ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA - Continuation... AND one!

Moderators: j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O

BigShot Bojan
General Manager
And1: 8,507

Re: Around the NBA - Continuation... AND one! 

Post#221 » by BigShot Bojan » Wed May 8, 2024 2:45 pm

Ma10 wrote:When you consider that Okc could also have Sengun, Quickley and McBride.... crazy!

And we could’ve had Jalen Williams or Jalen duren lol I don’t like this game
Formerly Knicks85

Capn'O wrote:I wonder what Paul Reed's feelings are about metal bats.
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,449

Post#222 » by sol537 » Wed May 8, 2024 2:53 pm

OKC over Dallas. Minny over DEN. BOS over CLE. NYK over Indy.

Minny over OKC. OKC will put up a fight but their youth, lack of *ahem* girth, and weaker defense comparatively, will be their undoing.

Boston is heavily favored over NYK or INDY, naturally, but we'll put up a fight. BOS will likely prevail but I hope I'm wrong of course and we see a NY miracle.

I give the slightest of edges to Minny because of KP's status and because ANT > Tatum and the world will see it if those two teams face off.
spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,923

Post#223 » by spree2kawhi » Wed May 8, 2024 3:04 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
robillionaire wrote:Let’s start the Towns > Jokic conversation

Our board heavily underrates KAT in general

Jokic is an amazing player, but Minny's defense has the answer to him this time

I have said KAT would fit into our roster well. I know it would mean moving Randle, but KAT would answer our need for a stretch big. We literally have NO shooting from our frontline in this post-season other than OG

:nod:
aggo
RealGM
And1: 6,408

Post#224 » by aggo » Wed May 8, 2024 3:12 pm

Mitch to OKC in the offseason is a perfect match btw
omerome
RealGM
And1: 7,816

Post#225 » by omerome » Wed May 8, 2024 3:16 pm

aggo wrote:Mitch to OKC in the offseason is a perfect match btw

What do we get back, though?
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 49,478

Post#226 » by robillionaire » Wed May 8, 2024 3:20 pm

omerome wrote:

Cap space
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,191

Post#227 » by moocow007 » Wed May 8, 2024 3:23 pm

omerome wrote:

OKC will have quite a lot of cap space so theoretically the Knicks could try to get some combination of the 15 draft picks they've stockpiled if it will help free up any space to resign anyone else they deem more important. Ousmane Dieng is someone that is extremely talented, high upside and that can give the Knicks someone they can work with. He's currently crowded out in OKC.

This is G-League but just watch the skills, the size and the athletic versatility. Dieng is just another one of those multi-talented lengthy guys that Presti loves and that he's built his team around. These are the types of players that the Knicks could really use more off as their current roster is more grit and strength than length. Add some length that so happens to have a versatile skill set and that can defend some and it makes them better. And losing him won't cut into their current core that is steamrolling through the playoffs.
aggo
RealGM

Post#228 » by aggo » Wed May 8, 2024 3:24 pm

omerome wrote:

uh they have a million things we can use more than mitch.

Jaylin Williams
Isaiah Joe
Aaron Wiggins
Cason Wallace
picks
capspace

literally anything
omerome
RealGM
And1: 7,816

Post#229 » by omerome » Wed May 8, 2024 3:25 pm

robillionaire wrote:
omerome wrote:

Cap space

Nah. IMO, that's a case of wasting an asset. I'd want more. Like a conditional pick or something. Mitch still has value despite his injury history, and then to think of him coming off the bench in OKC for 10-15 minutes, that would be a huge get for them.
spree2kawhi
RealGM

Post#230 » by spree2kawhi » Wed May 8, 2024 3:52 pm

Where does that come from?
spree2kawhi
RealGM

Post#231 » by spree2kawhi » Wed May 8, 2024 3:53 pm

omerome wrote:
robillionaire wrote:
omerome wrote:What do we get back, though?

Cap space

Nah. IMO, that's a case of wasting an asset. I'd want more. Like a conditional pick or something. Mitch still has value despite his injury history, and then to think of him coming off the bench in OKC for 10-15 minutes, that would be a huge get for them.

I’ve already made up my mind about sending Mitch to Brooklyn for Bridges, sorry :lol:
aggo
RealGM

Post#232 » by aggo » Wed May 8, 2024 4:25 pm

spree2kawhi wrote:

Where does that come from?

We are not spending 30m on 2 centers that avg a combined 15ppg
Guano
RealGM
And1: 42,927

Post#233 » by Guano » Wed May 8, 2024 4:40 pm

KnicksGadfly wrote:
Guano wrote:It's extremely insulting to Brunson that some of you use the Cleveland backcourt as an example of Donovan not working here. Like Garland and Brunson are in the same realm of players. Shameful.

