ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: 2nd Seed Baby!

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,971

Re: PG: 2nd Seed Baby! 

Post#281 » by F N 11 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:36 pm

CEO of the not trading RJ club.
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,730

Post#282 » by Fat Kat » Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:39 pm

Read on Twitter
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,697

Post#283 » by WaltFrazier » Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:40 pm

I like the thought of the guys being rested till Saturday. But the rest vs rust debate will rear its head for game 1
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,302

Post#284 » by KnicksGadfly » Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:49 pm

F N 11 wrote:Wow

IQ and effort really go a long way. It's why people give Brunson a pass for some things that other players don't get.

He's also super in shape. He's running around and carrying the team on offense too.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,311

Post#285 » by Jalen Bluntson » Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:52 pm

WaltFrazier wrote:I like the thought of the guys being rested till Saturday. But the rest vs rust debate will rear its head for game 1

It's not like other teams aren't resting too. We could use it though. We have been running playoff rotations for months!! Thibs is a maniac!
:beer: RIP mags
TrueWarrior
RealGM
And1: 8,167

Post#286 » by TrueWarrior » Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:03 pm

Jalen Bluntson wrote:
WaltFrazier wrote:I like the thought of the guys being rested till Saturday. But the rest vs rust debate will rear its head for game 1

It's not like other teams aren't resting too. We could use it though. We have been running playoff rotations for months!! Thibs is a maniac!

Lol for real.

Donte played the whole game yesterday, and you could clearly see he was tired in the 2nd half when he was short on every shot and didnt have as much energy on D. He found a 2nd wind at the end a bit, but Thibs is crazy for not giving him some rest.

I expect Josh, Donte, Jalen, and OG to play pretty much the whole game in the playoffs.

Mitch will get some time backing up Isaiah.

Deuce & Bojan may get 10-15 mpg.

Precious situational.

Thibs has shown his rotation the last few weeks.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,721

Post#287 » by mpharris36 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:06 pm

yeah i'm not really concerned about the rest vs rust thing. We need Brunson to dominate and him getting this extra time to heal up will help.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 37,524

Post#288 » by Chanel Bomber » Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:15 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:jokic is also playing on a loaded team and his stats are pretty much identical to last year. brunson has been carrying the team with all the injuries we had and still led us to a 2nd seed. what brunson has done to this knicks team has been way more impressive than jokic has done to the nuggets this season imo.

i also feel like the mvp race should be between brunson and sga

The Nuggets aren't that loaded. They have some good role players and Murray but Murray missed about a third of the regular season again and he's not a superstar either. They have great chemistry and Jokic is at the very center of it.

Jokic had one of the best RS ever last year and all the stats showed he should have won MVP over Embiid, so I don't see how having a similar season should be held against him.

You're just used to the Nuggets and Jokic being this good but consistency shouldn't be held against them in favor of novelty if they're better, which they are.

Jokic is the most impactful player in the NBA and the only players in the conversation with him this season are SGA (higher than Jokic in EPM for instance) and a healthy Embiid (who's not eligible).

Brunson has had a fantastic season but he is just not in the same stratosphere as them in terms of impact, and his team has a worse record than both Denver and OKC.

He should however be in the running for All-NBA first team. Come back to your senses bro :lol:

bro they won the chip, of course they're loaded :lol:
murray still played more games than randle. so jokic had more help than brunson did this season. jokic also has porter jr, aaron gordon (whos good, he had a big impact in their post season), 3 and d KCP and a bunch of high level role players off the bench (braun and peyton watson had breakout years).

embiid rightfully won last season if you asked me. he was the best player in the regular season. playoffs is a different story :lol:

sga and jokic had way more help than brunson did so of course their team records are going to be better. not only did we lose randle, we also didn't have OG for a while, ihart playing on one achilles the whole year, mitch out for majority of the year. and we still finished 2nd seed. i feel like you're severely underrating brunson to stan for jokic. be better chanel! lol

Denver had the better record, playing in a tougher conference, getting the same #2 seed as the Knicks, with all the individual impact stats hugely favoring Jok. There's no serious case for Jalen.

Brunson has had an incredible season worthy of a top 5 MVP case and All-NBA first team. I just think that putting him in the conversation with Jokic and SGA is either hyperbolic or premature. Those two and Embiid were in a class of their own this season in terms of impact. They've been playing at an all-time great level. Brunson has been great all season but he's just not on that historical tier yet.

