ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Ron Artest is "Ghetto"

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

clear
Senior
And1: 10

Re: Artest may balk on trade! haha 

Post#21 » by clear » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:53 pm

RayStats34 wrote:
CanadianKnicksFan wrote:link or you just making this up?

He's making it up Artest isn't gonna balk he loves Rick adelman and the idea of playing with two superstars is appealing to anyone.

The dude regularly contradicts himself twice during the same news cycle. "I love it here, I want to retire as a Kings player but they need to trade me right now oh my god I'm so sorry I didn't mean it I love Sacramento but I will not stand for being disrespected so trade me. But don't."
xxrainnn
Lead Assistant
And1: 173

Re: Artest may balk on trade! haha 

Post#22 » by xxrainnn » Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:00 pm

Just Artest being Artest. Dude loves to stir up controversy. In the end he'll be in a Rockets uni no matter what, so it doesn't matter.
xxrainnn
Lead Assistant
And1: 173

Re: OT: Ron Artest is "Ghetto" 

Post#23 » by xxrainnn » Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:05 pm

Houston can live with his crazy personality. Atleast for a year. What matters to them most is what he brings to the court.
mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14

Post#24 » by mjhp911 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:49 pm

Hilarious. I think Yao was initially just trying to make a funny. Ron obviously caught feelings. I suspect it'll be smoothed out pretty quick, but it just shows you how volatile this guy still is. 'Still no remorse over that brawl too. What a guy...
richardhutnik
Banned User
And1: 10

Post#25 » by richardhutnik » Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:57 pm

frogfood wrote:HE's so dumb, but what Yao said was dumb too.

Didn't Yao say something like he hopes that Artest is beyond the days of blowing up like he did in the Palace?

- Rich
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies." - G. Marx
DE FENSE
RealGM
And1: 2,631

Post#26 » by DE FENSE » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:22 pm

So Ron Ron is basically saying if he is 'disrespected' by a fan again, he will do the same thing as the "Malice at the Palace" because his culture will never change? Unreal.
Governor Dudley
Starter
And1: 633

Post#27 » by Governor Dudley » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:29 pm

ron artest isn't a spokesperson for black folks. he needs to stfu.
ComeOnKnicks
Pro Prospect
And1: 7

Post#28 » by ComeOnKnicks » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:35 pm

Ron Artest is entertaining that's for sure!
mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#29 » by mjhp911 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:38 pm

ComeOnKnicks wrote:Ron Artest is entertaining that's for sure!

Hmm, which brings up a great idea... Marb interviewing Ron... it would be youtube's biggest hit...
ComeOnKnicks
Pro Prospect
And1: 7

Post#30 » by ComeOnKnicks » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:39 pm

mjhp911 wrote:
ComeOnKnicks wrote:Ron Artest is entertaining that's for sure!

Hmm, which brings up a great idea... Marb interviewing Ron... it would be youtube's biggest hit...

OH MAN! that needs to happen!!!!!!! :nod:
randomhero423
Head Coach
And1: 1

Post#31 » by randomhero423 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:50 pm

and you sir is a "racist"

anyway, ron ron's a good guy at heart. just got some anger issues. i think he'll fit in fine and ming will feel dumb for saying this.
My High School Basketball Articles:
www.nyhoops.com

My Sports Blog
myrandomsportsblog.blogspot.com
Smoke24
RealGM
And1: 11

Post#32 » by Smoke24 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:07 pm

Try going to your job and telling your employer that "Im Ghetto" and see how long you have a job. You can be a good guy all you want, but when the "ghetto" comes out, people tend to overlook that.
DE FENSE
RealGM
And1: 2,631

Post#33 » by DE FENSE » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:50 pm

Artest was just interviewed on PTI. He must have remembered to take his medication because he was saying all the right things.
Doctor_Harvey
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#34 » by Doctor_Harvey » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:58 pm

randomhero423 wrote:and you sir is a "racist"

anyway, ron ron's a good guy at heart. just got some anger issues. i think he'll fit in fine and ming will feel dumb for saying this.

