ImageImageImageImageImage

Trades and Transactions Ideas Thread

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Re: Trades and Transactions Ideas Thread 

Post#21 » by sol537 » Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:52 pm

Mitch, Deuce, and picks trumps any Nets offer…

We’d have to be sure we could retain iHart, however.
KnixinSix
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,893

Post#22 » by KnixinSix » Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:11 pm

sol537 wrote:Mitch, Deuce, and picks trumps any Nets offer…

We’d have to be sure we could retain iHart, however.

Quite possibly unless they somehow were to include Bridges. But Claxton, Cam Thomas plus some of their decent extra FR picks is not a bad package.

Now Randle on the other hand changes the dynamic quite a bit.
For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. 2nd Corinthians 4:6
Snacks
Rookie
And1: 1,115

Post#23 » by Snacks » Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:34 pm

Spida is young and a top 10 Franchise player in the league.
I have him around 10 b/c I choose him over Kawhi, Dame, Butler, KD, and Steph b/c of age.

Unless you can get someone better, which is highly unlikely, Knicks have to make this trade.
It allows us to maximize Brunson--- if the anti- Spida crowd is right and he isn't the greatest fit, and the capped out Knicks fall short, we can have a legitimate 2nd chance with Brunson b/c Spida is the type of talent that can get you another talent( and probably CAA client) good enought to compete for a title.

iHart
Julius
OG/Hart
Spida/Ragu
Brunson

My preference is to run this team back and trade anyone not in my starting 5 above to bring in Spida.
However, Randle's extention may be a problem - he'll make 43mil in 24/25 and 57mil + in 28-29.
Should a 3a/3b player make that Kind of cash? There aren't many 6'8 Forwards that can score, pass, and dribble - even less that are allstars and all nba.
I'm a big fan of Markkanen. He can play Center when OG plays the 4, he can play the 4 when OG plays the 3.
I would even go for John Collins.
I believe our Championship hopes rest With Brunson/ OG/ Spida.
Mitch
Towns
OG
Spida
JB
Wildcat
RealGM
And1: 1,550

Post#24 » by Wildcat » Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:50 pm

Run it back.

Unless the Knicks -- for whatever unlikely reason -- doesn't offer I-Hart the full amount they can offer, I-Hart is staying with the Knicks. His desire to resign is too public and the results speaks for themselves. I want to see what a full training camp of I-Hart, Randle, OG, Ragu, and JB can achieve. I also want to get Josh is 6MotY award.

I don't know what more you can ask at our C and SG positions. I-Hart and Ragu are doing a bang up job.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,792

Post#25 » by 3toheadmelo » Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:53 pm

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:

They'd probably want Hart but I see that as a non starter, no way Tom or FO is letting Josh go for anyone at this point. It would have to be pick heavy, and Deuce is probably gone as well, we don't really have anything left but they also don't have many options if he's going to leave.

Unfortunately I could see the Heat jumping in with Herro and picks, he would need to make NY / Brooklyn is only choices for us to get him.

do you think we can entice them with mitchell robinson :lol:

They'd hang up that phone faster than sham downs a dust laced blunt :lol: That said, with OG and Hart on the team the backcourt is better insulated than it would have been if we made the trade 2 years ago.

It's gonna be us, New Jersey or Miami.

yeah the trade would be a lot better now than if we did it before. i say that as someone who wish we got donovan 2 years ago.

i know pat riley is gonna try to hold on to tyler herro but offer rozier, jovic and whatever picks they have left. i just hope the cavs don't fall for that.

nets dont have schit to offer besides picks because they want to keep mikal. unless they want to sacrifice cam thomas which i guess makes sense
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 44,172

Post#26 » by DaGawd » Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:50 pm

Wildcat wrote:Run it back.

Unless the Knicks -- for whatever unlikely reason -- doesn't offer I-Hart the full amount they can offer, I-Hart is staying with the Knicks. His desire to resign is too public and the results speaks for themselves. I want to see what a full training camp of I-Hart, Randle, OG, Ragu, and JB can achieve. I also want to get Josh is 6MotY award.

