ImageImageImageImageImage

Trades and Transactions Ideas Thread

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,333

Re: Trades and Transactions Ideas Thread 

Post#261 » by Jalen Bluntson » Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:28 pm

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
sol537 wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:

NY or bust includes the Nets, and Cam Thomas / Cam Johnson plus the Suns & Sixers picks beats that trade.

It's debatable whether that Nets package trumps the NYK package.... and it's debatable whether Spida would want to go to the cesspool that is the current Brooklyn Nets team... highly debatable... But let's see how the playoffs and off-season plays out!

It's not debatable

2025 - Suns unprotected
2027 - Sixers top 8 protected S
Suns unprotected

2028 - Own pick

2029 - Own pick
Suns pick unprotected
Mavs pick unprotected

They'd be able to still keep a competitive team getting Johnson while having a cache of valuable unprotected picks. Also, it's not really up in the air with Mitchell, he and Bridges are good friends, they go to Liberty games together. I think he only cares about being in NY so he can be close to his mother and sister, that's basically all it comes down to with him.

DM goes to Brooklyn and all the media will talk about is how great they will be now and that they are the better team. :lol: BUT, we will know the truth. They will empty the cupboards for him and fail again like they always do.
:beer: RIP mags
KnixinSix
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,908

Post#262 » by KnixinSix » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:10 pm

spree2kawhi wrote:
KnixinSix wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:

They're 100% going to go after Donovan or Booker if those guys are ever on the market, especially since they're CAA and Randle no longer is. Everything they've done should show that they want another star, there's no assets left to get anything done outside of Randle & picks.

Keeping all the picks is the biggest hint possible about their plans.

Randle is clearly better than RJ and/or IQ who were the original centerpieces of the first DM trade with Utah.

Just imagine this team as it is right now but with Spidah AND of McBride. Spidah's 3 ball shooting along with lightning slashes to the hoop would totally take pressure off of Brunson. This team would be unstoppable. And Spidah's D while not McBride's would be plenty good enough under Thibs.

Fixed 8-) I agree it would be wild. Assuming we trade Randle for him, that team’s a little thin at forward though.

The trade that makes alot of sense is Randle, McBride and 1-2 FRPs for Spidah, Okoro. Okoro becomes our SF version of McBride. McBride is their defensive counterpart to Garland in the backcourt.
For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. 2nd Corinthians 4:6
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,404
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#263 » by BKlutch » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:10 pm

aggo wrote:Randle for kat
Randle for Durant

Why do people love the Rant boys?

You want Du Rant, others want Mo. Du is not a winning player -- he's an extemely talented guy without the character to lead a team to victory.

Mo Rant is potentially more explosive and a more killer attitude, but has other character flaws that could upset Thibs' carefully created team chemistry. Such as he may have a killer attitude off the court.

I'd probably pass on both of the Rants.

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

KnixinSix
Assistant Coach

Post#264 » by KnixinSix » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:13 pm

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
sol537 wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:

NY or bust includes the Nets, and Cam Thomas / Cam Johnson plus the Suns & Sixers picks beats that trade.

It's debatable whether that Nets package trumps the NYK package.... and it's debatable whether Spida would want to go to the cesspool that is the current Brooklyn Nets team... highly debatable... But let's see how the playoffs and off-season plays out!

It's not debatable

2025 - Suns unprotected
2027 - Sixers top 8 protected S
Suns unprotected

2028 - Own pick

2029 - Own pick
Suns pick unprotected
Mavs pick unprotected

They'd be able to still keep a competitive team getting Johnson while having a cache of valuable unprotected picks. Also, it's not really up in the air with Mitchell, he and Bridges are good friends, they go to Liberty games together. I think he only cares about being in NY so he can be close to his mother and sister, that's basically all it comes down to with him.

Randle would be the centerpiece that Trumps their package
For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. 2nd Corinthians 4:6
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,276

Post#265 » by stuporman » Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:41 am

BigShot Bojan wrote:I just have a hard time with knicks trading players within thier conference....

