ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Online dating?

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,927

Re: OT: Online dating? 

Post#81 » by Capn'O » Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:39 pm

I see that you are into cars. This interests me as I am also an aficionado of fine automobiles. How did that start for you? Please tell me the make and model of your first car.

Good luck and stay safe HW. It's a jungle out there!
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 37,356

Post#82 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:58 pm

knicks94 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
knicks94 wrote:
A post of mine that Mr.DollarBills disagrees with? I thought I'd never live to see the day.

What I mean by damaged goods is that the woman carries baggage from their previous relationships. It doesn't mean that just because she has a child or children that she is incapable of making a man happy or functioning in a family. But speaking from first hand knowledge there is a lot of crap that a man will have to tolerate in order to make a relationship with a single mom work in the long run.

Honestly?

We all have baggage from previous relationships. Those experiences shape who we are, male, female, whatever. I've dated a person who doesn't have any children and yet it didn't work out between us because she was so messed up from her past experiences that she just couldn't allow anyone to get past the wall that she put up around her feelings. I also dated a woman who had an 8 year old at the time but it didn't work because at that time in my life, I realized that wasn't what I wanted, which sucked because she was and is still a sweetheart of a person, but I couldn't lie to myself or her. Everyone's needs and wants are different.

Regarding dating a single parent, it's a lot to deal with, especially if you don't have children of your own. So that's why I say if it's not an ideal situation for someone, it's 10000% okay to admit that and know what you want from a partner. But I don't agree with calling women who have children from a previous relationship 'damaged goods'. They're human beings, not a piece of property or a thing. When I think of damaged goods I think of some Amazon driver delivering my order with the box crushed, not a woman with a kid. :lol: :-? Not every single mother is a mess or even wants a man to be a father to their children. There's levels to this stuff.

Yeah, but it is cool.

Now that I think about it,"damaged goods' is a term that can come across as harsh. I have aunts that are single mothers, but would never call them that to their faces.

I dated a number of females who didn't have children, but were immature and emotionally unstable. And I also dated a single mother who I got along great with, but since I had many issues of my own to deal with things didn't last.

All good brother. That's why we have these conversations, I would be a hypocrite if I say that younger me didn't say similar things that I regret now :nonono:

Just like you said, it makes it a lot different when you put women who you love in these scenarios and imagine someone talking about them in that way. But now the next part is to extend that to women who you don't know and realize that no one deserves that kind of label. We all have issues. Lord knows I do :lol:
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Jeffrey
Head Coach
And1: 5,172

Post#83 » by Jeffrey » Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:00 pm

Gawwwd damn. I didn't read any of this yet but this is the Knicks RealGM forums.. known to give A+ support.
knicks94
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,005

Post#84 » by knicks94 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:02 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
knicks94 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Honestly?

We all have baggage from previous relationships. Those experiences shape who we are, male, female, whatever. I've dated a person who doesn't have any children and yet it didn't work out between us because she was so messed up from her past experiences that she just couldn't allow anyone to get past the wall that she put up around her feelings. I also dated a woman who had an 8 year old at the time but it didn't work because at that time in my life, I realized that wasn't what I wanted, which sucked because she was and is still a sweetheart of a person, but I couldn't lie to myself or her. Everyone's needs and wants are different.

Regarding dating a single parent, it's a lot to deal with, especially if you don't have children of your own. So that's why I say if it's not an ideal situation for someone, it's 10000% okay to admit that and know what you want from a partner. But I don't agree with calling women who have children from a previous relationship 'damaged goods'. They're human beings, not a piece of property or a thing. When I think of damaged goods I think of some Amazon driver delivering my order with the box crushed, not a woman with a kid. :lol: :-? Not every single mother is a mess or even wants a man to be a father to their children. There's levels to this stuff.

Yeah, but it is cool.

Now that I think about it,"damaged goods' is a term that can come across as harsh. I have aunts that are single mothers, but would never call them that to their faces.

I dated a number of females who didn't have children, but were immature and emotionally unstable. And I also dated a single mother who I got along great with, but since I had many issues of my own to deal with things didn't last.

All good brother. That's why we have these conversations, I would be a hypocrite if I say that younger me didn't say similar things that I regret now :nonono:

Just like you said, it makes it a lot different when you put women who you love in these scenarios and imagine someone talking about them in that way. But now the next part is to extend that to women who you don't know and realize that no one deserves that kind of label. We all have issues. Lord knows I do :lol:

Yeah! I wish a guy like Domingo German would have taken classes earlier in his life on how to treat women.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#85 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:05 pm

FrozenEnvelope wrote:
knicks94 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Honestly?

Yeah, but it is cool.

As you get older you will need to kind of accept children as a packaged deal. Trying to meet a woman past 30 with no kids is difficult. Not impossible but difficult.

They exist, but yeah the reality is, most women out there who are 30 and up and single might have children, and dating her just isn't about her, it's also being willing to accept her children as apart of your life if things become serious. That isn't for everyone, and nor should it be because becoming a male figure in a child's life is a serious matter.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#86 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:10 pm

knicks94 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
knicks94 wrote:
Yeah, but it is cool.