I don't know what more you can ask at our C and SG positions. I-Hart and Ragu are doing a bang up job.

can’t just keep running it back. should always look to make a home run move if it’s available, especially in todays nba with parody being at an all time high. you just never know when you could make the big move that puts you in the position to win a chip
BaF
Washington Wizards
sol537
RealGM

Post#27 » by sol537 » Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:05 pm

With the exception of the Bogs trade, almost every other acquisition has enhanced the teams’ chemistry, defense, IQ, talent, and offense in dramatic ways… Brunson, Hart, DDV, OG, iHart, McBride… if we can make one more move that fits perfectly like these other guys have… look out. We have to make the “right” move… not a panic move.
Lord Commander
Head Coach
And1: 1,657

Post#28 » by Lord Commander » Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:36 pm

I think the target is going to be KAT for a Jules package, not that I necessarily agree. Too much smoke.
JayTWill
Junior
And1: 116

Post#29 » by JayTWill » Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:26 pm

The Suns' picks that the Nets own have more value than any of the assets the Knicks would be willing to trade for Mitchell. Phoenix is a fringe playoff team in the west that traded all of its available draft assets to add an ageing KD and Beal without any clear avenue to improve the team around Booker now.

Unless the Knicks are willing to trade Brunson or workout some kind of sign and trade involving OG going to Cleveland I don't see why the Cavs would choose whatever package the Knicks have to offer over those future Phoenix picks. They look golden right now. The Nets should be able to outbid the Knicks without including Bridges if they truly want Mitchell.

Personally i'm not a fan of pairing two small scoring guards in the backcourt anyway.
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,302

Post#30 » by KnicksGadfly » Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:07 pm

I'd explore Paul George. He's not as young as the other guys, but he's a much better 2nd option who has a strong well-rounded game. There are already Philly rumors about this guy, but the Knicks were talking to the Clippers last offseason, if I remember correctly.

As long as he hasn't signed the extension, there's gonna be smoke.
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 44,172

Post#31 » by DaGawd » Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:21 pm

KnicksGadfly wrote:I'd explore Paul George. He's not as young as the other guys, but he's a much better 2nd option who has a strong well-rounded game. There are already Philly rumors about this guy, but the Knicks were talking to the Clippers last offseason, if I remember correctly.

As long as he hasn't signed the extension, there's gonna be smoke.

it would have to be a sign and trade for us since we don’t have the cap right? bogey, mitch and some picks
BaF
Washington Wizards
Spree2Houston
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,918

Post#32 » by Spree2Houston » Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:49 pm

Donovan Mitchell will never take a backseat to Jalen Brunson. The offense would end up being 2 guys taking turns going iso. You already see that failing in Milwaukee. It won’t work here either. I won’t even get into the defensive aspect with this pairing. This is Jalen’s team. You want the #2 to compliment him.
duetta
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,531

Post#33 » by duetta » Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:55 pm

Spree2Houston wrote:Donovan Mitchell will never take a backseat to Jalen Brunson. The offense would end up being 2 guys taking turns going iso. You already see that failing in Milwaukee. It won’t work here either. I won’t even get into the defensive aspect with this pairing. This is Jalen’s team. You want the #2 to compliment him.

Amen. Mitchell makes no sense here.
Wildcat
RealGM
And1: 1,550

Post#34 » by Wildcat » Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:10 pm

DaGawd wrote:
Wildcat wrote:Run it back.

can’t just keep running it back. should always look to make a home run move if it’s available, especially in todays nba with parody being at an all time high. you just never know when you could make the big move that puts you in the position to win a chip

Sorry, mate, but that doesn't make sense to me. This team with OG is 3 months old. Can't keep running it back doesn't apply here. We have no idea what the ceiling is with the team as is but if January told us anything, it's pretty freakin' high. Imagine what a full training camp does? You have all the complimentary pieces you could ask for on the roster right now.
KnicksGadfly
RealGM

Post#35 » by KnicksGadfly » Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:15 pm

Spree2Houston wrote:Donovan Mitchell will never take a backseat to Jalen Brunson. The offense would end up being 2 guys taking turns going iso. You already see that failing in Milwaukee. It won’t work here either. I won’t even get into the defensive aspect with this pairing. This is Jalen’s team. You want the #2 to compliment him.

