ImageImageImageImageImage

Would you trade our first round pick for a sure thing?

Moderators: HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK

clowds
Banned User
And1: 1

Would you trade our first round pick for a sure thing? 

Post#1 » by clowds » Wed Jan 2, 2008 4:11 am

Isiah wants to win now. Isiah and Dolan don't want to go through the traditional rebuilding process.

A lot of you guys are talking about Rose and Besley, but I believe the Knicks will barely miss the playoffs with a late season push. (Other teams will be tanking)

What if Isiah pulls a 1st round pick and Mardy Collins for Emeka Okafor.

Would you be happy? This trade would definitely improve our team, and we can lock up Okafor at the end of the season.

Now this is just an example, but what do you guys think of he idea?

Trade the first round pick while the value is high? Or keep it and get the 10th pick in the draft while Isiah tries to keep his job?
GuyverADL
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#2 » by GuyverADL » Wed Jan 2, 2008 4:14 am

If Thomas trades our first round pick for anything short of Carmelo, Wade, Bosh, or Lebron I will strangle him with my bare hands.

This is going to be a very nice draft class.

Beasley, Bayless, Batum, Jordan, Greene, Rose, Budinger
knicks210
Sixth Man
And1: 272

Post#3 » by knicks210 » Wed Jan 2, 2008 4:18 am

How about a Kobe trade? I would definitly do that. We can not put the whole next season on a frygin draft pick. You guys think that a young dude is going to make us playoff calibur. We need a proven ALL STAR that has WON in the past. (Kobe)
GuyverADL
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#4 » by GuyverADL » Wed Jan 2, 2008 4:30 am

knicks210 wrote:How about a Kobe trade? I would definitly do that. We can not put the whole next season on a frygin draft pick. You guys think that a young dude is going to make us playoff calibur. We need a proven ALL STAR that has WON in the past. (Kobe)

I want 2 lottery pick this year and 2 lottery picks next year.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,447

Re: Would you trade our first round pick for a sure thing? 

Post#5 » by GONYK » Wed Jan 2, 2008 4:32 am

clowds wrote:Isiah wants to win now. Isiah and Dolan don't want to go through the traditional rebuilding process.

A lot of you guys are talking about Rose and Besley, but I believe the Knicks will barely miss the playoffs with a late season push. (Other teams will be tanking)

Would you be happy? This trade would definitely improve our team, and we can lock up Okafor at the end of the season.

Trade the first round pick while the value is high? Or keep it and get the 10th pick in the draft while Isiah tries to keep his job?
I would easily keep the pick over a trade like that
nyk2423
Analyst
And1: 4

Post#6 » by nyk2423 » Wed Jan 2, 2008 4:32 am

I would only trade the pick for Lebron or Dwight
Jose7
RealGM
And1: 6,884

Post#7 » by Jose7 » Wed Jan 2, 2008 4:38 am

If it meant that Isiah would be gone from this day, I'd trade away our first round picks for the next 5 seasons.
BAF Suns

Chris Paul / Patrick Beverley / Shamorie Ponds
Buddy Hield / Timothy Luwawu / Stanley Johnson
Kendrick Nunn / Matisse Thybulle / Darius Miller
RJ Barrett / Kyle Kuzma / Dwayne Bacon
DeAndre Jordan / Kenrich Williams / DJ Wilson
KnicksScholar24
RealGM
And1: 287

Post#8 » by KnicksScholar24 » Wed Jan 2, 2008 4:42 am

knicks210 wrote:How about a Kobe trade? I would definitly do that. We can not put the whole next season on a frygin draft pick. You guys think that a young dude is going to make us playoff calibur. We need a proven ALL STAR that has WON in the past. (Kobe)

LMAO. If they Knicks pick a young player with their high lottery pick it's going to be the beginning of a rebuilding phase NOT a move to make NY competitive on ONE season. That's the same backwards *** thinking that got the Knicks in this mess.
It's hard being a Knicks fan...
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,447

Post#9 » by GONYK » Wed Jan 2, 2008 4:43 am

KnicksScholar24 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

LMAO. If they Knicks pick a young player with their high lottery pick it's going to be the beginning of a rebuilding phase NOT a move to make NY competitive on ONE season. That's the same backwards *** thinking that got the Knicks in this mess.
Exactly
KnicksScholar24
RealGM
And1: 287

Post#10 » by KnicksScholar24 » Wed Jan 2, 2008 4:45 am

[quote="Jose7
It's hard being a Knicks fan...
clowds
Banned User

Post#11 » by clowds » Wed Jan 2, 2008 4:46 am

Thats why I made this topic.

