ImageImageImageImageImage

post game : embiid great but he's a bitch

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Wildcat
RealGM
And1: 1,683

Re: post game : embiid great but he's a bitch 

Post#381 » by Wildcat » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:54 pm

RHODEY wrote:
Hes_On_Fire wrote:Personally I think Precious might be a better fit right now.

Yes, Mitchell played great the first game but he’s still a lumbering big man. Precious is quicker and more versatile. Plus I thought he played Embiid decently.

Yes you could be right. Precious got those quick hands and feet.

The way the refs were calling it for Joel yesterday, Precious would have more fouls than points and rebounds combined.
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 41,631

Post#382 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:55 pm

sol537 wrote:Mitch should have rolled to the ground and held his ankle and smacked the ground… woulda forced the refs to make an ejection… you know Lowry and Embiid woulda done that

I think he got hurt on the play not where Embiid grabbed him but when Embiid flopped and rolled over his foot which forced his shoe to come off. He grabbed his ankle then but it was just a play on from the refs.
Futureisnow
Head Coach
And1: 1,282

Post#383 » by Futureisnow » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:55 pm

Fat Kat wrote:
Sometimes you have to force a reaction. I think if there was a melee following Embiid’s dirty play, he would’ve probably been kicked out. It would’ve required someone like Mitch getting a technical, but an equal response was necessary. Can’t let a team get away with dirty play.

If Mitch had stayed down and was writhing in pain holding his ankle immediately after the "foul," that might have pushed the Refs to hold Embid accountable...maybe. But because he got up and confronted Embid about it I think they were more comfortable going with the flagrant 1. Not at all a fan of flopping or selling an injury as if this is the WWE, but in that instance it probably would've forced the league to act.

Then again, homie was out there kneeing people in the groin and knocking people over with his behind (pause?) right in front of the refs after he injured Mitch so who knows.
Guano
RealGM
And1: 41,371

Post#384 » by Guano » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:56 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
bronxknicksfan1 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:They either don’t watch basketball outside of the Knicks or theyre being homers of the Knicks.

It’s funny cause something similar happened in BAF this week. I finished as the 8th seed and knocked out the 1st seed in the first round. The GM of the 1st seed was being pretty cocky and telling his opps in the threads to get ready for the second round while completely overlooking my team. I beat his team in 6 games and pretty much everyone is calling him out for being cocky and not respecting his opponent. It’s been fun to read lol

So seeing the Sixers in the 2nd round would’ve been a better option than seeing them when they’re most vulnerable? Embiid had a great game, props to him. But he isn’t dropping 50 every game. And the Sixers aren’t going to make 10+ 3s in a quarter again. We were in it until that anomaly of a 3rd quarter. And even then, there were moments it was within reach.

Also, dropping to 3rd or 4th seed wasn’t going to make it better for us. Pacers and Magic were tough matchups for us all year. Pacers just got a game on the road against the Bucks and the Magic just curb stomped the Cavs today.

Embiid is capable of going off any game. That’s how good he is. He’s a mvp player. And now he’s trying to injure our players on purpose. I’m not sure how anyone can watch the game last night and still think playing the Sixers is better than playing the pacers.

The pacers are playing the bucks who don’t have Giannis and are being coached by doc rivers. The Sixers are easily a worse matchup than the pacers for us.

I know your angle is to clown on the fans here that don't agree that the pacers are an easier match up. but the reality is that in no universe is thibs going to throw a game for an easier match up.
Chanel Bomber wrote:This board really is full of bad people.
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 44,667

Post#385 » by DaGawd » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:57 pm

i think we should try hard trapping embiid on his catches a bit more. throw some different looks other than 1 on 1 coverage at him. we’re gonna get cooked trying to single coverage him
BaF
Washington Wizards
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM

Post#386 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:00 pm

Guano wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
bronxknicksfan1 wrote:
So seeing the Sixers in the 2nd round would’ve been a better option than seeing them when they’re most vulnerable? Embiid had a great game, props to him. But he isn’t dropping 50 every game. And the Sixers aren’t going to make 10+ 3s in a quarter again. We were in it until that anomaly of a 3rd quarter. And even then, there were moments it was within reach.

