ImageImageImageImageImage

Next PG Target (official)

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

NEXXTTTT!

Carlos Arroyo
11%
Kenyon Dooling
1%
Tony Allen
1%
Delonte West- (Due to popular demand)
21%
Tyronn Lue
No votes
Ronald "Flip" Murray
1%
Shaun Livingston
29%
Jason Williams
11%
Anthony Johnson
3%
Sebastian Telfair
20%

Total votes: 70

HarpStarkOakEw
Lead Assistant
And1: 4

Re: Next PG Target (official) 

Post#21 » by HarpStarkOakEw » Thu Jul 3, 2008 3:02 pm

Paeds wrote:If west is available he should be included.

ur right...u never know.
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,871

Post#22 » by NoLayupRule » Thu Jul 3, 2008 3:04 pm

I think Carter or Quinn are better options than any on that list.

But, assuming west is not possible, the best player available would be telfair
HarpStarkOakEw
Lead Assistant
And1: 4

Post#23 » by HarpStarkOakEw » Thu Jul 3, 2008 3:06 pm

I think livingston by far is the best player on that list...but like the clippers and the majority of the NBA im scared of that brutual knee injury he had. Is he even ready to play this season?
Flaming Mo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 225

Post#24 » by Flaming Mo » Thu Jul 3, 2008 3:20 pm

This list in it's entirety shows how far we have fallen... geez...
Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies...
#1knickfan
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#25 » by #1knickfan » Thu Jul 3, 2008 3:29 pm

None of the above. We should look at Felton and Hinrich first.
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,276

Post#26 » by Deeeez Knicks » Thu Jul 3, 2008 3:30 pm

I voted Livingston. I think he's worth the chance to give him a 2 year deal. He may not be ready this season, but he's still young enough that he could recover. He's definetly worth that small risk. Healthy, he was one of the most promising young pgs in the league.

The only other person I would even consider on that list is Arroyo. But that is only if we are really really desperate. I would just elect to go Livingston or bust at that point...then maybe pluck someone off the D-league or something
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,129

Post#27 » by moocow007 » Thu Jul 3, 2008 4:23 pm

Last I read the likelihood of Livingston playing in the NBA again is not great. It certainly won't be this season. So signing him right now, even for the minimum would do nothing more than waste a roster spot (which, if you think Livingston can return to form in a couple seasons) may be an idea (3 years at vet minimum to eat up a spot and get bird rights may be fine since the 15th guy never plays anyway). But it wouldn't solve this season and probably not most of next season at the earliest.

Also, as mentioned, Tony Allen's not a PG. Never been one.

Haven't seen Arroyo play recently but he used to be about as unpredicable as the next thing out of Britney Spears' mouth. Great one game, absolutely terrible the next. Also, some believe that being in NY with the largest Boriqua representation in the country would actually be a huge distraction for him and make him even more unstable. Again, this was back several years ago when there was talk about Arroyo coming to NY.

Telfair I think has reigned in some of his immaturity and all in all did pretty well last season as a quote-unquote floor general in Minny. Not ideal and still can't shoot to save his life but he may be growing up finally. Might be worth a gamble here.

West is not a realistic option IMHO so chances are pretty bleak there.

Dooling? He's more like a backup combo guard. By no means is he a player you can expect to run a team even for short periods.

Anthony Johnson might be fine as a short term solution. He's a bit dumpy looking but he actually does a good job handling/passing the ball and can push it. Same goes for the WNBA's favorite Tyronn Lue.

