ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: New York Knicks (2-1) vs. Philadelphia 76ers (1-2) Sunday, April 28th 1:00pm EST

Moderators: j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O

RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,869

Re: PG: New York Knicks (2-1) vs. Philadelphia 76ers (1-2) Sunday, April 28th 1:00pm EST 

Post#681 » by RHODEY » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:34 am

robillionaire wrote:
HerSports85 wrote:lol Charles Barkley just said the Pacers will be favorited over the Knicks

Dunno about that but they did beat us badly a couple times this year and I don’t love the matchup. If they do get hot from 3 we probably don’t have the offensive firepower to keep pace. So we’d have to hope our defense can lock them down.

Of course we shouldn’t minimize the possibility that Philly wins 3 straight either. Even talking about this is bad juju

I bet we had key players missing when they beat us. I think we would sweep them.
Context
RealGM
And1: 14,046

Re: PG: New York Knicks (2-1) vs. Philadelphia 76ers (1-2) Sunday, April 28th 1:00pm EST 

Post#682 » by Context » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:38 am

LaMelo/J-Green
S.Barnes/Jaden-Mc
Herbert-J/Kyle
JarenJjr/Portis
B.Lopez/Duren
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 56,326

Post#683 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:47 am

https://www.inquirer.com/sixers/knicks-sixers-toughness-balance-jalen-brunson-josh-hart-20240428.html

The Knicks are better than the Sixers in every way. Oh, and New Yorkers took over the Wells Fargo Center

The sequence that sank the 76ers on Sunday afternoon, that may have swung this first-round series toward the Knicks for good, captured everything that has separated these teams through four breathtaking and bloodletting games.

Nico Batum rose up to dunk the basketball midway through the third quarter, and Josh Hart met him at the highest points of their leaps and blocked him cleanly. At the court’s opposite end, Jalen Brunson, just having reentered the game after spending a few minutes in the locker room with some kind of injury, lofted a rainmaking fadeaway floater over Joel Embiid to give the Knicks a five-point lead. Everything else that happened inside a rowdy and raucous Wells Fargo Center was immaterial, at least symbolically. Those two plays, back-to-back,

It has become an oft-repeated assertion throughout this series that the Sixers are the more talented team but the Knicks are tougher. Through four games, though, in light of Brunson’s remarkable performance Sunday — 47 points, 10 assists — that assertion is only half-true. Yes, the Knicks are tougher, but from the top of their roster to the bottom, they’re as talented as the Sixers, if not more so in this sense: They have more players capable of contributing to their success. They have better balance.

They didn’t have center Mitchell Robinson on Sunday — he missed the game with an ankle injury — and they won without him. Hell, they outrebounded the Sixers by 10, and they held Embiid to his worst game of the series: 27 points, just 19 shots, 12 misses. Brunson took the game over. Hart didn’t make a shot from the field yet was a pain in the Sixers’ rump all day: 17 rebounds, five assists, that dunk block of Batum. OG Anunoby had 16 points and 14 boards himself, a 6-foot-7 swingman making like Charles Oakley. Playing like that, in this kind of game … that’s talent, too.

“Once we get rolling, their coaches call time out to slow us down,” Sixers guard Cam Payne said. “But it shouldn’t matter. We should still find a way to keep our pace going. They’re sending their guys to crash, and all we’ve got to do is make sure we get the rebound and try to push and be aggressive. Their half-court defense is solid. They’ve got a lot of guys helping. We need to find a way to keep running.”

The shame in Sunday’s outcome is that the series is likely to be shorter for it. Game 4 was exhausting and exhilarating to watch, and what has made this series great is easy to see. It’s the proximity of the two franchises, the antipathy between the two fan bases, the cross-market familiarity with the players — everybody in New York knows Embiid and Kyle Lowry, and everybody around here knows the Knicks’ Villanova guys — and the knife-fight style of basketball each team has been willing, even eager, to play.

The atmosphere inside the Wells Fargo Center was unlike that of any other important Sixers postseason game in recent memory. The place has been louder before: 1999, when the Sixers returned to the playoffs after a seven-year absence; 2001, throughout that enchanted run to the Finals; 2012, when they upset the top-seeded Chicago Bulls. But this was a different kind of loud. There were so many Knicks fans that the noise was continuous. There were no pauses in it, no silence at all, and sometimes it felt as if the crowd had turned entirely against the Sixers

“Kind of [ticked] me off,” Embiid said. “I don’t think that should happen.”
Well, it did, and it neutralized some of the Sixers’ home-court advantage. “I don’t put much stock in that,” coach Nick Nurse said. “Can win here. Can win anywhere.” Except the pivot points for a series like this can be so small, and an arena that is usually one of the most challenging for a visiting team was much more hospitable to the Sixers’ opponent Sunday. The stakes felt higher for that environment, and now, for the Sixers, they are.

What has made these games great is everything that the NBA for too long had not emphasized. The league has been about individual stars and Twitter/X trends and bubbling gossip over which teammates and opponents get along with which. This matchup isn’t about any of that. It’s about something deeper and more demanding, and the Knicks have more players with more of the qualities fit for those moments than the Sixers. It’s that simple. The better team is winning. And come Game 5 on Tuesday night, it will probably win again.
Free Palestine
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,869

Post#684 » by RHODEY » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:55 am

ScienceOfLosing
Sixth Man
And1: 1,731

Re: PG: Knicks vs Philly Game 4 

Post#685 » by ScienceOfLosing » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:58 am

WaltFrazier wrote:
RHODEY wrote:
ScienceOfLosing wrote:
Even the announcer on ABC I think, mentioned it looked intentional.
That is bad, Embid is huge.

Jerrerson tried to change the topic.

