ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Online dating?

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

The Lamma
Veteran
And1: 5,245

Re: OT: Online dating? 

Post#61 » by The Lamma » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:47 pm

knicks94 wrote:What I found out about online dating from personal experience:

1) It gives many women an advantage over men that they otherwise wouldn't have in the real world. Women who are 4's and 5's are treated as 9's and 10's on these platforms because there are twice as many men there looking for love as they are women.

2) A lot of women post outdated pics or photoshopped images of themselves, but when you meet them in person they look far from how they appear in these pics.

3) There are only a handful of decent women on dating platforms. The internet is saturated with women who are damaged goods and are competing with one another for the top 1 percent of men.

4) Watch out for catfishers: They are all over the internet, especially on platforms in which you don't have to pay a membership fee.If you begin to chat with someone who refuses to show themselves on camera or begins to ask you to send them money those are obvious red flags.

5) Never limit your options to online dating, unless you live in a secluded area in which there are no available women. Try and build your social skills with women in person in order to increase your chances of meeting the right one.

One thousand percent true. Almost every gal I met didn't look as good as her pictures (no one is going to put up their worst pic) and in some cases, unrecognizable. Surely this works both ways of course.

But yeah, back when I was living in Philly I had a date with this gal who had one picture up (that right there is no bueno). I walk into this TGIF and I see this totally unrecognizable woman frantically waving at me from a booth. Turns out her picture was from fcking fourteen years prior.

She looked Pat Benatar-ish in the picture, more like "It's Pat" in person that day. On top of which, she ultimately ended up thinking I was the asshle here for thinking that was false advertising.

And part of the big mistake here was making dinner plans. I had to now consume an entire meal flavored with awkwardness and pissed-offed-ness on both sides... my reward for which was paying the bill at the end. Yay.

Always make the meeting plan something quick, like coffee or a beer, so your exit strategy is built in. Just guzzle that sht and gtfo if it ain't clickin
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 10,085

Post#62 » by Stannis » Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:05 pm

Wingo, fvk online dating. Go to Thailand or Costa Rica. I know you talked about it before.
Free Palestine
Stannis
RealGM

Post#63 » by Stannis » Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:08 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
FrozenEnvelope wrote:Depends what site. This is tinder or seekingarrangents or match?

Match

They had no details about their background and just the one photo which was almost too perfect. They replied right away after I showed interest and immediately asked me is we could exchanged numbers to text instead.

Aren't you a lawyer? You should be able to see through this BS.
Free Palestine
knicks94
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,989

Post#64 » by knicks94 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:18 pm

The Lamma wrote:

1) It gives many women an advantage over men that they otherwise wouldn't have in the real world. Women who are 4's and 5's are treated as 9's and 10's on these platforms because there are twice as many men there looking for love as they are women.

2) A lot of women post outdated pics or photoshopped images of themselves, but when you meet them in person they look far from how they appear in these pics.

3) There are only a handful of decent women on dating platforms. The internet is saturated with women who are damaged goods and are competing with one another for the top 1 percent of men.

4) Watch out for catfishers: They are all over the internet, especially on platforms in which you don't have to pay a membership fee.If you begin to chat with someone who refuses to show themselves on camera or begins to ask you to send them money those are obvious red flags.

5) Never limit your options to online dating, unless you live in a secluded area in which there are no available women. Try and build your social skills with women in person in order to increase your chances of meeting the right one.

One thousand percent true. Almost every gal I met didn't look as good as her pictures (no one is going to put up their worst pic) and in some cases, unrecognizable. Surely this works both ways of course.

But yeah, back when I was living in Philly I had a date with this gal who had one picture up (that right there is no bueno). I walk into this TGIF and I see this totally unrecognizable woman frantically waving at me from a booth. Turns out her picture was from fcking fourteen years prior.

She looked Pat Benatar-ish in the picture, more like "It's Pat" in person that day. On top of which, she ultimately ended up thinking I was the asshle here for thinking that was false advertising.

And part of the big mistake here was making dinner plans. I had to now consume an entire meal flavored with awkwardness and pissed-offed-ness on both sides... my reward for which was paying the bill at the end. Yay.

Always make the meeting plan something quick, like coffee or a beer, so your exit strategy is built in. Just guzzle that sht and gtfo if it ain't clickin

Did this girl use one of those close up pics of herself because she was too insecure to reveal her actual size to guys that she was interested in? Many women on dating sites seem to do that and it is very annoying. I have no issue with a girl who is completely honest about the way that she looks, but I do not have respect for anyone who tries to hide their actual appearance in an attempt to increase their chances in the dating scene.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 37,246

Post#65 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:20 pm

knicks94 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
knicks94 wrote:
Well it is almost impossible to meet a single mother who doesn't come with baggage: Baby daddy issues and children who don't submit to step fathers.

