ImageImageImageImageImage

*LeBron to LEAVE the NBA? I TOLD YOU SO!

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Doctor_Harvey
Banned User
And1: 0

Re: *LeBron to LEAVE the NBA? I TOLD YOU SO! 

Post#61 » by Doctor_Harvey » Sat Aug 2, 2008 4:10 am

Supreme Commander wrote:
Doctor_Harvey wrote:you fools mimicked me

I'm pretty sure each and every poster would rather punch themselves as hard as they can in the crotch than mimic you.

Imitated but never duplicated! :o :o

Next case!
Smoke24
RealGM
And1: 11

Post#62 » by Smoke24 » Sat Aug 2, 2008 4:12 am

SoCal Knicks wrote:This is pure speculation, LB isn't going to play in Europe in 2010. LB I'm sure values winning NBA championships more then making a little more or about the same amount of money. I say this because he make more from his endorsement deals then he does on his NBA salary. The companies that pay him to endorse their products would want him to promote here in the state more then in europe.

LB is big here in the states, but he falls short in popularity around the world when it comes to sports because soccer is the number one sport in the in europe. Case in point, LB will never be as popular David Beckham as a global icon because basketball isn't as popular around the world as soccer ( I really should be calling it football) is.

Did Doc call us dunderheads??? :lol:

Anyway, If it is all about money for Lebron, then he can take his act somewhere else, I don't care anymore. Whatever happened to playing for the love of the game, obviously if money is his main focus then go ahead, go to europe, money can only make you happy for so long and being away from home probably wont make him all that happy.

Globally he's already large in China and thats a big market, not larger than yao, but big nonetheless. It may surprise people how big U.S. Athletes are overseas. He doesn't need to go for the money, but if he does then god bless him.
Doctor_Harvey
Banned User

Post#63 » by Doctor_Harvey » Sat Aug 2, 2008 4:16 am

Smoke24 wrote:
SoCal Knicks wrote:This is pure speculation, LB isn't going to play in Europe in 2010. LB I'm sure values winning NBA championships more then making a little more or about the same amount of money. I say this because he make more from his endorsement deals then he does on his NBA salary. The companies that pay him to endorse their products would want him to promote here in the state more then in europe.

LB is big here in the states, but he falls short in popularity around the world when it comes to sports because soccer is the number one sport in the in europe. Case in point, LB will never be as popular David Beckham as a global icon because basketball isn't as popular around the world as soccer ( I really should be calling it football) is.

Did Doc call us dunderheads??? :lol:

Anyway, If it is all about money for Lebron, then he can take his act somewhere else, I don't care anymore. Whatever happened to playing for the love of the game, obviously if money is his main focus then go ahead, go to europe, money can only make you happy for so long and being away from home probably wont make him all that happy.

Globally he's already large in China and thats a big market, not larger than yao, but big nonetheless. It may surprise people how big U.S. Athletes are overseas. He doesn't need to go for the money, but if he does then god bless him.

That's what I've been saying, Mr. Smokey! These USA Homeys are so naive! They don't realize how big US NBA super-stars are ALREADY in Europe/China!

Listen, LeBron (and/or other NBA super-stars) can go to Europe for a couple yrs then return. It's not necessarily a "life-sentence!"

But my point is/was, and still WILL be that the ONLY way around this exodus is to scrap the damn salary cap!!!
The Kind/Gentle Dr. Harvey---By FAR, the Internet's Number ONE Most calm, relaxed, pleasant, good-natured, grandfatherly-like Poster!
NikeAir
Banned User

Post#64 » by NikeAir » Sat Aug 2, 2008 4:22 am

Now that Obama is probably going to be prestident I'm thinking the iraq stuff is gonna end and the America's dollar value will rise again putting it ahead of the Euro. So Not many players will go there now that they won't have am many euros to throw around.
Doctor_Harvey
Banned User

Post#65 » by Doctor_Harvey » Sat Aug 2, 2008 4:27 am

NikeAir wrote:Now that Obama is probably going to be prestident I'm thinking the iraq stuff is gonna end and the America's dollar value will rise again putting it ahead of the Euro. So Not many players will go there now that they won't have am many euros to throw around.

