ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: God Bless Our Little Miracle Victory

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

KnixinSix
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,908

Re: PG: God Bless Our Little Miracle Victory 

Post#1101 » by KnixinSix » Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:13 pm

Jalen Bluntson wrote:
KnixinSix wrote:
Jalen Bluntson wrote:
iHarts max is like 4/73 I believe. He said he wants to stay. If that's enough to keep him....pay him. He knows we can only offer so much. If he's not happy with that why say he would stay?

Then we see what OG wants. That completes the majority of our off-season if we stand pat. If they somehow get OG to take the QO then extend him? We could bring back iHart at his max and try to keep Precious before we hit the 1st tax apron. Precious then becomes a trade chip to add to Randle/Bogs and/or whoever else we need to trade for a star or whatever. Could be a keeper for depth if we trade Randle as well. Lots of things we can do to improve.

If we somehow re-sign I-Hart and OG to bigger contracts it likely takes us out of the $50M+ player market (KAT, Embiid, Booker etc) and more in the 33-38M market to stay below luxury tax.

There's ways of making things work. As it stands with OG taking his 19mil QO, No iHart/Precious/Jefrries we will be at 144mil. The first apron is 171mil. Aller is a genius. I have faith we bring at least those two back.

OG most definitely. You dont trade both RJ and IQ for a rental.

IHart could go either way but if anyone can pull it off while having room to sign the superstar its Aller
For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. 2nd Corinthians 4:6
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,937

Post#1102 » by KnicksGod » Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:34 pm

If Brunson was doing this with Randle in the lineup, Randle would have more pressure and instead of it being a dirty defensive effort and Hart and DVo making plays, we’d maybe have Randle doing somewhat better than Brunson — really nobody could be doing worse in these two — but then we might still see Randle unreliable when it counts.

Playoff Randle has never been good. Instead of a Hartenstein board and a Divo 3, we may have Randle standing around watching the ball and/or a kickout for a Randle brick.
nismos14
Freshman
And1: 53

Post#1103 » by nismos14 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:52 pm

So do they still fine for flops? I mean I think Lowry should be fined for flopping, even if he was thrown like a fish by Embiid.
NYKnickerbocker
RealGM
And1: 13,567

Post#1104 » by NYKnickerbocker » Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:01 pm

KnicksGod wrote:If Brunson was doing this with Randle in the lineup, Randle would have more pressure and instead of it being a dirty defensive effort and Hart and DVo making plays, we’d maybe have Randle doing somewhat better than Brunson — really nobody could be doing worse in these two — but then we might still see Randle unreliable when it counts.

Playoff Randle has never been good. Instead of a Hartenstein board and a Divo 3, we may have Randle standing around watching the ball and/or a kickout for a Randle brick.
or, they can’t completely sell out to stop Brunson due to the presence of Randle and Brunson has an easier time getting to his spots and hitting his shots, kind of like last year and we are up in the game comfortably

We are not a better team without Randle people lol
8516knicks
Head Coach
And1: 4,933

Post#1105 » by 8516knicks » Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:03 pm

sol537 wrote:Hart bringing his shooting coach to him basically full time during the playoffs shows he’s a winner.

Brunson will figure things out

For sure; 2 Brunson's working on it now :wink:
JayTWill
Junior
And1: 130

Post#1106 » by JayTWill » Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:14 pm

NYKnickerbocker wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:If Brunson was doing this with Randle in the lineup, Randle would have more pressure and instead of it being a dirty defensive effort and Hart and DVo making plays, we’d maybe have Randle doing somewhat better than Brunson — really nobody could be doing worse in these two — but then we might still see Randle unreliable when it counts.

or, they can’t completely sell out to stop Brunson due to the presence of Randle and Brunson has an easier time getting to his spots and hitting his shots, kind of like last year and we are up in the game comfortably

We are not a better team without Randle people lol

I think Randle's presence would help Brunson on the offensive end since he would not have to carry so much of the load but I don't feel it would have changed the Sixer's defense much especially when Brunson has the ball in his hands. Randle doesn't provide any off ball gravity. He is not a spot up shooter or floor spacer. He is not a rim runner and he is not running off of screens. Teams are not going to have an issue rotating off of Randle at the 3 point line to send extra attention Brunson's way.

