ImageImageImageImageImage

post game : embiid great but he's a bitch

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Nyk88
Bench Warmer
And1: 178

Re: post game : embiid great but he's a bitch 

Post#341 » by Nyk88 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:35 pm

The FT disparity was crazy.

Brunson got 6 FTs in the last 2:11 of the game. To me that was all about the last 2 minute report. 6ers didn’t play him any different, what was the difference other than the L2M report microscope?

4 FTs to obvious a blatant flagrant fouls.

Take those away we had 9 FTs in the first 46 min.

Yeah, we knew what this was going to be before it was. Flawless 3rd for the 6ers. Let’s get Sunday and send them packing Tuesday.
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 44,586

Post#342 » by DaGawd » Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:41 pm

F N 11 wrote:Sounds like bitching but it’s not. Again, why do sixers get 2 days in between their home games?

we need it at the moment so i’m not mad about it.. hopefully gives mitch time to heal up and be ready
BaF
Washington Wizards
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 62,006

Post#343 » by F N 11 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:45 pm

KnicksGod wrote:
TheGreenArrow wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=W09F6FrMDfp5_y1gKYgF1g

It's not a basketball play. It's the same as tripping a guy at halfcourt who is on a breakaway

What does not excessive mean? He grabbed his leg but not that much

Not only did he pull him, he pushed him off him.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 44,586

Post#344 » by DaGawd » Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:47 pm

aromeoj wrote:So everyone must move on...The NBA did what they did to make sure there is nothing to complain about from the Sixers perspective moving forward. They felt they got robbed in game 2. The dirty stuff from embiid will continue. The refs will have to call it all at some point.

Regardless we are going to get to work on Sunday at 1PM matinee game and we will be ready. Refs will adjust because the NBA will tell them too - all of this is too glaring at this point.

I have my tickets for game 5 and am ready to lose my voice. Jam Done!

i’m on the sunday 1pm crew.. making sure we take over philly the same way we did game 3
BaF
Washington Wizards
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,550

Post#345 » by thebuzzardman » Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:48 pm

Jstock12 wrote:I'm glad people are finally seeing the light. Embiid is a foul merchant. Granted, one of the best to ever do it.

Much like Giannis, he feels to me like a completely manufactured superstar. They both play by completely different rules than anyone else. Offensive fouls not getting called, ball carrying on every possession not getting called, flopping getting rewarded every single time.

A lot of fans on here don't realize that Embiid is a foul merchant as they aren't true NBA cognoscenti, watching only Knick games.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,550

Post#346 » by thebuzzardman » Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:50 pm

Fat Kat wrote:We need someone with a history of success to make the next game thread. Let’s get another streak going.

*loosens up fingers*

:D
Jstock12
RealGM
And1: 17,291

Post#347 » by Jstock12 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:58 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
Jstock12 wrote:I'm glad people are finally seeing the light. Embiid is a foul merchant. Granted, one of the best to ever do it.

Much like Giannis, he feels to me like a completely manufactured superstar. They both play by completely different rules than anyone else. Offensive fouls not getting called, ball carrying on every possession not getting called, flopping getting rewarded every single time.

A lot of fans on here don't realize that Embiid is a foul merchant as they aren't true NBA cognoscenti, watching only Knick games.

Some of them even claiming Embiid is on Jokic's level. Which is frankly just laughable.
kNicksGmen
Analyst
And1: 492

Post#348 » by kNicksGmen » Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:00 pm

sol537 wrote:DDV was utter trash today. Wow.

IHart has to stay out of foul trouble at all costs

he had some bad plays and missed some open 3s that would have really helped. trash is a bit extreme though.
FrozenEnvelope
Veteran
And1: 3,536

Post#349 » by FrozenEnvelope » Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:03 pm

Losing sucks but we weren't going to sweep. And you kind of knew and expected there would be a game where the refs gave Embiid every call and he would end up shooting more free throws himself then us as a whole. But I did not expect and know Embiid was such a dirt bag and punk bitch. Shame on that officiating crew for not throwing him out! Not that I was surprised. Let's be real they aren't going to throw out a cash cow at home unless he was involved in a fight. But that was complete bull and Embiid lost a lot of respect. I cannot even give him kudos for the game he had (and he had a crazy legendary shooting game) but it will be sweet to see his face and see him cry after we send him packing on vacation in about a week.

We are fine though and had some good signs coming out of this game. Brunson is back, Achiuwa can give us some solid minutes if Mitch cannot go for a few games and Hart continues to hit the 3pt ball. We need to close out better on guys like Payne and Oubre. Divo and Bogs need to contribute more then 10 points combined. Protect the Garden, get one in Philly and we will move on.
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,627

Post#350 » by RHODEY » Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:19 pm

FrozenEnvelope wrote:Losing sucks but we weren't going to sweep. And you kind of knew and expected there would be a game where the refs gave Embiid every call and he would end up shooting more free throws himself then us as a whole. But I did not expect and know Embiid was such a dirt bag and punk bitch. Shame on that officiating crew for not throwing him out! Not that I was surprised. Let's be real they aren't going to throw out a cash cow at home unless he was involved in a fight. But that was complete bull and Embiid lost a lot of respect. I cannot even give him kudos for the game he had (and he had a crazy legendary shooting game) but it will be sweet to see his face and see him cry after we send him packing on vacation in about a week.

We are fine though and had some good signs coming out of this game. Brunson is back, Achiuwa can give us some solid minutes if Mitch cannot go for a few games and Hart continues to hit the 3pt ball. We need to close out better on guys like Payne and Oubre. Divo and Bogs need to contribute more then 10 points combined. Protect the Garden, get one in Philly and we will move on.

