ImageImageImageImageImage

Biggest need?

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Starksfor3
RealGM
And1: 902

Biggest need? 

Post#1 » by Starksfor3 » Wed Jan 2, 2008 5:47 pm

1.)

Franchise PG (Derrick Rose)

2.)

Shotblocking/Defensive center (DeAndre Jordan, Roy Hibbert or through trade/FA: Tyson Chandler, Jamal Magliore, Ben Wallace)

3.)

Shooting guard (OJ Mayo, Eric Gordon, Chase Budinger)

What do you think we need the most? I think the shotblocking center is probably easiest to find through trade or free agent.

MY PLAN:

Trades:
Eddy Curry/Malik Rose for Ben Wallace/Thabo Sefalosha

Signings:
Ron Artest for MLE

Buyout/Retire:
Stephon Marbury

2008-2009 lineup:

Wallace/James/Morris
Randolph/Lee/Jeffries
Artest/Richardson/Balkman/Chandler
Crawford/Sefalosha
Rose/Robinson/Collins
fimslim3
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#2 » by fimslim3 » Wed Jan 2, 2008 5:48 pm

Too many needs, just blow up the team and start over with Lee, Collins, and Balkman.
vallen
RealGM
And1: 3,058

Post#3 » by vallen » Wed Jan 2, 2008 5:49 pm

1. New GM
2. New Coach
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,129

Post#4 » by moocow007 » Wed Jan 2, 2008 5:56 pm

Maybe he just doesn't like Chicago but Ben Wallace has looked absolutely mediocre (other than a few flashes here and there) since he signed that big contract. And considering that he's no rookie trying to find his way I have a hard time believing that he'll somehow become the Pistons Ben Wallace (or anywhere close to it) by a simple team change. But even if that were possible, the last team that a team change would help him is probably NY where he'd be expected to pretty much single handedly make the Knicks interior defense like it hasn't been in almost a decade.
fimslim3
Banned User

Post#5 » by fimslim3 » Wed Jan 2, 2008 5:58 pm

If we could add Wallace and Artest (pipe dream) I'd be all over it. It is possible to attain if the Bulls and Kings are willing to part with them.
Starksfor3
RealGM

Post#6 » by Starksfor3 » Wed Jan 2, 2008 6:01 pm

fimslim3 wrote:If we could add Wallace and Artest (pipe dream) I'd be all over it. It is possible to attain if the Bulls and Kings are willing to part with them.

The Bulls need a post presence bad and they already have a young defensive oriented frontcourt with Tyrus Thomas and Joakim Noah. It just makes so much sense to get Curry back. Of course, that means it will probably not happen.

Artest for the MLE is definitely possible as long as the new GM sells him on the idea of bringing a championship to NY.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by moocow007 » Wed Jan 2, 2008 6:01 pm

fimslim3 wrote:If we could add Wallace and Artest (pipe dream) I'd be all over it. It is possible to attain if the Bulls and Kings are willing to part with them.

Artest AND Wallace probably would be better. Would put less emphasis on Wallace anchoring the defense alone. No 1st rounder though unless it's coming to NY.

Would you do Curry and Lee for Wallace and Artest?
Butch
Starter
And1: 0

Post#8 » by Butch » Wed Jan 2, 2008 6:03 pm

vallen wrote:1. New GM
2. New Coach

BINGO!!!
VirginiaKnickFan
RealGM
And1: 2,849

Post#9 » by VirginiaKnickFan » Wed Jan 2, 2008 6:03 pm

moocow007 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Artest AND Wallace probably would be better. Would put less emphasis on Wallace anchoring the defense alone. No 1st rounder though unless it's coming to NY.

:nod:
Starksfor3
RealGM

Post#10 » by Starksfor3 » Wed Jan 2, 2008 6:05 pm

Think 2008-2009. Not 2007-2008. Artest for the MLE only. He's the type you can convince to come to NY for less. Just give him the full-court press. Dinner in the city. A highlight video of his on the scoreboard at the Garden. He'll be eating out of your hands.

Wallace is not a good fit for the Bulls. Everyone knows that but Paxson. What a maroon. No wonder him and Isiah make perfect trading partners.
fimslim3
Banned User

Post#11 » by fimslim3 » Wed Jan 2, 2008 6:07 pm

If we can get a team options on Artest to extend his contract to 2010, I would. The reason why I would do this is because I'm truthfully scared David Lee will get either A) A lot of money from another team after his rookie contract is up B) Be interested in coming back to NY after losing for so many seasons and may not trust the direction we are headed in.

If we can talk Lee into accepting a small deal for another three seasons, then I would keep him. But if we get Artest and Wallace this season, it might be worth giving up a pick if all we are giving up would be Curry and Jeffries. We pick up two shorter deals in this process and it gives us a defensive edge and maybe even a playoff push.
fimslim3
Banned User

Post#12 » by fimslim3 » Wed Jan 2, 2008 6:08 pm

Starksfor3 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

The Bulls need a post presence bad and they already have a young defensive oriented frontcourt with Tyrus Thomas and Joakim Noah. It just makes so much sense to get Curry back. Of course, that means it will probably not happen.

Artest for the MLE is definitely possible as long as the new GM sells him on the idea of bringing a championship to NY.

Would the Bulls bring back Curry after the whole fiasco and would Curry go back to the Bulls?
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#13 » by moocow007 » Wed Jan 2, 2008 6:13 pm

fimslim3 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Would the Bulls bring back Curry after the whole fiasco and would Curry go back to the Bulls?

I don't know about the Bulls willingness to bring back Curry but two things working in their favor is NEED (what Curry brings is what they need most) and a contract that actually has a similar type of coverage that Paxson was unsuccessful in trying to get Curry to agree to (Curry's contract is guaranteed for only 3 years if his heart condition prevents him from playing).

As far as Curry wanting to go back? He is a Chicago native and it gets him out of NY. Those are two big reasons.
kosmovitelli
RealGM
And1: 429

Re: Biggest need? 

Post#14 » by kosmovitelli » Wed Jan 2, 2008 6:37 pm

Starksfor3 wrote:Biggest need?

A new Owner or a new GM. Ideally both.

For now, I'd be satisfied with only a new GM though.
DocZaius
Banned User
And1: 56

Post#15 » by DocZaius » Wed Jan 2, 2008 6:40 pm

1) Barrett (literal or metaphorical)

2) 3 Bullets

3) Isiah's head.

4) Reload

5) Dolan's head.

6) Reload

7) Mill's head.

8) Happy New Year
truth serum
Banned User
And1: 35

Post#16 » by truth serum » Wed Jan 2, 2008 6:49 pm

vallen wrote:1. New GM
2. New Coach
NYKAL
General Manager
And1: 2,157

Post#17 » by NYKAL » Wed Jan 2, 2008 7:23 pm

biggest need:
point guard/backup point guard
2guard/backup 2guard
small forward/backup sm
Center/backup center.

We are only set at the power forward position. Every other position is a position of great need because the players we have there suck.

OH, and a Coach and GM aswell.
larryclown
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#18 » by larryclown » Wed Jan 2, 2008 9:31 pm

A brain transpant for Dolan, preferably Ainge's brains

Return to New York Knicks