ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA - Continued to bloodcl--

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,838

Re: Around the NBA - Continued to bloodcl-- 

Post#801 » by spree2kawhi » Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:36 am

aggo wrote:This is a microcosm of why I think thibs is probably the only coach in the league that can fix Luka.

Maybe mike Malone too
Read on Twitter

They are too dependent on Luka doing everything. Because they gave Luka the entire keys to the offense so early in his career he calls all the actions and plays. They do everything at his discretion

On a defensive rebound the Mavs are probably the only team in the league that consistently passes the ball backwards to Luka and completely killing their chance at transition or getting mismatches in secondary transition

Luka has the ball in his hands too much and while he is a gigantic plus on offense, his overall net impact isn’t as good as people think because he sucks the life out of everyone else on the court.

He needs more than just a coach who’s going to make him accountable for playing defense. He’s gonna need a coach that will take the keys away from him and bring better balance to the team.

Idc how good he is on offense, but u are stabbing yourself by never pushing the ball in transition and basically playing the entire game in half court sets

Doncic is one of the smartest and best educated players in the league. No one needs to fix him. Dallas sucks.
Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 37,547

Post#802 » by Chanel Bomber » Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:52 am

Guano wrote:Some terrible posters here called Dame washed

Read on Twitter

Oh hi melo and chanel

What have I done lol
Chanel Bomber
RealGM

Post#803 » by Chanel Bomber » Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:53 am

Capn'O wrote:
knicks94 wrote:Obi Toppin was supposed to be a star.

He's not big enough to do what he did in college in the NBA.

He has no position in the NBA. He's a back-up big.
knicks94
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,004

Post#804 » by knicks94 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:09 am

I didn't really follow the Knicks that much back in 2019, but I have always wanted to know what Scott Perry saw in Obi Toppin when drafting him? Wasn't Perry known as one of the best in recognizing talent? After all, he was one of the master minds behind turning the Kings franchise around after years of ineptitude.
Chanel Bomber
RealGM

Post#805 » by Chanel Bomber » Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:22 am

knicks94 wrote:I didn't really follow the Knicks that much back in 2019, but I have always wanted to know what Scott Perry saw in Obi Toppin when drafting him? Wasn't Perry known as one of the best in recognizing talent? After all, he was one of the master minds behind turning the Kings franchise around after years of ineptitude.

He's not. His draft record in the draft is quite underwhelming. His reputation is mostly based on being part of the FO that drafted KD #2 in 2007, who was the consensus, obvious pick at the time.

He did good drafting Mitch, for sure. And who knows how RJ will pan out - that whole draft has proven to be underwhelming. But if you look at all the picks made by the FOs he was a part of, it's mostly misery.

The Kings only made the playoffs once and that was after trading Haliburton for Sabonis. He wasn't responsible for acquiring either player as he was already working in NY.
NowWHYcee7
Bench Warmer
And1: 983

Post#806 » by NowWHYcee7 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:44 am

random comment here, but I am making a prediction that Brandon Miller will be a target for us and will eventually become a Knick
spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,838

Post#807 » by spree2kawhi » Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:49 am

NowWHYcee7 wrote:random comment here, but I am making a prediction that Brandon Miller will be a target for us and will eventually become a Knick

I cannot imagine Charlotte making him available. Given who they are, they’ll be forced to overpay him and he’ll take it.
NowWHYcee7
Bench Warmer
And1: 983

Post#808 » by NowWHYcee7 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:03 am

spree2kawhi wrote:
NowWHYcee7 wrote:random comment here, but I am making a prediction that Brandon Miller will be a target for us and will eventually become a Knick

I cannot imagine Charlotte making him available. Given who they are, they’ll be forced to overpay him and he’ll take it.

He seems to have a different mentality from most young players. Not saying he isn't concerned about money, but dude clearly wants to win. Remember that game earlier this year when he was upset at his teammates laughing and joking while we were blowing them out the building pause. He performs well against us too. I just have that feeling he's a prime target and we will be in his ear heavy.
gavran
RealGM
And1: 7,383

Post#809 » by gavran » Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:27 am

knicks94 wrote:I didn't really follow the Knicks that much back in 2019, but I have always wanted to know what Scott Perry saw in Obi Toppin when drafting him? Wasn't Perry known as one of the best in recognizing talent? After all, he was one of the master minds behind turning the Kings franchise around after years of ineptitude.

He was with the Kings for only 3 month in 2017.
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 127,613

Post#810 » by god shammgod » Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:06 pm

as much as i would like to sh*t on perry, obi toppin was clearly a leon rose pick
Montmorencie
Bench Warmer
And1: 844

Post#811 » by Montmorencie » Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:13 pm

spree2kawhi wrote:
aggo wrote:This is a microcosm of why I think thibs is probably the only coach in the league that can fix Luka.

