ImageImageImageImageImage

Game Thread: New York Knicks (3-1) vs. Philadelphia 76ers (1-3) Tuesday, April 30th, 7:00 PM EST

Moderators: HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK

matchman
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,360

Re: Game Thread: New York Knicks (3-1) vs. Philadelphia 76ers (1-3) Tuesday, April 30th, 7:00 PM EST 

Post#161 » by matchman » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:54 pm

So...that means my guess on "Embiid would not enter MSG" still is a possibility?
Are you fans of the team or the player?
NY2k1
Starter
And1: 923

Re: Game Thread: New York Knicks (3-1) vs. Philadelphia 76ers (1-3) Tuesday, April 30th, 7:00 PM EST 

Post#162 » by NY2k1 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:55 pm

Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

Capppp, lol :lol:
Iron Mantis
RealGM
And1: 19,316

Post#163 » by Iron Mantis » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:55 pm

Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

Corny mind games.

Nurse will have plenty of time to invent more imaginative ones when he's on that flight to Cancun tomorrow.
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,583

Post#164 » by stuporman » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:55 pm

What if you put Allen Iverson on the Wallace Pistons? That's kind of what the current Knicks feels like.

Obviously not as elite in either team defense or AI's ability to do what he did but pretty close...pretty...pretty...pretty close.

Edit: Oh crap, I just watched that posted video after I made my comment and dude says something similar about the comparison. Yea, I suppose that was the blueprint of the team built around AI when he made it to the finals, a stout defensive team with AI as the iso scoring threat.

Not exactly same but similar in model.
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
Context
RealGM
And1: 14,465

Post#165 » by Context » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:00 pm

robillionaire wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
robillionaire wrote:Up 3-1 and we have 2 home games left to close it out. But let’s just finish the sweep in the style of gentlemen.

:D

I said what I said :lol:

If we can’t close it out at MSG we can close it at MSG South in game 6 or back at MSG in game 7. Then two more at MSG before we head to MSG Midwest to whip the pacers

we need to close it out here. It's my understanding that the philly organization released 5000 tickets and sold them on the open market. One, I dont expect them to do that again and two, with all of the talk about us disrespecting philly and taking over the area
their fans might show up.

We need to finish them tonight. I'm sure they are going to try to get Dirtbiid going early and look to give Brunson more attention again. We just need to play our best defense and let the game come to us. Simple.
LaMelo/J-Green
S.Barnes/Jaden-Mc
Herbert-J/Kyle
JarenJjr/Portis
B.Lopez/Duren
Iron Mantis
RealGM
And1: 19,316

Post#166 » by Iron Mantis » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:05 pm

GONYK wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

Nurse needs to let the joke go.

I don't even get what he thinks this accomplishes. Does he think Thibs will scramble his gameplan on the offchance that the Sixers are worse?

It's not a joke. They're coping with a serious condition.

Do you understand how hard it is for those who suffer from hyper-b*tchassedness?
Context
RealGM

Post#167 » by Context » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:06 pm

Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

that so they can preserve their energy...
LaMelo/J-Green
S.Barnes/Jaden-Mc
Herbert-J/Kyle
JarenJjr/Portis
B.Lopez/Duren
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,606

Post#168 » by Jalen Bluntson » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:12 pm

Close it out tonight!! I am so done with the Philly and their crying/cheating/dirty bitch ass basketball!! Nurse is a bytch. Dirtbiid is a POS. Paul Reed opened his big fuggin mouth!! Punch them in the throat tonight!!
:beer: RIP mags
Context
RealGM

Post#169 » by Context » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:14 pm

BadNewsBarnes wrote:Wow Embiid is a mess. He has a migrane, suffers from Bell's Palsy and has a left knee issue. I'd rather have him at full strength and not hear any excuses...

its called playing possum...
I've done a lot of research on DIrtbiid. He's always been terrible in the 4th quarter. He also tore his Meniscus 4 times -two in each knee. He is known for purposely throwing his 280 body into players. He has 23 falgrant fouls in 476 games (this is two more the Draymond in almost half the games).

Dirtbiid will never in his life- be at full strength. He doesnt train either. Many Philly fans wish he
trained in the off season. Believe it or not. Shaq didn't max out his full potential and was able to become a HOF'er because of his size. Clearly he is no Dirtbiid. Never whinned or played dirty but his work ethic was nothing like Kobe's or Bron's for example.

Embiid is just smart, physically gifted and a talented player who is made of glass and has no morals on the court.
LaMelo/J-Green
S.Barnes/Jaden-Mc
Herbert-J/Kyle
JarenJjr/Portis
B.Lopez/Duren
guardplay320
Bench Warmer
And1: 119

Post#170 » by guardplay320 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:16 pm

BadNewsBarnes wrote:Wow Embiid is a mess. He has a migrane, suffers from Bell's Palsy and has a left knee issue. I'd rather have him at full strength and not hear any excuses...

