ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: God Bless Our Little Miracle Victory

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,218

Re: PG: God Bless Our Little Miracle Victory 

Post#861 » by sol537 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:20 pm

duetta wrote:If Randle were healthy and playing, Philly would be incapable of defending Brunson the way that they are. Both Brunson and Randle are capable of putting up 40 and dominating the other team's defense. We're better defensively without Randle but much worse offensively. If you want to argue that the ball moves better with Randle off the court, you can't use the last two games as an illustration - because the ball wasn't moving nearly enough out of Brunson's hands, and into the hands of his extremely capable teammates. This is not a knock on Brunson but simply an acknowledgment that no team can devise an effective defense against an offense with multiple players capable of putting up 30-40 game-in and game-out.

Our ceiling is higher with a healthy Randle. You guys saw us dominating with our full squad when OG got here. Regular season, sure, but you could see that we were really good on both ends. Dominant rebounding, defense, and a hard to stop offense.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,839

Post#862 » by mpharris36 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:20 pm

Knick4Real wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
GONYK wrote:
The mental weakness and primadonna theatrics this dude has displayed his whole career is shameful

I honestly think that is a big part of why people don't consider him the GOAT. His resume stands for itself, you really can't argue with his success and numbers and talent....but man...MJ (as much as he pissed me off because we couldn't beat him). Was so much more likeable. Similar feelings towards Kobe...I just enjoyed them more because they didn't come will all that other BS that LeBron does.

Also, MJ (or Kobe) never went around telling everybody "Hey, I'm the greatest, right?" like lebron does.

If you have to keep convincing everyone you're great, maybe you're not. :noway:

As a player he is more than great one of the all-time best. Hard to argue against that.

As a person...he leaves a lot to be desired (at least to root for :lol: )
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
Hes_On_Fire
Head Coach
And1: 9,448

Post#863 » by Hes_On_Fire » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:21 pm

KnicksGod wrote:Y'all notice Hart and DiVo trying to give credit to Brunson on the last 3? In the presser next to him and I mean it's legit but they're trying to lift him up

Even on that play he loses it and then his legs aren't there on the shot ... it's crazy but I wonder if he's practicing ... to me fatigue is a big part

I'm sure fatigue is a part of it but then again Hart has been run into the ground by Thibs minutes-wise and is still battling.

Played all 48 yesterday.

Part of it is definitely the defensive gameplan on Brunson. He also seems to be rattled a bit and rushing his shots and decisions.
Thank you, Rick Brunson.
Knick4Real
General Manager
And1: 7,837

Post#864 » by Knick4Real » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:23 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
HerSports85 wrote:
sol537 wrote:Stephen A pretends to be a Knicks fan for views. Dude is a fraud.

Perk is 1000x more of a fan than Stephen A. I think he actually prefers for us to lose because it fuels his narrative of being a depressed Knicks fan.

It took Shannon and Legs to say it was more than Maxey getting fouled. It was the hustle, offensive rebound and made shots from the Knicks. Give us our props. I also agree with Shannon, the refs not calling that to determine the game.

Stephen A talked more about the Knicks when they were losing than he does now when they're winning.

That's because he's a fake, a fraud, and a phony!! :onfire:
spree8
RealGM
And1: 6,001

Post#865 » by spree8 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:25 pm

FrozenEnvelope wrote:
HerSports85 wrote:
sol537 wrote:Stephen A pretends to be a Knicks fan for views. Dude is a fraud.

Perk is 1000x more of a fan than Stephen A. I think he actually prefers for us to lose because it fuels his narrative of being a depressed Knicks fan.

It took Shannon and Legs to say it was more than Maxey getting fouled. It was the hustle, offensive rebound and made shots from the Knicks. Give us our props. I also agree with Shannon, the refs not calling that to determine the game.

