ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Knicks Win Game One Even Without Nova Mob Juice

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

8516knicks
Head Coach
And1: 4,942

Re: PG: Knicks Win Game One Even Without Nova Mob Juice 

Post#561 » by 8516knicks » Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:19 pm

El Poochio wrote:I was reading the comments here about how Josh Hart sucks then I opened the game and he was hitting big shot after big shot LOL

You could almost call this Knick team the All-Neglected team. No high draft picks (Randle #6 or so?) and YET here we are at 50 Wins and a shot at the ECF or beyond for YEARS. :nod: :nod: :nod:
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,334

Post#562 » by Jalen Bluntson » Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:24 pm

robillionaire wrote:
moocow007 wrote:
robillionaire wrote:For us to win this game with Brunson playing as horrifically as he did is really something. But we can’t afford for him to do it again either

Big games by Hart, Mitch, Deuce, and Bojan

And thibs

It was clear what the Sixers defensive game plan was (not that it was hard to guess). Stop Brunson and let someone else beat you. Why having a second top tier shot creator is so important come playoff time.

Good thing that the Knicks other players were able to step up but the likelihood that McBride for example can sustain this is not good.

So hopefully Brunson and Thibs figure this out (I don’t see the Sixers defensive game plan changing).

Nothing much to figure out, guys gotta keep stepping up and making shots. Maybe McBride doesn’t sustain that performance but maybe Donte can shoot better next time, maybe OG has a better game, maybe iHart gets a couple floaters to go, the other guys will have to keep stepping up. And then Brunson himself can’t do much worse

We are more than just Brunson 40 burgers! Deuce is a good shooter. Bogs is a good shooter. DDV can go Dontes Inferno on any given night. OG can be money from the corners and get his other ways. Hart attacks attacks attacks and has apparently been working on his three ball for this matchup. iHart can get his floater working. Mitch is Mitch.

I seriously doubt we see too many nights where everyone is off. We have bullets in the chamber and the defense/rebounding support it all. Very high IQ team as well. We are watching something special right now. Having Randle 100% would be insane!!
:beer: RIP mags
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,334

Post#563 » by Jalen Bluntson » Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:27 pm

8516knicks wrote:
El Poochio wrote:I was reading the comments here about how Josh Hart sucks then I opened the game and he was hitting big shot after big shot LOL

You could almost call this Knick team the All-Neglected team. No high draft picks (Randle #6 or so?) and YET here we are at 50 Wins and a shot at the ECF or beyond for YEARS. :nod: :nod: :nod:

I think Randle was 7th pick. Don't quote me on that though. Truly a fun team to root for. Dogs everywhere you look.
:beer: RIP mags
PeteW
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,584

Post#564 » by PeteW » Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:39 pm

stuporman wrote:This match up has to be one of the most minimizing of OG's impact that there is. Maxey is one of the few players that OG has trouble with so he can't really do his thing with ball pressure and the Knicks don't really want him on Embiid all the time either, that messes up other match ups on the floor.

The Sixers don't have that dynamic high scoring wing which he would he take away so he's spending most of his time guarding Harris, Oubre and Batum who aren't main offensive cogs for them so OG's value is often left to being a helper, which he is elite at so he impacts as he can.

Luckily for the Knicks they have one of the few guys in the league who can disrupt Embiid in Mitch so as long as he stays disciplined and not foul it will make his life tough. Also, I want to see Deuce mirroring Maxey's mins as much as possible, he's the best the Knicks have against him.

Yeah thats why I kind of wanted Miami before so we could stick OG on Butler. Deuce seems to be the perfect guy to guard Maxey. Same size, height, and Deuce has the speed to keep up with him.
8516knicks
Head Coach

Post#565 » by 8516knicks » Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:46 pm

Jalen Bluntson wrote:
robillionaire wrote:
moocow007 wrote:
It was clear what the Sixers defensive game plan was (not that it was hard to guess). Stop Brunson and let someone else beat you. Why having a second top tier shot creator is so important come playoff time.

Good thing that the Knicks other players were able to step up but the likelihood that McBride for example can sustain this is not good.

So hopefully Brunson and Thibs figure this out (I don’t see the Sixers defensive game plan changing).

Nothing much to figure out, guys gotta keep stepping up and making shots. Maybe McBride doesn’t sustain that performance but maybe Donte can shoot better next time, maybe OG has a better game, maybe iHart gets a couple floaters to go, the other guys will have to keep stepping up. And theKnin Brunson himself can’t do much worse

We are more than just Brunson 40 burgers! Deuce is a good shooter. Bogs is a good shooter. DDV can go Dontes Inferno on any given night. OG can be money from the corners and get his other ways. Hart attacks attacks attacks and has apparently been working on his three ball for this matchup. iHart can get his floater working. Mitch is Mitch.

I seriously doubt we see too many nights where everyone is off. We have bullets in the chamber and the defense/rebounding support it all. Very high IQ team as well. We are watching something special right now. Having Randle 100% would be insane!!

