ImageImageImageImageImage

Jared Jeffries...a Bulls option??

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Famous1
Ballboy
And1: 0

Re: Jared Jeffries...a Bulls option?? 

Post#41 » by Famous1 » Fri Aug 1, 2008 12:59 am

Marbury/Nate
Hughes/Crawford
Chandler/Q
Lee/Gallinari
Curry/idk maybe randolph lol

Seems alright to me.
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,183

Post#42 » by KnicksGadfly » Fri Aug 1, 2008 1:38 am

Famous1 wrote:Marbury/Nate
Hughes/Crawford
Chandler/Q
Lee/Gallinari

Seems alright to me.

what happened to duhon >.> and why is hughes starting before crawford? just wondering lol.
StutterStep
RealGM
And1: 58

Post#43 » by StutterStep » Fri Aug 1, 2008 1:40 am

optimusADL wrote:Hughes for Jared and Rose ?

Done and Done

FK NO!! and I like Larry Hughes....

An expiring and a smaller contract for a guy they have no use for?

We're talking JJ/QRich for Hughes!

Also, in a pinch, JJ is our 2nd backup Center and defensive stopper at the 3 now that Balkman's gone!
egreezy
Senior
And1: 2

Post#44 » by egreezy » Fri Aug 1, 2008 2:23 am

I thought it would be interesting to see Jeffries play C instead of Curry. This move does make us a lot smaller and slower frontcourt. He would also be our 7th guard not counting QRich. For roster balance we shouldn't have over 3 players at a position.
Famous1
Ballboy

Post#45 » by Famous1 » Fri Aug 1, 2008 5:16 pm

knicksh20b wrote:
Famous1 wrote:Marbury/Nate
Hughes/Crawford
Chandler/Q
Lee/Gallinari

Seems alright to me.

what happened to duhon >.> and why is hughes starting before crawford? just wondering lol.

Yeah I forgot about duhon, but marbury IMO can still be solid, and nate is nate so.....

and the reason why I would start hughes is because hes a bigger guard, and can play D when he wants to. When Hughes wants to play, he is better than JC, I really just dont see JC anything more than a three chucker. Plus JC off the bench gives me a feeling that he can do better, coming in as the sixth man.
yungal07
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#46 » by yungal07 » Fri Aug 1, 2008 5:55 pm

NoLayupRule wrote:Wiz fans Boo him in part because they are boneheads and in part because they are mad at him for leaving strictly for the cash.

That's the most laughable statement ever.

That guy stunk for four years in a Wizards uni. I was relieved when that bum signed with the Knicks, and I still am. No one cared when he left for the money - most Wizards fans were in bewilderment when he was offered that ridiculous contract.

As for Jeffries playing center – if the Knicks are trying to get destroyed on the glass while offering no interior shotblocking, then yes, Jeffries would be a good choice for that.

I'm sure D'Antoni is ecstatic to go from Amare Stoudamire to Jared Jeffries in just a couple of months.
BowlingChick
Bench Warmer

Post#47 » by BowlingChick » Fri Aug 1, 2008 6:46 pm

Anyway we can get Jeffries out and a shorter contract in is good. But, I don't really see it happening.
knicks742 wrote:My vocal chords are still recovering after screaming for the cock.
mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14

Post#48 » by mjhp911 » Fri Aug 1, 2008 6:47 pm

yungal07 wrote:
NoLayupRule wrote:Wiz fans Boo him in part because they are boneheads and in part because they are mad at him for leaving strictly for the cash.

That's the most laughable statement ever.

That guy stunk for four years in a Wizards uni. I was relieved when that bum signed with the Knicks, and I still am. No one cared when he left for the money - most Wizards fans were in bewilderment when he was offered that ridiculous contract.

As for Jeffries playing center – if the Knicks are trying to get destroyed on the glass while offering no interior shotblocking, then yes, Jeffries would be a good choice for that.

I'm sure D'Antoni is ecstatic to go from Amare Stoudamire to Jared Jeffries in just a couple of months.

But Eddie Jordan and his teammates loved him, and that's what counts. 'Antoni is also happier now with a GM that believes in him, wants to work with him, and an owner that will spend for him.
FlashFlood
Rookie
And1: 509

Post#49 » by FlashFlood » Fri Aug 1, 2008 9:13 pm

I actually like Hughes... Smart ball player with lightning quickness. If he comes here, I doubt he supplants Crawford, but he would provide a great offensive/defensive dimension to the Knicks. Besides, who says d'Antoni's system needs a pure PG? The guy is the ultimate contrarian, I wouldnt be surprised if he fields both Hughes and Crawford together. Both are good ballhandlers and passers with good footspeed.

Return to New York Knicks