How did they not consult with you before trading for OG? The audacity...
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,333

Post#266 » by Jalen Bluntson » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:24 am

Like I said in the other thread...if nothing makes sense. Draft kids to develop and run it back!

However much it costs sensibly speaking...
Brunson/Deuce
DDV/Hart
OG/Bogs
Randle/Precious
iHart/Mitch/

Those ten should play in the rotation all year. Not 5 minutes a game every three weeks and then being forced to start because we are dealing with injuries from game seven 82 games a year. If hey add anything from the draft or something else...we can talk then about expanding the rotation even more. Thibs needs to be reigned in a little bit. Absolutely cannot be limping into the playoffs on tired legs every year.

Precious/Bogs will be the most situational when vying for minutes but, I would love to see this entire team healthy for more than 14 games.
:beer: RIP mags
Jeffrey
Head Coach
And1: 5,171

Post#267 » by Jeffrey » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:54 am

Are you sure you want Booker?
Meat
Head Coach
And1: 4,614

Post#268 » by Meat » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:23 am

Jalen Bluntson wrote:Like I said in the other thread...if nothing makes sense. Draft kids to develop and run it back!

However much it costs sensibly speaking...
Brunson/Deuce
DDV/Hart
OG/Bogs
Randle/Precious
iHart/Mitch/

Those ten should play in the rotation all year. Not 5 minutes a game every three weeks and then being forced to start because we are dealing with injuries from game seven 82 games a year. If hey add anything from the draft or something else...we can talk then about expanding the rotation even more. Thibs needs to be reigned in a little bit. Absolutely cannot be limping into the playoffs on tired legs every year.

Precious/Bogs will be the most situational when vying for minutes but, I would love to see this entire team healthy for more than 14 games.

it's this offseason or bust for moves, new cba's coming, all nba max extensions are coming as well as bogy expiring
spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,838

Post#269 » by spree2kawhi » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:59 am

KnixinSix wrote:
spree2kawhi wrote:
KnixinSix wrote:
Randle is clearly better than RJ and/or IQ who were the original centerpieces of the first DM trade with Utah.

Just imagine this team as it is right now but with Spidah AND of McBride. Spidah's 3 ball shooting along with lightning slashes to the hoop would totally take pressure off of Brunson. This team would be unstoppable. And Spidah's D while not McBride's would be plenty good enough under Thibs.

Fixed 8-) I agree it would be wild. Assuming we trade Randle for him, that team’s a little thin at forward though.

The trade that makes alot of sense is Randle, McBride and 1-2 FRPs for Spidah, Okoro. Okoro becomes our SF version of McBride. McBride is their defensive counterpart to Garland in the backcourt.

If it’s Randle, they’re already getting a lot and Okoro is no version of McBride in my view. Mitchell is not worth Randle and McBride imo.
GettinitDone
Head Coach
And1: 3,007

Post#270 » by GettinitDone » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:39 pm

Read on Twitter

I think they'll move KD too... but at this point, at his age, I'm actually not sure if he's better than Randle
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 41,553

Post#271 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:43 pm

GettinitDone wrote:
Read on Twitter

I think they'll move KD too... but at this point, at his age, I'm actually not sure if he's better than Randle

He's better, but the age and injury history are a major problem. Randle even with this injury which was contact, is just more durable, you know you're gonna get 70 games from him next year and the year after that, don't think you can say the same for KD.

Also, he and Booker have the same issue, in that they should have a much higher volume of threes. Like KD should be taking 8-10 a game now.
bleedblue3303
Sixth Man
And1: 1,128

Post#272 » by bleedblue3303 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:51 pm

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
GettinitDone wrote:
Read on Twitter

He's better, but the age and injury history are a major problem. Randle even with this injury which was contact, is just more durable, you know you're gonna get 70 games from him next year and the year after that, don't think you can say the same for KD.

Also, he and Booker have the same issue, in that they should have a much higher volume of threes. Like KD should be taking 8-10 a game now.