SAS is a lot like some fans here - specifically FN11, KnicksGod, seren, spree8, sol537 and Bob Ross. Reading some of their posts right before what happened is embarrassing.

https://tinypic.host/image/Screenshot-2024-04-23-104844.DjPjPe
https://tinypic.host/image/Screenshot-2024-04-23-104546.DjPhV9
https://tinypic.host/image/Screenshot-2024-04-23-103422.DjPGJE
https://tinypic.host/image/Screenshot-2024-04-23-103710-Copy.DjP5OQ
https://tinypic.host/image/Screenshot-2024-04-23-104630.DjPvbX

Embarrassing? You’re a bigger biotch than Embiid if you think me angry laughing at Jalen shooting 29% and 16% from 3 for the series and telling him to take off/rest game 3 is embarrassing :lol:

Stephen A, is that you trying to project?

And if you wanna talk embarrassing… this shook shyt is embarrassing:

jvsimonetti0514
General Manager
And1: 7,990

Post#866 » by jvsimonetti0514 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:29 pm

Read on Twitter

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm apart of a Knicks podcast! You Should check it out!
youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWW9GUVpNULS97PyptXXU4w
jvsimonetti0514
General Manager
And1: 7,990

Post#867 » by jvsimonetti0514 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:33 pm

I was just thinking. Do any other teams have their former great players show up to games like we do? I guess I've seen Wade at some Heat games but he's the only one I can think of.
I'm apart of a Knicks podcast! You Should check it out!
youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWW9GUVpNULS97PyptXXU4w
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 25,081

Post#868 » by Jeff Van Gully » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:35 pm

Im Coming Home wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
Im Coming Home wrote:Yep but it's actually insane. I suggest people watch that pass from multiple angles in slow mo to truly appreciate it.

He falls down after surrounded by like 4 Sixers, and passed it through the ONLY window possible while falling to OG. It's seriously insane.

saw an athletic article today that suggests it's something they practice. that coaching.

I think it's a misunderstanding because last night DiVincenzo was talking about how they practice the last minute shots and last minute execution stuff like that but I don't think they literally mean Hartenstein falling to the floor and passing it to OG is a practiced play or something like that

right. the point being was he was able to execute it falling because there's a set process and preparation. if you don't practice that, maybe he falls and tosses it out of bounds or to a defender in panic... or travels... etc.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 25,081

Post#869 » by Jeff Van Gully » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:35 pm

GONYK wrote:
GONYK wrote:
Im Coming Home wrote:I think it's a misunderstanding because last night DiVincenzo was talking about how they practice the last minute shots and last minute execution stuff like that but I don't think they literally mean Hartenstein falling to the floor and passing it to OG is a practiced play or something like that

Donte said they practice getting an offensive rebound and resetting to hit a dagger 3. That's why DD said he was so happy when iHart got the board, because he knew exactly what the action was to get himself another shot.

More context from the Athletic

Thibodeau has hammered the progression his centers are supposed to go through after they grab an offensive board into each one of their brains. Behind the scenes, the Knicks practice these scramble situations constantly. They might appear in disarray, but there is a script.

If the rebounder is in the restricted area, he can go back up. If he isn’t, then he should look to pass back out. The defense will be in a tussle. As DiVincenzo alluded to, the situation is ripe for an open 3.

First, Hartenstein or whichever big man seizes the board should look to the corner, where a teammate is supposed to streak. If no one is there, then he can turn to the wing, where someone should be unguarded.

As Hartenstein dropped to the court, he peered to Anunoby, his first read, stationed in the corner just where Thibodeau wanted him. It won the Knicks the game when Anunoby flipped the ball to DiVincenzo for the 3.

Thibodeau speaks so often about the importance of preparation, about how building habits in the regular season helps during high-pressure playoff situations. He doesn’t believe in changing day-to-day customs come spring basketball. According to his philosophy, coaches and players should approach any game as if it’s a playoff game.

This is why.

yep. that's the one. :lol:
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
spree8
RealGM
And1: 6,001

Post#870 » by spree8 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:38 pm

Bob Ross wrote:

I like to think my irrational anger helped fuel the team

Yup! That’s all a part of Knick fan energy.

