ImageImageImageImageImage

Nate Robinson: Ready For The Mike D'Antoni Era

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,211

Re: Nate Robinson: Ready For The Mike D'Antoni Era 

Post#21 » by KnicksGadfly » Mon Aug 4, 2008 11:23 pm

I'm glad that the players have confidence in themselves. If they came in each season playing like crap and not trying because they thought they couldn't make the playoffs, I don't think I'd root for this team.
ITGM
RealGM
And1: 7,986

Post#22 » by ITGM » Mon Aug 4, 2008 11:28 pm

Jose7© wrote:Nate playing 30-35mins a game? Whaaaaaaa.

I bet Duhon was told he'd get 40 minutes a game, Mike sure knows how to sweet talk the ladies :lol:
Da_Mane_Man
General Manager
And1: 1,590

Post#23 » by Da_Mane_Man » Tue Aug 5, 2008 12:42 am

that was a good interview as usual from nate. the part that was the most interesting to me though was the part about isiah's "i'd rather have you take a bad shot than make a turnover" philosophy. obviously that's common sense and everyone knows that. by isiah saying it so much it seems like he actually encouraged all that dribbling and standing around. players were probably like "screw it, i'd rather shoot than risk having my pass intercepted" CLANNK!
enivel
Junior
And1: 0

Post#24 » by enivel » Tue Aug 5, 2008 8:33 am

I believe that Curry can shoot the ball. Remember that game against Milwaukee when Eddy tied it at the end of regulation on a 3 from the corner that was a set play? Now, slimming down I'm not so sure about...
Gold Chain
RealGM
And1: 161

Post#25 » by Gold Chain » Tue Aug 5, 2008 6:32 pm

I like what the Knicks are trying to do with a new system coach, younger guys and I think Nate will at least be able to run the D'Antoni offence with some success.
That said, no chance the Knicks are a playoff team this year, but I feel like next year sans Marbury that there is a chance. East is WAY too strong for this NYK current sqaud.

Return to New York Knicks