ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: God Bless Our Little Miracle Victory

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Spree2Houston
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,005

Re: PG: God Bless Our Little Miracle Victory 

Post#1021 » by Spree2Houston » Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:28 pm

Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

Context
RealGM
And1: 13,115

Post#1022 » by Context » Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:33 pm

Im Coming Home wrote:Its honestly funny how Sixers fans act like the missed calls meant the refs literally awarded the Knicks 3 points when in reality the Knicks needed so much more than that to go right to win the game:

Lets break it down:

-Knicks had to still hit a 3, Divo missed the first open 3
-Knicks still had to get an offensive rebound on the missed 3 through like 4 lazy Sixers not boxing out
-Knicks had to still come down with the ball, and while surrounded by Sixers somehow make the pass out to OG
-OG still had to make a perfect pass out to Divo
-Divo had to still hit a 3 to take the 1-point lead
-Knicks had to block Maxey's layup attempt
-Knicks had to hit 2 clutch FTs to make the lead 3
-Knicks had to defend an Embiid 3 at the buzzer that would've tied the game, and nearly did.

Thats 8 things other than the officiating that had to go right for the Knicks to win the game. Sixers still choked, Lowry misses a FT making it a 5 point instead of 6 point game, missed their chance to call timeout and waited too long to do so, still had to lazily not rebound the missed 3 to ice the game.

end of the day...this is a great conversation piece. But lets be real...18 year champion Lowry has no excuse for not calling a time out.

The fact that the refs are on their minds tells me that the knicks could go in there and take game three if they are focused,
put the game away early and keep their foot on their necks. This Philly team and their fan base are a bunch of whiners.
Our Knick team NEVER gave up. I didnt turn the game off but in my mind I was preparing for a 1-1 record going into to Philly.
Some Knick fans turned the game off. Elite players never give up and get it done. Winners get it done. Brunson shoots 26%
we still get it done. Randle goes down with a season ending injury we still finish with the 2nd seed.

The Sixers are not on the same mental level as this knick team- Period.
LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren
Knick4Real
General Manager
And1: 7,852

Post#1023 » by Knick4Real » Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:36 pm

Im Coming Home wrote:Its honestly funny how Sixers fans act like the missed calls meant the refs literally awarded the Knicks 3 points when in reality the Knicks needed so much more than that to go right to win the game:

Lets break it down:

-Knicks still had to get an offensive rebound on the missed 3 through like 4 lazy Sixers not boxing out
-Knicks had to still come down with the ball, and while surrounded by Sixers somehow make the pass out to OG
-Knicks had to defend an Embiid 3 at the buzzer that would've tied the game, and nearly did.

Thats 8 things other than the officiating that had to go right for the Knicks to win the game. Sixers still choked, Lowry misses a FT making it a 5 point instead of 6 point game, missed their chance to call timeout and waited too long to do so, still had to lazily not rebound the missed 3 to ice the game.

PHILLY:
But... but... WE'RE supposed to be the better team.
Everybody said it.
And WE were supposed to win because WE'RE prettier and WE deserve it.
And WE'RE still gonna win because WE say so.
WAH! WAH! WAH!

Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,334

Post#1024 » by Jalen Bluntson » Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:47 pm

Context wrote:

Lets break it down:

end of the day...this is a great conversation piece. But lets be real...18 year champion Lowry has no excuse for not calling a time out.

The fact that the refs are on their minds tells me that the knicks could go in there and take game three if they are focused,
put the game away early and keep their foot on their necks. This Philly team and their fan base are a bunch of whiners.
Our Knick team NEVER gave up. I didnt turn the game off but in my mind I was preparing for a 1-1 record going into to Philly.
Some Knick fans turned the game off. Elite players never give up and get it done. Winners get it done. Brunson shoots 26%
we still get it done. Randle goes down with a season ending injury we still finish with the 2nd seed.

