ImageImageImageImageImage

Curry, Crawford and Q must be dealt for Knicks 2............

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

StutterStep
RealGM
And1: 58

Post#21 » by StutterStep » Wed Jan 2, 2008 10:28 pm

moocow007 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

How about Curry and Lee for Okafor then?

Not sure if Memphis would be willing to take both contracts. Orlando (who pretty much capped themselves out for the next 6 to 7 years seems to be interested in Crawford.

I don't think Okafor is the answer next to Zach at Center. Okafor looks like he does better guarding PFs and providing weakside help. I look at Okafor as Ben Wallace the Next Generation.

Value-wise, it sounds good on paper, but given minutes Lee can get 14/12 with no problem. Only thing that Okafor gives are the blocks. I would rather pair Lee with Okafor and send them Curry/Balkman/Mardy for Okafor/Felton (both signed).

From there get a defensive SF and/or ask Chadler "Show me what you got!"
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,871

Post#22 » by NoLayupRule » Wed Jan 2, 2008 10:31 pm

marbury2curry wrote:crawford and lee are the only ones who bring it every nightly, yet you still hate on him...broken record
agreed. Jamal is not recognized for what he brings to this team. if he were elsewhere we'd love to have him here.
doctor fite
Starter
And1: 0

Post#23 » by doctor fite » Wed Jan 2, 2008 10:42 pm

mjhp911 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Eddy Curry, Doc? Are you serious? Stop messin' with me, bro...

first of all i would like to show what mjhp911 has done here. he has found a way to not agree with me, inject a bit of humor, still come off like a wise ass and actually ask me for validation of my statement.

bravo, mjhp911... you are a shining example of how discussion should go on this board.

that being said.

i'll be the first to admit that not only do i live in LA now and no longer do i see the amount of knick games that i once did, but i just dont follow the game the way i used too in general... partially cause the knicks have been so bad for so long but also because the nba season is just too damned long.

but heres what i will say. curry is a legit 6'11" bog bodied center and last year he was the best center in the post in the league.

he's also signed to a reasonable contract for an nba center... AND he's still in his early to mid 20's.

so if you ask me if i think he's the problem? i'll say no he isn't. can he improve his effort? from all i've heard yes he can. but hey, yet ANOTHER reason why the nba is flawed with those damned guaranteed contracts...

i also tend to think that crawford and Q Rich bring alot to the table.

we need to let marbs and malik expire in my opinion, we need to buy out jerome james because he's totally useless.

we need an impact player from this years lottery hopefully at a position of need. we may need to package one of our glut of SF types for another YOUNG player... not an over the hill over paid salary cap leach.

and i truly think that we may have seen enough of isiah. i dont hate him like everyone else does... despite our record i think he has improved our team from what layden left us.

ok thats my 2 cents.
nyknicks2k2
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 574

Post#24 » by nyknicks2k2 » Wed Jan 2, 2008 10:55 pm

Keys to posting like K4E (why would you want to anyways?)

1. Redundancy

You have to have 3 thoughts post ideas. Anything more could really make things seem like you think a lot. Anything less could get you banned or at least could annoy guys to the point of having a whole board revolt against you and ignore you. That's something we wouldn't want.

2. Punctuation

This is very important in the title. How? Simple. Which thread looks the most important:

A. Curry and Crawful need to go.
B. Curry and Crawful need to go............

Exactly. B tells the reader you might have a good follow up opinion (even though we both know you don't). Don't forget the all important exclamation mark. Oh and don't limit yourself. Have 5 periods? Can add 2 more? ADD THEM **** ON!

3. Confusing responses

This is the most important. Did a certain moderator with a stone cold avatar just own you? That's fine. Just take his main point, switch it up a tiny bit to fit what you want to say and add 3-5 pointless sentences and BOOM! He's stunned and he might even give up.

4. Ownings happen

It's a message board. If you plan to post like this, chances are, you are going to look bad 95% of the time. No worries, disappear for about a week and come back strong. They'll never knew what hit them!
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,871

Post#25 » by NoLayupRule » Wed Jan 2, 2008 11:01 pm

hahaha

apparently ownings do happen!!!!
method
RealGM
And1: 299

Post#26 » by method » Wed Jan 2, 2008 11:23 pm

moocow007 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

:rofl:

How about Zach Randolph to the Lakers for Kwame and a 1st round pick?

In a heart beat. :nod:
VirginiaKnickFan
RealGM
And1: 2,849

Post#27 » by VirginiaKnickFan » Wed Jan 2, 2008 11:46 pm

nyknicks2k2 wrote:Keys to posting like K4E (why would you want to anyways?)

1. Redundancy

You have to have 3 thoughts post ideas. Anything more could really make things seem like you think a lot. Anything less could get you banned or at least could annoy guys to the point of having a whole board revolt against you and ignore you. That's something we wouldn't want.

2. Punctuation

This is very important in the title. How? Simple. Which thread looks the most important:

A. Curry and Crawful need to go.
B. Curry and Crawful need to go............

Exactly. B tells the reader you might have a good follow up opinion (even though we both know you don't). Don't forget the all important exclamation mark. Oh and don't limit yourself. Have 5 periods? Can add 2 more? ADD THEM **** ON!

3. Confusing responses

This is the most important. Did a certain moderator with a stone cold avatar just own you? That's fine. Just take his main point, switch it up a tiny bit to fit what you want to say and add 3-5 pointless sentences and BOOM! He's stunned and he might even give up.

4. Ownings happen

It's a message board. If you plan to post like this, chances are, you are going to look bad 95% of the time. No worries, disappear for about a week and come back strong. They'll never knew what hit them!

Oh my, the complete book on K4E. :lol:
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,712

Post#28 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Jan 3, 2008 12:25 am

method wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

In a heart beat. :nod:

I agree. For all his deficiencies, I think, if we surround him with the right players, that we have a better shot of winning with Curry and without Randolph. Maybe, in the end, both have to go, but if I had to chose one, I'd keep Curry and trade Randolph.
Knick 4ever
RealGM
And1: 1

Post#29 » by Knick 4ever » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:28 am

NoLayupRule wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

agreed. Jamal is not recognized for what he brings to this team. if he were elsewhere we'd love to have him here.

What has Jamal brought to any team that is substantial? He played in Chicago and they have failed to win more than 30 games throughout his years there. Since we traded for him, we found ourselves going backward, while Chicago has made it to the playoffs the last 4 years. Jamal puts up good stats when the team is losing.

What the Knicks need is simple: two way players. Guys that can put up numbers and stop the opposing players from scoring. If you can put up 20 and keep whoever you are guarding from scoring 15, your team will win most of the time. Get it in your freaking heads folks, our team is NOT as talented as it is believed to be. Chandler is a talented kid that needs minutes and GREAT coaching to develop; we need more players of his caliber to be a good team. Crawford is a good kid, but being a good person is not good enough to win in the NBA.
VISIT: www.ltravelsite.com for some excellent travel deals and a lot more. Simply click the (Cruises) tab, scroll down to (Great Travel Deals); click (Last Minute Getaways), under Browse by Budget, click (Under $250.00 Deals).
StutterStep
RealGM
And1: 58

Post#30 » by StutterStep » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:30 am

Wingy22 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I agree. For all his deficiencies, I think, if we surround him with the right players, that we have a better shot of winning with Curry and without Randolph. Maybe, in the end, both have to go, but if I had to chose one, I'd keep Curry and trade Randolph.

Dude, stop!! At least if we forcefed Randolph the ball he would also rebound and get an assist or two.

We forcefeed Curry and he gets what 2 rebounds and no assist?

Return to New York Knicks