When a woman dates a single father in many cases she’s not expected to be a nurterer or financially support another man's children while a man is expected to do those things plus be around her kids more than his own.

This is a generalization though. There are millions of blended families in this country alone that exist normally. Not everyone is "damaged goods" because their relationship with their children's parent didn't work out.

When i was younger i used to think that way, and I was flat out wrong. You'll learn that things aren't simply black and white when it comes to single parents. Sh*t happens man, people are complicated.

Now whether someone doesn't want to date a single parent is a personal choice. And that is 100% fine. But that doesn't automatically make single moms damaged people.

A post of mine that Mr.DollarBills disagrees with? I thought I'd never live to see the day.

What I mean by damaged goods is that the woman carries baggage from their previous relationships. It doesn't mean that just because she has a child or children that she is incapable of making a man happy or functioning in a family. But speaking from first hand knowledge there is a lot of crap that a man will have to tolerate in order to make a relationship with a single mom work in the long run.

Honestly?

We all have baggage from previous relationships. Those experiences shape who we are, male, female, whatever. I've dated a person who doesn't have any children and yet it didn't work out between us because she was so messed up from her past experiences that she just couldn't allow anyone to get past the wall that she put up around her feelings. I also dated a woman who had an 8 year old at the time but it didn't work because at that time in my life, I realized that wasn't what I wanted, which sucked because she was and is still a sweetheart of a person, but I couldn't lie to myself or her. Everyone's needs and wants are different.

Regarding dating a single parent, it's a lot to deal with, especially if you don't have children of your own. So that's why I say if it's not an ideal situation for someone, it's 10000% okay to admit that and know what you want from a partner. But I don't agree with calling women who have children from a previous relationship 'damaged goods'. They're human beings, not a piece of property or a thing. When I think of damaged goods I think of some Amazon driver delivering my order with the box crushed, not a woman with a kid. :lol: :-? Not every single mother is a mess or even wants a man to be a father to their children. There's levels to this stuff.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#66 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:27 pm

Stannis wrote:Wingo, fvk online dating. Go to Thailand or Costa Rica. I know you talked about it before.

I don't think Wingo is trying to pay for play :)

Not that there's anything wrong with that. So I've heard.

The Lamma
Veteran
And1: 5,245

Post#67 » by The Lamma » Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:30 pm

knicks94 wrote:
The Lamma wrote:

Did this girl use one of those close up pics of herself because she was too insecure to reveal her actual size to guys that she was interested in? Many women on dating sites seem to do that and it is very annoying. I have no issue with a girl who is completely honest about the way that she looks, but I do not have respect for anyone who tries to hide their actual appearance in an attempt to increase their chances in the dating scene.

Yes it was just a headshot. But I don't even remember if she was overweight, just that she didn't even look at all the same. Simultaneously, if all a woman shows is headshots, you can almost assume that she is on the heavy side. At least in my experience anyway.

It is peculiar, because ultimately everyone is going to find out in the end. I reckon they're thinking if they just get to the date maybe the dude won't care. Which has to be true some of the time. But yeah, why not be upfront about it? They're wasting a lot of their own time as well as yours this way

Important to note here a good % of the dudes are surely misrepresenting themselves as well, though possibly in a different way. Having more money than they do type sht and other lies. One common complaint I heard from the women was dudes lying about their height?! Insane to think they'd get away with that
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,157

Post#68 » by moocow007 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:35 pm

Jalen Bluntson wrote:Really? Wingo using dating sites? What's wrong with hookers?

Wingo's got class. I've posted pics of when he was young and dressed in his Sunday best.

All he needs nowadays is a couple days advanced warning, a big bottle of Hims, a couple aspirins to keep the blood vessels from clogging up and he's good to go...for 2, maybe even 3 hours.
Meat
Head Coach
And1: 4,612

Post#69 » by Meat » Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:36 pm

knicks94 wrote:
The Lamma wrote:

Whatever women are doing with their weight, men are doing with their height and hairlines
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#70 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:37 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:“Ciara” tried to catfish me. Fck that b.

Ciara is probably Carl from South Jersey trying to use you to fulfill his daddy kink :lol:

knicks94
Lead Assistant

Post#71 » by knicks94 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:44 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
knicks94 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
This is a generalization though. There are millions of blended families in this country alone that exist normally. Not everyone is "damaged goods" because their relationship with their children's parent didn't work out.

When i was younger i used to think that way, and I was flat out wrong. You'll learn that things aren't simply black and white when it comes to single parents. Sh*t happens man, people are complicated.

Now whether someone doesn't want to date a single parent is a personal choice. And that is 100% fine. But that doesn't automatically make single moms damaged people.

A post of mine that Mr.DollarBills disagrees with? I thought I'd never live to see the day.

