ImageImageImageImageImage

Clinton superdelagate-Clinton camp used racial overtones

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

cmaff051
Inactive user
Inactive user
And1: 2

Post#61 » by cmaff051 » Mon Jun 9, 2008 12:15 am

VinnyTheMick wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Northern Virginia will go for Obama over McCain.

Southeast Virginia will go for Obama. Tell me Hampton Roads, the 7 cities, will vote for a GOP candidate. Northern VA+Richmond+Hampton Roads= an Obama/democratic state.

There has been tremendous growth in Northern Virginia for the Democrats, but I do not think there are enough votes there to deliver the state for Obama. I realize that NOVA alone delivered Virginia for Webb in 2006, but national elections are different than congressional elections.

What indication is there that the Democrats are making inroads in Hampton Roads? The GOP has owned the Democrats there for a while.
cmaff051
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#62 » by cmaff051 » Mon Jun 9, 2008 12:17 am

VinnyTheMick wrote:What indication is there that the Democrats are making inroads in Hampton Roads? The GOP has owned the Democrats there for a while.

He lost solely due to the Macaca tape. And let's keep in mind that the only Democrats who have had success in Virginia are Blue Dog Democrats. Obama is no Blue Dog. He's a liberal.
VinnyTheMick
RealGM
And1: 5

Post#63 » by VinnyTheMick » Mon Jun 9, 2008 12:19 am

Rick Davis, McCain's campaign manager, has posted a PowerPoint study asserting that McCain currently hold slight leads in Wisconsin, Michigan, Missouri and Nevada, and that Ohio is "a dead heat" and that Pennsylvania could go Republican. "This is a very good position for our campaign to be in," Davis contends

In fact, the survey data is not as favorable as Davis claims - Obama leads in all five of the most recent Pennsylvania polls by an average of 5.8 points, and he leads in Wisconsin by 2 points. Polling in the 19 states identified by RealClearPolitics as battlegrounds shows Obama in a better position than McCain, ahead in such Bush '04 states as Colorado and Iowa, and running very close in Virginia, New Mexico and Nevada.

In addition, the data on RealClearPolitics dispute another of Davis' claims --- that McCain has stronger favorable/unfavorable ratings than Obama. Instead, the recent average for McCain is 47.3 favorable to 40.8 unfavorable, or a +6.5; for Obama, it's 50.3 to 38.5, or +11.8

In not-for-attribution interviews, a number of Republicans were neither optimistic about his chances nor positive in their assessment of his campaign so far.

"I think we've got a world of problems," said one Republican strategist with extensive experience in presidential campaigns. He said this came home to him with a thud when he watched Obama and McCain give speeches last Tuesday, with the Democrat speaking before "20,000 screaming fans, while John McCain looked every bit of his 72 years" in a speech televised from New Orleans. This Republican cited the liberal blogger Atrios' description of McCain's speech with a green backdrop that made McCain "look like the cottage cheese in a lime Jell-O salad."

Arch-conservative Bay Buchanan suggested that it may not matter what McCain does. Writing in Human Events on June 4, she declared:

In reality there is only one candidate. Barack Obama. In November he will win or he will lose. John McCain is relevant only in so far as he is not Barack Obama. The Senator from Arizona is incapable of energizing his party, brings no new people to the polls, and has a personality that is best kept under wraps.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/06/0 ... 05946.html
http://www.nyccan.org/
Ask questions. Demand answers.
A foolish faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth.- Albert Einstein
cmaff051
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#64 » by cmaff051 » Mon Jun 9, 2008 12:21 am

I saw a video yesterday of Rick Davis describing how the electoral map was going to play out. Suffice to say, he had no idea what he is talking about.
VinnyTheMick
RealGM
And1: 5

Post#65 » by VinnyTheMick » Mon Jun 9, 2008 12:27 am

cmaff051 wrote:I saw a video yesterday of Rick Davis describing how the electoral map was going to play out. Suffice to say, he had no idea what he is talking about.

....and he is McCain's campaign manager.

....what was your point again? That he doesn't know what he is talking about? John McCain's campaign manager has no clue what he is talking about but you think Obama has no chance of winning VA?
http://www.nyccan.org/
Ask questions. Demand answers.
A foolish faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth.- Albert Einstein
randomhero423
Head Coach
And1: 1

Post#66 » by randomhero423 » Mon Jun 9, 2008 12:34 am

obama can win: new mexico, VA, IOWA, MN, WSC, MICH, PA, NJ

and lose: OHIO, NH, missouri, colorado, nv, NC and the rest of the swing states

and obama will still win teh nomination.

why isn't iowa seen as a state obama can win? it was democratic from 88-00. and it was the first state that really gave obama the push...
My High School Basketball Articles:
www.nyhoops.com

My Sports Blog
myrandomsportsblog.blogspot.com
cmaff051
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#67 » by cmaff051 » Mon Jun 9, 2008 12:38 am

VinnyTheMick wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

....and he is McCain's campaign manager.

....what was your point again? That he doesn't know what he is talking about? John McCain's campaign manager has no clue what he is talking about but you think Obama has no chance of winning VA?

When did I say Obama has no chance of winning Virginia? I never said that. What I said is that McCain will and should be favored in Virginia.
cmaff051
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#68 » by cmaff051 » Mon Jun 9, 2008 12:43 am

randomhero423 wrote:obama can win: new mexico, VA, IOWA, MN, WSC, MICH, PA, NJ

and lose: OHIO, NH, missouri, colorado, nv, NC and the rest of the swing states

and obama will still win teh nomination.

why isn't iowa seen as a state obama can win? it was democratic from 88-00. and it was the first state that really gave obama the push...

Obama is very strong in the Midwest for whatever reason. Probably because his home state is in the Midwest and borders several other Midwest states. He is noticably stronger than Kerry was in the region. He will do better than Kerry in Midwest states such as Minnesota, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, Minnesota and (probably) Wisconsin. Oddly, he struggles a bit in Michigan and Ohio, two manufacturing states in the region.
knicks742
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 22

Post#69 » by knicks742 » Mon Jun 9, 2008 2:12 pm

Too early for this analysis. People haven't started paying attention to the contrasts between the two sides yet.

Go Hillary 2016
Magilla_Gorilla
RealGM
And1: 4,451

Post#70 » by Magilla_Gorilla » Mon Jun 9, 2008 2:24 pm

EL CABRITO wrote:They (HILL BILLY) showed their true colors with the typical sense of entitlement...it was disgusting to watch and hopefully her and Bills careers are over. Obama is the REAL DEAL, he just happens to not be white. If you think about it he has actually lived the American Dream. He grew up and became ( ok soon) president! Better yet like millions of AMERICANS his background is from somewhere else...yet they make him seem like he's some kind of evil interloper...the powerbase is NEVER for change even if it's the most inspiring story and sums up what this crap hole is supposed to be about. Thats typical entitlement thinking...theres a message here :wink:

OBAMA WILL WIN...

LOL... I'm ashamed to admit that the first time I've seen that written...
Sham - Y U NO sell me a t-shirt? Best OB/GYN Houston

Return to New York Knicks