All the metrics favor Jok and SGA (and Embiid who's not eligible). With the Knicks having a worse record than Denver and OKC, I really don't see the case for MVP. But first team All-NBA should be in play.

Jokic was better than Embiid by virtually every metric last season. The Embiid case was purely narrative driven. I thought Embiid was the clear-cut MVP this year until the injury, however.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,479

Post#289 » by Capn'O » Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:20 pm

Chanel Bomber wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:The Nuggets aren't that loaded. They have some good role players and Murray but Murray missed about a third of the regular season again and he's not a superstar either. They have great chemistry and Jokic is at the very center of it.

Jokic had one of the best RS ever last year and all the stats showed he should have won MVP over Embiid, so I don't see how having a similar season should be held against him.

You're just used to the Nuggets and Jokic being this good but consistency shouldn't be held against them in favor of novelty if they're better, which they are.

Jokic is the most impactful player in the NBA and the only players in the conversation with him this season are SGA (higher than Jokic in EPM for instance) and a healthy Embiid (who's not eligible).

Brunson has had a fantastic season but he is just not in the same stratosphere as them in terms of impact, and his team has a worse record than both Denver and OKC.

He should however be in the running for All-NBA first team. Come back to your senses bro :lol:

murray still played more games than randle. so jokic had more help than brunson did this season. jokic also has porter jr, aaron gordon (whos good, he had a big impact in their post season), 3 and d KCP and a bunch of high level role players off the bench (braun and peyton watson had breakout years).

embiid rightfully won last season if you asked me. he was the best player in the regular season. playoffs is a different story :lol:

sga and jokic had way more help than brunson did so of course their team records are going to be better. not only did we lose randle, we also didn't have OG for a while, ihart playing on one achilles the whole year, mitch out for majority of the year. and we still finished 2nd seed. i feel like you're severely underrating brunson to stan for jokic. be better chanel! lol

Denver had the better record, playing in a tougher conference, getting the same #2 seed as the Knicks, with all the individual impact stats hugely favoring Jok. There's no serious case for Jalen.

Brunson has had an incredible season worthy of a top 5 MVP case and All-NBA first team. I just think that putting him in the conversation with Jokic and SGA is either hyperbolic or premature. Those two and Embiid were in a class of their own this season in terms of impact. They've been playing at an all-time great level. Brunson has been great all season but he's just not on that historical tier yet.

All the metrics favor Jok and SGA (and Embiid who's not eligible). With the Knicks having a worse record than Denver and OKC, I really don't see the case for MVP. But first team All-NBA should be in play.

Jokic was better than Embiid by virtually every metric last season. The Embiid case was purely narrative driven. I thought Embiid was the clear-cut MVP this year until the injury, however.

Yeah... but **** it. Brunson for MVP!
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Chanel Bomber
RealGM

Post#290 » by Chanel Bomber » Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:23 pm

Jokic, SGA and Luka are locks.

The question is does Brunson make All-NBA first team over Tatum or Giannis?

The Celtics have been dominant so while credit for their success is shared, I do think Tatum gets in.

Giannis vs Brunson for the last spot.

I think Brunson may deserve it more. Milwaukee have been a shambles all year and I think Giannis - while intrinsically the better two-way player as of today - should be held accountable for it to some degree. Especially with the team record favoring Brunson.
Chanel Bomber
RealGM

Post#291 » by Chanel Bomber » Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:23 pm

Capn'O wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:bro they won the chip, of course they're loaded :lol:

Yeah... but **** it. Brunson for MVP!

That's an argument I can hear
SelbyCobra
General Manager
And1: 17,956

Post#292 » by SelbyCobra » Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:24 pm

Just to put a bow on Year one of the DDV experience...

Donte DiVincenzo, the man Leon Rose signed to a 4 year, $50M contract this past summer, became the 7th player in NBA history to have at least 280 made three-pointers in an NBA season.

Steph (x7)
Harden (x2)
Hield (x2)
Klay (once)
Doncic (once)
PG13 (once)
Donte (once)

Narrowing it down even further, DiVincenzo became just the 4th player in history to have at least 280 made threes while shooting at least 40% from deep.

