ImageImageImageImageImage

Trades and Transactions Ideas Thread

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

BigShot Bojan
General Manager
And1: 8,288

Re: Trades and Transactions Ideas Thread 

Post#181 » by BigShot Bojan » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:40 pm

I think more reasonable get is Brandon Ingram ….his value is depressed
Formerly Knicks85

Capn'O wrote:I wonder what Paul Reed's feelings are about metal bats.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,163

Post#182 » by moocow007 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:17 pm

WaltFrazier wrote:
Read on Twitter

Get him this summer?

Should have got him this past winter.
KnixinSix
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,908

Post#183 » by KnixinSix » Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:12 pm

Booker would be an amazing outcome Buzz, doubt he pries free but hope to be wrong. That offer below would be plenty to get Booker too (with some picks).

With the way Miles is playing he becomes an extremely valuable trade chip. For as much as I love McBride , he becomes quite redunadant if we bring in Spidah. The best route I keep coming back to short of a surprise is Spidah , Okoro for Randle , Jeffries, McBride and resigning Hartenstein if possible. I believe this keeps us under 2nd apron. Okoro beings us a versatile defender two at the 3 and sometimes 2 position to. Mitch has PLUS defensive ability (better than DDV) and flashed that high level D he was playing his first year or two in the league and in college.

Championship lineup:

I-Hart, Mitch
OG, Achiwa
Hart, Okoro
Spidah, DDV
Brunson, Spidah
For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. 2nd Corinthians 4:6
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,333

Post#184 » by Jalen Bluntson » Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:39 pm

KnixinSix wrote:Booker would be an amazing outcome Buzz, doubt he pries free but hope to be wrong. That offer below would be plenty to get Booker too (with some picks).

With the way Miles is playing he becomes an extremely valuable trade chip. For as much as I love McBride , he becomes quite redunadant if we bring in Spidah. The best route I keep coming back to short of a surprise is Spidah , Okoro for Randle , Jeffries, McBride and resigning Hartenstein if possible. I believe this keeps us under 2nd apron. Okoro beings us a versatile defender two at the 3 and sometimes 2 position to. Mitch has PLUS defensive ability (better than DDV) and flashed that high level D he was playing his first year or two in the league and in college.

Championship lineup:

I-Hart, Mitch
OG, Achiwa
Hart, Okoro
Spidah, DDV
Brunson, Spidah

So what you're saying is...you want SpidaH? :lol:
:beer: RIP mags
KnixinSix
Assistant Coach

Post#185 » by KnixinSix » Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:07 pm

Jalen Bluntson wrote:
KnixinSix wrote:Booker would be an amazing outcome Buzz, doubt he pries free but hope to be wrong. That offer below would be plenty to get Booker too (with some picks).

Championship lineup:

I-Hart, Mitch
OG, Achiwa
Hart, Okoro
Spidah, DDV
Brunson, Spidah

Lolol

If some of the BIGs were healthier there would be equal or better options but they aren't
For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. 2nd Corinthians 4:6
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,333

Post#186 » by Jalen Bluntson » Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:13 pm

KnixinSix wrote:
Jalen Bluntson wrote:

Championship lineup:

I-Hart, Mitch
OG, Achiwa
Hart, Okoro
Spidah, DDV
Brunson, Spidah

Lolol

If some of the BIGs were healthier there would be equal or better options but they aren't

I trust the FO to make the right move. I don't care who it is anymore. It just has to make sense. I am ok with running it back healthy but, Thibs has to recognize that we need the team healthy in April!!!

Thankfully we have a great team with assets to improve. I'm far more focused on the playoffs than the mystery trade talk. I'll save that for the summer.
:beer: RIP mags
spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,838

Post#187 » by spree2kawhi » Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:39 pm

What about Beal? I’d rather get Bridges or DeRozan, but I could see Phoenix giving up Beal.
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,744

Post#188 » by robillionaire » Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:12 pm

spree2kawhi wrote:What about Beal? I’d rather get Bridges or DeRozan, but I could see Phoenix giving up Beal.

No thanks, his contract is grotesque for such a mid player
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,808

Post#189 » by WaltFrazier » Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:14 pm

moocow007 wrote:
WaltFrazier wrote:
Read on Twitter

Get him this summer?