Yeah! I wish a guy like Domingo German would have taken classes earlier in his life on how to treat women.

I heard Domingo is actually about to make a come back. I hope he and his wife are in a better place emotionally and mentally. He crossed a line that no man should cross, and he's lucky that his wife didn't have anyone in her life that would have taught him a lesson.

The Lamma
Veteran
And1: 5,246

Post#87 » by The Lamma » Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:16 pm

moocow007 wrote:
Jalen Bluntson wrote:Really? Wingo using dating sites? What's wrong with hookers?

Wingo's got class. I've posted pics of when he was young and dressed in his Sunday best.

All he needs nowadays is a couple days advanced warning, a big bottle of Hims, a couple aspirins to keep the blood vessels from clogging up and he's good to go...for 2, maybe even 3 hours.

Off topic, but Moo your avi is the shiznit! Blown up a lil here for better viewing. Noyce

knicks94
Lead Assistant

Post#88 » by knicks94 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:36 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
knicks94 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

I heard Domingo is actually about to make a come back. I hope he and his wife are in a better place emotionally and mentally. He crossed a line that no man should cross, and he's lucky that his wife didn't have anyone in her life that would have taught him a lesson.

If Rougned Odor or Jose Ramirez was his brother in law it would have been over for German.
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 10,160

Post#89 » by Stannis » Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:41 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
FrozenEnvelope wrote:
knicks94 wrote:
Yeah, but it is cool.

As you get older you will need to kind of accept children as a packaged deal. Trying to meet a woman past 30 with no kids is difficult. Not impossible but difficult.

They exist, but yeah the reality is, most women out there who are 30 and up and single might have children, and dating her just isn't about her, it's also being willing to accept her children as apart of your life if things become serious. That isn't for everyone, and nor should it be because becoming a male figure in a child's life is a serious matter.

I don't think this is true anymore. People now get married later and don't have as much kids as they used to. Definitely a lot of single people out there if you put in a little effort.

40 is the new 30.

If you take what falls in your lap from bars or dating apps, yeah, it's probably going to be a divorced one (or somebody already in a relationship) with kids and baggage. But that's usually always the case if you are just waiting on somebody to make all the moves.
Free Palestine
NYKinMIA
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,013

Post#90 » by NYKinMIA » Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:09 pm

serious question, where does one go to meet quality women aged 35+ that doesn't involve alcohol?

don't you dare say church or the gym either. :lol:
Stannis
RealGM

Post#91 » by Stannis » Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:15 pm

NYKinMIA wrote:serious question, where does one go to meet quality women aged 35+ that doesn't involve alcohol?

The Mosque and organic grocery stores
Free Palestine
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#92 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:18 pm

NYKinMIA wrote:serious question, where does one go to meet quality women aged 35+ that doesn't involve alcohol?

As a rule, I don't advise anyone using the gym as a place to meet women.

Don't be that guy yall :lol:

NYKinMIA
Lead Assistant

Post#93 » by NYKinMIA » Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:24 pm

FML
knicks94
Lead Assistant

Post#94 » by knicks94 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:29 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:

Not for nothing, there are some women at the gym that like to stare at a guy.
Stannis
RealGM

Post#95 » by Stannis » Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:33 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:

I don't see anything wrong with that tbh. It's just like any place. Just do it respectfully.
Free Palestine
Meat
Head Coach
And1: 4,614

Post#96 » by Meat » Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:39 pm

a quality one? you meet them places you don't go to meet someone to date, but are full of people trying to improve themselves.

pilates/yoga
workshops for anything
writing circles
book clubs
join a co-ed kickball or softball rec league
any craft hobby(woodworking, pottery, glass blowing, metallurgy, knitting
volunteer at a pet rescue, the cuter the animal the better, rabbits
running clubs
watercolor classes
Meat
Head Coach
And1: 4,614

Post#97 » by Meat » Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:40 pm

Stannis wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

I don't see anything wrong with that tbh. It's just like any place. Just do it respectfully.

if it goes south, someone might have to leave the gym. if you like your gym, aint worth the risk
NYKinMIA
Lead Assistant

Post#98 » by NYKinMIA » Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:41 pm

Meat wrote:

a quality one? you meet them places you don't go to meet someone to date, but are full of people trying to improve themselves.

pilates/yoga
workshops for anything
writing circles
book clubs
join a co-ed kickball or softball rec league
any craft hobby(woodworking, pottery, glass blowing, metallurgy, knitting
volunteer at a pet rescue, the cuter the animal the better, rabbits
running clubs
watercolor classes

that is a quality answer.

also, you can tell who's at the gym to work or looking to get worked.
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,910

Post#99 » by nykballa2k4 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:00 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:These dating sites are going to get me killed.

This thread is giving me flashbacks to fatboys sex doll thread. A+ thread.
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,994

Post#100 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:01 pm

nykballa2k4 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:These dating sites are going to get me killed.

This thread is giving me flashbacks to fatboys sex doll thread. A+ thread.

It picked up today. We haven’t had a relationship thread in quite a while.
Free Palestine

Return to New York Knicks