Nah, don't get it wrong. Brunson would be the alpha in the relationship. He has been better than Mitchell since last year. It's a non-starter to even consider bringing in Mitchell so Brunson could be the "Darius Garland" in the relationship. If Mitchell gets here, both guys need to adjust, but Mitchell would be sacrificing more.

The big question is how good Mitchell would be in a secondary role (aka whether he can be a good Robin to Brunson). It's a tough ask: Mitchell has to be Mitchell (at times), but the rest of the time, he'd have to play a Klay Thompson/Derrick White role...less of a ball-dominating ball, but needing to contribute elsewhere. Unfortunately, things aren't going to be equal for Brunson...we know he's not the best 1 on 1 defender, but that's kinda how it goes. Someone in the backcourt needs to guard the Maxeys and Haliburtons and all that. Someone needs to be DiVincenzo when Brunson takes over in the late game and gets doubled and needs to pass it out. If Mitchell has more energy because Brunson is gonna get the ball more, he needs to step up. Mitchell is basically the one who needs to prove that he would be better than Garland in a secondary role, and not just better than Garland, but MUCH better than Garland. Garland is not the standard.

Luckily, there's a good opportunity to really evaluate this. We've heard that Mitchell is a great two-way player now. The main concern many posters have is that he and Brunson are too small. Boston is a really big team with big guards and forwards that are very talented, and they might be a team we'll need to try and surpass in the foreseeable future. I'm sure the Knicks scouts are watching too. I'll keep an open mind too. Maybe Mitchell proves me wrong...DWade was a monster defender, so not impossible. It won't answer all the questions, but it's a big one that deserves answering.

Brunson was better than Donovan when he was with the Mavs cooking him in the playoffs.

My point is that it's insulting to Brunson to use Garland as a litmus text as the pairing not working. Brunson is on a different level than Garland.

Also agree that Donovan would ha eto step his defense up. The same way that donte as in the past 2 playoff games. But overall he hasn't been that great.

Either way I'd probably want someone else besides Donovan. But he would be a huge upgrade over Donte.
Chanel Bomber wrote:This board really is full of bad people.
Guano
RealGM

Post#234 » by Guano » Wed May 8, 2024 5:06 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
Guano wrote:It's extremely insulting to Brunson that some of you use the Cleveland backcourt as an example of Donovan not working here. Like Garland and Brunson are in the same realm of players. Shameful.

Very shameful

Also my pre draft takes on Mobley and garland aging like fine wine 8-) . Took a while but it’s hitting now. I thought they both were overrated hehe

Mobley couldn't survive the Cap curse.
Guano
RealGM

Post#235 » by Guano » Wed May 8, 2024 5:07 pm

NYKnickerbocker wrote:

I just don’t think you can have two defensive liabilities in the closing minutes of game on the floor luke Brunson and Mitchell would be mainly due to their height

Donte isn't a better defender than Donovan.
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,449

Post#236 » by sol537 » Wed May 8, 2024 5:24 pm

FYI… Spida’s height is the same as Jrue Holiday and his wingspan is an inch longer…. Longer than DDV even.
Juco24
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,251

Post#237 » by Juco24 » Wed May 8, 2024 5:36 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:

Very shameful

Also my pre draft takes on Mobley and garland aging like fine wine 8-) . Took a while but it’s hitting now. I thought they both were overrated hehe

Yeah... I definitely recall that. Remember the argument that Garland was better than Ja? SMH.

And not only is it shameful to compare Garland & Brunson... it's downright asinine. They play entirely different as do Spida and Brunson. If we were somehow able to get Spida, it would take SOOOO much pressure off of Brunson. Allowing him to be fresh @ the end of games. Honestly, there are no viable comparisons to this would be backcourt that I can think of. I think of Clyde & Earl but never had the pleasure to watch the legends. Obviously, Clyde was a great defender. In any case - this backcourt has the potential to be great and at the floor... really really good.
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,930

Post#238 » by RHODEY » Wed May 8, 2024 5:37 pm

3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 121,017

Post#239 » by 3toheadmelo » Wed May 8, 2024 5:42 pm

Guano wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:

Very shameful

Mobley couldn't survive the Cap curse.

Garland couldn’t survive the sham curse as well
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Ma10
Pro Prospect
And1: 717

Post#240 » by Ma10 » Wed May 8, 2024 6:55 pm

BigShot Bojan wrote:
Ma10 wrote:When you consider that Okc could also have Sengun, Quickley and McBride.... crazy!

And we could’ve had Jalen Williams or Jalen duren lol I don’t like this game

Lol but we could talk about KD coming to the knicks all day.... Screw you!

Return to New York Knicks