ImageImageImageImageImage

Marbury Talk on 1050 ESPN radio now

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

NYSPORTSNUCCA
Lead Assistant
And1: 87

Re: Marbury Talk on 1050 ESPN radio now 

Post#21 » by NYSPORTSNUCCA » Tue Jul 8, 2008 1:23 pm

DesignStudio wrote:
NYSPORTSNUCCA wrote:
Knick 4ever wrote:Q Richardson is a snitch. He is the one talking sh*t about Marbury reference locker room disturbance, etc. Q played under D'Antony and he knows that D will listen to anything he says. Q in my opinion should be THE first to be bought out, because he is worthless.

Sad part about it is.., he's not the only one. We have a lot of b**ch as**s on this team that like to hide their failures behind one man.

However..., I can't understand Walsh letting him play for the season other than to make sure some team don't pick him up on the cheap and him showing up just to abuse Duhon, Crawful or whichever scrub PG we have in his place.

What a disgrace of a so called knick fan.

Marbury has been a cancer this whole time hear and all people like you could do if defend him and isiah. Now that Marbury is all by himself and we are moving into a new better era all you want to do is blame everyone on the knicks for Marbury's failures and destructive behavior.

I hope when Marbury is long gone and the knicks are good again you don't show your face.

Are you talking about me??

So.., wait a minute. The Knicks are losing and.., you're telling me., Crawful and Curry don't have anything to do with that. I don't defend Isiah.., I don't know where you got that from but.., you do know that Isiah brought Crawful and Curry here.., right?

Marbury is not "all by himself".., half of Marbury is more talented than most of the players on this team and he will find another team to play for, even with all his cancerous personalities.

So.., I'm not a Knick fan because., I'm 1 in every 10,000 that don't chose to hate this man? I'm not a Knick fan because.., it make me sick how other players (Crawful, Curry, and Q. Rich) chose to make other players their scapegoats? Well then., okay., I guess I'm not a Knick fan. :dontknow:
three2theD wrote:
I've been on the THjr bandwagon since summer league, and I would trade him for Rondo. IMO Rondo is the third best PG in the NBA after Curry and CP3.
I doubt anything happens though.
Knick 4ever
RealGM
And1: 1

Post#22 » by Knick 4ever » Tue Jul 8, 2008 1:24 pm

DesignStudio wrote:
Knick 4ever wrote:Q Richardson is a snitch. He is the one talking sh*t about Marbury reference locker room disturbance, etc. Q played under D'Antony and he knows that D will listen to anything he says. Q in my opinion should be THE first to be bought out, because he is worthless.

Nobody cares what you think, your not even a knick fan.

Is that so? Marb might have his issues, but he sure as hell is not the only problem with the Knicks. How many games have Q played since we've acquired him?
VISIT: www.ltravelsite.com for some excellent travel deals and a lot more. Simply click the (Cruises) tab, scroll down to (Great Travel Deals); click (Last Minute Getaways), under Browse by Budget, click (Under $250.00 Deals).
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,306

Post#23 » by Deeeez Knicks » Tue Jul 8, 2008 1:25 pm

Snitching on Marbury..... :lol: :lol:

At this point Marburys reputation speaks for itself. There's been years and years of incidents of selfish acts. Nobody has to "snitch" on him. That is ridiculous. Marbury also played for D'Antoni and was shortly traded after he didnt buy into his system. D'Antoni has first hand knowledge on Marbury.
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
Mike Dan Tony
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#24 » by Mike Dan Tony » Tue Jul 8, 2008 2:25 pm

With our team in the middle of a makeover, trying to achieve a new ethos and escape its losing ways, it's a bad idea to keep around the one player who most exudes selfishness and losing. Considering the course of his career and his temper tantrums last season, Stephon Marbury might as well have "LOSER" written on his forehead in magic marker. Clearly, he doesn't want to be here, and he has no interest in fitting into D'Antoni's system. D'Antoni probably took the Knicks job with the intent of jettisoning Marbury ASAP. Let's dump this fool before he infects the new rookies with his losing attitude. The last thing this team needs is Marbury duking it out with D'Antoni on the back pages this season.
Jstarks3
General Manager
And1: 740

Post#25 » by Jstarks3 » Tue Jul 8, 2008 2:28 pm

asdfgh wrote:Who in their right mind would give us picks and exiprings for ****? I think some of you here are delusional...

um....a team that wants a crapload of cap space?
by IllmaticHandler

I just got off the Phone with NAS. He said if you listen closely to the intro he not saying **** Jayz. He knew one day a cat name Joey would play himself on realgm. Ether was meant to be used in the future. :o
Doitall44
Sophomore