That IS him at full strength. :D
Context
RealGM

Post#171 » by Context » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:31 pm

matchman wrote:So...that means my guess on "Embiid would not enter MSG" still is a possibility?

the one draw back of our knick fans taking over the target center is -it embarrassed the Philly players. They are essentially
in the role of spoiler now. They are coming to the garden to try and **** on us. The Knick teams of old would lose this game.
We are going to find out how cold blooded this knick team is. We have proven that we are the better team. This is
our first test of our killer instinct this season. Ihart needs to be masterful in avioding Dirtbiid's tricks of getting him in foul trouble.
LaMelo/J-Green
S.Barnes/Jaden-Mc
Herbert-J/Kyle
JarenJjr/Portis
B.Lopez/Duren
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 37,981

Post#172 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:33 pm

I too would have a migraine knowing that I'm about to enter a loud ass slaughterhouse at 7pm EST.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Context
RealGM

Post#173 » by Context » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:33 pm

Jalen Bluntson wrote:Close it out tonight!! I am so done with the Philly and their crying/cheating/dirty bitch ass basketball!! Nurse is a bytch. Dirtbiid is a POS. Paul Reed opened his big fuggin mouth!! Punch them in the throat tonight!!

I feel you...I dont want to play with these little kids anymore :lol:
LaMelo/J-Green
S.Barnes/Jaden-Mc
Herbert-J/Kyle
JarenJjr/Portis
B.Lopez/Duren
BigShot Bojan
General Manager
And1: 8,508

Post#174 » by BigShot Bojan » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:33 pm

Context wrote:
matchman wrote:So...that means my guess on "Embiid would not enter MSG" still is a possibility?

the one draw back of our knick fans taking over the target center is -it embarrassed the Philly players. They are essentially
in the role of spoiler now. They are coming to the garden to try and **** on us. The Knick teams of old would lose this game.
We are going to find out how cold blooded this knick team is. We have proven that we are the better team. This is
our first test of our killer instinct this season. Ihart needs to be masterful in avioding Dirtbiid's tricks of getting him in foul trouble.
I sense a return of sharpshooter Hart
Formerly Knicks85

Capn'O wrote:I wonder what Paul Reed's feelings are about metal bats.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,448

Post#175 » by GONYK » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:36 pm

It's kind of ironic that Embiid injuring Mitch might have unlocked the Precious configuration, which might be even better defensively
Context
RealGM

Post#176 » by Context » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:40 pm

BigShot Bojan wrote:
Context wrote:

I sense a return of sharpshooter Hart

I was thinking this about Divo...I think the reason Divo had a bad game is because Philly gave him attention. Iexpect them to lean more on Brunson. This will free up Divo.

My opinion is we've seen everything they could throw at us. I expect us to win tonight.
LaMelo/J-Green
S.Barnes/Jaden-Mc
Herbert-J/Kyle
JarenJjr/Portis
B.Lopez/Duren
FrozenEnvelope
Veteran
And1: 3,808

Post#177 » by FrozenEnvelope » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:42 pm

Don't give these crybabies or any hope and just take care of business tonight. The Garden crowd will be crazy and Embiid is going to get historically booed every time he touches the ball. I actually wouldn't be surprised if he sits out tonight with a "migraine".

But I'd like to see DVo get something going. We need more production from him if we are going to keep advancing.

And Burks or Shake need to give us some good minutes.
Context
RealGM

Post#178 » by Context » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:47 pm

FrozenEnvelope wrote:Don't give these crybabies or any hope and just take care of business tonight. The Garden crowd will be crazy and Embiid is going to get historically booed every time he touches the ball. I actually wouldn't be surprised if he sits out tonight with a "migraine".

But I'd like to see DVo get something going. We need more production from him if we are going to keep advancing.

And Burks or Shake need to give us some good minutes.

the team will have their shot -i expect the sixers to be locked on Brunson. Dirtbiid has no choice but to play :lol:
LaMelo/J-Green
S.Barnes/Jaden-Mc
Herbert-J/Kyle
JarenJjr/Portis
B.Lopez/Duren
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 45,195

Post#179 » by DaGawd » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:00 pm

if embiid really has a migraine.. tonight’s atmosphere won’t make it any better :lol:
BaF
Washington Wizards
ag3
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,462

Post#180 » by ag3 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:07 pm

No mercy tonight. Come out strong and end it quick. Embitch and Philly will rollover and quit.

Return to New York Knicks