Also, dropping to 3rd or 4th seed wasn’t going to make it better for us. Pacers and Magic were tough matchups for us all year. Pacers just got a game on the road against the Bucks and the Magic just curb stomped the Cavs today.

Embiid is capable of going off any game. That’s how good he is. He’s a mvp player. And now he’s trying to injure our players on purpose. I’m not sure how anyone can watch the game last night and still think playing the Sixers is better than playing the pacers.

The pacers are playing the bucks who don’t have Giannis and are being coached by doc rivers. The Sixers are easily a worse matchup than the pacers for us.

I know your angle is to clown on the fans here that don't agree that the pacers are an easier match up. but the reality is that in no universe is thibs going to throw a game for an easier match up.

Everyone applauded the Lakers for "wanting that smoke" against the Nuggets and now their village is engulfed in flames. Sometimes the smartest thing to do is take the better matchup and they should have lost to the Pels to get the 8th seed. We could be down a center and it looked like Embiid was more mobile than the first 2 games, also we cannot stop Maxey, like at all.
Guano
RealGM

Post#387 » by Guano » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:02 pm

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
Guano wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:Embiid is capable of going off any game. That’s how good he is. He’s a mvp player. And now he’s trying to injure our players on purpose. I’m not sure how anyone can watch the game last night and still think playing the Sixers is better than playing the pacers.

Everyone applauded the Lakers for "wanting that smoke" against the Nuggets and now their village is engulfed in flames. Sometimes the smartest thing to do is take the better matchup and they should have lost to the Pels to get the 8th seed. We could be down a center and it looked like Embiid was more mobile than the first 2 games, also we cannot stop Maxey, like at all.

wouldn't we ended up facing the 6ers in the 2nd round anyways - so what are we really doing here other than prolonging the inevitable.
Wildcat
RealGM
And1: 1,683

Post#388 » by Wildcat » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:04 pm

DaGawd wrote:i think we should try hard trapping embiid on his catches a bit more. throw some different looks other than 1 on 1 coverage at him. we’re gonna get cooked trying to single coverage him

The gameplan is to let him (and Maxey) cook and take everyone else out. It's working. I don't think Thibs is going to change that up. It took a microwave 3rd quarter for the 76ers to put some separation. Knicks also can't let a scrub like Payne go off like that. Those are the 2 most glaring things the Knicks could work on.
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,683

Post#389 » by Deeeez Knicks » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:11 pm

Guano wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
Guano wrote:

wouldn't we ended up facing the 6ers in the 2nd round anyways - so what are we really doing here other than prolonging the inevitable.

The advantage is guaranteeing home court for the first 2 rounds. There has been some serious home cooking in the playoffs so far. It's a big advantage.
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
NoStatsGuy
Analyst
And1: 1,438

Post#390 » by NoStatsGuy » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:14 pm

i havent paid much attention to thibs yet. but can we maybe blame him on not standing up properly and make a point to the refs? like getting a tech and yell at them really loud?

coaches do this type of thing in the playoffs usually
im bout dat action boss
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 120,130

Post#391 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:15 pm

bronxknicksfan1 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
bronxknicksfan1 wrote:

We won every quarter except the anomaly 3rd quarter that they hit 9 3s and Embiid hit 5/7 3s. How many times in his career has Embiid done that? Last night was called much differently than the 1st 2 games as well. Doubt they’ll be gifting him that many calls after the way he acted in game 3. That’s just making the NBA look bad rn.

I’m still fine with this matchup for us. We still have a 2-1 lead. Onto game 4.