Artest is a "good guy???" You are a fool!
The Kind/Gentle Dr. Harvey---By FAR, the Internet's Number ONE Most calm, relaxed, pleasant, good-natured, grandfatherly-like Poster!
andrenym00
Pro Prospect
And1: 16

Post#35 » by andrenym00 » Fri Aug 1, 2008 12:18 am

randomhero423
Head Coach
And1: 1

Post#36 » by randomhero423 » Fri Aug 1, 2008 1:13 am

Doctor_Harvey wrote:
randomhero423 wrote:and you sir is a "racist"

Artest is a "good guy???" You are a fool!

http://thestartingfive.wordpress.com/20 ... ep-it-100/

one excerpt:

"MT: Why is it important for you to give back to children?

RA: I think it’s important and should be especially a priority for me to give back to black people. I’m going to Honduras. They need my resources in Latin America. (Ron went to Honduras with Feed the Children in August and helped distribute food to families living in poverty). There’s a lot of poverty and neglect in the world and in our own country. I was also in Indiana and gave back to a poor white community that had a high dropout rate. BUT I have to give back to my people first and foremost. I know a lot of specifically black people that don’t give back. They change. I haven’t changed because of the money. You have kids that have gone to jail for dealing drugs. Then you may have someone out there that caught a domestic violence charge and people think they can’t change. You have black kids believing that. It’s my job to tell black kids that if you make a mistake, get back up on your feet. History shows that people make mistakes.

There are probably people in big business right now that were moving drugs to my neighborhood that you know people don’t know anything about. At the end of the day, we didn’t make cocaine where I’m from or we didn’t have the machinery to make guns. We don’t have that type of power or those types of resources. The drugs infest my people–my young little black brothas and sistas. It’s my job to tell these kids that the only reason why drugs and guns are here is for you to shoot yourselves and to slow your thought process. You have two things there that can wipe ya’ll out. One of my cousins made over a million dollars in my hood. He went to jail for seven years. My other cousin was moving drugs and went to jail for ten years. One of my other cousins got his head beat with a bat right in my hood. Either that’s going to happen to you or you are going to kill one of your brothers or sisters. The drugs you give them might affect a baby about to be born. All you are doing by dealing drugs is affecting your people. You are killing your people and making a little bit of money on the side.

I have to keep it 100% true.

That’s why I always go back. I went to Africa, the motherland. That’s where my people are from. We were shipped here but I wanted to make sure I went home. The next time I go, I’m going to make a bigger difference."

here's another interview: http://aol.nba.com/kings/features/Ron_Summer_2007.html
StutterStep
RealGM
And1: 58

Post#37 » by StutterStep » Fri Aug 1, 2008 2:03 am

Although Ron is one dude I've been unable to "wrap my hands around" because I grew up a St. John's fan in the days of Mullin, Berry, Glass, Jackson, etc... and I thought his (and subsequent) classes left the university in a lurch by declaring hardship, I think people are overreacting to this statement.

At first, I was appalled then laughed at the whole "black" and then "ghetto" culture. Then I realized what Ron was really talking about was "REAL" life. Let's be REAL: if someone throws a drink at you, what do you do?

So, for Artest, he equates that with "ghetto" because in that environment, REAL is important, i.e. Eazy-E: Reality is very important to me...

See, Ron cannot escape to that world where reality is a place "where I wouldn't want to live."

Yes, he misspoke, but I understand where he's coming from.
Elgallo0888
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#38 » by Elgallo0888 » Fri Aug 1, 2008 6:01 am

he was keeping it real lol....anywayz...he said he was disrespected..but ben wallace disrespected him first and he didnt do **** about...all he did was go and lay down at the scorers table...pliz this guy is an idiot...
mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#39 » by mjhp911 » Fri Aug 1, 2008 6:14 am

Elgallo0888 wrote:he was keeping it real lol....anywayz...he said he was disrespected..but ben wallace disrespected him first and he didnt do **** about...all he did was go and lay down at the scorers table...pliz this guy is an idiot...

Thank you. He didn't do jack to Ben, coz' Ben would have crushed him. Instead, he goes after the smallest guy in the stands... right next to the bigger guy, who in fact threw the cup at him. Ron's your typical bully. He's also got a chemical imbalance somewhere. It's only a matter of time before he explodes again. Hopefully, he can get another album out before then...
EricAnderson
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,180

Post#40 » by EricAnderson » Fri Aug 1, 2008 7:10 am

someone needs to tame this animal..

Return to New York Knicks