Post#26 » by Doitall44 » Tue Jul 8, 2008 3:47 pm

I dont understand how guys are not in favor of letting Steph contract play out.. He will no dought be at his best.. and even when he is not at his best he is the KNicks best player.. This Steph hate is outta control.. the KNICKS are bad from top 2 bottom.. Meaning management on down 2 the players.. players is plural.. Steph played a role but he is not the only 1 by far.. and he still is the knicks Best and most ACCOMPLISHED player. He should be given a chance 2 play out his contract.. If not I respect that.. but dont blame him.. U seen what happened last season wihout him.
FlashFlood
Rookie
And1: 509

Post#27 » by FlashFlood » Tue Jul 8, 2008 4:01 pm

Steph's played in d'Antoni's system before. His team played the Spurs quite well, too. Marbury can still have success here... As much as Q has played in the Pho system before, Marbury's actually excelled in it.
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,957

Post#28 » by chitownsports4ever » Tue Jul 8, 2008 4:03 pm

FlashFlood wrote:Steph's played in d'Antoni's system before. His team played the Spurs quite well, too. Marbury can still have success here... As much as Q has played in the Pho system before, Marbury's actually excelled in it.

D'antonio took over the following season after that Spurs series . Marbury played in the system for like 15 or so games
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"
ctorres
RealGM
And1: 3,563

Post#29 » by ctorres » Tue Jul 8, 2008 4:10 pm

It's Marbury's fault that Q-Rich shoots under 40% from the field and can't stay healthy.
It's Marbury's fault that Randolph got fed up with the rest of the team and would not pass the ball back.
It's Marbury's fault that Curry won't rebound well and was too stubborn to find a way to work with Randolph while Randolph tried to make it work at the start of last season.
It's Marbury's fault that Mardy Collins sucks.
It's Marbury's fault that Jared Jeffries and Renaldo Balkman cannot shoot FG's or FT's to save their lives.
It's Marbury's fault that Crawford doesn't have as good of a FG% percentage as he does.
It's Marbury's fault that Malik Rose's game isn't what it used to be since he left San Antonio.
It's Marbury's fault that Jerome James can't even jog.

I can't find anything to blame Lee and Robinson for.

Anyways, I've been following the Knicks closely the last 5 years. I know damn sure that so many people here on this board felt that the team would be so much better if they played without Marbury. The team played without Marbury for most of last season and still could not get the job done.

I hope Walsh and D'Antoni realize that there was much more to the Knicks not being a good team than Marbury being a cancer.
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,259

Post#30 » by Luv those Knicks » Tue Jul 8, 2008 4:17 pm

KrAzY DeMoN wrote:
Zerostatic wrote:
Jstarks3 wrote:b) he doesn't play well and we trade his expiring for picks and contracts that expire before 2010.
That's a horrible idea. If we traded his contract the contracts we get back have to match fairly closely (I think within 15%). Then consider that we have to pay luxury tax on it. The Knicks could easily spend over 50 million dollars going through with that suggestion. Considering that every year late first rounders get dealt for a maximum of 3 million. That is obviously not cost efficient. However, I guess it is Dolan's money so if they feel they can get players that D'antoni likes that expire by 2010 then they can go for it. Me personally, I'd let him expire.

seriously, when was the last time the knicks let a contract expire. how many times are we not going to learn from out mistakes? The best value for Marbury is to let him expire and if he has a good season then that's a freebie.

Actually the Knicks let a number of contracts expire (or bought them out in the last year which is pretty much the same thing)

Mo Taylor &
Jalen Rose

come to mind, and there may be other recent examples.

But in principal I agree with you.

the thing that makes a Marbury trade unlikely is the 2010 situation, so it's kinda silly to acquire talent for just 2 years when you don't plan on resigning that talent. If we could trade Marbs for an expiring contract and a pick, I'd be all over that, but I don't think it's likely.

As far as letting steph play out his contract, it really depends. Steph has never really been a running (7 second) player, he's been more of a half court type - well, maybe his first 2-3 years in the league he was a sprinter, but he's much more of a fullback than a halfback. So he's not a Dantoni type player - that's one. Not that he couldn't be, but it's not his natural game.

Two, we are somewhat set in the guard rotation with Duhon, Craw & Nate. usually 3 players fill 2 positions nicely. A little thin, but not too bad.