I'm sure the defensive attention Brunson receives now seems much more dramatic since the ball is constantly in his hands but with or without Randle the Sixers will put length on Brunson on the perimeter and he will see a lot of bodies around him near the paint.

It would be great to have Randle and his shot creation abilities now to take pressure off of Brunson diversify the offense but along with his shot creation does come his highly inconsistent effort on the defensive end and his questionable decision making at times. You have to take the good with the bad.
Wildcat
RealGM
And1: 1,635

Post#1107 » by Wildcat » Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:03 am

Playoff Randle has been blown out portion. The talent surrounding Randle overachieved. A high school coach can takeout Randle. I was angry at Randle's playoff performance last year, but I cool my heels when it was announced he'd need surgery on the ankle. It's an annoying asterisk.

I personally think Randle would be cooking in this series. Harris can't guard him. Kelly can't guard him. I can't see them going with a game plan to double both guys. It'd be one or the other.
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,755

Post#1108 » by robillionaire » Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:14 am

I’d definitely run it back and the best argument for doing so is that we are like 23-3 with OG in the lineup. And we looked dominant with Randle in the mix too. If an opportunity to improve is there you gotta take it, but we don’t have to force anything. Just stay the course
NiceLikeChrist
Senior
And1: 527

Post#1109 » by NiceLikeChrist » Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:19 am

Playoff randle so blown out of proportion. First time he had Elfrid Payton starting PG for Christs sake. Terrible roster that Randle carried on his back and things went bad when the hawks hyper focused on making the game tough for Randle and forcing others to try and beat us.

Much like this series which is why Brunson is dropping stinkers left and right. The difference is his supporting cast is leagues better.

And then last season he came into the playoffs fresh off a high ankle sprain that caused him to miss weeks and just jump right into playoff basketball. Took some time to get back into things but started finding his rhythm then he tweaks that same ankle again in the 1st round. Ends up needing surgery on it but plays through the second round with it.

I don’t think a healthy Randle would drastically underperform in the playoffs. Not with this team.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,741

Post#1110 » by Clyde_Style » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:51 am

Lord Commander wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:Becky Hammond furiously flicking her dried bean to the last two Brunson playoff games.

Jesus :lol:

Was that a Navy Bean, Red Kidney or a French Lentil?
ImageImageImage
Buttah304
Analyst
And1: 5,715

Post#1111 » by Buttah304 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:31 am

robillionaire wrote:I’d definitely run it back and the best argument for doing so is that we are like 23-3 with OG in the lineup. And we looked dominant with Randle in the mix too. If an opportunity to improve is there you gotta take it, but we don’t have to force anything. Just stay the course

One of the craziest things I’ve seen as a Knicks fan in a long time. It was a small sample size about 15 games ago. His impact has been otherworldly.
spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,838

Post#1112 » by spree2kawhi » Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:45 am

evevale wrote:Image

i'm still in shock

Taking that shot is insane. I’m glad he made it. This is an incredible player and this terrible place - along with the rest of the internet - would’ve turned on him had he missed both of those threes.
spree2kawhi
RealGM

Post#1113 » by spree2kawhi » Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:58 am

NiceLikeChrist wrote:Playoff randle so blown out of proportion. First time he had Elfrid Payton starting PG for Christs sake. Terrible roster that Randle carried on his back and things went bad when the hawks hyper focused on making the game tough for Randle and forcing others to try and beat us.

Much like this series which is why Brunson is dropping stinkers left and right. The difference is his supporting cast is leagues better.

And then last season he came into the playoffs fresh off a high ankle sprain that caused him to miss weeks and just jump right into playoff basketball. Took some time to get back into things but started finding his rhythm then he tweaks that same ankle again in the 1st round. Ends up needing surgery on it but plays through the second round with it.

I don’t think a healthy Randle would drastically underperform in the playoffs. Not with this team.

I think you’re wrong. The nature of Randle’s errors is the problem. You could see our recent success rooted deeply in the absence not of Randle but of even more players with Randle’s type of flaws: tunnel vision, overdribbling, shaky jump shooting, bad decision making. Granted, he has a lion‘s heart and he’s grown on me, but OG, DDV, McBride, Hart, Hartenstein and Brunson are all built different. They don’t overplay their hands while he has more than just a tendency to do so. That’s why this is a cohesive team even without Randle.
Meat
Head Coach
And1: 4,614

Post#1114 » by Meat » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:19 pm

spree2kawhi wrote:
NiceLikeChrist wrote:Playoff randle so blown out of proportion. First time he had Elfrid Payton starting PG for Christs sake. Terrible roster that Randle carried on his back and things went bad when the hawks hyper focused on making the game tough for Randle and forcing others to try and beat us.