I'm not sure about it would just be Jalen going iso at this point. These past few games, you've seen some really good offball movement from him. He gives up the ball, moves, manipulates the defense, gets the ball back, and does damage. Anyone who can do that can play with anyone on offense if they're willing to pass and not hold onto the ball too much. It's why Steph Curry could play with KD and Klay and Dray. He could do a crapton with the ball. He could also do a lot without ball, without getting credit for it.

And yea, totally agree with you that Mitchell should never take precedence over Brunson. I feel like only the most stubborn of us at this point are still trying to pretend Brunson hasn't surpassed Mitchell.
sol537
RealGM

Post#36 » by sol537 » Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:41 pm

Using Randle, Mitch, Bogs, McBride, and picks we, in theory, have enough to get Spida and Mikal…
Spree2Houston
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,918

Post#37 » by Spree2Houston » Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:42 pm

KnicksGadfly wrote:

I'm not sure about it would just be Jalen going iso at this point. These past few games, you've seen some really good offball movement from him. He gives up the ball, moves, manipulates the defense, gets the ball back, and does damage. Anyone who can do that can play with anyone on offense if they're willing to pass and not hold onto the ball too much. It's why Steph Curry could play with KD and Klay and Dray. He could do a crapton with the ball. He could also do a lot without ball, without getting credit for it.

And yea, totally agree with you that Mitchell should never take precedence over Brunson. I feel like only the most stubborn of us at this point are still trying to pretend Brunson hasn't surpassed Mitchell.

I mean did it work in Dallas? Sure Jalen looked good playing with Luka but we never got to see his real game until Luka got hurt. You could say the same thing after Randle went down. Brunson turned it up another level. He didn’t look this good when Randle was playing with him. The guy we’re going to end up with will be KAT. His game compliments Brunson the most. Neither will take away from each other and would move in synchrony. On offense it’ll be poetry in motion. I’m not even a KAT fan but his game is best suited to pair with Brunson.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,785

Post#38 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:05 am

Spree2Houston wrote:
KnicksGadfly wrote:

I mean did it work in Dallas? Sure Jalen looked good playing with Luka but we never got to see his real game until Luka got hurt. You could say the same thing after Randle went down. Brunson turned it up another level. He didn’t look this good when Randle was playing with him. The guy we’re going to end up with will be KAT. His game compliments Brunson the most. Neither will take away from each other and would move in synchrony. On offense it’ll be poetry in motion. I’m not even a KAT fan but his game is best suited to pair with Brunson.

You make some great points. And I’m not a KAT fan either. I guess it’ll be Thibs’s - and Jalen’s - call.
Free Palestine
KnicksGadfly
RealGM

Post#39 » by KnicksGadfly » Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:12 am

Spree2Houston wrote:
KnicksGadfly wrote:

I think you do make a good point. Basically, I'm as worried about you about a Mitchell and Brunson pairing. What happened in Dallas is that Brunson knew how to play off-ball and Luka didn't. I think the same thing might happen if Mitchell came here. Mitchell, who is worse than Brunson, can't play off ball, which would force Brunson off-ball.

I think the ideal pairing has to be someone who would defer to Brunson or another player who knows how to also play off-ball. PG-13 is the guy I'm thinking of...he's openly been happy deferring to Kawhi, he would give another strong defender to pair with OG, he spreads the floor, versatile, CAA, previously connected to NYC. Not sure about KAT...thought he might have been a strong contender until he got hurt again.
Besart19
RealGM
And1: 4,103

Post#40 » by Besart19 » Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:15 am

Brunson / DSJ
Mitchell / Donte
Bridges / Hart
Anunoby / Achiuwa
Hartenstein / Sims
Strength and Honour!

Return to New York Knicks