ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: 2nd Seed Baby!

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 37,052

Re: PG: 2nd Seed Baby! 

Post#321 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:59 pm

Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

Perk is 100% right. These guys have acted like the Knicks were a bunch of scrubs all season long and it's obvious that none of them watch games or do in depth preparation.

Also, Candace Parker, as much as I admire and respect her, also looks like a fool for what she said about Brunson.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Galvationknicks
Head Coach
And1: 4,958

Post#322 » by Galvationknicks » Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:16 pm

Wildcat wrote:
Galvationknicks wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

I didn't understand the Cavs thinking. They must've thought we were gonna lose the game. I'd would've picked them to beat the pacers and their dumb throwing the game away got them the magic. Magic can beat them. I wonder how the Cavs board is. Scared of Embiid got them a better defensive team lol

They wanted to get out of the 2/3 spot, which would be Miami/Philly. Throwing the game was more of a reaction to Bucks losing. If they won, and everyone else, they would be division champs and break the tie-breaker with both Bucks and Knicks. Poor display of sportsmanship. I can imagine any real competitor would be happy.

That's only if we lost them they would've. I went over to their board. They seem to be happy if they win a series and that's all
JB is Him
Wildcat
RealGM
And1: 1,550

Post#323 » by Wildcat » Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:37 pm

Galvationknicks wrote:
Wildcat wrote:
Galvationknicks wrote:I didn't understand the Cavs thinking. They must've thought we were gonna lose the game. I'd would've picked them to beat the pacers and their dumb throwing the game away got them the magic. Magic can beat them. I wonder how the Cavs board is. Scared of Embiid got them a better defensive team lol

They wanted to get out of the 2/3 spot, which would be Miami/Philly. Throwing the game was more of a reaction to Bucks losing. If they won, and everyone else, they would be division champs and break the tie-breaker with both Bucks and Knicks. Poor display of sportsmanship. I can imagine any real competitor would be happy.

That's only if we lost them they would've. I went over to their board. They seem to be happy if they win a series and that's all

Yeah, that's what I meant. If the Knicks and Bucks lost, they'd be the 2.

Either way, that's pathetic. I know there's some people even on our board that wanted to lose, too. Tanking for playoff positioning is just awful to the sport.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,797

Post#324 » by 3toheadmelo » Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:39 pm

Chanel Bomber wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:The Nuggets aren't that loaded. They have some good role players and Murray but Murray missed about a third of the regular season again and he's not a superstar either. They have great chemistry and Jokic is at the very center of it.

Jokic had one of the best RS ever last year and all the stats showed he should have won MVP over Embiid, so I don't see how having a similar season should be held against him.

You're just used to the Nuggets and Jokic being this good but consistency shouldn't be held against them in favor of novelty if they're better, which they are.

Jokic is the most impactful player in the NBA and the only players in the conversation with him this season are SGA (higher than Jokic in EPM for instance) and a healthy Embiid (who's not eligible).

Brunson has had a fantastic season but he is just not in the same stratosphere as them in terms of impact, and his team has a worse record than both Denver and OKC.

He should however be in the running for All-NBA first team. Come back to your senses bro :lol:

bro they won the chip, of course they're loaded :lol:
murray still played more games than randle. so jokic had more help than brunson did this season. jokic also has porter jr, aaron gordon (whos good, he had a big impact in their post season), 3 and d KCP and a bunch of high level role players off the bench (braun and peyton watson had breakout years).

embiid rightfully won last season if you asked me. he was the best player in the regular season. playoffs is a different story :lol:

sga and jokic had way more help than brunson did so of course their team records are going to be better. not only did we lose randle, we also didn't have OG for a while, ihart playing on one achilles the whole year, mitch out for majority of the year. and we still finished 2nd seed. i feel like you're severely underrating brunson to stan for jokic. be better chanel! lol

Denver had the better record, playing in a tougher conference, getting the same #2 seed as the Knicks, with all the individual impact stats hugely favoring Jok. There's no serious case for Jalen.

Brunson has had an incredible season worthy of a top 5 MVP case and All-NBA first team. I just think that putting him in the conversation with Jokic and SGA is either hyperbolic or premature. Those two and Embiid were in a class of their own this season in terms of impact. They've been playing at an all-time great level. Brunson has been great all season but he's just not on that historical tier yet.

All the metrics favor Jok and SGA (and Embiid who's not eligible). With the Knicks having a worse record than Denver and OKC, I really don't see the case for MVP. But first team All-NBA should be in play.

Jokic was better than Embiid by virtually every metric last season. The Embiid case was purely narrative driven. I thought Embiid was the clear-cut MVP this year until the injury, however.

you only looking at advanced stats. just a true terrible person chanel. i see why guan0 backstabbed you.
Read on Twitter
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 25,022

Post#325 » by Jeff Van Gully » Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:52 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
DaGawd wrote:
knicks94 wrote:
I appreciate your optimism, Wingo, but we were getting bullied by the Bulls for 4 quarters, the 39 win Bulls who had nothing to play for. Yeah, we won 50 games, but I wouldn't say that we have been looking good as of late.

the bulls aren’t without talent and they were been playing better down the stretch of the season. there’s no shame in having to go the distance in a game with them playing motivated.

