ImageImageImageImageImage

Camby, Kaman and Zach would be formidable

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

truth serum
Banned User
And1: 35

Re: Camby, Kaman and Zach would be formidable 

Post#21 » by truth serum » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:58 pm

Mafu wrote:
At The Mecca wrote:Even if the Clips were still interested in Zach for some reason, why would they give up Gordon to get him? I mean, honestly. Use your damn brain. A deal with the Clips is almost guaranteed to be dead now unless they plan on trading Kaman. I do agree that Camby and Zach could be a nice combo, but they're not gonna pay Zach 16 mil to come off the bench. On the flip side, both Camby and Kaman are both too proven (especially on the defensive end) to have them back up Zach as well. Once again, let's use the brain God hath given to us. Dangit@!

You are overstating the Clippers brain power and your own, sir. Camby is not a Center. If you don't like the trade I understand but there is no need to try to insult.

BTW , nice spelling brainiack.

Uh, what did I spell wrong, guy? I wrote "hath" on purpose. Did you really make this post on purpose? Like I said, Camby and Zach or even Kaman and Zach isn't a bad idea. But them trading Gordon for Zach, even before the Camby trade (nevermind now) is more than unlikely. It's impossible. That's why I suggested using your brain instead of your left nipple when thinking of trades and ideas for threads. No harm intended though my man. :D
kosmovitelli
RealGM
And1: 429

Post#22 » by kosmovitelli » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:23 pm

The Clippers could have used their cap space on Andre Iguodola, Luol Deng, Josh Smith or Emeka Okafor and they could have traded Mobley, Tim Thomas and a first round pick (or Gordon) for Zach Randolph.
Baron Davis, Andre Iguodola and Zach Randolph would have been an even better move for them, they would have a well balanced team.

For some reason, the Clippers didn't want to spend big bucks during this off-season. They opted to use their cap space on a 34 yrs PF while some younger and promising free agents were on the market.
If they didn't want to spend big bucks on promising players like Andre Iguodola, Luol Deng, Josh Smith or Emeka Okafor then they were not ready to spend $48M for Zach Randolph. And after getting Camby it's even less likely.
R33D33
General Manager
And1: 15
Location: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

Post#23 » by R33D33 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:31 pm

Ralphie96 wrote:
god shammgod wrote:we had our chance, walsh blew it. most of you won't admit it.

dont you think you are being a bit dramatic?? he didnt blow it...he has plenty of time to trade Randolph...Zbo is worth more than a 2nd rounder...why not wait to see if his value can increase this season...

next summer...i'm sure another team would be willing to offer a 2nd rounder for Zbo...at that point, maybe Walsh would take it.

Too bad 14 million in cap space is worth more than Zach Randolph, not to mention there wont be as any team as cheap as the clips to give us that kind of offer.
R33D33 wrote:Can we agree on this, get rid of all benefits corporations get from governments?
Bulltalk wrote:Not really.
‎"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." – H.L. Mencken
Ralphie96
Starter
And1: 54

Post#24 » by Ralphie96 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:34 pm

R33D33 wrote:
Ralphie96 wrote:
god shammgod wrote:we had our chance, walsh blew it. most of you won't admit it.

dont you think you are being a bit dramatic?? he didnt blow it...he has plenty of time to trade Randolph...Zbo is worth more than a 2nd rounder...why not wait to see if his value can increase this season...

next summer...i'm sure another team would be willing to offer a 2nd rounder for Zbo...at that point, maybe Walsh would take it.

Too bad 14 million in cap space is worth more than Zach Randolph, not to mention there wont be as any team as cheap as the clips to give us that kind of offer.

before the clippers made that offer did you think any team would offer what they did??? i know i didnt...

my whole point is just that its too early to judge.

Return to New York Knicks