ImageImageImageImageImage

Game Thread: New York Knicks (2nd seed) vs. Philadelphia 76ers (7th seed) Saturday, April 20th 6 p.m.

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

TKKnicks1
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,847

Re: Game Thread: New York Knicks (2nd seed) vs. Philadelphia 76ers (7th seed) Saturday, April 20th 6 p.m. 

Post#381 » by TKKnicks1 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:55 pm

People that are saying Sixers got this havent been watching the Knicks this season. This team is different. Mentality is different. Chemistry is different. Even the defense is different. Barring any injuries to our key players, Knicks in 5.
~I Believe!~
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,404
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Re: Game Thread: New York Knicks (2nd seed) vs. Philadelphia 76ers (7th seed) Saturday, April 20th 6 p.m. 

Post#382 » by BKlutch » Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:12 am

Kampuchea wrote:
ccvle wrote:
Kampuchea wrote:
I have Sling, it has both ESPN and tnt. I think it’s $40 monthly

Would there be any blackout issues for someone like me living in NYC ?

I don’t think so. But I think the games are on MSG also, or at least most of them. MSG+ may work.

Also you could add the channel iWebTV to your smart tv, add the iWebTV app to your phone and go to streameast website and cast from your phone to TV. Hope the stream doesn’t suck if you do that.

I've found that MSG and ESPN will have all the 1st round games except for Sunday, 4/28, which seems to be only on ABC TV.
I'm not certain who will carry any possible 2nd round games.
See here for listings: https://www.nba.com/knicks/schedule

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,404
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#383 » by BKlutch » Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:13 am

BKlutch wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
ccvle wrote:Question - I don't have cable. Is there any one solution streaming option that I can sign up that will let me to watch all knicks playoffs game? I live in NYC.

If you're actually going to pay and live in NY the only way is MSG+ but it's $29.99 a month, or $9.99 per game.

If you don't want to pay, streameast but the games lag behind broadcast.

MSG+ isn't going to have the playoff games. Also, DirecTV Stream includes all MSG channels, so you can see the games on TNT, ESPN, and in-season games on MSG. But it ain't cheap.

GO NEW YORK GO NEW YORK GO NEW YORK GO

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,964

Post#384 » by 3toheadmelo » Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:29 am

god shammgod wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:Sham was shouting free g dep for the longest
I know he’s happy his guy is finally out

walking into the precinct and saying "i know you weren't looking for me but yep i did it" is just about the craziest thing anyone has ever done. but that 1st album is underrated as hell.

I remember reading the guilt was killing him inside that why he confessed
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,910

Post#385 » by nykballa2k4 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:54 am

Kampuchea wrote:[x]
Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=ZScbCOS-e1RwvSq7ABkKLQ[/x]

[x]
Read on Twitter

[x]
Read on Twitter

a) Paul Reed is right. Celtics are a death sentence as long as they are at full strength.
b) Green is a hack in all the ways
c) I am happy with the Sixers because they are the softer team.

We might sweep them.
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
drekwins
Head Coach
And1: 4,567

Post#386 » by drekwins » Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:02 am

Healthy Embiid vs. Knicks

Read on Twitter
aggo
RealGM
And1: 5,922

Post#387 » by aggo » Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:24 am

drekwins wrote:Healthy Embiid vs. Knicks

Read on Twitter

those strips and turnovers remind me of randle getting doubled.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,120

Post#388 » by GONYK » Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:36 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:I just came back from a little visit to the Sixers' forum. Seems like the game plan is to (1) double Brunson as much as possible, and (2) employ a Twin Towers with Embiid and Bamba to keep us from attacking the rim.
That's a phenomenal strategy to get absolutely shredded by the Knicks
ezmoney707
General Manager
And1: 2,778

Post#389 » by ezmoney707 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:58 am

aggo wrote:Nick Nurse has used box and one in the playoffs before against golden state.

wouldn't be surprised at all to see it again

IHart is gonna be the X-factor in this series if and when they decide to load up on Brunson in a deny type defense.

Those short roll into his floater will be open all series and using him more as a initiator and let Brunson play off him from the high post will open the floor for everyone no matter what zone they throw at us.
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,426

Post#390 » by KnicksGadfly » Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:00 am

GONYK wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:I just came back from a little visit to the Sixers' forum. Seems like the game plan is to (1) double Brunson as much as possible, and (2) employ a Twin Towers with Embiid and Bamba to keep us from attacking the rim.