Yeah, the Bulls record doesn't tell the story. They're actually going to be as tough as any other team in the East. If they do face the Celtics they actually have a chance despite what the Celtics worshippers say.

i respect those bulls like you do. they played tough down the stretch and have had a lot of bad luck. they're "on" at the right time. i don't think they're an easy out for anyone.

boston sweeping them if they get in.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#326 » by Jeff Van Gully » Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:00 pm

Galvationknicks wrote:
BigShot Bojan wrote:
spree2kawhi wrote:These videos are disturbing.

I give most credit to thibs and his system but that execution…*chefs kiss*.

Also can someone give Bojan some props dude tries and he’s slowly and picking up the system

I believe that's why his shot was off. He was thinking and learning too much on the defense end. He's better if you watch his rotations now compared to when the trade happened. I can see he learned the defensive rotations

i also think he wants to.

i mean, for all he knows he's here next year too. a pro should be making the best of that. i also know not everyone hits the ground running in a new workplace.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,695

Post#327 » by KnicksGod » Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:01 pm

I don’t know — I think they may still give it to Tatum
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#328 » by Jeff Van Gully » Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:02 pm

Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

most immaculate
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#329 » by Jeff Van Gully » Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:07 pm

Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

yeah, orlando is a terrible matchup for them. how you drop that last game?
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 37,052

Post#330 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:11 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
Galvationknicks wrote:
BigShot Bojan wrote:I give most credit to thibs and his system but that execution…*chefs kiss*.

Also can someone give Bojan some props dude tries and he’s slowly and picking up the system

I believe that's why his shot was off. He was thinking and learning too much on the defense end. He's better if you watch his rotations now compared to when the trade happened. I can see he learned the defensive rotations

i also think he wants to.

i mean, for all he knows he's here next year too. a pro should be making the best of that. i also know not everyone hits the ground running in a new workplace.

I'm glad Thibs allowed Boyan some grace to get his legs under him. I was kinda nervous for a minute but now this is the guy I expected to see when the trade happened.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#331 » by Jeff Van Gully » Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:11 pm

LookToShoot wrote:
SelbyCobra wrote:Just to put a bow on Year one of the DDV experience...

Donte DiVincenzo, the man Leon Rose signed to a 4 year, $50M contract this past summer, became the 7th player in NBA history to have at least 280 made three-pointers in an NBA season.

Steph (x7)
Harden (x2)
Hield (x2)
Klay (once)
Doncic (once)
PG13 (once)
Donte (once)

Narrowing it down even further, DiVincenzo became just the 4th player in history to have at least 280 made threes while shooting at least 40% from deep.

Steph (x6)
Klay (once)
Hield (once)
Donte (once)

4 YEARS, $50 MILLION.

Donte is underpaid, Hart is overpaid.

ban
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Hes_On_Fire
Head Coach
And1: 9,400

Post#332 » by Hes_On_Fire » Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:58 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

Perk is 100% right. These guys have acted like the Knicks were a bunch of scrubs all season long and it's obvious that none of them watch games or do in depth preparation.

Also, Candace Parker, as much as I admire and respect her, also looks like a fool for what she said about Brunson.

Candace Parker sucks and is a cornball with bad takes. Tries too hard to be one of the guys instead of just being herself.
New York Knicks franchise W-L record as of 9/2/22 since James L Dolan assumed full ownership (2001):

673-1,007
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,141

Post#333 » by stuporman » Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:26 am

I'm liking the doubters, the haters and the two faced double talkers....keep it up, it seems that the Knicks embrace it all and want to prove it first, then the flowers after they do something.
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,558

Post#334 » by RHODEY » Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:51 am

Hes_On_Fire wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

Candace Parker sucks and is a cornball with bad takes. Tries too hard to be one of the guys instead of just being herself.

Yeah ..and I'm not a fan of someone who has an ego that is too large to admit when they are wrong.
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,702

Post#335 » by WaltFrazier » Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:20 am

The Lamma wrote:Assuming Philly, I'd like to see Deuce get his minutes upped a bit so we can use him to cover Maxey

Yeah Divo was having trouble with White Sunday, he'll struggle to contain Maxey and you can't ask Brunson to take him. But how much can Deuce play.
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,702

Post#336 » by WaltFrazier » Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:26 am

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

most immaculate

What was Jalen saying, I couldn't hear beyond, hurry up.
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,740

Post#337 » by Fat Kat » Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:35 am

Read on Twitter
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#338 » by Jeff Van Gully » Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:04 am

WaltFrazier wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

most immaculate

What was Jalen saying, I couldn't hear beyond, hurry up.

something to the effect of, "just say whatever the bullsht and come on."
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
shmeakone
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,437

Post#339 » by shmeakone » Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:02 am

OG vs Embiid / DiVo vs Oubre... I expect fireworks if its the 76ers.
My lifetime better have a Knicks championship.
knicksNOTslick
RealGM
And1: 4,636

Post#340 » by knicksNOTslick » Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:22 am

Galvationknicks wrote:
Wildcat wrote:
Galvationknicks wrote:I didn't understand the Cavs thinking. They must've thought we were gonna lose the game. I'd would've picked them to beat the pacers and their dumb throwing the game away got them the magic. Magic can beat them. I wonder how the Cavs board is. Scared of Embiid got them a better defensive team lol

Last year's playoffs really did a number on them. They were supposed to be an up and coming team but then Brunson outplays DMitchell, Garland looked shook for half the series and then their bigs got bullied. Now their expectations are low because they know deep down they've got a soft team and they won't retool because they gave up a lot for Donovan so they can't lose him for nothing.

Return to New York Knicks