ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: NFL 24-25 Offseason Thread - Draft Day is upon us

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Ghetto Gospel
Veteran
And1: 2,648

Re: OT: NFL 24-25 Offseason Thread - Draft Day is upon us 

Post#161 » by Ghetto Gospel » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:28 pm

a day later and i'm still really happy about the nabers pick.

that said i was happy about the kayvon, evan neal and deonte banks picks at the time as well so yeah lmao
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,971

Post#162 » by mpharris36 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:35 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
GONYK wrote:All I know is that selecting a WR shows that Schoen and Daboll are not worried about their jobs.

They didn't feel any pressure to pick a QB just to arbitrarily extend their timeline.

We need to build a team and that requires stockpiling talent. We can draft our QB next offseason.

there has got to be a QB to draft...
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
TerrenceClarke
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,137

Post#163 » by TerrenceClarke » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:40 pm

Ghetto Gospel wrote:a day later and i'm still really happy about the nabers pick.

that said i was happy about the kayvon, evan neal and deonte banks picks at the time as well so yeah lmao

Schoen has been kinda ass in his evaluations but Nabers has been respected across the league as been elite so he has that going for him lol
Memphis Grizzlies AKA Wing Stop
Ghetto Gospel
Veteran

Post#164 » by Ghetto Gospel » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:58 pm

TerrenceClarke wrote:
Ghetto Gospel wrote:a day later and i'm still really happy about the nabers pick.

Schoen has been kinda ass in his evaluations but Nabers has been respected across the league as been elite so he has that going for him lol

yeah but so did kayvon and evan neal lol, **** happens. kayvon still might happen, it's over for evan neal though
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 37,450

Post#165 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:59 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
GONYK wrote:All I know is that selecting a WR shows that Schoen and Daboll are not worried about their jobs.

They didn't feel any pressure to pick a QB just to arbitrarily extend their timeline.

We need to build a team and that requires stockpiling talent. We can draft our QB next offseason.

Well, I mean, yeah that too :lol:

So I'm thinking we should go DB in Round 2 to get Tae's bookend corner buddy. Or maybe DT for depth?
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#166 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:01 pm

Ghetto Gospel wrote:
TerrenceClarke wrote:

yeah but so did kayvon and evan neal lol, **** happens. kayvon still might happen, it's over for evan neal though

I'm done with Neal until he proves otherwise.

Kayvon I believe in still.

Also, Banks imo was a great pick

Ghetto Gospel
Veteran

Post#167 » by Ghetto Gospel » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:05 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Ghetto Gospel wrote:
TerrenceClarke wrote:

yeah, banks has a chance. imo, schoen has "picked well" in terms of taking guys that are well regarded around the league and in draft circles for the most part. reality is though that the picks haven't panned out well yet. there's still some time and the guys are young so we'll see over this coming season, but the early returns haven't been great
Ghetto Gospel
Veteran

Post#168 » by Ghetto Gospel » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:06 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

So I'm thinking we should go DB in Round 2 to get Tae's bookend corner buddy. Or maybe DT for depth?

i think we have to go DB, i'm hoping for cooper or kool-aid, we could use a S too. we already have so much invested in the DL, i can't see us continuing to go there with so many other needs. technically we already spent our early 2nd on an edge with the burns trade
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#169 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:15 pm

Ghetto Gospel wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

i think we have to go DB, i'm hoping for cooper or kool-aid, we could use a S too. we already have so much invested in the DL, i can't see us continuing to go there with so many other needs. technically we already spent our early 2nd on an edge with the burns trade

Cooper can defend and return, the spirit of Jason Sehorn is strong with this one :lol:

DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,431

Post#170 » by DOT » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:17 pm

Well, Dan Orlovsky thinks y'all f*cked up not taking McCarthy, so that's probably a good sign lol
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#171 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:21 pm

Ghetto Gospel wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Ghetto Gospel wrote:

yeah, banks has a chance. imo, schoen has "picked well" in terms of taking guys that are well regarded around the league and in draft circles for the most part. reality is though that the picks haven't panned out well yet. there's still some time and the guys are young so we'll see over this coming season, but the early returns haven't been great

I think that Hyatt, Robinson, Bellinger and JMS are gonna develop well. Belton and Hawkins I'm not sure about.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#172 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:22 pm

DOT wrote:Well, Dan Orlovsky thinks y'all f*cked up not taking McCarthy, so that's probably a good sign lol

I'm relieved.

DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,431

Post#173 » by DOT » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:38 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
DOT wrote:Well, Dan Orlovsky thinks y'all f*cked up not taking McCarthy, so that's probably a good sign lol

I'm relieved.

Honestly, even if McCarthy works out for Minnesota, I really don't think he'd have good odds with y'all, no offense

He definitely needs a place which has a good line and weapons, not whatever you have going on

And I know people always say "oh just sit him a year" like it's a magic bullet, but I think some guys need to play, not just sit

I think this is a good deal for everyone, you guys get an elite WR prospect and push back the QB decision for 1 more year so if you do draft one next year, you don't have to worry about cutting Jones and having a ton of dead cap neutralizing the benefit of cheap rookie deal QB play like the Falcons are gonna with Penix/Cousins

It's way too soon to be projecting QBs in 2025, so we'll have to see how that goes. I definitely would pick up a developmental guy in the later rounds, but as I've been saying for months, y'all just need to take whoever's BPA cause you need talent more than anything.
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
Ghetto Gospel
Veteran

Post#174 » by Ghetto Gospel » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:09 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Ghetto Gospel wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

I think that Hyatt, Robinson, Bellinger and JMS are gonna develop well. Belton and Hawkins I'm not sure about.

i think hyatt and robinson will be alright and have a place in the league. i'm just wondering whether or not the guys we drafted will be above average starters in the league, which is the caliber of players we need to be back in the playoffs.

i think JMS has the best shot of that group of 6 to be that. hyatt and robinson feel more situational deep ball (MVS) and slot possession (cole beasley) kind of guys.
Ghetto Gospel
Veteran

Post#175 » by Ghetto Gospel » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:12 pm

DOT wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

I'm relieved.

Honestly, even if McCarthy works out for Minnesota, I really don't think he'd have good odds with y'all, no offense

He definitely needs a place which has a good line and weapons, not whatever you have going on

And I know people always say "oh just sit him a year" like it's a magic bullet, but I think some guys need to play, not just sit

I think this is a good deal for everyone, you guys get an elite WR prospect and push back the QB decision for 1 more year so if you do draft one next year, you don't have to worry about cutting Jones and having a ton of dead cap neutralizing the benefit of cheap rookie deal QB play like the Falcons are gonna with Penix/Cousins

It's way too soon to be projecting QBs in 2025, so we'll have to see how that goes. I definitely would pick up a developmental guy in the later rounds, but as I've been saying for months, y'all just need to take whoever's BPA cause you need talent more than anything.

i think any QB we draft next year could actually have a chance to be successful with nabers so i'm pleased.

i don't even really want a developmental QB in the later rounds. it feels like a waste of a pick when in all likelihood we'll be taking a QB in the 1st round in 2025 or 2026.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#176 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:42 pm

DOT wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

I'm relieved.

No offense taken, it's the truth: this is not a viable situation for a rookie QB, especially one who isn't a Day 1 starter talent. It's not like we had a shot at the next Joe Burrow.

Talent matters more than need at this stage. Improve the trenches, get offensive weapons, and then bring in a QB on a cheap deal.

I'm in no rush. This isn't a one off-season fix.

mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#177 » by mpharris36 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:44 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

yes a CB, DL, or a RB (I know they like Benson a lot).

ROSTER

mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#178 » by mpharris36 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:45 pm

ROSTER

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#179 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:45 pm

Ghetto Gospel wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Ghetto Gospel wrote:

i think hyatt and robinson will be alright and have a place in the league. i'm just wondering whether or not the guys we drafted will be above average starters in the league, which is the caliber of players we need to be back in the playoffs.

i think JMS has the best shot of that group of 6 to be that. hyatt and robinson feel more situational deep ball (MVS) and slot possession (cole beasley) kind of guys.

I think JMS has the highest upside position wise.

Adding an elite talent like Nabers will open up a lot of opportunities for Robinson and Hyatt. I think we've got the basis for a dangerous WR room in the future.

What's your opinion on Bellinger? Especially with Waller looking like he's going off the rails

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#180 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:46 pm

mpharris36 wrote:

:o

Someone needs to send this to Pat McAfee :lol:

Return to New York Knicks