ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Knicks Win Game One Even Without Nova Mob Juice

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,404
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Re: PG: Knicks Win Game One Even Without Nova Mob Juice 

Post#521 » by BKlutch » Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:57 pm

Jalen Bluntson wrote:
Capn'O wrote:Not seeing it posted but here it is again.

Read on Twitter

****. Yes. Name a better Knicks play this CENTURY :o

This was a big moment too. Embiid cannot handle Mitch. Not on one leg. You could see him hesitate and pass off or settle for a weak jumper time and again. Mitch kinda owns this dude. For real!! This isn't the first rodeo. Mitch slander will not be taken seriously ever again.

Clyde: "Embiid shaking but NO baking!"

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,338

Post#522 » by Jalen Bluntson » Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:58 pm

stuporman wrote:This match up has to be one of the most minimizing of OG's impact that there is. Maxey is one of the few players that OG has trouble with so he can't really do his thing with ball pressure and the Knicks don't really want him on Embiid all the time either, that messes up other match ups on the floor.

The Sixers don't have that dynamic high scoring wing which he would he take away so he's spending most of his time guarding Harris, Oubre and Batum who aren't main offensive cogs for them so OG's value is often left to being a helper, which he is elite at so he impacts as he can.

Luckily for the Knicks they have one of the few guys in the league who can disrupt Embiid in Mitch so as long as he stays disciplined and not foul it will make his life tough. Also, I want to see Deuce mirroring Maxey's mins as much as possible, he's the best the Knicks have against him.

It really is a good problem to have. Just unleash Deuce/Mitch on Maxey/Embiid and let OG/Hart keep the other scrubs from going SOTN. Let DDV/iHart cook with the bench unit more. Seems like the best plan defensively.
:beer: RIP mags
Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 37,556

Post#523 » by Chanel Bomber » Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:58 pm

OG had a quiet game but he did the work and I don't recall him making any mistake in his 30 minutes. Clean game.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 92,022

Post#524 » by Capn'O » Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:00 pm

Chanel Bomber wrote:OG had a quiet game but he did the work and I don't recall him making any mistake in his 30 minutes. Clean game.

He tried a couple isos to nowhere but it's allowed.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 37,556

Post#525 » by Chanel Bomber » Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:09 pm

Capn'O wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:OG had a quiet game but he did the work and I don't recall him making any mistake in his 30 minutes. Clean game.

Ah yes I remember one that was a bit wild but I remember thinking "alright you earned that one it's ok" :lol:
aggo
RealGM
And1: 6,028

Post#526 » by aggo » Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:09 pm

notice who he mentions in a lot of these clips

this is why team defense is more important than individual defense.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#527 » by Jalen Bluntson » Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:11 pm

Capn'O wrote:
Jalen Bluntson wrote:

Read on Twitter

This was a big moment too. Embiid cannot handle Mitch. Not on one leg. You could see him hesitate and pass off or settle for a weak jumper time and again. Mitch kinda owns this dude. For real!! This isn't the first rodeo. Mitch slander will not be taken seriously ever again.

It will not.

We need him against the big teams. If we end up playing indy or, God willing, Boston iHart will be more important. Then I don't know what you do against Jokic.

With all my bytching about Thibs, this roster is built for him. I hate his game seven rotations all year long and he is weak in certain areas offensively but, this is insane defense to watch.

Mitch is integral to a lot of what we do on offense as well. The rebounding is elite. I never understood the hate.
aggo
RealGM
And1: 6,028

Post#528 » by aggo » Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:14 pm

I do not think Nurse will deviate from this

Read on Twitter
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 120,060

Post#529 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:15 pm

Read on Twitter
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 37,410

Post#530 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:19 pm

Read on Twitter

Stuff like this is what playoff basketball should be. Who wants it more?

Good hoops :nod:
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#531 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:27 pm

aggo wrote:notice who he mentions in a lot of these clips

this is why team defense is more important than individual defense.

Absolutely 100%. You can mask a lot of individual weaknesses with a good team defensive scheme but you have to have the personnel that can run it. Situational awareness from your players is everything and that's what this team's core strength is. Guys know where to be at all times and don't fall asleep defensively.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#532 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:31 pm

Capn'O wrote:

Gotta give OG like one or two of those a game just to keep him happy, he works so hard otherwise it would be mean not to :lol:

But honestly if he wants to put the ball on the floor more he needs to add a new move or two. He needs to use his pull up jumper a lot more

Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 92,022

Post#533 » by Capn'O » Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:33 pm

aggo wrote:I do not think Nurse will deviate from this

Read on Twitter

If he doesn't we're going to continue to feast on offensive boards. That piece of our counter is by design.

