ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Knicks Win Game One Even Without Nova Mob Juice

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Garbagelo
Veteran
And1: 3,266

Re: PG: Knicks Win Game One Even Without Nova Mob Juice 

Post#541 » by Garbagelo » Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:01 pm

Deuce probably played a better playoff game than all of IQ's playoff games combined
Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,226

Post#542 » by Kampuchea » Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:01 pm

Damn, NYKMentality and shammgod do remind me of each other.

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=ZScbCOS-e1RwvSq7ABkKLQ
cgmw
RealGM
And1: 9,673

Post#543 » by cgmw » Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:20 pm

RHODEY wrote:
Zenzibar wrote:I will never devalue 2nd round picks again.

Brunson
MitchRob
Duece

Jokic

Sounds like an NBA Finals storyline to me
"Sell the team. Sell the team. Sell the team."
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,737

Post#544 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:26 pm

KnixtapeH20 wrote:
Context wrote:
Read on Twitter

This is why Josh is cut different.... and why he's a fan favorite even if he's been frustrating in the past, he always lives for these big moments and rises to the occasion. It's great to see especially after last years playoffs. Lord knows we need him to step up and he's answering the call :rockon:

TBH, if Hart is going to take those threes and he's making them, it would be huge for us. We'd always have someone in the rotation ready to go off
ImageImageImage
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,167

Post#545 » by GONYK » Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:27 pm

FrozenEnvelope wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:question to people who weren't confident we would win this series unless Embiid was compromised. Did yesterdays game make you feel better or worse?

This isn't trolling serious discussion here. Are you worried the Sixers have a good plan to frustrate brunson. Are you happy we scored 111 pts with Brunson having his worst games of the season?

Do you feel fortunate to win because Maxey played so well and Brunson played so poorly. Or do you feel that is a positive going forward?

I'm a little concerned Sixers have a pretty decent plan to frustrate Brunson by putting length on him and then just have that player trail and they seemed to know when he wants to shoot that floater and timed it perfectly a few times. On the other hand I think Brunson just made poor decisions and that should turn around. However if they are going to leave our other shooters open its nice to have our guys knock down open 3's.

Ultimately I feel it was a positive that we got a lot of contributions and still won with Brunson playing so poorly, thoughts?

I still think it will be a long series. Even an injured Embiid is a good player offensively. We have to figure out Maxey and Lowry. Cannot start off slow and expect the bench to save us. Expect Philly to make adjustments on the glass as well. I still say Knicks in 6 or 7.
I don't think there is an adjustment they can make on the glass. They were a bad rebounding team with Embiid in the regular season too.

The only adjustment they can make is to play two bigs, but that would compromise their defensive game plan for Brunson.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#546 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:28 pm

JayTWill wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:question to people who weren't confident we would win this series unless Embiid was compromised. Did yesterdays game make you feel better or worse?

This isn't trolling serious discussion here. Are you worried the Sixers have a good plan to frustrate brunson. Are you happy we scored 111 pts with Brunson having his worst games of the season?

Do you feel fortunate to win because Maxey played so well and Brunson played so poorly. Or do you feel that is a positive going forward?

I'm a little concerned Sixers have a pretty decent plan to frustrate Brunson by putting length on him and then just have that player trail and they seemed to know when he wants to shoot that floater and timed it perfectly a few times. On the other hand I think Brunson just made poor decisions and that should turn around. However if they are going to leave our other shooters open its nice to have our guys knock down open 3's.

Ultimately I feel it was a positive that we got a lot of contributions and still won with Brunson playing so poorly, thoughts?

Coming into the series I was fairly confident that the Knicks would win this series rather easily. The Sixers have 2 great players in Embiid and Maxey but I thought the Knicks had the better overall team by far but I had forgotten how much trouble Brunson had against them this year.

I know many people in the fan base hate when some people in the media are unsure of Brunson's ability to lead a team because of his size but length does give him trouble at times. Oubre is not the defender OG is but he does have a similar freakish wingspan. Brunson does not have the quickness advantage like Maxey does to easily separate from his defender and he doesn't have a big like Joel to open up the floor.

Brunson is a smart and resilient player so I expect him to adjust and play better but I would not be shocked if he had multiple poor shooting performances in this series. He may have to force the issue less while other guys step up and make shots. Yesterday it was McBride, Bogey in the first half and Hart in the fourth quarter. Other guys are going to have to continue to make shots.

I still expect the Knicks to win the series especially with their rebounding advantage. There will be many missed shots in this series. This is the same team that we had that ugly 79-73 loss to. Continuing to dominate the boards is imperative.

