified in that. But I actually think he'd pair well with this team. But I like our team as it. I can't imagine breaking it up without seeing what we can do with a full training camp and a healthy squad.

I was actually thinking about that. What if we just kept the same team and continue to build our depth.

Ask iHart to do a 1+1 with a player option at the highest rate we can give him. (not sure if he can do that)

Might need to trade Mitch for more depth, particularly either another 3 and D wing or a backup primary ball handler.
Wildcat
RealGM

Post#311 » by Wildcat » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:39 am

Jeffrey wrote:
Wildcat wrote:

I was actually thinking about that. What if we just kept the same team and continue to build our depth.

Ask iHart to do a 1+1 with a player option at the highest rate we can give him. (not sure if he can do that)

Might need to trade Mitch for more depth, particularly either another 3 and D wing or a backup primary ball handler.

I know the league is a business, but considering how much Mitch has put his body on the line this year, I'd feel pretty awful if he ends up being traded.

Honestly, I'm not sure what the team would need with a healthy squad. Once Josh is back on the bench, I think he'll supplement as the ball handler. Randle can also fill in that role with substitution patterns. Deuce may also take another leap.
spree2kawhi
RealGM

Post#312 » by spree2kawhi » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:01 am

I don’t even think there are ten better players than him. He’s still legit.

Curry, Kawhi, Giannis, Jokic, Embiid, Shai, Edwards, Doncic, Tatum in no order.
Jeffrey
Head Coach

Post#313 » by Jeffrey » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:16 pm

Wildcat wrote:
Jeffrey wrote:
Wildcat wrote:

I know the league is a business, but considering how much Mitch has put his body on the line this year, I'd feel pretty awful if he ends up being traded.

Honestly, I'm not sure what the team would need with a healthy squad. Once Josh is back on the bench, I think he'll supplement as the ball handler. Randle can also fill in that role with substitution patterns. Deuce may also take another leap.

There was a rumor that the Knicks tried to trade him this offseason but couldn't get what they wanted.

There was another rumor from a Memphis insider said that it was Mitch for Marcus Smart (who was injured at the time) + protected FRP.

Would you have done that?
8516knicks
Head Coach

Post#314 » by 8516knicks » Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:27 pm

I guess Playoffs Donovan isn't a thing. 8-)
8516knicks
Head Coach

Post#315 » by 8516knicks » Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:29 pm

spree2kawhi wrote:

No order? :crazy: :nonono: :noway:
spree2kawhi
RealGM

Post#316 » by spree2kawhi » Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:33 am

8516knicks wrote:
spree2kawhi wrote:

No order? :crazy: :nonono: :noway:

I meant to say I didn’t put them in any order.
KnixinSix
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,920

Post#317 » by KnixinSix » Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:46 am

spree2kawhi wrote:
KnixinSix wrote:

Who fits rugged and 'built for the brawl' that could be available? Short of Giannis, its probably Donovan Mitchell who is a built Ford tough combo guard who runs like a ferrari.

KAT not his game
Embiid injury prone
Booker kind of
Durant definitely not

Booker? :lol: :lol: :lol:

It’s DeRozan and Bridges. KAT has been fairly tough in the current series. I’d gladly take those three guys. I also like adding one of the Pelicans‘ wings or Ingram. Mitchell too.

However, DeRozan is the purest baller, Bridges by far the toughest defender, KAT the best shooter (and maybe even passer) from that group.

Whatever happens, keep McBride and DDV and Hart at all costs. They’re the heart of the team as much as OG and Brunson are.

Nova boys are not gettingsplit up. McBride and Randle and maybe Mitch absolutely could in a super star deal.
For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. 2nd Corinthians 4:6
WargamesX
General Manager
And1: 6,490

Post#318 » by WargamesX » Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:58 pm

KnixinSix wrote:
spree2kawhi wrote:
KnixinSix wrote:

Who fits rugged and 'built for the brawl' that could be available? Short of Giannis, its probably Donovan Mitchell who is a built Ford tough combo guard who runs like a ferrari.

KAT not his game
Embiid injury prone
Booker kind of
Durant definitely not

Booker? :lol: :lol: :lol:

It’s DeRozan and Bridges. KAT has been fairly tough in the current series. I’d gladly take those three guys. I also like adding one of the Pelicans‘ wings or Ingram. Mitchell too.

However, DeRozan is the purest baller, Bridges by far the toughest defender, KAT the best shooter (and maybe even passer) from that group.

Whatever happens, keep McBride and DDV and Hart at all costs. They’re the heart of the team as much as OG and Brunson are.

Nova boys are not gettingsplit up. McBride and Randle and maybe Mitch absolutely could in a super star deal.

If it's Mikal or Derozan, an overpay in draft picks and expiring would likely be the smartest move since both teams are in a dead end. Both teams should be trying to have capitol to move up next year in a pretty good draft.

However, smart and selling your fans false hope aren't the same thing, so who knows?
Matthew 6:5
Luke 15:3-7
Ray Williams
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,418

Post#319 » by Ray Williams » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:23 am

I see us bringing everyone back, and shipping Bogie and picks for someone. Phoenix has to blow it up and Cleveland may lose Mitchell for nothing if they don’t move him.
I could see a Bogie and multiple firsts for either Booker or Mitchell.

Mitch…IHart
Randle…Precious
OG…JHart
Mitchell or Booker…Dante
Brunson…Deuce
I’d be happy with that.
KnixinSix
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,920

Post#320 » by KnixinSix » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:37 pm

WargamesX wrote:
KnixinSix wrote:
spree2kawhi wrote:Booker? :lol: :lol: :lol:

If it's Mikal or Derozan, an overpay in draft picks and expiring would likely be the smartest move since both teams are in a dead end. Both teams should be trying to have capitol to move up next year in a pretty good draft.

However, smart and selling your fans false hope aren't the same thing, so who knows?

I would say.....

Giannis, Booker, Bridges, Spida, then KAT in that order.

Embiid Im torn on. Not because of some incendiary hatred because of this series but the injury stuff and he's only getting older.

But the most available at least at the moment is Spider due to the expiring contract and him making it clear he won't resign in Cleveland. And then likely KAT due to Minny's dire cap situation.

Does a 1st round exit change the calculus on Giannis or Booker? Giannis and Booker have to be looking at this Knicks team and saying man that is the kind of squad I need to be playing for!

This offseason has a chance to be wild....
For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. 2nd Corinthians 4:6

Return to New York Knicks