**** they found us out. I hope Nick Nurse doesn't read realgm.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 25,056

Post#391 » by Jeff Van Gully » Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:11 am

3toheadmelo wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:Sham was shouting free g dep for the longest
I know he’s happy his guy is finally out

walking into the precinct and saying "i know you weren't looking for me but yep i did it" is just about the craziest thing anyone has ever done. but that 1st album is underrated as hell.

I remember reading the guilt was killing him inside that why he confessed

he tried to confess once prior but the cops cut him loose because they suspected he was high. dude came back another time sober. some ****.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#392 » by Jeff Van Gully » Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:17 am

KnicksGadfly wrote:
GONYK wrote:

**** they found us out. I hope Nick Nurse doesn't read realgm.

they would get lit up like 2017 golden state was out there. bomb squad cover.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,058

Post#393 » by Sixerscan » Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:26 am

Bamba twin towers is not happening lol, hopefully he doesn’t play at all.

GL don’t really feel bad blood though I’m sure a few trolls will poison the well as always
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#394 » by Jeff Van Gully » Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:29 am

Sixerscan wrote:Bamba twin towers is not happening lol, hopefully he doesn’t play at all.

GL don’t really feel bad blood though I’m sure a few trolls will poison the well as always

should be fun. GL.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,959

Post#395 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:43 am

Sixerscan wrote:Bamba twin towers is not happening lol, hopefully he doesn’t play at all.

Surprise move of the series: Bamba on Brunson. :lol:
Free Palestine
aggo
RealGM
And1: 5,922

Post#396 » by aggo » Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:24 am

a part of me thinks we should play Precious more than Mitch.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,633

Post#397 » by Clyde_Style » Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:24 am

Jalen Bluntson wrote:Bunch of scaredy cats around here. Scared of Miami. Scared of Philly. Scared of Boston. They are all scared of us. No matter what they say. Let's get it on!! I cannot wait for this game!

It's unreal isn't it?

We fought our way to 2nd seed without 3 starters and we're supposed to fear the 7th seed now that two of our players are back?

Hysterical
ImageImageImage
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,807

Post#398 » by WaltFrazier » Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:29 am

drekwins wrote:Healthy Embiid vs. Knicks

Read on Twitter

Last play on the video Brunson picks his pocket just like Butler did the other night first half
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#399 » by Clyde_Style » Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:34 am

god shammgod wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

i really don't know. is he gonna get healthy as time goes on or is his knee gonna start acting up and he'll get worn down as time goes on.

i don't really worry about any other team in the conference besides boston and the sixers (unless the heat get jimmy back healthy at some point but i expect the bulls to win tonight) i would consider it a bad loss if this team couldn't beat indy in a best of 7. so no, they don't worry me more.

I mean you said you think it was more conditioning that the knee so wouldn't that suggest you want him before he gets a bunch of playoff games into him?

Most people say post surgery you don't get worse unless you re-injure it. So he could play himself into a better rhythm as the series and playoffs go so I don't mind trying to knock them out earlier.

Also don't mind Indy who has had MIL # with no Giannis to take them out so we get them in Round 2.

By no means with Phili be an easy series. I am confident in our team that we still should be able to win against them. I expect us to have a huge advantage on the boards...kind of like how we did vs CLE. We have two active bigs...and I expect a big series from Josh Hart.

that's how it looked to me but i can't be sure what's what. like i said, he might get better or maybe the knee starts acting up. i have no way of knowing.

look, if the idea is you think the knicks could win it all this year then it doesn't matter much when we play philly. i can't help but feel like we got screwed as the 2 seed though.

the celtics are getting the bulls or the heat without jimmy

indy is getting the bucks without giannis and with a dame, who someone in his camp is leaking right before the playoffs, doesn't really want to be there

orlando gets the soft ass cavs and a slightly gimpy donovan. and the cavs get the young ass magic who can't shoot from the outside at all.

and we get the guy who was gonna be mvp again if he played enough games. the basketball gods aint sh*t lol

You simply do not believe team character and chemistry has any value at all, do you?

The narrative is always about the single superstar who will triumph over us all. And because in your estimation Embiid is a greater force than our legit superstar in Brunson we're likely to lose.

Pessimism at your level is not realism, it's just comforting to you.

I'm not sure you even know how to enjoy this
ImageImageImage
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#400 » by Clyde_Style » Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:42 am

Fury wrote:
Guano wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote: :lol:

This honestly isn't even funny. It sucks. We're replicating some AI with Larry brown sht here.

We need Brunson on gawd mode every game.

I'm going to be stressed tf out every game. And we're too old for that sht.

Brunson is way better than Melo so we should be fine

Brunson reads the temperature of the room and acts accordingly. Melo just did Melo regardless of the circumstances.
ImageImageImage

Return to New York Knicks