As long as Brunson draws their attention, we have the additional firepower to make them pay. It won't be the first time a star player ends up being the decoy that frees up other people to score instead.
ImageImageImage
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,838

Post#547 » by mpharris36 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:30 pm

Chanel Bomber wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:OG had a quiet game but he did the work and I don't recall him making any mistake in his 30 minutes. Clean game.

He tried a couple isos to nowhere but it's allowed.

Ah yes I remember one that was a bit wild but I remember thinking "alright you earned that one it's ok" :lol:

I don't think he did a good job on Maxey but thats not his fault. I'm not sure he should be matching up with him in the first place.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
KnixtapeH20
RealGM
And1: 15,304

Post#548 » by KnixtapeH20 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:33 pm

GettinitDone wrote:
Read on Twitter

damn that's actually fire... wasn't expecting that at all
Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 37,547

Post#549 » by Chanel Bomber » Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:34 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
He tried a couple isos to nowhere but it's allowed.

Ah yes I remember one that was a bit wild but I remember thinking "alright you earned that one it's ok" :lol:

I don't think he did a good job on Maxey but thats not his fault. I'm not sure he should be matching up with him in the first place.

He was put on him so the Knicks could switch the Maxey-Embiid pick-and-roll, which I think justifies it. Especially since neither Brunson or DDV can guard Maxey anyway.

If Philly aren't running that action and Deuce is in the game, I agree that it makes more sense to put Deuce on Maxey. Depends on the context of the game.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#550 » by mpharris36 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:35 pm

GONYK wrote:
FrozenEnvelope wrote:

I still think it will be a long series. Even an injured Embiid is a good player offensively. We have to figure out Maxey and Lowry. Cannot start off slow and expect the bench to save us. Expect Philly to make adjustments on the glass as well. I still say Knicks in 6 or 7.
I don't think there is an adjustment they can make on the glass. They were a bad rebounding team with Embiid in the regular season too.

The only adjustment they can make is to play two bigs, but that would compromise their defensive game plan for Brunson.

Yeah I'm not sure what adjustment they can make. They were playing a lot of box and 1 (where Embiid wouldn't follow our centers screening for brunson) and drop coverage where they would leave especially hart wide open to help on Brunson. The thing about that is its less bodies on Hart crashing the glass and our centers are going to have smaller guys on them which we will continue to dominate the glass.

ROSTER

KnixtapeH20
RealGM

Post#551 » by KnixtapeH20 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:40 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:It looks like Bogie has picked up our defensive switches and is doing a little bit better on that end of the court now

He had one play yesterday where he ran almost the full half length of the court and almost blocked Maxey... ended up falling into the crowd. I had to do a double take like wait was that Bogs? :o

Everyone is a **** DOG
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#552 » by mpharris36 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:40 pm

Chanel Bomber wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:Ah yes I remember one that was a bit wild but I remember thinking "alright you earned that one it's ok" :lol:

He was put on him so the Knicks could switch the Maxey-Embiid pick-and-roll, which I think justifies it. Especially since neither Brunson or DDV can guard Maxey anyway.

If Philly aren't running that action and Deuce is in the game, I agree that it makes more sense to put Deuce on Maxey. Depends on the context of the game.

they didn't really switch the matchup though (only a few times out of desperation). It was more of a hart show and let OG recover back to Maxey. The problem is Maxey is way too quick for OG and if he gets that split second why the big is going back to Embiid and OG is recovering he is taking advantage of that.

Also if they switch that matchup ihart or mitch is going to get cooked by Maxey. So really negates wanting to switch even though OG can hold his own at times vs Embiid...Maxey's matchup will hurt us.

We just need more Duece this series. I would rather have OG in the "free safety" spot guarding like Harris and then be the helper on the Maxey/Embiid P&R. He will have plenty of time to recover out to Harris who has been a disaster.

ROSTER

Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#553 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:42 pm

KnixtapeH20 wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:It looks like Bogie has picked up our defensive switches and is doing a little bit better on that end of the court now

He had one play yesterday where he ran almost the full half length of the court and almost blocked Maxey... ended up falling into the crowd. I had to do a double take like wait was that Bogs? :o

Everyone is a **** DOG

He's got friends and family in the NYC area too. He probably loves being a Knick
ImageImageImage
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,333

Post#554 » by Jalen Bluntson » Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:44 pm

NeEd mOaR WiNs!!!
:beer: RIP mags
Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 37,547

Post#555 » by Chanel Bomber » Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:48 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

they didn't really switch the matchup though (only a few times out of desperation). It was more of a hart show and let OG recover back to Maxey. The problem is Maxey is way too quick for OG and if he gets that split second why the big is going back to Embiid and OG is recovering he is taking advantage of that.