Have you any earthly idea how far the US dollar is BEHIND the Euro?? The US dollar has fallen apart at the very seams! It would take yrs, if not decades for the dollar to attain even PARITY with the powerful Euro!
SoCal Knicks
Junior
Location: Proudly sporting the blue and orange in Laker land.

Post#66 » by SoCal Knicks » Sat Aug 2, 2008 4:29 am

Doctor_Harvey wrote:

Bless them, oh Lord, for they are sooooooooooo naive!

No basketball endorsements for NBA super-stars who might migrate to Europe, huh? Ha ha ha!! Sooooo naive!

They DO wear sneakers in Europe, Homey! And Nike DOES sell sneakers in Europe! And b-ball is gaining in popularity by leaps and bounds!

Bless them, oh Lord!

Hey old man... Do you really think LB will sell shoes here in the states as well if he move abroad as oppose to staying here? My answer is no. You figure all endorsement deals have clauses in them that allows the player to make more money while playing in larger markets, i.e. In LA, NY, vs in smaller markets. So do you think Nike would want LB here in the states, where Nike BASKETBALL SHOES sell much better here then in Europe, due to SOCCER is the #1 sport there? IF LB was a soccer player that would be different. So do you think Nike would much rather him stay here in the states or go abroad?
NikeAir
Banned User

Post#67 » by NikeAir » Sat Aug 2, 2008 4:31 am

Doctor_Harvey wrote:
NikeAir wrote:Now that Obama is probably going to be prestident I'm thinking the iraq stuff is gonna end and the America's dollar value will rise again putting it ahead of the Euro. So Not many players will go there now that they won't have am many euros to throw around.

Have you any earthly idea how far the US dollar is BEHIND the Euro?? The US dollar has fallen apart at the very seams! It would take yrs, if not decades for the dollar to attain even PARITY with the powerful Euro!

Ah, crap then the NBA might get F*** if LeBron gos over there which he probably won't
Doctor_Harvey
Banned User

Post#68 » by Doctor_Harvey » Sat Aug 2, 2008 4:33 am

SoCal Knicks wrote:
Doctor_Harvey wrote:

Bless them, oh Lord, for they are sooooooooooo naive!

No basketball endorsements for NBA super-stars who might migrate to Europe, huh? Ha ha ha!! Sooooo naive!

They DO wear sneakers in Europe, Homey! And Nike DOES sell sneakers in Europe! And b-ball is gaining in popularity by leaps and bounds!

Bless them, oh Lord!

Hey old man... Do you really think LB will sell shoes here in the states as well if he move abroad as oppose to staying here? My answer is no. You figure all endorsement deals have clauses in them that allows the player to make more money while playing in larger markets, i.e. In LA, NY, vs in smaller markets. So do you think Nike would want LB here in the states, where Nike BASKETBALL SHOES sell much better here then in Europe, due to SOCCER is the #1 sport there? IF LB was a soccer player that would be different. So do you think Nike would much rather him stay here in the states or go abroad?

ONE more time for the hearing impaired: Nike sells shoes in Europe/Asia!

Further, did it ever damn upon you that LeBron could endorse cars such as Mercedes/BMW/Audi?

Maybe you need to admit that the USA is not the only industrialized country in the world!

Next case!
The Kind/Gentle Dr. Harvey---By FAR, the Internet's Number ONE Most calm, relaxed, pleasant, good-natured, grandfatherly-like Poster!
Doctor_Harvey
Banned User

Post#69 » by Doctor_Harvey » Sat Aug 2, 2008 4:36 am

NikeAir wrote:
Doctor_Harvey wrote:

Ah, crap then the NBA might get F*** if LeBron gos over there which he probably won't

Folks, folks, let us not focus on just LeBron. There are also other NBA super-stars who could/will migrate for the big bucks. THAT'S why Stern must abolish the cap!
SoCal Knicks
Junior

Post#70 » by SoCal Knicks » Sat Aug 2, 2008 5:02 am

wow... you are good. you can tell if people are hearing impaired over the internet. :roll: Well if he did leave the states he might lose his endorsement deal with state farm insurance.

