ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Rap/Hip Hop Thread VI

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 25,008

Official Rap/Hip Hop Thread VI 

Post#1 » by Jeff Van Gully » Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:03 am

some rappers beefing pushed thread 5 over the edge.

Thread V: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1661006
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 37,024

Re: Official Rap/Hip Hop Thread VI 

Post#2 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:30 pm

If Kendrick doesn't call Drake a pedophile, I'll be so disappointed. There's literally no way he can come back from that.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,707

Post#3 » by Knicksfan1992 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:24 pm

Before I give my 2 cents on the beef, I'm going to put the qualifier out there that i've been a Drake fan for a long time and haven't really loved anything Kendrick put out since GKMC. So that's the perspective I'm coming from:

-That track was fire and I'm glad Drake did it. I preferred the beat that had the "get money" sample attached however either way there's no denying that that was a strong first shot (key point being it's a first shot). Sometimes when you think you're the King you have to let the people you perceive as below you know directly. He could have easily put some subliminals in some songs down the line and would have been justified to ignore IMO. Drake is playing this very strategically and found a way to make it seem as though he's punching down while keeping his status as the underdog in the fight in public perception. The 20 v 1 reference, the side shots at everyone he doesn't deem as worthy of an adversary as Kendrick, him implying he's "hiking down" to even respond, invoking 50 Cent/G-Unit in this beef to imply he's being ganged up on/ the narrative on the Diddy vs. 50 stuff. Implying Kendrick has never gone against him solo while putting out a solo diss track himself. Very impressive/clever stuff by Drake which is what I expected tbh. Despite what a lot of heads think, Drake has always been a student of the game and competitor first. Most importantly he learned from the Pusha beef IMO.

-What exactly do we have to go off that Kendrick is built for this? He's never directly squabbled with anyone and we rarely hear from him when he's not dropping an album...To me, his rap delivery and career to this point does not lead me to believe he would necessarily be strong in a battle/beef type setting. His first shot honestly was kind of weak? There were just some thinly veiled shots without specific mention. "It's big Me"?!?! Calling him a bum?!? Maybe that was a setup/bait situation but, I wasn't impressed by anything Kendrick said in his initial jab. For all the flack Drake gets for living off subliminals and empty threats, this is basically what Kendrick fans have pointed to for years as to why he's not to be messed with. Nobody worthy has ever really pushed back on him. Maybe Big Sean? Even that was subliminal... Well here you go...now it's time for Kendrick to finally back up the hypotheticals and RESPOND. He's always been a front runner. Ball is in his court now. He finally has pressure. I'm excited to see his response. My prediction about what will happen is biased but, maybe Kendrick really has something tucked away that Drake isn't ready for... I find that highly doubtful given that Kendrick has not exactly kept solid relationships behind the scenes.

-By contrast, Drake has been in numerous beefs and has experience maneuvering these situations and being "uncomfortable". The elephant in the room here is the Pusha beef... Now do I think Drake won the Pusha beef in a vacuum? Absolutely not.. To me that situation reminded me of Takeover vs. Ether. Ether won in the moment but in the long term I think Takeover was a better song and predictor of future outcomes. It also helps that Pusha took some "creative liberties" with the facts of what he was actually saying and presenting.... I'll just leave it at that. I'm not here to defend Drake's honor, he lost that fair and square and he's got plenty of money, resources and stans to do that for him :lol:

-Point being it took a nuke of "hidden child" proportions to at least temporarily knock Drake down a few pegs and take an L. He easily disposed of Meek Mill in another high profile beef who had WAY MORE battle credentials than Kendrick does. Also, pre fame he squabbled with some underground Toronto dudes and came out as consensus winner (Check his Aristo diss).

Does Kendrick really have something like that tucked away? Can he regain control of the narrative in a way that puts Drake on his heels? Drake left a lot of meat on the bone with what he said. A lot of breadcrumbs, if you're really listening to what he said that he didn't empty the clip at all. I just find that Kendrick pushed himself into a lose/lose situation. He now has the standard of not only Drake's track to live up to but also what Pusha did as well... I find it hard to believe he can live up to that expectation which is why I said being in beefs before is a HUGE advantage for Drake.