Knicks have never had so many quality players since Phil was 9th man or whatever he was. :lol:
cgmw
RealGM
And1: 9,692

Post#566 » by cgmw » Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:46 pm

Gotta take a minute to acknowledge the brilliance of Leon and Thibs re: Deuce McBride.

To have a 2RP come in and effectively win Playoff Game 1 is a massive triumph as an organization. Especially considering Deuce’s recent contract and the Grimes trade opening opportunity. Masterful execution by the FO and uncharacteristically superb player development by the coach. Bravo.
"Sell the team. Sell the team. Sell the team."
8516knicks
Head Coach

Post#567 » by 8516knicks » Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:48 pm

El Poochio wrote:Sixers are toast, Embiid doesnt look healthy at all. Wonder how those seed tankers feel now who are gonna face Celtics instead

Would it be fair to call Leon the "anti-Hinkle" ???
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,910

Post#568 » by nykballa2k4 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:51 pm

robillionaire wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:
ag3 wrote:Embiid won’t make it through the series. In fact, he might not even play game 2. Let’s see.

IDK what the extent of his injury is, but they can't lose games 3 and 4, so sitting him game 2 is an interesting way to lay out a trap.

The Heat beat us in game 1 and then rested Butler in game 2 so they could knock us out in games 3 and 4. We won game 1 so it puts more pressure on them to play him in game 2 and get that split. If we lost game 1 they might have rested him

It's a bit different though. If Embiid is bad off for game 2, therefore compromised AND greater risk of re-injury then IMO best scenario is to bench him game 2, and use 3, 4 to even the series. If the risk of re-injury is unchanged whether he plays Monday or not, then you roll him out there until the wheels fall off.

The side-advantage to sitting him is that the bench players who typically don't show up on the road may take in that rally-cry and Knicks might not play with the same focus/intensity. It's almost better for us if Embiid plays because we match up well enough with him, he is compromised as is, and we have a set game plan. If Embiid playing is better for us, then logically, sitting him might be paradoxically better for them.
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,945

Post#569 » by KnicksGod » Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:12 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:It seemed like yips for JB, they also defended him well, and he may be gassed or all the above

They def had a good defensive plan. Nurse dusted off his game plan for defending Curry in the finals. They mixed it up with some box-and-one, zones, man, traps…constant pressure on Brunson. I can’t recall his jumper getting blocked that many times. Brunson did seem to force things a little too much at times. He will settle down and have better games,

Good news is we saw it and still pulled out the win.

There is gonna be a lot of chances for Hart and others to make plays and shots.

Hart does well with the ball — gets him out of his head and into a flow. Saves Jalen. Go with that maybe.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,945

Post#570 » by KnicksGod » Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:16 pm

One thing I’d say is that Grimes was the better defender over Deuce but he just couldn’t fit in or get confidence in his shot. He’s a mystery.
Guano
RealGM
And1: 41,163

Post#571 » by Guano » Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:31 pm

:lol:
Read on Twitter
Chanel Bomber wrote:This board really is full of bad people.
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,310

Post#572 » by stuporman » Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:36 pm

Jalen Bluntson wrote:
stuporman wrote:This match up has to be one of the most minimizing of OG's impact that there is. Maxey is one of the few players that OG has trouble with so he can't really do his thing with ball pressure and the Knicks don't really want him on Embiid all the time either, that messes up other match ups on the floor.

The Sixers don't have that dynamic high scoring wing which he would he take away so he's spending most of his time guarding Harris, Oubre and Batum who aren't main offensive cogs for them so OG's value is often left to being a helper, which he is elite at so he impacts as he can.

Luckily for the Knicks they have one of the few guys in the league who can disrupt Embiid in Mitch so as long as he stays disciplined and not foul it will make his life tough. Also, I want to see Deuce mirroring Maxey's mins as much as possible, he's the best the Knicks have against him.

It really is a good problem to have. Just unleash Deuce/Mitch on Maxey/Embiid and let OG/Hart keep the other scrubs from going SOTN. Let DDV/iHart cook with the bench unit more. Seems like the best plan defensively.

Deuce's emergence as a legitimate offensive threat, a 3 level scorer, is so crucial for the Knicks because if he was just a defensive stopper with no to little offensive impact his mins on the floor still might be a net negative. He may not be able to run an offense that well yet but he's providing offensive energy that is important if he's going to be in the playoff rotation.

I also don't think Thibs should be meddling with the starting line ups as so many are knee jerk reacting with. Let the players stay comfortable in their roles but adjust the floor time to account for the preferred match ups. For one, Mitch is still getting himself into game shape so no need to expose him to extended mins or foul trouble and I like Deuce's change of pace and energy off the bench.
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 62,006

Post#573 » by F N 11 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:43 pm

BKlutch wrote:
Jalen Bluntson wrote:
Capn'O wrote:Not seeing it posted but here it is again.

Read on Twitter

****. Yes. Name a better Knicks play this CENTURY :o

This was a big moment too. Embiid cannot handle Mitch. Not on one leg. You could see him hesitate and pass off or settle for a weak jumper time and again. Mitch kinda owns this dude. For real!! This isn't the first rodeo. Mitch slander will not be taken seriously ever again.