Shyt Rick prob said worse to Jalen during the game
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,932

Post#871 » by Fat Kat » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:38 pm

Read on Twitter
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,263

Post#872 » by stuporman » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:39 pm

The Sixers have defended Brunson the best out of just about anyone this season, they have two long wing defenders and an MVP paint protector with a coach who is known for creating defensive game plans to stop stars to force someone else to beat you. This is their whole strategy and these are professionals doing it.

So when Brunson struggles and someone else beats them if you weak ninnies jump off the Brunwagon nobody is saving your seat to get back on as soon as he finally breaks through. You are as weak as people complaining about calls and not as strong as beasts that rip balls out of hands or out rebound 4 other guys.

Pick a path...who you want to be?

The Nova boys are going back to old stomping ground now, get ready for it.
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
Knick4Real
General Manager
And1: 7,837

Post#873 » by Knick4Real » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:42 pm

After last night, iHart is gonna have a hard time leaving us just to take more money with a team like the Pistons. :nod:
Hes_On_Fire
Head Coach
And1: 9,448

Post#874 » by Hes_On_Fire » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:53 pm

KnicksGadfly wrote:Hart effin played the whole game wtf

48 minutes
21 ppg
7/16
4/7 from three
15 rebounds (4 offensive)
3 assists
2 steals
2 blocks

This is a monster statline

I bought his jersey last night at the game at halftime.

Just an easy guy to root for.
Thank you, Rick Brunson.
TKKnicks1
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,879

Post#875 » by TKKnicks1 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:53 pm

Knick4Real wrote:
jvsimonetti0514 wrote:
Read on Twitter

This might be funnier than the twitter reactions I’ve seen

I love how he just went silent at the end. :lol:

I went to school in Philly. Philadelphia fans are just the worst.
~I Believe!~
Meat
Head Coach
And1: 4,614

Post#876 » by Meat » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:55 pm

Knick4Real wrote:After last night, iHart is gonna have a hard time leaving us just to take more money with a team like the Pistons. :nod:

his wife pregnant with a kid, he gonna take the most money as well he should.
TrueWarrior
RealGM
And1: 8,215

Post#877 » by TrueWarrior » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:58 pm

Knick4Real wrote:After last night, iHart is gonna have a hard time leaving us just to take more money with a team like the Pistons. :nod:

Hopefully. Other interesting teams like the Magic and Spurs have cap space too. Not to mention any team can clear space if they really want to, just like we did for Jalen.

Im not going to think about it much now, but Isaiah is worth at least 20 million a year. He’s a 25 year old 2 way center with great intangibles and energy. Has elite defensive and rebounding numbers, is a nice passer, and has some more untapped offensive potential. If he comes back for the 16 mill a year starting salary we can give him he deserves a statue.

And to think some posters were ready to chuck him and Donte away after game 1. Embrace the madness people. OG going off next.
Context
RealGM
And1: 13,071

Post#878 » by Context » Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:05 pm

LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 41,549

Post#879 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:22 pm

It's the Jazz we have to worry about, they have caproom and their coach said this -

"The Knicks are relentless [in] going to the glass. I think Hartenstein, I don’t live in this media market. I don’t know how much he’s talked about, but watching him on film, his value is unbelievable.

“The guy is everywhere. And even the ones he doesn’t get, he’s occupying so many people on the glass. He’s relentless. And so you have to match that on every single possession and the one time you slip up, he taps it back out or he gets the rebound.”

They seemed to have soured on Walker Kessler a bit, and Will Hardy's offense in general would flow better with a C that can pass.
Guano
RealGM
And1: 41,102

Post#880 » by Guano » Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:24 pm

Bob Ross wrote:

I like to think my irrational anger helped fuel the team

:lol:
If the irrational anger of the fans fueled this team to victory they would never lose
Chanel Bomber wrote:This board really is full of bad people.

Return to New York Knicks