Yeah Jefferson was really bad that game, pulling for the Sixers. ESPN pregame crew was bad too, like trying to glorify Embiid ahead of time, with no mention of the grab of Mitch's ankles of course. Like it never happened

Mostly peaceful ankle grab. “This is CBS.”
Garbagelo
Veteran
And1: 3,316

Post#686 » by Garbagelo » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:04 am

It's actually ridiculous how OG can defend any player 1-5 no matter the height, weight, and skill class and completely lock them down when he needs to
gavran
RealGM
And1: 7,506

Post#687 » by gavran » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:08 am

I'm still baffled that Dyēus managed to lurke in the shadows for 2.5 years, being the least deserving of the 4 young guys, to be not only the last one standing, but the best one.
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,510

Post#688 » by stuporman » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:08 am

Hart went 0-7 and Precious 0-5 yet nobody can tell us they weren't key reasons why the Knicks won this game...it's irony or paradox or some bizzarro world stat line thing. It's just weird, no?
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
ScienceOfLosing
Sixth Man
And1: 1,731

Post#689 » by ScienceOfLosing » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:14 am

HerSports85 wrote:Our players play 46 mins and playoff intensity basketball during the regular season. This is nothing lol

Read on Twitter

Eat Hash after the game, aka Bruce Lee.
Great for inflamation and pain.
Galvationknicks
Head Coach
And1: 5,053

Post#690 » by Galvationknicks » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:37 am

Hey Paul Reed tell me how my **** taste
JB is Him
Context
RealGM
And1: 14,046

Post#691 » by Context » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:07 am

Galvationknicks wrote:Hey Paul Reed tell me how my **** taste

:lol: :lol:
LaMelo/J-Green
S.Barnes/Jaden-Mc
Herbert-J/Kyle
JarenJjr/Portis
B.Lopez/Duren
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,510

Post#692 » by stuporman » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:58 am

Many teams don't have even 1 player that can guard scEmbiid enough to make him work too hard but the Knicks have legit 4 players that at different times have had an encouraging run of plays against him.

There's no stoppers for a guy like that but the Knicks look like they have just a bunch of the 'make him work hard' guys.

The Knicks defensive versatility all throughout the rotation down to 9 is remarkable.
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
NiceLikeChrist
Senior
And1: 538

Post#693 » by NiceLikeChrist » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:10 am

RHODEY wrote:
robillionaire wrote:
HerSports85 wrote:lol Charles Barkley just said the Pacers will be favorited over the Knicks

Dunno about that but they did beat us badly a couple times this year and I don’t love the matchup. If they do get hot from 3 we probably don’t have the offensive firepower to keep pace. So we’d have to hope our defense can lock them down.

Of course we shouldn’t minimize the possibility that Philly wins 3 straight either. Even talking about this is bad juju

I bet we had key players missing when they beat us. I think we would sweep them.

The pacers are a better team than the sixers. I always knew the sixers were trash and would be finished in 4 or 5. Pacers as a whole are more of a threat than Philly. Sixers are just bad and should’ve been swept if not for a game where Embiid was allowed to go full bush league for a half.
HopelessKnick
Starter
And1: 1,655

Post#694 » by HopelessKnick » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:50 am

Knicks need to first finish this series before thinking about potential opponents. All 4 games have been incredibly close and could have gone either way. Need to finish this one out.
HopelessKnick
Starter
And1: 1,655

Post#695 » by HopelessKnick » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:52 am

Context wrote:
Galvationknicks wrote:Hey Paul Reed tell me how my **** taste

:lol: :lol:

I always find it incredibly odd that players make such comments right before a series. I mean, why in the world would you want to provide your opposition with extra motivation?
Besart19
RealGM
And1: 4,289

Re: PG: Knicks vs Philly Game 4 

Post#696 » by Besart19 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:58 am

3toheadmelo wrote:check this out

precious's defensive rating today: 85.7
deuce's defensive rating: 81.6

donte's: 125.0. this man has been getting cooked all year.

make him 6th man of the year next season

Randle / Hartenstein / Sims
Anunoby / Achiuwa / draft
George / Josh Hart / draft
McBride / Di Vincenzo / vet min
Brunson / Smith Jr / Jokubaitis
Strength and Honour!
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 62,296

Post#697 » by F N 11 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:00 am

aggo wrote:

I give props of taking Sixers out of the flow. All the looks they had first few games we took them away.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,189

Post#698 » by moocow007 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:07 am

What on earth was Maxey doing defensively when Brunson juked his way UNCONTESTED to the basket to put the Knicks up by 6 near the end of the 4th? I get the general premise was that the Knicks would kill some time on the clock but was that what he was assuming? This the same thing they did in that game at MSG when Sixers players stood around expecting the foul or time out while the Knicks got themselves the ball and hit that open shot. Anyone else notice that?
matchman
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,251

Post#699 » by matchman » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:42 am

moocow007 wrote:What on earth was Maxey doing defensively when Brunson juked his way UNCONTESTED to the basket to put the Knicks up by 6 near the end of the 4th? I get the general premise was that the Knicks would kill some time on the clock but was that what he was assuming? This the same thing they did in that game at MSG when Sixers players stood around expecting the foul or time out while the Knicks got themselves the ball and hit that open shot. Anyone else notice that?

It all started from Embiid gone short curcuit and decide to single cover Brunson in full court, which breaks their set defence and creat a huge open space for Brunson to get an easy layup. Thank you MVP.
Are you fans of the team or the player?
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 51,031

Post#700 » by Deeeez Knicks » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:13 pm

A glorious morning to all Knicks fans. Still glowing from that win. Just need to close it out tomorrow
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce

Return to New York Knicks