We are watching something special. I really think if Randle comes back 100% healthy next year we are gonna be a problem for the rest of the league. The vibes are immaculate. All grit no quit no bullshyt. LFGK!
:beer: RIP mags
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,952

Post#1025 » by Capn'O » Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:54 pm

Context wrote:

Boom. Get the ball.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
GettinitDone
Head Coach
And1: 3,007

Post#1026 » by GettinitDone » Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:06 am

Read on Twitter

Look... Cam can still be a superst...
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,943

Post#1027 » by KnicksGod » Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:07 am

spree8 wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:Wait a second on this - if they're saying Maxey didn't have the control needed to call timeout (is that what they said or that Nurse was too late?) then why can't Hart touch him at all if it didn't really knock him over? Or maybe they're saying he did have possession but Nurse was too late.

If players vying for a ball can't bump each other slightly without the other guy falling down, you're encouraging flopping.

I can't even believe Bron commented on our game. Still hating I see.

Yea isn’t it kinda the same thing that happened with Lowry and Donte? They said Donte didn’t have possession (cuz Lowry smacked the ball loose in his face) so it wasn’t a foul… even Lowry’s smug ass was telling that to a fan saying the ball was loose so it’s not a foul. So why would it be a foul on Hart when basically the same thing happened with Maxey never really having full possession when Hart did make sleight contact?

I guess they’re saying Maxey had the ball before the bump. It’s not consistently applied and they are asking the players to hit the deck — just like Maxey and Lowry did — because then the refs take your word for it that it’s more than an incidental bump because there is no way to know. Even tho the player is lying.
KnixinSix
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,910

Post#1028 » by KnixinSix » Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:09 am

Jalen Bluntson wrote:
Context wrote:

Lets break it down:

We are watching something special. I really think if Randle comes back 100% healthy next year we are gonna be a problem for the rest of the league. The vibes are immaculate. All grit no quit no bullshyt. LFGK!

I wouldn't mind keeping Randle but feel like he is a goner . He is in the last year of his contract (team option for 26) and switching away from CAA was more than mere coincidence.
For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. 2nd Corinthians 4:6
Context
RealGM

Post#1029 » by Context » Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:10 am

3:59 Tyrese Maxey defensive rebound 92 94
3:49 Tyrese Maxey makes two point shot 94 94
3:49 Knicks Full timeout 94 94
3:32 Isaiah Hartenstein makes 8-foot two point shot (Jalen Brunson assists) 94 96
3:20 Miles McBride personal foul 94 96
3:09 Joel Embiid misses 25-foot three point jumper 94 96
3:07 Tobias Harris offensive rebound 94 96
3:03 Nicolas Batum misses 22-foot three point jumper 94 96
3:02 76ers offensive team rebound 94 96
3:01 Miles McBride loose ball foul 94 96
3:01 Kyle Lowry misses free throw 1 of 2 94 96
3:01 76ers offensive team rebound 94 96
3:01 Donte DiVincenzo enters the game for Miles McBride 94 96
3:01 Kyle Lowry makes free throw 2 of 2 95 96
2:40 Jalen Brunson misses 11-foot two point shot 95 96
2:38 76ers defensive team rebound 95 96
2:37 76ers Coach's Challenge 95 96
2:37 (02:37) [76ers] COACH'S CHALLENGE (CALL OVERTURNED) [76ers] retain their timeout 95 96

All of this talk...Knicks had the lead until 2:37...How about they blew the game Philly? :roll:
The bottom line is -YOU have to finish -just like you have to finish at the rim. Man up and Stop whining!!!!
LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren
Im Coming Home
RealGM
And1: 17,480

Post#1030 » by Im Coming Home » Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:17 am

Lost in all this. I watched the 2nd half over and Brunson started to figure it out, he was playing decoy, hitting iHart and others.

