ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Rap/Hip Hop Thread VI

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 37,069

Re: Official Rap/Hip Hop Thread VI 

Post#21 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:23 pm

TerrenceClarke wrote:yall dudes cant read. I said JOKES. Somebody said they didnt know Ross was funny. But he clearly showed that he has Jokes with teh 50 cent beef.

Again yall Mofos needs to READ before you respond. I was not talking about raps.

I've got no dog in the fight tbh i dunno why this suddenly turned into the rap Royal Rumble, but when Ross said "white boy you wanna hang at the park with the n****sssssssss" that sent me :lol:

I don't like Drake because he's a nasty f*ck that likes to mess with little girls. I'm waiting patiently for his Diddy moment to come but if dudes start dissing him left and right in the interim, I'm good with it
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
TerrenceClarke
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,100

Post#22 » by TerrenceClarke » Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:57 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
TerrenceClarke wrote:yall dudes cant read. I said JOKES. Somebody said they didnt know Ross was funny. But he clearly showed that he has Jokes with teh 50 cent beef.

Again yall Mofos needs to READ before you respond. I was not talking about raps.

I've got no dog in the fight tbh i dunno why this suddenly turned into the rap Royal Rumble, but when Ross said "white boy you wanna hang at the park with the n****sssssssss" that sent me :lol:

I don't like Drake because he's a nasty f*ck that likes to mess with little girls. I'm waiting patiently for his Diddy moment to come but if dudes start dissing him left and right in the interim, I'm good with it

Well if you don’t like Drake you will at least get some jokes.
Ross won’t stop he smell blood in the water. Most people will just respond with a rap to drake. He is not used to constant bombardment outside of rap.

The dude brought his moms in it. That’s all you need to know that Ross is winning.
How soft you got to be to be using your moms in a rap beef.

Notice how all he doing is coming at Metro Booming all day but staying away from Ross. He not clapping back like he doing with Metro.

He don’t want it.
Memphis Grizzlies AKA Wing Stop
WargamesX
General Manager
And1: 6,479

Post#23 » by WargamesX » Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:19 pm

This is what rap beef is in 2024..... corny arguments between millionaires using more memes than verses, or you spin the block until everyone on both sides is dead.

Don't even get me started about the apology.....

Nas was right in 2006......
Matthew 6:5
Luke 15:3-7
Ghetto Gospel
Veteran
And1: 2,600

Post#24 » by Ghetto Gospel » Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:42 pm

WargamesX wrote:This is what rap beef is in 2024..... corny arguments between millionaires using more memes than verses, or you spin the block until everyone on both sides is dead.

i get the j cole thing tho. dude's 40 years old with a fk ton of money and success. he's too old and successful to be beefin with someone like that. he and kendrick probably don't even dislike each other either.

drake and kendrick on the other hand do dislike each other and highkey haven't liked each other for a minute now. if they truly went at each other when they were younger and on the come up, it could have been fire but, now?
Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 37,524

Post#25 » by Chanel Bomber » Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:29 am

Never got the Kendrick hype. He's technically gifted but I find the music stale, and the lyrics pretty basic and unimpressive compared to the great lyricists of the genre.

He always felt to me like a pale imitation of the past. A past that we should leave alone and move on from. He always felt forced (in my view), in a broader, desperate attempt to revive the old days. But I know friends who genuinely love him so this is just my personal impression.

J. Cole is a bit the same. Except it feels a bit less pompous.

There are lesser known rappers nowadays that I find much better, and more interesting to listen to.

In a way, I find this contrast to be symptomatic of the slow death of the genre.
Fury
RealGM
And1: 15,024

Post#26 » by Fury » Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:32 am

Chanel Bomber wrote:Never got the Kendrick hype. He's technically gifted but I find the music stale, and the lyrics pretty basic and unimpressive compared to the great lyricists of the genre.

He always felt to me like a pale imitation of the past. A past that we should leave alone and move on from. He always felt forced (in my view), in a broader, desperate attempt to revive the old days. But I know friends who genuinely love him so this is just my personal impression.

There are lesser known rappers nowadays that I find much better, and more interesting to listen to.

In a way, I find this contrast to be symptomatic of the slow death of the genre.