But if they are going to allow dirty play to this level and gift an MVP with bonus points and we are missing Mitch.....that's a hell of lot to overcome.
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,546

Post#351 » by KnicksGadfly » Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:19 pm

I think losing Mitch hurt a lot versus Embiid. He’s not on Joel’s level but he makes him work, especially because Joel is not healthy. He had 7 rebounds in his 13 minutes.

Biggest issue is still the refs gifting Embiid 21 free throws
Mickey8
Head Coach
And1: 5,193

Post#352 » by Mickey8 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:22 pm

If I am the Knick's coach I would go for Embiid's knee next game, knee for the knee. I never seen the player in one game attempting to take another player out by physically harming him multiple times until he succeeded. He did it on purpose because Mitchell have owned him defensively in the first two games and he knew Mitchell was already hurt. Embiid should be suspended multiple games yet he was awarded by 20 free throws in the game and half of them were made up calls. The league said they are cleaning the game yet that rule is not applied to Embiid, the league still have fascination for him, they are still awarding him for the foul baiting, its pathetic.
bronxknicksfan1
Veteran
And1: 1,480

Post#353 » by bronxknicksfan1 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:23 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
bronxknicksfan1 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:They either don’t watch basketball outside of the Knicks or theyre being homers of the Knicks.

It’s funny cause something similar happened in BAF this week. I finished as the 8th seed and knocked out the 1st seed in the first round. The GM of the 1st seed was being pretty cocky and telling his opps in the threads to get ready for the second round while completely overlooking my team. I beat his team in 6 games and pretty much everyone is calling him out for being cocky and not respecting his opponent. It’s been fun to read lol

So seeing the Sixers in the 2nd round would’ve been a better option than seeing them when they’re most vulnerable? Embiid had a great game, props to him. But he isn’t dropping 50 every game. And the Sixers aren’t going to make 10+ 3s in a quarter again. We were in it until that anomaly of a 3rd quarter. And even then, there were moments it was within reach.

Also, dropping to 3rd or 4th seed wasn’t going to make it better for us. Pacers and Magic were tough matchups for us all year. Pacers just got a game on the road against the Bucks and the Magic just curb stomped the Cavs today.

Embiid is capable of going off any game. That’s how good he is. He’s a mvp player. And now he’s trying to injure our players on purpose. I’m not sure how anyone can watch the game last night and still think playing the Sixers is better than playing the pacers.

The pacers are playing the bucks who don’t have Giannis and are being coached by doc rivers. The Sixers are easily a worse matchup than the pacers for us.

We won every quarter except the anomaly 3rd quarter that they hit 9 3s and Embiid hit 5/7 3s. How many times in his career has Embiid done that? Last night was called much differently than the 1st 2 games as well. Doubt they’ll be gifting him that many calls after the way he acted in game 3. That’s just making the NBA look bad rn.

I’m still fine with this matchup for us. We still have a 2-1 lead. Onto game 4.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,981

Post#354 » by Capn'O » Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:32 pm

Just thought of something. You know who would have retaliated? Randle.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
GettinitDone
Head Coach
And1: 3,009

Post#355 » by GettinitDone » Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:35 pm

Read on Twitter

Ban Embiid for Game 4!!!
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 120,059

Post#356 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:40 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:We knew he was when he campaigned for his MVP last year (which he shouldn't have gotten). It was pretty shameless.

He’s a dirty player for sure but he still played like an MVP nonetheless

Spoiler:
I hope we trade for him to see your reaction :D

Thanks for constantly repeating it. No one could possibly know that Embiid is a good player.

Your welcome. Do you need me to repeat again fam? :D
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
duetta
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,649

Post#357 » by duetta » Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:52 pm

KnicksGadfly wrote:I think losing Mitch hurt a lot versus Embiid. He’s not on Joel’s level but he makes him work, especially because Joel is not healthy. He had 7 rebounds in his 13 minutes.

Biggest issue is still the refs gifting Embiid 21 free throws

Mitch was just rounding into shape, into a potential All-NBA Defensive team type player.

I want someone to take out Embiid at the knees so that he doesn't play for a while.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,786

Post#358 » by Clyde_Style » Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:53 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:

Word. Bunch of homer casuals
ImageImageImage
Reign23
RealGM
And1: 11,133

Post#359 » by Reign23 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:56 pm

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
HerSports85 wrote:
Read on Twitter

I don't like tweets like this, cause we're talking about a guy that had 70 this year and when he was healthy was scoring more than a point per minute. This isn't out of the norm for Embiid, and they need to be ready next game rather than just saying things like that.

yep. 50 in the playoffs with this shooting might be a little flukey tho.
but Josh Hart averaging 21 PPG on 52% from three on 7.7 3FGA is too. :lol:
formerly known as knickst4pe
Reign23
RealGM
And1: 11,133

Post#360 » by Reign23 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:59 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
Im Coming Home wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:Embiid had dirty plays but he still destroyed everyone that guarded him and that includes Mitch . If Embiid is playing like he’s near 100% like tonight it will be difficult to beat them.

He's never gonna shoot like that from 3 again, and neither is the rest of that team. They won because of that hot 3rd quarter, despite everything else being gifted to them as well.

The guy won MVP for a reason. It’s not surprising he had a game like this. This is why some of us warned you guys about this but y’all kept ignoring it thinking we were gonna sweep them.

we still might win the series, but now I hate this last day of the regular season even more than I did anyway.
formerly known as knickst4pe

Return to New York Knicks