What I mean by damaged goods is that the woman carries baggage from their previous relationships. It doesn't mean that just because she has a child or children that she is incapable of making a man happy or functioning in a family. But speaking from first hand knowledge there is a lot of crap that a man will have to tolerate in order to make a relationship with a single mom work in the long run.

Honestly?

We all have baggage from previous relationships. Those experiences shape who we are, male, female, whatever. I've dated a person who doesn't have any children and yet it didn't work out between us because she was so messed up from her past experiences that she just couldn't allow anyone to get past the wall that she put up around her feelings. I also dated a woman who had an 8 year old at the time but it didn't work because at that time in my life, I realized that wasn't what I wanted, which sucked because she was and is still a sweetheart of a person, but I couldn't lie to myself or her. Everyone's needs and wants are different.

Regarding dating a single parent, it's a lot to deal with, especially if you don't have children of your own. So that's why I say if it's not an ideal situation for someone, it's 10000% okay to admit that and know what you want from a partner. But I don't agree with calling women who have children from a previous relationship 'damaged goods'. They're human beings, not a piece of property or a thing. When I think of damaged goods I think of some Amazon driver delivering my order with the box crushed, not a woman with a kid. :lol: :-? Not every single mother is a mess or even wants a man to be a father to their children. There's levels to this stuff.

Yeah, but it is cool.

Now that I think about it,"damaged goods' is a term that can come across as harsh. I have aunts that are single mothers, but would never call them that to their faces.

I dated a number of females who didn't have children, but were immature and emotionally unstable. And I also dated a single mother who I got along great with, but since I had many issues of my own to deal with things didn't last.
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,390

Post#72 » by DOT » Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:54 pm

knicks94 wrote:Now that I think about it,"damaged goods' is a term that can come across as harsh. I have aunts that are single mothers, but would never call them that to their faces.

And if a stranger said that about them, how would that make you feel?
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
knicks94
Lead Assistant

Post#73 » by knicks94 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:02 pm

DOT wrote:
knicks94 wrote:Now that I think about it,"damaged goods' is a term that can come across as harsh. I have aunts that are single mothers, but would never call them that to their faces.

They are entitled to their opinion, even though I wouldn't agree with it.
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,390

Post#74 » by DOT » Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:07 pm

knicks94 wrote:
DOT wrote:

Good, so we're learning empathy

You should continue to use it.
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
FrozenEnvelope
Veteran
And1: 3,507

Post#75 » by FrozenEnvelope » Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:21 pm

knicks94 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
knicks94 wrote:

Honestly?

Yeah, but it is cool.

Now that I think about it,"damaged goods' is a term that can come across as harsh. I have aunts that are single mothers, but would never call them that to their faces.

I dated a number of females who didn't have children, but were immature and emotionally unstable. And I also dated a single mother who I got along great with, but since I had many issues of my own to deal with things didn't last.

As you get older you will need to kind of accept children as a packaged deal. Trying to meet a woman past 30 with no kids is difficult. Not impossible but difficult.
knicks94
Lead Assistant

Post#76 » by knicks94 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:21 pm

DOT wrote:
knicks94 wrote:
DOT wrote:And if a stranger said that about them, how would that make you feel?

You know absolutely nothing about my personal life to give me advice on anything.
Stannis
RealGM

Post#77 » by Stannis » Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:24 pm

Meat wrote:
knicks94 wrote:
The Lamma wrote:

Whatever women are doing with their weight, men are doing with their height and hairlines

And salaries :D
Free Palestine
FrozenEnvelope
Veteran
And1: 3,507

Post#78 » by FrozenEnvelope » Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:29 pm

knicks94 wrote:
DOT wrote:
knicks94 wrote:

You know absolutely nothing about my personal life to give me advice on anything.

He is most entitled troll on this board. Before he was this 13 year old grandiose basketball know it all who talked down to older fans because he can do some math and now he's a 19 year old life coach.

You're not important Dot.
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,778

Post#79 » by WaltFrazier » Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:33 pm

moocow007 wrote:
Jalen Bluntson wrote:Really? Wingo using dating sites? What's wrong with hookers?

Wingo's got class. I've posted pics of when he was young and dressed in his Sunday best.

All he needs nowadays is a couple days advanced warning, a big bottle of Hims, a couple aspirins to keep the blood vessels from clogging up and he's good to go...for 2, maybe even 3 hours.

There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
knicks94
Lead Assistant

Post#80 » by knicks94 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:34 pm

FrozenEnvelope wrote:
knicks94 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Honestly?

Yeah, but it is cool.

As you get older you will need to kind of accept children as a packaged deal. Trying to meet a woman past 30 with no kids is difficult. Not impossible but difficult.

It is a challenge to find a woman past 30 with no children unless, like someone earlier suggested here, you date women internationally. But then that also can require a lot of time and money.

Return to New York Knicks