Steph (x6)
Klay (once)
Hield (once)
Donte (once)

4 YEARS, $50 MILLION.
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,971

Post#293 » by F N 11 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:26 pm

It’s happening folks. When the herd is talking good about Brunson and Knicks

https://youtu.be/iHZ-yU1NfBU?si=Bk5M1e7p5rtaH4w2
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
Context
RealGM
And1: 12,861

Post#294 » by Context » Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:33 pm

Read on Twitter
LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren
Context
RealGM
And1: 12,861

Post#295 » by Context » Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:35 pm

Not if Thibs is still the coach :lol:
LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren
SelbyCobra
General Manager
And1: 17,956

Post#296 » by SelbyCobra » Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:06 pm

SelbyCobra wrote:Just to put a bow on Year one of the DDV experience...

Donte DiVincenzo, the man Leon Rose signed to a 4 year, $50M contract this past summer, became the 7th player in NBA history to have at least 280 made three-pointers in an NBA season.

Steph (x7)
Harden (x2)
Hield (x2)
Klay (once)
Doncic (once)
PG13 (once)
Donte (once)

Narrowing it down even further, DiVincenzo became just the 4th player in history to have at least 280 made threes while shooting at least 40% from deep.

Steph (x6)
Klay (once)
Hield (once)
Donte (once)

4 YEARS, $50 MILLION.

To add a little perspective to this production, Donte began the season as a bench player, and only really ramped things up to max levels after Julius' injury left a scoring void.

DiVincenzo played 54 games before the ASB, in which he attempted 395 threes.

DiVincenzo played 27 games after the ASB, in which he attempted 310 threes.

If we prorate a full season of the Donte we saw after the ASB when he was the Knicks second scoring option, we're looking at a guy who has 357 made threes on 38.4%.

Here are the all-time 3PM seasons in NBA history:

402 - Steph '15-'16
378 - Harden '18-'19
357 - Steph '23-'24
352 - Steph '18-'19
337 - Steph '20-'21
324 - Steph '16-'17

So the past couple of months we've been watching a facsimile of one of the greatest shooters the league has seen - it's legitimately incredible to think about. Donte was already showing to be one of the best contracts in the NBA before the ASB, but he somehow managed to show even greater value after. Just an incredible signing, and longterm, too.
NY2k1
Starter
And1: 813

Post#297 » by NY2k1 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:22 pm

Chanel Bomber wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:The Nuggets aren't that loaded. They have some good role players and Murray but Murray missed about a third of the regular season again and he's not a superstar either. They have great chemistry and Jokic is at the very center of it.

I still hate how the MVP situation went down last season. Embiid winning it was purely media driven with racism playing into it. Jokic should be winning his 4th straight MVP right now (granted, this was Embiid's year to win it if he hadn't gotten hurt like you said).
FrozenEnvelope
Veteran
And1: 3,471

Post#298 » by FrozenEnvelope » Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:25 pm

They should either change it to 'Player of the Year' or come up with another award because a lot of times the player who is "most valuable" to their team doesn't win.
LookToShoot
Veteran
And1: 1,494

Post#299 » by LookToShoot » Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:29 pm

SelbyCobra wrote:Just to put a bow on Year one of the DDV experience...

Steph (x7)
Harden (x2)
Hield (x2)
Klay (once)
Doncic (once)
PG13 (once)
Donte (once)

Steph (x6)
Klay (once)
Hield (once)
Donte (once)

4 YEARS, $50 MILLION.

Donte is underpaid, Hart is overpaid.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,785

Post#300 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:42 pm

knicks94 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
HopelessKnick wrote:I said it previously and I'll say it again: A fully healthy knick squad would have had a great chance at an NBA title. IMO they would be every bit as good as Boston or Denver etc. However I'd warn people to keep their expectations for the playoffs a little bit in check. Without Julius we do lack some substantial offense and we can't replace it unfortunately. If we beat Philly or Miami that would be absolutely huge.

This team has found a way to make up for Randle's and OG's absences and still win 50 games. OG looks completely healthy and has his game-legs back. Mitch will get there soon. The rest of the team looks good.

I can't wait for his Saturday.

I appreciate your optimism, Wingo, but we were getting bullied by the Bulls for 4 quarters, the 39 win Bulls who had nothing to play for. Yeah, we won 50 games, but I wouldn't say that we have been looking good as of late.

Let the hand wringing and nail biting begin. :lol:
Free Palestine

Return to New York Knicks