Kendrick is the only guy between the three who’d still be considered good in the 90s
WargamesX
General Manager

Post#27 » by WargamesX » Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:46 pm

Ghetto Gospel wrote:
WargamesX wrote:This is what rap beef is in 2024..... corny arguments between millionaires using more memes than verses, or you spin the block until everyone on both sides is dead.

i get the j cole thing tho. dude's 40 years old with a fk ton of money and success. he's too old and successful to be beefin with someone like that. he and kendrick probably don't even dislike each other either.

drake and kendrick on the other hand do dislike each other and highkey haven't liked each other for a minute now. if they truly went at each other when they were younger and on the come up, it could have been fire but, now?

Then don't brag about being in the top 3 and then back out if someone challenges you on it. I saw the post after about the slow death of the music form and yeah Hip Hop has been in decline for 20 years. 50 years is a long time to stay relevant, but like Rock a lot of the best acts are legacy acts past their prime.

The best chance the music had to maybe evolve was Pop Smoke.....
Synciere
Head Coach
And1: 4,506

Post#28 » by Synciere » Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:44 pm

TerrenceClarke wrote:Alot of people dont realize that Ross is prob the only person who went toe to toe with 50 cent with jokes. Most people either bow out or dont even want the smoke. Ross never backed down and would always be cracking jokes. Drake is light work for Ross. Drake must of forgot of the Ross vs 50cent wars. Ross wont let up.

True story. Budden even asked before everything started what Ross would do, because we all knew it would be something. Ross survived being caught as a corrections officer, which is one level removed from being police and stayed alive. Toxicity and savage levels are on a million here..
Synciere
Head Coach

Post#29 » by Synciere » Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:46 pm

WargamesX wrote:
Ghetto Gospel wrote:

Then don't brag about being in the top 3 and then back out if someone challenges you on it. I saw the post after about the slow death of the music form and yeah Hip Hop has been in decline for 20 years. 50 years is a long time to stay relevant, but like Rock a lot of the best acts are legacy acts past their prime.

Am I the only one who thinks the demise of hip hop started with the rise of Atlanta? Maybe if Big had never died and The Commission actually came to fruition with his own label there would've been more of a fight for the soul of hip hop.
Synciere
Head Coach

Post#30 » by Synciere » Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:48 pm

Fury wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:Never got the Kendrick hype. He's technically gifted but I find the music stale, and the lyrics pretty basic and unimpressive compared to the great lyricists of the genre.

Kendrick is the only guy between the three who’d still be considered good in the 90s

Just not true. Drake and Cole are both legit Hall of Famers, and could have competed in any era. It's just whether or not their sound would've resonated. In that regard, I think Cole is the only one in trouble. At least Drake would've still had Toronto/canada behind him..
WargamesX
General Manager

Post#31 » by WargamesX » Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:43 pm

Synciere wrote:
WargamesX wrote:
Ghetto Gospel wrote:

Am I the only one who thinks the demise of hip hop started with the rise of Atlanta? Maybe if Big had never died and The Commission actually came to fruition with his own label there would've been more of a fight for the soul of hip hop.

OutKast alone justifies Atlanta. Anyhow maybe I am getting to nostalgic…. So far the only person who I think really looks bad is J Cole. It’s just embarrassing the more I think about it. Maybe somebody will get ethered, but so far Cole is the only person whose reputation took a hard hit.

This entire thing feels like a blip in everyone’s careers, like when Jermaine Dupree had beef with Timbaland and Dr. Dre and you look back at that like “why did we care”? Unless this all picks up steam it’s a blip for everyone involved.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,798

Post#32 » by 3toheadmelo » Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:44 pm

kendrick peaked in his 1st album

while it sucked seeing cole backpedal his diss (i understand it though), that ep he dropped was fire. put some respect on his name

getting killa cam to redo im ready is legendary

he got young dro and gucci on the same track which shows how much cole respects the culture. straight bars too

and he got the og trae the truth on here doing the outro. iconic
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
TerrenceClarke
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,100

Post#33 » by TerrenceClarke » Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:43 pm

I’m not a big Kendrick fan overall more a Kendrick Song type of person. I felt like he went in a weird direction after debuting with Section 80 & Good Kid.