Clyde: "Embiid shaking but NO baking!"

Gus was legit, he deserve to be here for the winning teams.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,310

Post#574 » by stuporman » Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:04 pm

Oh, and this match up is better for Mitch but if the Knicks get the Pacers in the second round and iHart is getting the bulk of the mins again because that match up favors him more than it does Mitch. I don't wanna see you prisoners of the moment start saying Mitch needs to go, trade him.

I'm not seeing anyone saying the Knicks don't need iHart and not resign him just because Mitch showed out again. So take a chance to just appreciate that the Knicks have 2 starter quality centers that offer different match up advantages, let them be best of friends and celebrate we have both.

Resign iHart and keep Mitch, the only way you trade Mitch is if it's a clear superstar upgrade deal that doesn't weaken the team in other areas too much. He's not a throw in or salary matcher, he's an impact playoff performer that you don't want to toss away frivolously, even with his injury history.

Mitch and Zay are here to stay...and you will like it.
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 37,556

Post#575 » by Chanel Bomber » Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:15 pm

Read on Twitter

I remember watching it and thinking this is iconic.

So happy for Big Meech
Chanel Bomber
RealGM

Post#576 » by Chanel Bomber » Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:16 pm

F N 11 wrote:
BKlutch wrote:
Jalen Bluntson wrote:
This was a big moment too. Embiid cannot handle Mitch. Not on one leg. You could see him hesitate and pass off or settle for a weak jumper time and again. Mitch kinda owns this dude. For real!! This isn't the first rodeo. Mitch slander will not be taken seriously ever again.

Clyde: "Embiid shaking but NO baking!"

Gus was legit, he deserve to be here for the winning teams.

Gus was a legend for us in the late 2000s. One of the greats for me.
aggo
RealGM
And1: 6,025

Post#577 » by aggo » Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:16 pm

stuporman wrote:Oh, and this match up is better for Mitch but if the Knicks get the Pacers in the second round and iHart is getting the bulk of the mins again because that match up favors him more than it does Mitch. I don't wanna see you prisoners of the moment start saying Mitch needs to go, trade him.

I'm not seeing anyone saying the Knicks don't need iHart and not resign him just because Mitch showed out again. So take a moment to just appreciate that the Knicks have 2 starter quality centers that offer different match up advantages so let them be best of friends and celebrate we have both.

Resign iHart and keep Mitch, the only way you trade Mitch is if it's a clear superstar upgrade deal that doesn't weaken the team in other areas too much. He's not a throw in or salary matcher, he's an impact playoff performer that you don't want to toss away frivolously, even with his injury history.

Mitch and Zay are here to stay...and you will like it.

I would happily trade mitch for a young wing on a rookie contract during the summer.

idk who that player is, but I'd like the idea of making a bet on growing the next Jalen Johnson or Jalen Williams.
Im Coming Home
RealGM
And1: 17,505

Post#578 » by Im Coming Home » Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:25 pm

Chanel Bomber wrote:

Read on Twitter

So happy for Big Meech

The TV didn't fully capture it but it was probably the loudest the building got all night, and everyone gave Mitch a standing ovation too. I was curious if it came off on the TV when I got home but It didn't fully do it justice. Everyone was so happy with Mitch and his effort at that time.
RGM Knicks BAF- Houston Rockets

PG: Cunningham | Suggs |
SG: Au Thompson | Rupert |
SF: Griffin | Reddish
PF: Avdija | Prince| Bertans
C: Lively II | Smith
Chanel Bomber
RealGM

Post#579 » by Chanel Bomber » Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:32 pm

Im Coming Home wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:

Read on Twitter

So happy for Big Meech

The TV didn't fully capture it but it was probably the loudest the building got all night, and everyone gave Mitch a standing ovation too. I was curious if it came off on the TV when I got home but It didn't fully do it justice. Everyone was so happy with Mitch and his effort at that time.

That's nice to hear. It's well deserved.

Mitch always seemed to be in the backseat of the fans' hearts compared to our first-round picks. He was always in the shadow, it seemed like.

This is not a commentary on the other players, my point is I'm glad Mitch is receiving the love he deserves. I really appreciate what he does for our team.
aggo
RealGM
And1: 6,025

Post#580 » by aggo » Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:55 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:It seemed like yips for JB, they also defended him well, and he may be gassed or all the above

They def had a good defensive plan. Nurse dusted off his game plan for defending Curry in the finals. They mixed it up with some box-and-one, zones, man, traps…constant pressure on Brunson. I can’t recall his jumper getting blocked that many times. Brunson did seem to force things a little too much at times. He will settle down and have better games,

Good news is we saw it and still pulled out the win.

There is gonna be a lot of chances for Hart and others to make plays and shots.

I thought it was very weird to see all the comments about brunson needing to slow down.

I think the opposite needs to happen. all his blocks came when he slow walked into the paint and they had that bracket coverage where they kept the initial defender on his back and showed multiple bodies in front.

he needs to play faster and take the first option he sees.

that and more iso so he can see the help defense in front of him vs the bracket defense they were playing where they kept the initial defender on his back

Return to New York Knicks