Three, it's not clear to me that wining should be the primary goal of this team, and it's also not clear to me that Marbs is the best player to put on the floor with players like Curry & Zach & Crawford & Danilo (not sure how much Danilo will play). Duhon might be much better at using those guys scoring talents than Marbs was.

Four, since this team has no plans to sign Marbury for 1 year in 2009, why keep him. It's kinda odd holding a player you don't plan to resign, who's not liked by the fans and who represents a negative history, and who doesn't play the kind of game plan the coach plans to use.

I have nothing against Marbs, I even started that Marbs appreciation thread, but there is something to be said for a team moving on, and playing their young players and releasing those who don't fit in their plans. Even if Marbs is one of our best shooters, he's not an ideal piece right now.
Embiid wanted to win so badly, he deliberately injured Mitchell Robinson.

Classy.
Lottery Bound
Sixth Man

Post#31 » by Lottery Bound » Tue Jul 8, 2008 4:18 pm

Buy him out, we don't need him on the team. He's a major locker room annoyance and all the players are fed up with his bull$hit, that alone is a reason why the team could suck next season. It's time for the knicks to start off with a fresh clean slate without having a distraction like Marbury on this team.

If the team loses, it loses... but think about this, Marbury after this season is gone anyway so the team one way or the other is going to have to play without him, you would rather have the team take its lumps early on this season so they can get use to playing with each other without having a mountainbury on the back of their minds constantly.

Donnie can try to explore as many Marbury trade possibilities he wants, but keep in my mind that getting draft picks for him is "easier said than done", because in order for a trade to work the knicks would have to take on more garbage contracts that total over $21 million dollars. And no one is going to be giving us any value in return for his expiring contract.
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,957

Post#32 » by chitownsports4ever » Tue Jul 8, 2008 4:20 pm

ctorres wrote:It's Marbury's fault that Q-Rich shoots under 40% from the field and can't stay healthy.
It's Marbury's fault that Randolph got fed up with the rest of the team and would not pass the ball back.
It's Marbury's fault that Curry won't rebound well and was too stubborn to find a way to work with Randolph while Randolph tried to make it work at the start of last season.
It's Marbury's fault that Jared Jeffries and Renaldo Balkman cannot shoot FG's or FT's to save their lives.
It's Marbury's fault that Crawford doesn't have as good of a FG% percentage as he does.
It's Marbury's fault that Malik Rose's game isn't what it used to be since he left San Antonio.

Anyways, I've been following the Knicks closely the last 5 years. I know damn sure that so many people here on this board felt that the team would be so much better if they played without Marbury. The team played without Marbury for most of last season and still could not get the job done.

I hope Walsh and D'Antoni realize that there was much more to the Knicks not being a good team than Marbury being a cancer.

NO but hes responsible for his own behavior which if we listed would take this thread to page 15 by itself . At what point will some of you realize that Marbury has to be held accountable for his own actions .Youre talking rebounds,defense, and percentages and Walsh is looking at abandoning the team fighting publicly with several coaches and outright team killing behavior.

There are plenty of teams that have had success with deficiencies in defense,rebounding,shooting etc but how many have succeeded with its highest paid player doing what Marbury has done ?

The team played like crap without Marbury because after the two prior seasons they still gave him another shot and believed he would change but he didnt and they were not prepared for it.Well it seems like they are not taking any chances this season and are building something in which him being apart of it is not a requirement for it to have success.
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,306

Post#33 » by Deeeez Knicks » Tue Jul 8, 2008 5:00 pm

Doitall44 wrote:I dont understand how guys are not in favor of letting Steph contract play out.. He will no dought be at his best.. and even when he is not at his best he is the KNicks best player.. This Steph hate is outta control.. the KNICKS are bad from top 2 bottom.. Meaning management on down 2 the players.. players is plural.. Steph played a role but he is not the only 1 by far.. and he still is the knicks Best and most ACCOMPLISHED player. He should be given a chance 2 play out his contract.. If not I respect that.. but dont blame him.. U seen what happened last season wihout him.