I think this would be a huge mistake. Durant had trouble with the scrutiny in OKC, GS and Brooklyn. There is no way he can handle NYC and media. This would end very poorly.
Meat
Head Coach
And1: 4,614

Post#273 » by Meat » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:05 pm

bleedblue3303 wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
GettinitDone wrote:
Read on Twitter

I think this would be a huge mistake. Durant had trouble with the scrutiny in OKC, GS and Brooklyn. There is no way he can handle NYC and media. This would end very poorly.

the media isn't a thing anymore, no one cares about local print media. The media he couldn't handle was twitter and that's everywhere
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,219

Post#274 » by sol537 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:07 pm

KD would be surrounded by experienced vets and winners. Something he hasn’t really had since golden state…
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,276

Post#275 » by stuporman » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:09 pm

KD wasn't ever a leader and he's less of a leader now, he's basically a shot maker who doesn't like contact so he's aged out of being an elite playoff performer...no thanks.

Oh...and the magic that Suns medical did in keeping him healthy this season would evaporate the moment he leaves there and the next team would be stuck with an expensive suit wearer on the sidelines...double no thanks and a hell no on top.
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
sol537
RealGM

Post#276 » by sol537 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:00 pm

stuporman wrote:KD wasn't ever a leader and he's less of a leader now, he's basically a shot maker who doesn't like contact so he's aged out of being an elite playoff performer...no thanks.

Oh...and the magic that Suns medical did in keeping him healthy this season would evaporate the moment he leaves there and the next team would be stuck with an expensive suit wearer on the sidelines...double no thanks and a hell no on top.

He wouldn't be my plan A or even plan B.

Spida, Giannis, Bridges... who knows who will be available. Only a few months until free agency, draft, and the off-season...
KnixinSix
Assistant Coach

Post#277 » by KnixinSix » Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:17 pm

GettinitDone wrote:
Read on Twitter

What's Durants contract look like? I still prefer Mitchell as a culture fit (he TRULY wants to be here) and for team chemistry.

But Durant is interesting to say the least
sol537
RealGM

Post#278 » by sol537 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:59 pm

KnixinSix wrote:
GettinitDone wrote:
Read on Twitter

What's Durants contract look like? I still prefer Mitchell as a culture fit (he TRULY wants to be here) and for team chemistry.

two years left after this year... $48m per.... so a 2-year rental with the potential of extending him 1-2 years later if things work out.

I'd prefer Spida over KD... age, contract, character, etc. all favor Spida. KD has that championship experience and height in his favor, however....

Leon will do what's best for the Knicks and I'm sure he'd consult with the Nova trio about certain players.
KnixinSix
Assistant Coach

Post#279 » by KnixinSix » Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:14 pm

sol537 wrote:
KnixinSix wrote:
GettinitDone wrote:
Read on Twitter

two years left after this year... $48m per.... so a 2-year rental with the potential of extending him 1-2 years later if things work out.

I'd prefer Spida over KD... age, contract, character, etc. all favor Spida. KD has that championship experience and height in his favor, however....

Leon will do what's best for the Knicks and I'm sure he'd consult with the Nova trio about certain players.

There are not many who offer young age , reasonable contract, reasonable health history, potentially available, and culture/chemistry fit like Donovon Mitchell does.
Wildcat
RealGM
And1: 1,635

Post#280 » by Wildcat » Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:24 pm

BKlutch wrote:
aggo wrote:Randle for kat
Randle for Durant

Why do people love the Rant boys?

You want Du Rant, others want Mo. Du is not a winning player -- he's an extemely talented guy without the character to lead a team to victory.

Mo Rant is potentially more explosive and a more killer attitude, but has other character flaws that could upset Thibs' carefully created team chemistry. Such as he may have a killer attitude off the court.

I'd probably pass on both of the Rants.

I'm not championing this trade, but I don't think you need a Durant to be leader. I don't look at Booker as a leader. Sure, he's a baller, but I don't see him as a true leader.

Return to New York Knicks