ImageImageImageImageImage

What will it take for Crawford?

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Rapsobsessed7
RealGM
And1: 4,553

What will it take for Crawford? 

Post#1 » by Rapsobsessed7 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:28 pm

The raps need a guard who can create for himself and crawford is that. I think he doesnt fit in Newyork and will take away from Danillo developing so what about a deal of

Parker
Graham
09 or 2010 First

or include a sign and trade like Delfino what can the raptors offer, dont say like Bargnani for malik rose no theres no chance but real deals that are FAIR for both teams? Is that deal fair moon could be included depends what comes back
StutterStep
RealGM
And1: 58

Re: What will it take for Crawford? 

Post#2 » by StutterStep » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:30 pm

How does he take away from DG?

I'd do Kapono and first (2010) for Crawford
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,129

Post#3 » by moocow007 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:32 pm

Rapsobsessed7 wrote:The raps need a guard who can create for himself and crawford is that. I think he doesnt fit in Newyork and will take away from Danillo developing so what about a deal of

Parker
Graham
09 or 2010 First

or include a sign and trade like Delfino what can the raptors offer, dont say like Bargnani for malik rose no theres no chance but real deals that are FAIR for both teams? Is that deal fair moon could be included depends what comes back

Crawford actually fits extremely well into D'Antoni's uptempo system. He's among the quickest players in the NBA with the ball in his hands, can shoot from long range, drive to the basket, pass and create shots for himself. The only other player's game that is currently on this team that stand to benefit even more than Crawford from D'Antoni is Nate Robinson.

Personally, I think now is not the time to trade Crawford. You let Crawford play in D'Antoni's system, which is geared around making it easier for offensive players to get their shots in the best situations (why so many players want to play for him) and I think you'll see his FG% (his Achilles Heel) will start to improve significantly.
Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Post#4 » by Knicksfan20 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:35 pm

U guys can have zach randolph if u want..he can surely create for himself...Jab pump jab pump SHOOOOOOT
Slate
Veteran
And1: 0

Post#5 » by Slate » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:35 pm

A great trade would have revolved around TJ Ford for Jamal Crawford but since you traded him away there is nothing NYC wants on your roster not named Bosh or Calderon.

We also aren't in the business of making Toronto a powerhouse in the east.

Rapsobsessed7 wrote: I think he doesnt fit in Newyork and will take away from Danillo developing so what about a deal of

I don't know where you get that, in D'Antoni's system their will be tons of shots to go around. Crawford and Gallinari won't be playing the same position obviously. Now if you want to trade for Q-Rich then maybe a deal involving those firsts can be made.....
Rapsobsessed7
RealGM
And1: 4,553

Post#6 » by Rapsobsessed7 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:38 pm

id do Kapono plus a pick for crawford and he takes away from DG because he needs the ball in his hands alot i mean he does kinda fit but having a guard that plays D and can spread the floor might fit better. He also takes alot of shots to but maybe that was because he was the only player last year but Kapono+Graham(salary Purposes hes an expiring) and a 2010 first for crawford
StutterStep
RealGM
And1: 58

Post#7 » by StutterStep » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:40 pm

Rapsobsessed7 wrote:id do Kapono plus a pick for crawford and he takes away from DG because he needs the ball in his hands alot i mean he does kinda fit but having a guard that plays D and can spread the floor might fit better. He also takes alot of shots to but maybe that was because he was the only player last year but Kapono+Graham(salary Purposes hes an expiring) and a 2010 first for crawford

Dude, how are you going to argue roles on the Knicks board? We're telling you he's not going to have a negative impact on DG.

Crawford will have the Barbosa role: vertical finisher, and three-point shooter. So, I'd rather have Kapono taking those wide open jumpers.
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,871

Post#8 » by NoLayupRule » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:58 pm

Rapsobsessed7 wrote:The raps need a guard who can create for himself and crawford is that. I think he doesnt fit in Newyork and will take away from Danillo developing so what about a deal of

spoken like a raptor fan who has no idea what hes talking about with regards to the knicks

So our likely starting point guard takes away from the development of a bench PF?

I hope Calderon doesnt take away from Bargnani's development too much for you guys
IsiahThomasJr
Banned User

Post#9 » by IsiahThomasJr » Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:13 pm

A guy whose contract expires in 2 years or less. That's it.
SpReEfOrAlL
RealGM
And1: 161

Post#10 » by SpReEfOrAlL » Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:25 pm

I personally want to keep JCraw on the team.
KnicksScholar24
RealGM
And1: 287

Post#11 » by KnicksScholar24 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:23 pm

Since Jamal Crawford was NY's best player (in the OP's mind he "doesn't fit"), Toronto's 2009 or 2010 pick doesn't seem like either would be lottery picks as the Raptors are likely to make the playoffs the next two season, and since NY has no alternate SG prospects (besides 5'8" Robinson) I don't see how NY would deal Crawford to the Raptors for that offered deal.

No one wants Graham and Parker is not near Crawford in terms of talent. I would deal Richardson, Jeffries, or even Rose for Parker, though... assuming Parker's deal expires by 2010.
It's hard being a Knicks fan...
randomhero423
Head Coach
And1: 1

Post#12 » by randomhero423 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:47 pm

two expirings and a first and second round pick sounds fine with me.
Jitpal
General Manager

Post#13 » by Jitpal » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:49 pm

I want one of three things. Either an expiring contract and future 1st rounder or take Randolph and give us back a deal that ends before the LeBron-stakes or take on Jefferies/Curry and send back a deal that ends before the LeBron-stakes and a 2nd round pick. -Jitpal

Edit: To make it clearer

Proposed Deal 1: Crawford for expiring contract plus future 1st.
Proposed Deal 2: Crawford and Randolph for contract ending before the 2010/2011 season.
Proposed Deal 3: Crawford and Curry or Jefferies for contract ending before 2010/2011 season and future 2nd.

We can throw in cash to make any of these deals pan out. -Jitpal

Return to New York Knicks