I think you’re wrong. The nature of Randle’s errors is the problem. You could see our recent success rooted deeply in the absence not of Randle but of even more players with Randle’s type of flaws: tunnel vision, overdribbling, shaky jump shooting, bad decision making. Granted, he has a lion‘s heart and he’s grown on me, but OG, DDV, McBride, Hart, Hartenstein and Brunson are all built different. They don’t overplay their hands while he has more than just a tendency to do so. That’s why this is a cohesive team even without Randle.

you saw his growth this year though, he still makes bonehed plays but you really saw passing out the double fast randle those last few games before he went down.
Hes_On_Fire
Head Coach
And1: 9,448

Post#1115 » by Hes_On_Fire » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:55 pm

Meat wrote:
spree2kawhi wrote:

you saw his growth this year though, he still makes bonehed plays but you really saw passing out the double fast randle those last few games before he went down.

Eh many times it was still the same Randle.

I know every player is going to have flaws but low basketball IQ has to be my biggest pet peeve and the biggest detriment towards winning.

I’d rather a guy have less athleticism or creativity but be a smart player who can score and affect the game in other ways on both ends than just a guy who gets by on power/athleticism and makes bad decisions with the basketball.
Thank you, Rick Brunson.
spree2kawhi
RealGM

Post#1116 » by spree2kawhi » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:32 pm

Hes_On_Fire wrote:
Meat wrote:
spree2kawhi wrote:I think you’re wrong. The nature of Randle’s errors is the problem. You could see our recent success rooted deeply in the absence not of Randle but of even more players with Randle’s type of flaws: tunnel vision, overdribbling, shaky jump shooting, bad decision making. Granted, he has a lion‘s heart and he’s grown on me, but OG, DDV, McBride, Hart, Hartenstein and Brunson are all built different. They don’t overplay their hands while he has more than just a tendency to do so. That’s why this is a cohesive team even without Randle.

I know every player is going to have flaws but low basketball IQ has to be my biggest pet peeve and the biggest detriment towards winning.

I’d rather a guy have less athleticism or creativity but be a smart player who can score and affect the game in other ways on both ends than just a guy who gets by on power/athleticism and makes bad decisions with the basketball.

Yup.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,995

Post#1117 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:49 pm

another thing to point out too, even with randle's struggles (had some good games against miami tho) he was still a net positive in the post season and had a massive impact on brunson's game. randle's gravity itself just helps out brunson so much.
Read on Twitter
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Meat
Head Coach
And1: 4,614

Post#1118 » by Meat » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:50 pm

Hes_On_Fire wrote:
Meat wrote:
spree2kawhi wrote:I think you’re wrong. The nature of Randle’s errors is the problem. You could see our recent success rooted deeply in the absence not of Randle but of even more players with Randle’s type of flaws: tunnel vision, overdribbling, shaky jump shooting, bad decision making. Granted, he has a lion‘s heart and he’s grown on me, but OG, DDV, McBride, Hart, Hartenstein and Brunson are all built different. They don’t overplay their hands while he has more than just a tendency to do so. That’s why this is a cohesive team even without Randle.

post og trade he was still that guy?
spree2kawhi
RealGM

Post#1119 » by spree2kawhi » Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:49 pm

Meat wrote:
Hes_On_Fire wrote:
Meat wrote:you saw his growth this year though, he still makes bonehed plays but you really saw passing out the double fast randle those last few games before he went down.

post og trade he was still that guy?

Of course. If you watch full games, you see it all the time. He drives into traffic, misses the open man, loses his dribble and whatnot. Look past the numbers and he’s fairly unreliable, simply a player with a low basketball IQ.
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,521

Post#1120 » by KnicksGadfly » Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:08 pm

As someone who stopped believing in Randle once I felt he stopped giving full effort on defense, I feel like we can’t really judge Randle this postseason, good or bad. It sucks that he won’t get a chance to play because this was his opportunity to change a lot of minds and he deserved that opportunity.

Better to just wish him well, focus on the team and just go from there. In the off-season, the FO is going to have to make a tough choice with incomplete data.

Return to New York Knicks