Also, BTW the pedophile thing has never been substantiated and given who Kendrick has aligned himself with in this battle he may want to stay away from anything sexual LOL. Like I said invoking 50 was a chess move and I'll leave it at that...
iLLmatic860
General Manager
And1: 15,379

Post#4 » by iLLmatic860 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:52 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=tVloFuZHnRcV_n-C8CiW9Q
ColeWorld23
Sixth Man
And1: 688

Post#5 » by ColeWorld23 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:19 am

iLLmatic860 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=tVloFuZHnRcV_n-C8CiW9Q

This has to be AI, Kendrick has the 2011 Kendrick voice on there.
ColeWorld23
Sixth Man
And1: 688

Post#6 » by ColeWorld23 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:25 am

iLLmatic860
General Manager

Post#7 » by iLLmatic860 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:27 am

the Rick Ross **** has been funny AF
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#8 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:30 pm

iLLmatic860 wrote:the Rick Ross **** has been funny AF

:lol: yeah nah this is funny as hell

"Tell yo MOMMA you stayed out past your curfew, white boy!!" :lol: :lol: :lol: yooooo

iLLmatic860
General Manager

Post#9 » by iLLmatic860 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:15 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:

"Tell yo MOMMA you stayed out past your curfew, white boy!!" :lol: :lol: :lol: yooooo

lmaooo i didn't know rozay was this funny tbh

ayo peep this.this **** had me rollin last night
Read on Twitter
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#10 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:41 pm

iLLmatic860 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

lmaooo i didn't know rozay was this funny tbh

ayo peep this.this **** had me rollin last night
Read on Twitter

People have too much time on their hands omg :lol: !!!!

I don't even want to know why he is being called BBL Drizzy. Drake is a mess

Ghetto Gospel
Veteran
And1: 2,595

Post#11 » by Ghetto Gospel » Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:19 pm

Read on Twitter
TerrenceClarke
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,092

Post#12 » by TerrenceClarke » Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:27 pm

Alot of people dont realize that Ross is prob the only person who went toe to toe with 50 cent with jokes. Most people either bow out or dont even want the smoke. Ross never backed down and would always be cracking jokes. Drake is light work for Ross. Drake must of forgot of the Ross vs 50cent wars. Ross wont let up.
Memphis Grizzlies AKA Wing Stop
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,707

Post#13 » by Knicksfan1992 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:36 pm

TerrenceClarke wrote:Alot of people dont realize that Ross is prob the only person who went toe to toe with 50 cent with jokes. Most people either bow out or dont even want the smoke. Ross never backed down and would always be cracking jokes. Drake is light work for Ross. Drake must of forgot of the Ross vs 50cent wars. Ross wont let up.

LOL wut. This is a delusional recounting of events between Ross and 50.

Ross got BODIED by both 50 and Lloyd Banks and scurried off.

Ross is over 50 making cringy memes and bs. Y'all will believe anything as long as it goes against Drake :lol:
iLLmatic860
General Manager

Post#14 » by iLLmatic860 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:42 pm

TerrenceClarke wrote:Alot of people dont realize that Ross is prob the only person who went toe to toe with 50 cent with jokes. Most people either bow out or dont even want the smoke. Ross never backed down and would always be cracking jokes. Drake is light work for Ross. Drake must of forgot of the Ross vs 50cent wars. Ross wont let up.

The Game was pretty funny too. I guess i had a bias And i was on 50 side back then but i remember 50 clowning ross hard lol

But over the years. I started to appreciate ross more and more. His pen game is slept on. The other day I said something along the lines like this to some younger dudes in their mid 20s and the first thing he said was “how many classic albums ross have”

Honestly couldn’t answer that question but you can still be a good rapper and be slept on. Lol
iLLmatic860
General Manager

Post#15 » by iLLmatic860 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:54 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:

Ross is over 50 making cringy memes and bs. Y'all will believe anything as long as it goes against Drake :lol:

I think if anything Kiss was the only one to truly body 50. Fif didn’t want smoke from the Lox lol
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#16 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:58 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:

Officer Riiiiiiickkkkyyyyyy :lol:

TerrenceClarke
Assistant Coach

Post#17 » by TerrenceClarke » Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:59 pm

yall dudes cant read. I said JOKES. Somebody said they didnt know Ross was funny. But he clearly showed that he has Jokes with teh 50 cent beef.

Again yall Mofos needs to READ before you respond. I was not talking about raps.
TerrenceClarke
Assistant Coach

Post#18 » by TerrenceClarke » Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:00 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:

Get Drake Dick out ya mouth ....

You wrote a whole essay slobbing him....be easy
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#19 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:10 pm

iLLmatic860 wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:

I think if anything Kiss was the only one to truly body 50. Fif didn’t want smoke from the Lox lol

Yep. And, 50 went to them like a grown man on his own and hashed it out. I forgot what they were even beefing about honestly. Probably something dumb :lol:

Either way, dude knew well enough to leave Jada and the Lox alone. I remember they were dissing Roc A Fella like every other month on those old Kay Slay (may he rest well) mixtapes. Didn't hear a peep from Jay :lol:

iLLmatic860
General Manager

Post#20 » by iLLmatic860 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:12 pm

You can see the NY influence g herbo has..he been dropping heat since Ptsd