All I know is that if Embiid is near 100% it’s going to be pretty difficult. Idk if we will win or lose. Hopefully we can pull it off
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#392 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:16 pm

Capn'O wrote:
Dirk wrote:
Capn'O wrote:Just thought of something. You know who would have retaliated? Randle.

Is Embiid still Melo's favorite non-Knick?

Apparently :nonono:

I guess I’m not a Tatum fan anymore guys
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Guano
RealGM

Post#393 » by Guano » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:18 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:
Guano wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:

The advantage is guaranteeing home court for the first 2 rounds. There has been some serious home cooking in the playoffs so far. It's a big advantage.

also i'll feel better about losing to the 6ers and their mvp candidate than hali and the pacers. which also allows green arrow to continue on his hali hate crusade. melo can't see there are levels to this but there are many things melo can't see - like his feet.
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM

Post#394 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:19 pm

Guano wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
Guano wrote:

You want to face Embiid later rather than sooner, he has a history of just burning out and running out of steam later. He's fresher now than he'll be later on.
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#395 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:20 pm

Reign23 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Im Coming Home wrote:He's never gonna shoot like that from 3 again, and neither is the rest of that team. They won because of that hot 3rd quarter, despite everything else being gifted to them as well.

The guy won MVP for a reason. It’s not surprising he had a game like this. This is why some of us warned you guys about this but y’all kept ignoring it thinking we were gonna sweep them.

we still might win the series, but now I hate this last day of the regular season even more than I did anyway.

Yeah it would’ve been wiser to tank that last day. Oh well.
Guano
RealGM

Post#396 » by Guano » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:20 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
bronxknicksfan1 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:Embiid is capable of going off any game. That’s how good he is. He’s a mvp player. And now he’s trying to injure our players on purpose. I’m not sure how anyone can watch the game last night and still think playing the Sixers is better than playing the pacers.

We won every quarter except the anomaly 3rd quarter that they hit 9 3s and Embiid hit 5/7 3s. How many times in his career has Embiid done that? Last night was called much differently than the 1st 2 games as well. Doubt they’ll be gifting him that many calls after the way he acted in game 3. That’s just making the NBA look bad rn.

I’m still fine with this matchup for us. We still have a 2-1 lead. Onto game 4.

All I know is that if Embiid is near 100% it’s going to be pretty difficult. Idk if we will win or lose. Hopefully we can pull it off

we're fortunate to not be down 1-2 right now.
Guano
RealGM

Post#397 » by Guano » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:22 pm

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
Guano wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:

You want to face Embiid later rather than sooner, he has a history of just burning out and running out of steam later. He's fresher now than he'll be later on.

I get it but at that point we've lost hc advantage, eh. I can see the advantages and disadvantages of both sides.

but the point that stands out the most is that under no circumstances is thibs throwing a game for a "favorable" match up. he isn't built like that.
Context
RealGM
And1: 13,188

Post#398 » by Context » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:24 pm

Capn'O wrote:I'm not saying I condone violence but if we had thrown hands Embiid would have been tossed too.

What he did was unforgivable and then he's gifted those free throws as a consequence. Disgusting.

I call him DIRTBIID now Cap...
LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren
bronxknicksfan1
Veteran
And1: 1,482

Post#399 » by bronxknicksfan1 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:24 pm

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
Guano wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:

He was running out of steam in the 1st 2 games. How many games do you expect him to make it through 40 mins without running on fumes?
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 44,667

Post#400 » by DaGawd » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:26 pm

Guano wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
Guano wrote:

I get it but at that point we've lost hc advantage, eh. I can see the advantages and disadvantages of both sides.

but the point that stands out the most is that under no circumstances is thibs throwing a game for a "favorable" match up. he isn't built like that.

i’m also of the mindset you have to beat these mfers eventually any way if you have championship aspirations. securing home court and being confident in your teams ability is always the right move imo
BaF
Washington Wizards

Return to New York Knicks