I think maybe a trade is worth exploring and there has been mention of Steve Blake being on their list of tradeable players. I think Blake of every 2nd tier guy would be the best for this system and the time frame that they are looking for (he only has 2 years left on his contract). He can run, he can shoot and he brings energy that I think will rub off well and make him a fan favorite in NY.
mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14

Post#28 » by mjhp911 » Thu Jul 3, 2008 8:18 pm

Livingston! But his injury is still a big question mark. So I'm going to go with Arroyo from that list. Followed by JDub and then Lue (who's always injured though). I'm just not comfortable with Telfair being in NY. We just might have another mini circus here. I think Herpes is a good defender, but he doesn't have the court vision that an 'Antoni system requires.
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,532

Post#29 » by Fat Kat » Thu Jul 3, 2008 8:36 pm

None of those are better than what we have. I say we see what we can do with Jamal, Nate and Mardy. Either that or trade for someone a notch above those guys.
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
haterade
Sixth Man
And1: 90

Post#30 » by haterade » Thu Jul 3, 2008 9:08 pm

They're saying here in LA that Livingstone can't even play in 5 on 5 games yet because he's still recovering. The more I hear about his injury here the more it sounds like he's done. All I hear is the PC speak about him and it is never anything good. Always being "hopeful" he comes back. If he does come back I would think it won't be until the 2009/2010 season.
mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14

Post#31 » by mjhp911 » Thu Jul 3, 2008 9:11 pm

haterade wrote:They're saying here in LA that Livingstone can't even play in 5 on 5 games yet because he's still recovering. The more I hear about his injury here the more it sounds like he's done. All I hear is the PC speak about him and it is never anything good. Always being "hopeful" he comes back. If he does come back I would think it won't be until the 2009/2010 season.

Waive JFat then, sign Livingston, and stash him away for a year. I think we need to find unorthodox ways of getting a possible star at guard.
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,968

Post#32 » by Manhattan Project » Thu Jul 3, 2008 9:18 pm

Livingston has been playing Al Thornton in 1 on 1 games, certainly dont mean he is NBA ready but it does show he is progressing. I mean out of that list give me Livingston or Telfair for a 1 Year stop gap because none of these point guards are starters for a team. Telfair played decent last year, but I think it would be like running a circus with him. He is fast and can make the flashy pass, but dont care for defense and his shooting is still spotty. Livingston could never shoot, but he could pass and defend. Then again that was when he was healthy.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,917

Post#33 » by cgf » Thu Jul 3, 2008 9:31 pm

Is Livingston going to even be able to play this season? Much less start the season, so if you expect to find a stop gap it's not going to be him, that said I'd like to see him be brought in as that 15th man and let him work on being healthy and start the season with a rotation *shudders* Jamal Crawford, Nate and Duhon
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
FutureKnicksGM
Head Coach
And1: 1,505

Post#34 » by FutureKnicksGM » Fri Jul 4, 2008 2:09 am

mjhp911 wrote:
haterade wrote:They're saying here in LA that Livingstone can't even play in 5 on 5 games yet because he's still recovering. The more I hear about his injury here the more it sounds like he's done. All I hear is the PC speak about him and it is never anything good. Always being "hopeful" he comes back. If he does come back I would think it won't be until the 2009/2010 season.

Waive JFat then, sign Livingston, and stash him away for a year. I think we need to find unorthodox ways of getting a possible star at guard.

I agree, sign him to a 3 year deal with team options for year 2 and 3, for half MLE. Don't play him until he is completely healthy. If he doesn't get healthy, don't pick up his option.

This season:
SG:Marbury/Crawford
PG:Duhon/Nate

Next season(If Livingston is healthy)
SG:Nate/ Crawford
PG:Livingston/Duhon
Bballboy23
Starter
And1: 0

Post#35 » by Bballboy23 » Fri Jul 4, 2008 1:39 pm

We should take a risk on livingston. He'll be cheap so wuts the risk. If he sucks then waive him, if he's healthy and develops some of the game he showed with the clipps, then we got ourselves an all-star.
DE FENSE
RealGM
And1: 2,631

Post#36 » by DE FENSE » Fri Jul 4, 2008 2:51 pm

I voted for Delonte. I've liked his game since he was with Boston. I'd love to see him in NY.
SpReEfOrAlL
RealGM
And1: 161

Post#37 » by SpReEfOrAlL » Fri Jul 4, 2008 3:33 pm

ok, who is the joker that voted for Flip? Very funny. .. .

Return to New York Knicks