And then he was able to start getting some good looks in the 4th, good looks he normally makes 9 times out of 10 but was just missing them. He was able to get open which I hadn't seen all series so far prior to the 2nd half. I think he's slowly figuring out how to get his, but his shot was just off last night.
RGM Knicks BAF- Houston Rockets

PG: Cunningham | Suggs |
SG: Au Thompson | Rupert |
SF: Griffin | Reddish
PF: Avdija | Prince| Bertans
C: Lively II | Smith
GettinitDone
Head Coach
And1: 3,007

Post#1031 » by GettinitDone » Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:19 am

So we gon be posting Xs videos all the way til Game 3 :lol:

Read on Twitter

Deuce is one of most likeable athletes I've ever seen... he doesn't seek fame but is not fazed by it

Read on Twitter

This pic reminds me of Ellen Degeneres' Oscar famous selfie pic, so many stars
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,297

Post#1032 » by stuporman » Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:21 am

Lowry creates lower body contact on Brunson driving making him lose balance and causing the 'loose ball' in which he then proceeds to throw himself into Brunson's legs because he's dirty like that and that is 'incidental contact'.

Maxey pushing off on Hart is 'incidental contact' even though he intended to push him off which negates the notion of it being 'incidental'.

Yet with a ball loose in the air and no player having possession of it, the contact on the lower body of Maxey by Hart isn't 'incidental'?

It's totally the league placating the sensitive egos of the Sixers and their fan base that believed it was a foul but alas, they lost because they played soft, the 'sorry salt' won't heal the loss.
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
Context
RealGM

Post#1033 » by Context » Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:22 am

Im Coming Home wrote:Lost in all this. I watched the 2nd half over and Brunson started to figure it out, he was playing decoy, hitting iHart and others.

And then he was able to start getting some good looks in the 4th, good looks he normally makes 9 times out of 10 but was just missing them. He was able to get open which I hadn't seen all series so far prior to the 2nd half. I think he's slowly figuring out how to get his, but his shot was just off last night.

this is my hope....all Brunson has to do is let the offense come to him- play decoy and facilitate for others to score...
LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren
Context
RealGM

Post#1034 » by Context » Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:26 am

can we digress for a couple of seconds-look at this fool :lol:
Read on Twitter
LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 37,384

Post#1035 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:26 am

Monk1718 wrote:Image

Oof. He's going through it right now
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Context
RealGM

Post#1036 » by Context » Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:36 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
Monk1718 wrote:Image

Oof. He's going through it right now

I get why the organization is supporting Embiid playing...I even get the fan base to a degree...Most of them know deep down
in their their heart. The can not win a chip this year with Embiid's knee condition. Therefore, shut Embiid down and get him healthy
for next year. They are making an issue over no shot at winning a chip. Period.

WIth that said...Embiid actually believes this was worse than game 7 vs toronto?! :lol:

I'm confused Embiid...I dont know what to believe about you at this point...
LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,334

Post#1037 » by Jalen Bluntson » Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:39 am

KnixinSix wrote:
Jalen Bluntson wrote:
Context wrote:end of the day...this is a great conversation piece. But lets be real...18 year champion Lowry has no excuse for not calling a time out.

I wouldn't mind keeping Randle but feel like he is a goner . He is in the last year of his contract (team option for 26) and switching away from CAA was more than mere coincidence.

I won't pretend to know the financial motivations of these young men but, this is a winning situation. That month of January(and last night!) had to be the most fun any of these players has had in the NBA!! There is a winning spirit/mentality/chemistry that resonates from this group. They were playing peak level basketball together before the wheels fell off. We are a title contender as is 100% healthy. I don't think anyone in the locker room wants to leave this thing of ours.

I wouldn't be mad standing pat this summer with what's currently rumored to be available.
:beer: RIP mags
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,297

Post#1038 » by stuporman » Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:44 am

Trying to get past the second round is the Sixers and Embiid's chip and yet some laugh at Knicks fans for celebrating anything less than an actual title...oh the irony.
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,943

Post#1039 » by KnicksGod » Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:57 am

Maybe, also, they shade these reports toward the loser — Knicks always screwed by calls and then after they say Oh we messed up

Politics — throwing the loser a bone
NYKnickerbocker
RealGM
And1: 13,568

Post#1040 » by NYKnickerbocker » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:02 am

Credit to Embiid for going out there and playing injured. But I have no pity lol. If your on the floor that means your healthy enough and good to go. He’s damn mobile enough to keep getting his usual 12fts a game

If you can euro step or shoot a spinning turnaround jumper on a bad knee, you can move on D or box out to get a rebound lol

Return to New York Knicks