Maybe mike Malone too
Read on Twitter

They are too dependent on Luka doing everything. Because they gave Luka the entire keys to the offense so early in his career he calls all the actions and plays. They do everything at his discretion

On a defensive rebound the Mavs are probably the only team in the league that consistently passes the ball backwards to Luka and completely killing their chance at transition or getting mismatches in secondary transition

Luka has the ball in his hands too much and while he is a gigantic plus on offense, his overall net impact isn’t as good as people think because he sucks the life out of everyone else on the court.

He needs more than just a coach who’s going to make him accountable for playing defense. He’s gonna need a coach that will take the keys away from him and bring better balance to the team.

Idc how good he is on offense, but u are stabbing yourself by never pushing the ball in transition and basically playing the entire game in half court sets

Doncic is one of the smartest and best educated players in the league. No one needs to fix him. Dallas sucks.

He needs some sort of fixing and let me give you Jokic for example. Nuggets players are always more involved than Mavericks. And I know they have a better squad but that's the last 2 years really. Even when he was playing with Facundo Campazzo, Garry Harris, Keneth Faried, Paul Milsap and Jeremy Grant they were much more involved than any Maverick ever - including Kyrie and Porzingis.
Davis18
Senior
And1: 726

Post#812 » by Davis18 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:13 pm

god shammgod wrote:as much as i would like to sh*t on perry, obi toppin was clearly a leon rose pick

Obi pick was for Rose family.
Nothing else.
Jeffrey
Head Coach
And1: 5,169

Post#813 » by Jeffrey » Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:09 pm

Pacers lose to the Bucks without their best player
Mavs lose to the Clippers without their best player

Opportunities arises and need to capitalize on stuff like this.
Jeffrey
Head Coach
And1: 5,169

Post#814 » by Jeffrey » Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:16 pm

Chanel Bomber wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
knicks94 wrote:Obi Toppin was supposed to be a star.

He's not big enough to do what he did in college in the NBA.

He has no position in the NBA. He's a back-up big.

In today's NBA, he should be a starter but he seriously lacks the defense and figuring out he can be impactful without the ball. If he isn't part of a featured offense he will just sit at the corner. He's not a great rebounder, below average post defender but has the athleticism to defend the perimeter

This year he is having a great year as a backup and maybe small doses of him that he can be a feature player on the 2nd unit is a good thing. I hope he understands that he can be a fantastic 6MOY candidate every year.

57% FG
40% 3PT
70% FT
10.3 PPG
21 MPG
aggo
RealGM
And1: 5,951

Post#815 » by aggo » Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:27 pm

spree2kawhi wrote:

Maybe mike Malone too
Read on Twitter

hes so smartest, educated, his team is always so bad

that trae young has a better postseason resume than he does.
NY2k1
Starter
And1: 833

Post#816 » by NY2k1 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:36 pm

aggo wrote:
spree2kawhi wrote:

Maybe mike Malone too
Read on Twitter

hes so smartest, educated, his team is always so bad

that trae young has a better postseason resume than he does.

My guy, Dallas would be in the lottery if not for Doncic, lol. In general, Dallas has both him and Kyrie and still suck. It's not them, it's their FO.
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 41,548

Post#817 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:38 pm

Tom won the NBA players poll "which coach would you least want to play for" by a landslide again
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 25,079

Post#818 » by Jeff Van Gully » Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:40 pm

Davis18 wrote:
god shammgod wrote:as much as i would like to sh*t on perry, obi toppin was clearly a leon rose pick

Obi pick was for Rose family.
Nothing else.

i legit don't think they expected obi to fall that far and felt like he was a value pick. i also recall that being an offseason of exploring randle trades. i was team hali but understood the pick given the monster obi was in college.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 25,079

Post#819 » by Jeff Van Gully » Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:41 pm

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:Tom won the NBA players poll "which coach would you least want to play for" by a landslide again

we want the ones who want the smoke
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Richard4444
General Manager
And1: 5,990

Post#820 » by Richard4444 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:50 pm

stuporman wrote:Pacers learning that not playing defense all season long won't work in the playoffs because they can't flip it on like a switch when they haven't tried during the season but the other teams who try to play it during the season can ramp it up.

They lost to the Bucks mainly because they were 8-38 on 3s.
BAF Brooklyn - Pre-Season NBA 2K Simulation 2023 Champions.

Brunson/Nembhard/Micic
Butler/IQ/Ben Sheppard
Strus/Watford/Nesmith
Boucher/Morris/Baldwin Jr
Embiid/Landale/Yurtseven

Return to New York Knicks