He stopped sending Embiid because we were MURDERING them in the glass in Q2. It didn't matter because leaving Hart free is asking for that result as well.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 120,060

Post#534 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:40 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Capn'O wrote:

Gotta give OG like one or two of those a game just to keep him happy, he works so hard otherwise it would be mean not to :lol:

But honestly if he wants to put the ball on the floor more he needs to add a new move or two. He needs to use his pull up jumper a lot more

right before he got hurt in january he started being much more aggressive and was looking like a 18-20 PPG scorer. he has it in him. ever since he came back from his injury he went to back to being an opportunistic player. would love to see him get back to how he was playing
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#535 » by Jalen Bluntson » Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:40 pm

Capn'O wrote:

Read on Twitter

If he doesn't we're going to continue to feast on offensive boards. That piece of our counter is by design.

He stopped sending Embiid because we were MURDERING them in the glass in Q2. It didn't matter because leaving Hart free is asking for that result as well.

We have counters to just about anything they throw at us. Oubre was disrupting Brunson though. I think the rebounding and our defense on Maxey/Embiid is the key to winning. As long as we don't shyt the bed shooting we should be fine. Unleash the Deuce!!
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#536 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:41 pm

Capn'O wrote:

Read on Twitter

Pick yer poison, either their guards get cooked by Brunson or they give up back breaking offensive boards and extra possessions

This results in their defense being unable to get set. 23 offensive rebounds is insane.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#537 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:44 pm

Also, if Embiid is going to keep catching the ball outside of the paint to shoot contested long twos and threes, by all means let him.

nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,713

Post#538 » by nedleeds » Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:47 pm

I actually think we'll get a big time snapback Embiid flop game and the refs will just bury us. ESPN loves a good Knick fan outrage topic. I think Jo-El Embleed will shoot at least 18 free throws in game 2.
Zenzibar wrote:Nevertheless, Payton is not a finished product yet and unless the team moves him in a couple of weeks, I anticipate him trending upward with this coaching staff.
KnixtapeH20
RealGM
And1: 15,430

Post#539 » by KnixtapeH20 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:48 pm

Context wrote:
Read on Twitter

This is why Josh is cut different.... and why he's a fan favorite even if he's been frustrating in the past, he always lives for these big moments and rises to the occasion. It's great to see especially after last years playoffs. Lord knows we need him to step up and he's answering the call :rockon:
JayTWill
Junior
And1: 134

Post#540 » by JayTWill » Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:59 pm

mpharris36 wrote:question to people who weren't confident we would win this series unless Embiid was compromised. Did yesterdays game make you feel better or worse?

This isn't trolling serious discussion here. Are you worried the Sixers have a good plan to frustrate brunson. Are you happy we scored 111 pts with Brunson having his worst games of the season?

Do you feel fortunate to win because Maxey played so well and Brunson played so poorly. Or do you feel that is a positive going forward?

I'm a little concerned Sixers have a pretty decent plan to frustrate Brunson by putting length on him and then just have that player trail and they seemed to know when he wants to shoot that floater and timed it perfectly a few times. On the other hand I think Brunson just made poor decisions and that should turn around. However if they are going to leave our other shooters open its nice to have our guys knock down open 3's.

Ultimately I feel it was a positive that we got a lot of contributions and still won with Brunson playing so poorly, thoughts?

Coming into the series I was fairly confident that the Knicks would win this series rather easily. The Sixers have 2 great players in Embiid and Maxey but I thought the Knicks had the better overall team by far but I had forgotten how much trouble Brunson had against them this year.

I know many people in the fan base hate when some people in the media are unsure of Brunson's ability to lead a team because of his size but length does give him trouble at times. Oubre is not the defender OG is but he does have a similar freakish wingspan. Brunson does not have the quickness advantage like Maxey does to easily separate from his defender and he doesn't have a big like Joel to open up the floor.

Brunson is a smart and resilient player so I expect him to adjust and play better but I would not be shocked if he had multiple poor shooting performances in this series. He may have to force the issue less while other guys step up and make shots. Yesterday it was McBride, Bogey in the first half and Hart in the fourth quarter. Other guys are going to have to continue to make shots.

I still expect the Knicks to win the series especially with their rebounding advantage. There will be many missed shots in this series. This is the same team that we had that ugly 79-73 loss to. Continuing to dominate the boards is imperative.

Return to New York Knicks