I dont hate Steph and dont blame him for all the Knicks problems or nearly as much as Isiah, but there just have been too many incidents. He has clashed with 3 coaches in NY and many players including a major one less then a year ago. And these types of things have happened at every stop. At some point you have to say to yourself that maybe its not all a coincedence or conspiracy against Steph. He has had plenty of chances, but I see absolutely no reason to give him another chance in NY.
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
IsiahThomasJr
Banned User

Post#34 » by IsiahThomasJr » Tue Jul 8, 2008 5:17 pm

Nobody is trading picks to save a year of salary. Why would someone do that anyway? 2010 is the big free agent frenzy, not 2009. Just release Marbury and let's rid of him and his fans.
"It's so crazy it just might work." - Isiah Thomas
BasicBall
RealGM
And1: 448

Post#35 » by BasicBall » Tue Jul 8, 2008 5:27 pm

Whatever the case may be, the team does not like playing with him...You hear guys complain about, you never hear guys defend him or say he is not a problem or distraction....time to cut ties!
Don't raise your voice, improve your argument :nod:
Peanut
Banned User

Post#36 » by Peanut » Tue Jul 8, 2008 5:31 pm

WHAT DID HE SAY?
NYSPORTSNUCCA
Lead Assistant
And1: 87

Post#37 » by NYSPORTSNUCCA » Tue Jul 8, 2008 5:57 pm

chitownsports4ever wrote:
ctorres wrote:It's Marbury's fault that Q-Rich shoots under 40% from the field and can't stay healthy.

NO but hes responsible for his own behavior which if we listed would take this thread to page 15 by itself . At what point will some of you realize that Marbury has to be held accountable for his own actions .Youre talking rebounds,defense, and percentages and Walsh is looking at abandoning the team fighting publicly with several coaches and outright team killing behavior.

There are plenty of teams that have had success with deficiencies in defense,rebounding,shooting etc but how many have succeeded with its highest paid player doing what Marbury has done ?

The team played like crap without Marbury because after the two prior seasons they still gave him another shot and believed he would change but he didnt and they were not prepared for it.
Well it seems like they are not taking any chances this season and are building something in which him being apart of it is not a requirement for it to have success.

:nonono: Man.., please read what you are typing before hitting that "submit" button.

That "abandoning the team" crap is starting to get real old. Its a big reach if you looking to hate someone on. The players on this team that have lost a love one been excused from playing and allowed a period of bereavement but.., Marbury isn't. It is way too much to ask a man to give 82 games, suffer through the abuse he's been getting through the media, play sore and with the lost of his father.

Hell.., I wouldn't blame the man if he did say to himself..., "hey., lets see what you can do without me." If he was.., he wouldn't be the only one. It seems like everyone else gets to threaten to leave their team or not play hard if they don't get what they want. Marbury.., never asked for anything so., why when he doesn't play he's abandoning the team?? I know I wont get an answer for that rather just a bunch of name calling and belligerence.

So.., what you are saying is., this team went into the season looking for Marbury to take them far and when he wasn't there.., they wasn't prepared. So., this is you defense for our players and coaching staff over Marbury?? :roll: OMG.

In my right mind., I can't bring myself to being in any group that think remotely like this. This is why it seems like I defend Marbury but., I don't. I want Marbury gone just as much as anyone but., I blame him very little for our losing. The fact is.., this team was not built right for anyone to succeed. Why is noone saying this? Also.., Marbury haven't done anything that I consider "cancerous" since he's been here. So what.., he's not articulate in his interviews. If you are going to be a public figure., that is something you need to work on. On the same note..., some of the crap I read on this board rivals anything stupid Marbury has openly said. However.., Chitown., you still wont get band. j/k., kind of.

"Fighting publicly with coaches"?? I guess if you say it enough.., you might actually start to believe it. He didn't fight publicly with ANY Knick coach except for Larry and he wasn't the only player on this team to do so. Also..., who threw the 1st stone on that one?? And, his only comments regarding Isiah was why he didn't play against Phoenix.

Noone is buying the crap you are using to hate this man.
DrSithMirth
Head Coach
And1: 11
Location: The Black Lodge. Raise up off me, lest you find yourself with us. Under the sycamore trees..

Post#38 » by DrSithMirth » Tue Jul 8, 2008 7:07 pm

Capn'O wrote:
richardhutnik wrote:Basic talk from Newsday guy is that Marbury is gone, before training camp.

- Rich

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Agreed. :nod:
Cheers, Dr. SithMirth
hatnlvr
General Manager
And1: 1,117

Post#39 » by hatnlvr » Tue Jul 8, 2008 8:37 pm

You know the posters on here are no different than the whiney players trying to find a scapegoat. You guys want to blame Marbury for everything well then explain to my why it is that we can't win a freakn game when he doesn't play.

Let's also not forget that Curry & Crawford were extremely impacted by Marbury's injury and inability to play and both of them are extremely close with the "so-called" cancer!

We have no replacement for him on the roster and we did not draft a replacement either. If Marbury goes we will suck again. Wake up and face the facts.
ImageImage

Return to New York Knicks