ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: New York Knicks (2-1) vs. Philadelphia 76ers (1-2) Sunday, April 28th 1:00pm EST

Moderators: j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O

Context
RealGM
And1: 13,986

Re: PG: New York Knicks (2-1) vs. Philadelphia 76ers (1-2) Sunday, April 28th 1:00pm EST 

Post#561 » by Context » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:01 am

Capn'O wrote:
Context wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
This guy is a champion.

Cap my brother...
When I realized he was Rick Brunson's son- and Jalen spent time around Ewing, Spree, etc...
I knew he was the choosen one.

As I spent more time getting to know his game and make up- that was just a bonus.

This is why Knick fans need to throw away ALL BEEFS -(for whatever the reason) with fellow Knick fans- I dont think
we will be that fortunate this year but I believe the chip is coming and we need to STICK TOGETHER!

If we had Randle I'd be more confident that we had a shot but Jokic is a seriously formidable foe and if anyone beats them that means they are mentally strong too. We definitely have a mental edge but at a certain point the talent gap is likely too much but who knows.

We are missing so many guys...and I watched that Denver team against the lakers- the lakers had double diget leads in everysingle game and Denver came back and won all except for the close out in LA. We would also have to go into mile high Denver and gut out
two wins...Cant see how...
LaMelo/J-Green
S.Barnes/Jaden-Mc
Herbert-J/Kyle
JarenJjr/Portis
B.Lopez/Duren
X-Man Cometh
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,177

Re: PG: New York Knicks (2-1) vs. Philadelphia 76ers (1-2) Sunday, April 28th 1:00pm EST 

Post#562 » by X-Man Cometh » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:03 am

What surprises me most about this team is how resilient they are.

As fans, we’re so accustomed to teams just folding under pressure and some fake-hustle, but these guys are different.

They simply don’t quit, they stay composed and seem to really believe that they can win no matter the circumstances.

They’re making us believers too. I’m just glad we’re here for the ride.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 62,238

Post#563 » by Clyde_Style » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:03 am

KnicksGadfly wrote:
NYKnickerbocker wrote:
KnicksGadfly wrote:
Nah, he gave us good minutes against Miami last year. I appreciate him being hobbled last year and still making a strong stand against Butler.

Just unfortunate what happened this year. Wish it could have worked out.

Nah he was always a mess offensively outside of spot up shooting. Duece pretty much does everything grimes tried to do at a pretty high clip

That’s untrue. Now this year, yes, he was a big mess and he also got himself benched.

But last year, he was pretty good with quick decision making off passes when someone penetrated. The hope was probably that Grimes would remain that player. Good 3 point shooter, able to make plays when Brunson broke down the defense, and great defender. There are articles about this - if you want, I can dredge it up.

Still, I remember this play very vividly against Miami. Late moments, Grimes is hurt (does not get a call cause he’s not Embiid), and effin Butler knows this and isos against him. At this point, I was **** my pants.

This year…yea, he deserves some blame. He’s gotta rebuild himself too, in Detroit, which isn’t easy. But the Knicks had a tough rotation for everyone at that point. Josh Hart was complaining at the beginning of the year too

That play by Grimes is one of the greatest single plays in Knicks history. He was a quality piece last year. Something happened and he went off the rails. Wish him all the best, but sometimes you have to let go and move on which the Knicks did
ImageImageImage
Im Coming Home
RealGM
And1: 17,928

Post#564 » by Im Coming Home » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:04 am

robillionaire wrote:
Im Coming Home wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:.

Bro I gotta ask you since you probably have a lot of history, what the hell is Hello Brooklyn's delusions, he's sitting there on the GB arguing that there is 'plenty of Nets fans' and trying to convince people who literally live in NYC that theres tons of Nets fans in NYC despite all of us knowing thats not true, and claiming Knicks are all bandwagon fans meanwhile we ride or die for life with this team and no true Knicks fan would ever switch. :lol: :lol:

best to just ignore people who are this delulu and not feed into the attention craving

yeah you're right.. but easier said than done, especially when I know I have the upperhand and the other person just looks like an idiot but keeps responding..
RGM Knicks BAF- Houston Rockets

PG: Cunningham | Suggs |
SG: Au Thompson | Rupert |
SF: Griffin | Reddish
PF: Avdija | Prince| Bertans
C: Lively II | Smith
Monk1718
RealGM
And1: 18,880

Post#565 » by Monk1718 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:04 am

X-Man Cometh wrote:What surprises me most about this team is how resilient they are.

As fans, we’re so accustomed to teams just folding under pressure and some fake-hustle, but these guys are different.

They simply don’t quit, they stay composed and seem to really believe that they can win no matter the circumstances.

The PTSD is real
NYKnickerbocker
RealGM
And1: 13,598

Post#566 » by NYKnickerbocker » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:04 am

KnicksGadfly wrote:
NYKnickerbocker wrote:
KnicksGadfly wrote:
Nah, he gave us good minutes against Miami last year. I appreciate him being hobbled last year and still making a strong stand against Butler.

Just unfortunate what happened this year. Wish it could have worked out.

Nah he was always a mess offensively outside of spot up shooting. Duece pretty much does everything grimes tried to do at a pretty high clip

That’s untrue. Now this year, yes, he was a big mess and he also got himself benched.

But last year, he was pretty good with quick decision making off passes when someone penetrated. The hope was probably that Grimes would remain that player. Good 3 point shooter, able to make plays when Brunson broke down the defense, and great defender. There are articles about this - if you want, I can dredge it up.