Plus I really doubt we will have a top 10. None of you guys believe me, but we have a better team that won 33 games last year (would have been 38 + if it werent for injuries).
Jose7
RealGM
And1: 6,884

Post#12 » by Jose7 » Wed Jan 2, 2008 4:48 am

That would be beyond foolish.

Anyway, as for the thread question, the only way the Knicks are going to get a "sure thing" is if that DRAFT that player. Every sure thing player in this league was drafted. Teams are going to give up good young players for a unknown. Although I'd give up Curry for a top 3 pick in a heartbeat, mainly because he's not a sure thing.

as long as isiah is here, we will continue to be irrelevant unless we get a superstar. There is no Dwight Howard, LeBron, etc in this draft, there are NONE. And please dont make DRose out to be some type of complete superstar the minute he walks into the league because he wont be.
OooSplendiforous
Banned User

Post#13 » by OooSplendiforous » Wed Jan 2, 2008 4:50 am

clowds wrote:Isiah wants to win now. Isiah and Dolan don't want to go through the traditional rebuilding process.

i will honestly fight you if your idea somehow gets to Isiah... we've been trading stuff for the "Sure Thing" since 1996..enough already!
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 51,157

Post#14 » by Deeeez Knicks » Wed Jan 2, 2008 5:25 am

generally, no.

we have been a lottery team for 5 of the past 6 seasons....only actually used 2 picks in that span, and neither Sweetney or Frye lasted here very long.

Its time to have some patience. Use our pick wisely, keep it, and develop that player.

Granted, the player we select may very well be a bust. But so what? I think we are better off taking that chance, rather then do another quick fix, bandaid trade.
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
clowds
Banned User

Post#15 » by clowds » Wed Jan 2, 2008 5:56 am

Brad Lohaus wrote:generally, no.

we have been a lottery team for 5 of the past 6 seasons....only actually used 2 picks in that span, and neither Sweetney or Frye lasted here very long.

Its time to have some patience. Use our pick wisely, keep it, and develop that player.

Granted, the player we select may very well be a bust. But so what? I think we are better off taking that chance, rather then do another quick fix, bandaid trade.

But so what? If we draft a bust, we won't know until 4-5 years of trying to develop him.

Why not go after someone sure like Okafor or Arenas?
krustytheclown
Lead Assistant
And1: 8

Post#16 » by krustytheclown » Wed Jan 2, 2008 6:02 am

we dont need arenas..hed be marbury part 2 in ny

and like most said only way this pick is traded for a "sure" thing would be for: melo, paul, williams, howard etc
OakMan34
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#17 » by OakMan34 » Wed Jan 2, 2008 7:01 am

clowds wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Thats why I made this topic.

Plus I really doubt we will have a top 10. None of you guys believe me, but we have a better team that won 33 games last year (would have been 38 + if it werent for injuries).

Dude, in what way are we a better team? We're 8-21!!!

We rank 24th in offensive field goal percentage and dead last in opponents percentage. We're also dead last in blocks and 3rd worst in opponents blocks.

ranked 28th in 3 point percentage. 28th in free throw percentage and dead last in assists per game.

So we can't score.
We're the worst defensive team in the league.
We can't hit the 3.
We can't shoot FTs.
Can't block shots.
Worst in the league at passing the ball.

We are in no way "good". Unless you mean good at sucking.
drj
Analyst
And1: 71

Post#18 » by drj » Wed Jan 2, 2008 7:15 am

clowds wrote:I believe the Knicks will barely miss the playoffs with a late season push.

Dude what else do you believe?
Do you base your beliefs on any evidence or do you just kinda feel a certain way?

clowds wrote:What if Isiah pulls a 1st round pick and Mardy Collins for Emeka Okafor.

I don't think I could ever give up on the Knicks, but a trade like that would make me come damn close.
duetta
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,857

Post#19 » by duetta » Wed Jan 2, 2008 12:35 pm

clowds wrote:But so what? If we draft a bust, we won't know until 4-5 years of trying to develop him.

Why not go after someone sure like Okafor or Arenas?

Arenas = Marbury (me-first scorer)
Okafor = injury plagued player looking for mega-max money. But he ain't won a lot of games in Charlotte. He ain't a Shaq, or Duncan, or David Robinson. And I like Okafor.
Jmonty580
General Manager
And1: 407

Post#20 » by Jmonty580 » Wed Jan 2, 2008 12:48 pm

[quote="Jose7

Return to New York Knicks