LB makes so much money already, I think he want to solidify his place in NBA history. He can only do that while playing in the NBA. I really don't see him leaving in his prime.

This is just one of Doc. attempt to disrupt this board with his antics. He's started all this with a article that has no legs to it. It was a pure speculated article, it even states that in the article.
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,801

Post#71 » by Rich Rane » Sat Aug 2, 2008 5:15 am

SoCal Knicks wrote:He's started all this with a article that has no legs to it. It was a pure speculated article, it even states that in the article.

Now I resent this. Ian Thomson is very credible.

http://www.fanhouse.com/2007/07/07/spor ... got-punkd/
http://blogs.nypost.com/sports/knicks/a ... eview.html
http://blogs.citypages.com/sports/2005/11/ (number 3)
Doctor_Harvey
Banned User

Post#72 » by Doctor_Harvey » Sat Aug 2, 2008 12:42 pm

LeBron is not the only super-star who could defect to Europe. There are others who could also greatly impact the NBA in a negative way if they depart.

I'll say it again: Unless Stern either does away with the salary cap or greatly adjusts it, we WILL lose top talent to the Euro League. Mark my words!
SoCal Knicks
Junior

Post#73 » by SoCal Knicks » Sat Aug 2, 2008 1:00 pm

Doctor_Harvey wrote:LeBron is not the only super-star who could defect to Europe. There are others who could also greatly impact the NBA in a negative way if they depart.

I'll say it again: Unless Stern either does away with the salary cap or greatly adjusts it, we WILL lose top talent to the Euro League. Mark my words!

Well then, don't you think you should change the title to something else then? Because your title is misleading. A title of "*LeBron to LEAVE the NBA? I TOLD YOU SO!", kind of indicates that you want to talk about LeBron not other NBA stars. Then again, that would mean you shouldn't have started this thread, but instead you should have bumped the ridiculous thread you started about the NBA disappearing in soon. Because, after all you are using the same arguments you used in that thread too, not really bring anything new.
bringinhinkie
General Manager
And1: 930

Post#74 » by bringinhinkie » Sat Aug 2, 2008 1:09 pm

VinnyTheMick wrote:Just shut the f_ck up. Lebron will not play outside of the NBA.
DE FENSE
RealGM
And1: 2,631

Post#75 » by DE FENSE » Sat Aug 2, 2008 1:49 pm

Aren't threads which are totally baseless (like this one) usually locked? Instead this one is thriving? Color me confused.
NYStateofMind
Lead Assistant
And1: 4

Post#76 » by NYStateofMind » Sat Aug 2, 2008 2:54 pm

It's thriving simply because of the overall ridiculousness of the topic combined with the stubbornness and warped perception of reality displayed by the author.

The fact is that the NBA is the most "esteemed" basketball league in the world. It is the highest grossing league and the most successful overall out of any basketball league including European ones. If LeBron can win multiple championships in the NBA he will gain more recognition and endorsement money than he could ever make in Europe. It's as simple as that. No amount of money could lure LeBron to Europe because he would lose popularity in the US if not for the fact that he becomes irrelevant in America, for the fact that to most he'll be looked at as a sellout. LeBron has a history of not doing things that could potentially hurt his public image. See: NBA Slam Dunk Contest. It really shouldn't even be a debate. This was a purely speculative article which you have twisted into some faux legitimate story that somehow proves your point.

Please stop being so close-minded and please stop posting under two names to help boost your arguments. If you're not banned for your overall demeanor on this board, you'll sure as hell receive one for that. And please don't deny it. It's obvious and equally pathetic. Just stop now before a mod catches wind. Or don't.

On second thought, don't...

Return to New York Knicks