Still, I remember this play very vividly against Miami. Late moments, Grimes is hurt (does not get a call cause he’s not Embiid), and effin Butler knows this and isos against him. At this point, I was **** my pants.

This year…yea, he deserves some blame. He’s gotta rebuild himself too, in Detroit, which isn’t easy. But the Knicks had a tough rotation for everyone at that point. Josh Hart was complaining at the beginning of the year too

idk I remember him bricking the majority of his pull mids. He had a great run last season with his playmaking out of the catch and shoot/drive. But even that was inconsistent this year along with his shot. Never had anything bad to say about him defensively, he had dog in him on that side of the court
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#567 » by Clyde_Style » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:04 am

Watching the game back now

OG had a sensational game. Guy is a damn stud
ImageImageImage
aggo
RealGM
And1: 6,323

Post#568 » by aggo » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:07 am

Read on Twitter
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,887

Post#569 » by KnicksGadfly » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:07 am

Clyde_Style wrote:
KnicksGadfly wrote:
NYKnickerbocker wrote:Nah he was always a mess offensively outside of spot up shooting. Duece pretty much does everything grimes tried to do at a pretty high clip

That play by Grimes is one of the greatest single plays in Knicks history. He was a quality piece last year. Something happened and he went off the rails. Wish him all the best, but sometimes you have to let go and move on which the Knicks did

Yep. I think this is a fair way to look at it. Tbh when he got moved, I wasn’t really that heartbroken. Just the narrative getting sent out about Grimes being mentally weak bothered me.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#570 » by Clyde_Style » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:09 am

Im Coming Home wrote:
robillionaire wrote:
Im Coming Home wrote:Bro I gotta ask you since you probably have a lot of history, what the hell is Hello Brooklyn's delusions, he's sitting there on the GB arguing that there is 'plenty of Nets fans' and trying to convince people who literally live in NYC that theres tons of Nets fans in NYC despite all of us knowing thats not true, and claiming Knicks are all bandwagon fans meanwhile we ride or die for life with this team and no true Knicks fan would ever switch. :lol: :lol:

best to just ignore people who are this delulu and not feed into the attention craving

yeah you're right.. but easier said than done, especially when I know I have the upperhand and the other person just looks like an idiot but keeps responding..

NYC is Knicks territory

The NJ Nets made it to the finals and nobody cared

A truly sublime pure joy to watch player in Julius Erving played on the Long Island Nets in the ABA and Knicks fans didn't care

The Brooklyn Nets could make it to the finals and New Yorkers wouldn't really care

Noah's Ark will come and go and leave NYC 10 feet underwater and New York would still be a Knicks town
ImageImageImage
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Re: PG: Knicks vs Philly Game 4 

Post#571 » by Clyde_Style » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:11 am

RHODEY wrote:
Im Coming Home wrote:Just watched back the Embiid elbow to Brunson, after Brunson says something, he pretends he doesn't even know what Brunson is talking about. F*cking bitch, if you're gonna play dirty at least own up to that sh*t.
Honestly after a dirty cheap shot isn't exactly congruent. :D

Like taking vitamins after eating a pint of cherry garcia
ImageImageImage
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#572 » by Clyde_Style » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:14 am

aggo wrote:
Read on Twitter

LOL they know it's over

Everyone knows except Flippy McEyeface
ImageImageImage
X-Man Cometh
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,177

Post#573 » by X-Man Cometh » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:16 am

Monk1718 wrote:
X-Man Cometh wrote:What surprises me most about this team is how resilient they are.

The PTSD is real

I remember that bitch Tyson Chandler with the damn flu and everybody just forgetting how to play basketball, leaving Melo alone. And Melo was quite frustrating to watch sometimes too.

Combine that with Randle’s playoff performances and you’re probably right. :D
Monk1718
RealGM
And1: 18,880

Post#574 » by Monk1718 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:16 am

aggo wrote:
Read on Twitter

Dude pointing at his Knicks at the very end :lol:
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 39,410

Post#575 » by KnicksGod » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:16 am

Clyde_Style wrote:
aggo wrote:
Read on Twitter

LOL they know it's over

Not over. Games all close and they win one and send it back to the F*** Embiid Center
TKKnicks1
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,181

Post#576 » by TKKnicks1 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:18 am

If Bogs was younger I think he would be back next game but 35 year old bodies just don't heal the same. Bogs was playing hard on both ends of the floor and kept the Sixers guessing. I hope he will be back.
~I Believe!~
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#577 » by Clyde_Style » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:19 am

I'm in no way a Richard Jefferson fan. I have found him annoying in the past.

However, while watching this game back he was very fair and even-handed towards the Knicks. It surprised me
ImageImageImage
KnixtapeH20
RealGM
And1: 16,212

Re: PG: Knicks vs Philly Game 4 

Post#578 » by KnixtapeH20 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:20 am

HerSports85 wrote:lol oh Brunson, drop Fiddy on his head next game since he wants to keep talking.
Read on Twitter

Does anyone on that **** organization have any type of class or common sense when public speaking? Just a bunch of punks
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,887

Post#579 » by KnicksGadfly » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:20 am

There's such a huge difference between how Embiid and Brunson deal with adversity.

One dude goes all out trying to injure people, relies on the refs to get 20 free throws, and has his FO and coach crying too.

The other guy just dominates the other team.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#580 » by Clyde_Style » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:22 am

KnicksGod wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
aggo wrote:
Read on Twitter

LOL they know it's over

Not over. Games all close and they win one and send it back to the F*** Embiid Center

ImageImageImage

Return to New York Knicks