Also if they switch that matchup ihart or mitch is going to get cooked by Maxey. So really negates wanting to switch even though OG can hold his own at times vs Embiid...Maxey's matchup will hurt us.

We just need more Duece this series. I would rather have OG in the "free safety" spot guarding like Harris and then be the helper on the Maxey/Embiid P&R. He will have plenty of time to recover out to Harris who has been a disaster.

I don't think they were necessarily looking to switch but I think the rationale was to have a big body on Embiid in case they were forced to switch. This move may also explain why the Sixers didn't actually spam us with PNR. I don't know.

I agree this is a McBride series. Even ignoring the shotmaking, defensively he's a big plus for the Knicks against this team.
KnixtapeH20
RealGM

Post#556 » by KnixtapeH20 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:51 pm

8516knicks wrote:
TrueWarrior wrote:Deuce, Mitch, and Bojan held sh*t down to say the least. Awesome job by the bench. Josh legit also.

Playoffs are about matchups, and Deuce/Mitch looked like the better pairing against Maxey/Embiid than Donte/Isaiah in this one. Jalen and OG were quieter than usual as well.

We’ll see how the chess match goes now, but taking game 1 is always crucial. We may not have some bonafide 2nd option, but we have a deep squad of killers who will step up when needed. There will be many different heroes throughout.

For a second I wondered "who's Isiah?" :lol: Does anyone ever calll him by his first name? Even his wife? :lol:

I don't think I EVER called him Hart, always called him Isiah. Especially with Josh on the team just confusing
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,333

Post#557 » by Jalen Bluntson » Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:05 pm

KnixtapeH20 wrote:
8516knicks wrote:
TrueWarrior wrote:Deuce, Mitch, and Bojan held sh*t down to say the least. Awesome job by the bench. Josh legit also.

Playoffs are about matchups, and Deuce/Mitch looked like the better pairing against Maxey/Embiid than Donte/Isaiah in this one. Jalen and OG were quieter than usual as well.

We’ll see how the chess match goes now, but taking game 1 is always crucial. We may not have some bonafide 2nd option, but we have a deep squad of killers who will step up when needed. There will be many different heroes throughout.

For a second I wondered "who's Isiah?" :lol: Does anyone ever calll him by his first name? Even his wife? :lol:

I don't think I EVER called him Hart, always called him Isiah. Especially with Josh on the team just confusing

Shart to iShart to iHart. I never called him Isaiah.
:beer: RIP mags
El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
And1: 24,613

Post#558 » by El Poochio » Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:06 pm

I was reading the comments here about how Josh Hart sucks then I opened the game and he was hitting big shot after big shot LOL

B: L. Doncic | J. Carter | D. Banton
B: D. Melton | A. Burks
B: B. Ingram | K. Oubre | J. Tate
B: Z. Williamson | DJJ | K. Lofton Jr
B: KP | D. Powell
El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
And1: 24,613

Post#559 » by El Poochio » Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:07 pm

Sixers are toast, Embiid doesnt look healthy at all. Wonder how those seed tankers feel now who are gonna face Celtics instead

B: L. Doncic | J. Carter | D. Banton
B: D. Melton | A. Burks
B: B. Ingram | K. Oubre | J. Tate
B: Z. Williamson | DJJ | K. Lofton Jr
B: KP | D. Powell
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,742

Post#560 » by robillionaire » Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:16 pm

moocow007 wrote:
robillionaire wrote:For us to win this game with Brunson playing as horrifically as he did is really something. But we can’t afford for him to do it again either

Big games by Hart, Mitch, Deuce, and Bojan

And thibs

It was clear what the Sixers defensive game plan was (not that it was hard to guess). Stop Brunson and let someone else beat you. Why having a second top tier shot creator is so important come playoff time.

Good thing that the Knicks other players were able to step up but the likelihood that McBride for example can sustain this is not good.

So hopefully Brunson and Thibs figure this out (I don’t see the Sixers defensive game plan changing).

Nothing much to figure out, guys gotta keep stepping up and making shots. Maybe McBride doesn’t sustain that performance but maybe Donte can shoot better next time, maybe OG has a better game, maybe iHart gets a couple floaters to go, the other guys will have to keep stepping up. And then Brunson himself can’t do much worse

Return to New York Knicks