ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: God Bless Our Little Miracle Victory

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Gravy
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,688

Re: PG: God Bless Our Little Miracle Victory 

Post#1121 » by Gravy » Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:40 pm

Its easier to say we dont need Randle while we are 2-0 and all the role players are hitting improbable shots to cover for Brunson struggling.
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,667

Post#1122 » by RHODEY » Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:04 pm

GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,201

Post#1123 » by GONYK » Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:19 pm

RHODEY wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This kid was honestly super reasonable
gavran
RealGM
And1: 7,435

Post#1124 » by gavran » Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:33 pm

GONYK wrote:
RHODEY wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This kid was honestly super reasonable

Plus we all know he is not watching it live.
JayTWill
Junior
And1: 145

Post#1125 » by JayTWill » Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:43 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
NiceLikeChrist wrote:Playoff randle so blown out of proportion. First time he had Elfrid Payton starting PG for Christs sake. Terrible roster that Randle carried on his back and things went bad when the hawks hyper focused on making the game tough for Randle and forcing others to try and beat us.

Much like this series which is why Brunson is dropping stinkers left and right. The difference is his supporting cast is leagues better.

And then last season he came into the playoffs fresh off a high ankle sprain that caused him to miss weeks and just jump right into playoff basketball. Took some time to get back into things but started finding his rhythm then he tweaks that same ankle again in the 1st round. Ends up needing surgery on it but plays through the second round with it.

I don’t think a healthy Randle would drastically underperform in the playoffs. Not with this team.

another thing to point out too, even with randle's struggles (had some good games against miami tho) he was still a net positive in the post season and had a massive impact on brunson's game. randle's gravity itself just helps out brunson so much.
Read on Twitter

I think those numbers are from the Cavs series where Randle was injured in the last game and the first 2 games of the Heat series where Randle missed game 1. It still doesn't make sense to me that Brunson could have performed so much better with Randle on the floor but the numbers say that the team as a whole performed better with Brunson on the floor without Randle.

Brunson on/Randle off 117.4 off/107.3 def______+10.1____253 possessions
Brunson on/Randle on 115.0 off/111.4 def______+3.6_____585 possessions

Randle on/Brunson off 75 off/82.5 def_______-7.5______40 possessions
Brunson off/Randle off 81.3 off/103.5 def_____-22.3_____112 possessions

Maybe my numbers are off but whatever positive impact Randle had on Brunson was negated somewhere else. Maybe it was just the clunky fit with the starters especially RJ and Randle together.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 120,137

Post#1126 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:03 pm

JayTWill wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
NiceLikeChrist wrote:Playoff randle so blown out of proportion. First time he had Elfrid Payton starting PG for Christs sake. Terrible roster that Randle carried on his back and things went bad when the hawks hyper focused on making the game tough for Randle and forcing others to try and beat us.

Much like this series which is why Brunson is dropping stinkers left and right. The difference is his supporting cast is leagues better.

And then last season he came into the playoffs fresh off a high ankle sprain that caused him to miss weeks and just jump right into playoff basketball. Took some time to get back into things but started finding his rhythm then he tweaks that same ankle again in the 1st round. Ends up needing surgery on it but plays through the second round with it.

I don’t think a healthy Randle would drastically underperform in the playoffs. Not with this team.

another thing to point out too, even with randle's struggles (had some good games against miami tho) he was still a net positive in the post season and had a massive impact on brunson's game. randle's gravity itself just helps out brunson so much.
Read on Twitter

I think those numbers are from the Cavs series where Randle was injured in the last game and the first 2 games of the Heat series where Randle missed game 1. It still doesn't make sense to me that Brunson could have performed so much better with Randle on the floor but the numbers say that the team as a whole performed better with Brunson on the floor without Randle.

Maybe my numbers are off but whatever positive impact Randle had on Brunson was negated somewhere else. Maybe it was just the clunky fit with the starters especially RJ and Randle together.

here's brunson's full numbers without randle last playoffs
Read on Twitter

i think these numbers allign with the eye test. we're seeing now how brunson is struggling a bit without randle. we need both of them
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
JayTWill
Junior
And1: 145

Post#1127 » by JayTWill » Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:22 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
JayTWill wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:another thing to point out too, even with randle's struggles (had some good games against miami tho) he was still a net positive in the post season and had a massive impact on brunson's game. randle's gravity itself just helps out brunson so much.
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

i think these numbers allign with the eye test. we're seeing now how brunson is struggling a bit without randle. we need both of them

Yeah, he definitely takes pressure and some of the offensive load off of Brunson but obviously he needs to perform well himself or it will just hurt the team in other ways. I'm more concerned with how the team performs as a whole than I am with how Brunson or Randle perform individually.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 120,137

Post#1128 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:30 pm

JayTWill wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
JayTWill wrote:

Read on Twitter

Yeah, he definitely takes pressure and some of the offensive load off of Brunson but obviously he needs to perform well himself or it will just hurt the team in other ways. I'm more concerned with how the team performs as a whole than I am with how Brunson or Randle perform individually.

well missing randle has def hurt the team so far this year. we're 21-15 without him, 29-17 with him
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,343

Post#1129 » by Jalen Bluntson » Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:36 am

Sixers will never shoot like this again. Everything went in. Unreal. Nothing we did wrong from what I'm seeing. They just can't miss. Need a huge fourth quarter from everyone here!!
:beer: RIP mags

Return to New York Knicks