Yeah at least Bogs is looking better lately but Derozan alone instead of Bogs and Burks, DD would have been killing it all this time. A better replacement for Randle's scoring
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
KnixinSix
Assistant Coach

Post#190 » by KnixinSix » Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:24 am

spree2kawhi wrote:What about Beal? I’d rather get Bridges or DeRozan, but I could see Phoenix giving up Beal.

Another older and/or very injury prone player. If you want a combo guard Spidah is 10x a better option.
KnixinSix
Assistant Coach

Post#191 » by KnixinSix » Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:30 am

Jalen Bluntson wrote:
KnixinSix wrote:
Jalen Bluntson wrote:

Lolol

I trust the FO to make the right move. I don't care who it is anymore. It just has to make sense. I am ok with running it back healthy but, Thibs has to recognize that we need the team healthy in April!!!

Thankfully we have a great team with assets to improve. I'm far more focused on the playoffs than the mystery trade talk. I'll save that for the summer.

Im always in GM mode bruh :lol:

I just see the team makeup right now and I see a 2nd elite scorer to take them over the top. OG gonna get paid so he could be the 'man' of our frontcourt. KAT fits great but not from a salary standpoint.

I think the lineup I listed above under Thibs is a championship team.
WaltFrazier
RealGM

Post#192 » by WaltFrazier » Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:56 am

With the way Miles is playing he becomes an extremely valuable trade chip. For as much as I love McBride , he becomes quite redundant if we bring in Spidah. The best route I keep coming back to short of a surprise is Spidah , Okoro for Randle , Jeffries, McBride and resigning Hartenstein if possible. I believe this keeps us under 2nd apron. Okoro beings us a versatile defender two at the 3 and sometimes 2 position to. Mitch has PLUS defensive ability (better than DDV) and flashed that high level D he was playing his first year or two in the league and in college.

Championship lineup:

I-Hart, Mitch
OG, Achiwa
Hart, Okoro
Spidah, DDV
Brunson, Spidah

I feel like if Knicks added Mitchell, Deuce would not be redundant. He'd be a perfect backup guard to come in and guard quick opponent guards like Maxey, as he did Saturday. Plus he can shoot, a 3nD guard. But I guess what I'm saying might make Donte redundant instead, and I don't think they want to mess with Villanova chemistry
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,910

Post#193 » by nykballa2k4 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:04 am

moocow007 wrote:
WaltFrazier wrote:
Read on Twitter

Get him this summer?

Eh, we are just fine I think
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
spree2kawhi
RealGM

Post#194 » by spree2kawhi » Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:12 am

KnixinSix wrote:

Another older and/or very injury prone player. If you want a combo guard Spidah is 10x a better option.

Yeah it wasn’ta good idea. I don’t even want Mitchell. I want Bridges or DeRozan.
spree2kawhi
RealGM

Post#195 » by spree2kawhi » Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:13 am

moocow007 wrote:
WaltFrazier wrote:
Read on Twitter

Get him this summer?

We might win it all with him on board.
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,410

Post#196 » by DOT » Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:25 pm

DeRozan's a worse fit than D Mitch, him and Randle wouldn't work together

Plus he's getting old.
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,217

Post#197 » by sol537 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:41 pm

DOT wrote:DeRozan's a worse fit than D Mitch, him and Randle wouldn't work together

Plus he's getting old.

Demar is a nice player and all but we didn’t get him for several reasons:

1) he’s a free agent this off season
2) Chicago likely wants to keep him
3) king’s ransom to obtain him
4) he takes the ball out of Brunson’s hands
5) he takes minutes from DDV and Hart

Yes he prob improves our chances this year a bit but it’s a pipe dream to believe the Bulls would trade him. Their treadmill team is too important.
WaltFrazier
RealGM

Post#198 » by WaltFrazier » Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:44 pm

DOT wrote:DeRozan's a worse fit than D Mitch, him and Randle wouldn't work together

Plus he's getting old.

He led the league in minutes played this year. But yeah at his age he could drop off abruptly
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,410

Post#199 » by DOT » Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:49 pm

WaltFrazier wrote:

Plus he's getting old.

He led the league in minutes played this year. But yeah at his age he could drop off abruptly

The fit's more of my issue than the age

Hart/DeRozan/Randle/Mitch (or Hartenstein) on the floor together would be a spacing nightmare.
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,532

Post#200 » by Deeeez Knicks » Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:51 pm

We dont even have the cap space for DeRozan.
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce

Return to New York Knicks