I personally like his skill and back ground above all else vs the other 2

I agree Kendrick may have peaked early on his albums but that’s because his base skill set was so damn high it’s hard to ” get better”.

Young Kendrick is basically Compton Nas when he was coming out even before he got signed .He from the actual hood unlike Cole and Drake who are both suburban dudes.

IMO Cole is a sucker . This dude been popping mad schit about he that dude and folded. He shot his self in the foot being soft. In my eyes I will never looks at him the same. Even drake came harder than you. How you softer than drake ? Smh.

I still prefer young Kendrick over anything those dudes are doing and have ever done.

Skill wise he is a place by himself vs the other 2. I will always stand on that even if I don’t rock with a lot of the newer stuff.
Memphis Grizzlies AKA Wing Stop
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,798

Post#34 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:49 am

TerrenceClarke wrote:I’m not a big Kendrick fan overall more a Kendrick Song type of person. I felt like he went in a weird direction after debuting with Section 80 & Good Kid.

I personally like his skill and back ground above all else vs the other 2

I agree Kendrick may have peaked early on his albums but that’s because his base skill set was so damn high it’s hard to ” get better”.

Young Kendrick is basically Compton Nas when he was coming out even before he got signed .He from the actual hood unlike Cole and Drake who are both suburban dudes.

IMO Cole is a sucker . This dude been popping mad schit about he that dude and folded. He shot his self in the foot being soft. In my eyes I will never looks at him the same. Even drake came harder than you. How you softer than drake ? Smh.

I still prefer young Kendrick over anything those dudes are doing and have ever done.

Skill wise he is a place by himself vs the other 2. I will always stand on that even if I don’t rock with a lot of the newer stuff.

I felt like he went in a weird direction after debuting with Section 80 & Good Kid.

facts. he be doing some weird singing schit and it sounds like ass. like on some experimental schit.

i think cole in a different space now. he feels he matured out of that beef schit which i understand. you can even tell from the song he didnt wanna diss kendrick. young cole would've went in a different direction though. remember this man allegedly put hands on diddy 10 years ago lol. i think it's all love with k dot's and his camp with cole either way.
Read on Twitter

ima keep it 100 though. drake a smart dude. he capitalized off this at the right time. drake was never gonna respond to kendrick. he waited for cole to do it. when cole backtracked drake knew if he responded to kendrick everyone would look at him as hard now and in a higher light than cole since they always getting compared to each other. im willing to bet if cole didn't apologize, drake would've never put out that song. drake made a calculated move and its paying off
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
WargamesX
General Manager

Post#35 » by WargamesX » Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:19 pm

If Drake had dropped one line and then backtracked with an apology everyone would be calling him soft and making jokes. The only reason people defend Cole is they like Cole so they are making excuses. What he did was weak, and everyone should be looking at him funny.
Galou
Pro Prospect
And1: 643

Post#36 » by Galou » Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:33 pm

F$+*k the Nets.
SelbyCobra
General Manager
And1: 17,959

Post#37 » by SelbyCobra » Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:41 pm

On one end of the spectrum we got a beef where dude is texting his mom and using AI to get a dead legend cosign, and on the other end we got Chris Brown telling Quavo "RIP TakeOff he the only real one that got true respect, crazy how when he died everyone wished it was you instead."

Damn.
Ghetto Gospel
Veteran
And1: 2,600

Post#38 » by Ghetto Gospel » Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:20 pm

new drake track kinda weird
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#39 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:35 pm

SelbyCobra wrote:On one end of the spectrum we got a beef where dude is texting his mom and using AI to get a dead legend cosign, and on the other end we got Chris Brown telling Quavo "RIP TakeOff he the only real one that got true respect, crazy how when he died everyone wished it was you instead."

Damn.

Yeah that Chris Brown/Quavo beef might end in violence. That was one of the foulest things I've ever heard.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#40 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:48 pm

Synciere wrote:
WargamesX wrote:
Ghetto Gospel wrote:

Nah I can't blame Atlanta for that. There was a period in the late 90s where NY hip hop started to shift towards becoming more 'commercial' instead of street and the vibe was never the same after that.

Return to New York Knicks