ImageImageImageImageImage

Why Are Knick Fans/ Knicks Orginization So Hated???

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

TheBluest
Banned User
And1: 8
Location: Lottery Bound...Banned From UK 2-11-09 @ 12:30 am by Martin LOL!

Re: Why Are Knick Fans/ Knicks Orginization So Hated??? 

Post#21 » by TheBluest » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:06 pm

TKF wrote:
TheBluest wrote:We haven't done any favors for ourselves that's for sure, team and fan wise. The Franchise has been probably the most incompetent ran in NBA history the past decade. The players we've assembled as what would be assumed our Core the past 5yrs have been the worst collection of athletes, with very few exceptions, one could imagine of putting together. Our fan base has essentially no standard, are extremely homeristic, and point blank up until last yr were accepting the product being presented to them. Looks like we're back to this point again. Then we have quite a few fans who aren't really that intelligent but act like they are. I mean just this summer alone, about half of this board didn't know the advantage or what a TPE was. I'm not sure if it's due to age or simply an overall lack of intelligence. As far as the outsiders go, some will hate just to hate and some have given fair criticism to this franchise. I personally ignore all the criticism and take it as a given until we start changing the culture and winning games. Bottom line is the W, there is no other standard, including looking pretty or being entertaining while losing.

Let me ask you a question. What proof do you have of that? Did you read where fans came out and said as a whole? We love what is going on? or do you hear boos at the garden? do you hear fire Isiah chants? And let me ask you this? did you watch the knicks last year, or did you tune in to watch another team, a better product? because if you didn't, then you are one of those who have no standards either. personally, I have purchased the NBA league pass for the past 12+ years or since it first came out, and I along with the knicks have chosen to watch other teams, other products that were just superior to the knicks. Did you do the same? Because if you continued to watch this horrible product, what does that say? are you a homer? or are you just like the rest of us? diehard fans...

I would not be so arrogant to sit here and call people homers and accepting low standards, just because they root for their team through thick and thin. No one here I am sure likes what is happenning. No one!!! can they control that? not really, doesn't mean they have accepted it. This forum is full of fans who have protested scott layden, booed Isiah, and ridiculed lazy players. Our standards have not changed on bit. I think it is pretty arrogant to sit back and say that as if you are above the average fan because you sit there and complain and whine 24/7.. yet watch the games.. that doesn't make you a realist, I can tell you that....

An emotional wrecked up post LOL!

Homerism can be looked at in many different aspects let me broaden your horizon. A lot of what you stated above doesn't apply. You can boo and still be a homer. I turned away from the Knicks many games last yr. Didn't even watch the last month of games hardly not sure how many others did this but the fact 20,000 fans pay a pretty penny to pack the Garden when the team is going nowhere is an eye opener regardless if they boo them while they are there.

First and foremost for the past 5-6 yrs every major Free Agent or rumored Big Name player was supposedly going to wearing Orange and Blue, that's if you talked to a Knick Fan. Then with the same thread being sewn when it came down to what we thought the probabilities were compared to other teams, no other team had better packages to offer to acquire these players. Oh how we forget the days when Kobe was coming to New York... you could log on to this site(I know this site doesn't reflect all of New York but it's a good gauge) and see several trade proposals not involving Lee, picks, or any other young player but instead you saw "This should get it done Curry/Crawford/Jeffries for Kobe" followed up with "Throw in Lee/Balkman if they want to get rid of Bynum"

Second what about David Lee this summer. He's worth a Top 5 pick supposedly but many say "If we do decide to sign him to a contract extension 5yrs/$35mil should get it done."

When we got Zach Randolph and the season projections were taking place, Many fans had us ranked in the 4rth and 5th spots and advancing to the Semi Rounds in the playoffs.

During the off season Fans thought Stern was going to rig the Lottery so we'd get the number one pick because it would be good for basketball.

The fact that most feel players want to play here because of the Knicks vs playing here because the checkbook is here. Matter of fact name a Big Name player that has come here via FA S&T or MLE that many teams wanted to sign over the past 10yrs? Jerome, Effries, Duhon, Crawford, Curry, seriously we shouldn't be counting them. No one really wanted to sign these guys and they came here for one reason only. Yet fans keep saying players want to play here. Do they really or do they want to get paid here... Big Difference.

2yrs ago you had fans saying Curry>>>>>>>>>>Dwight Howard.

I could go on and list some many other homeristic examples.
NewEra
RealGM
And1: 13,330

Post#22 » by NewEra » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:20 pm

Jesus Juice wrote:so if they sat on the bench and looked sad and dejected would that make u feel better? a loss is a loss, and I understand the booing, the Knicks arent the first team to have a tough time, and wont be the last. I don't think you understand how hard it is to win a title, in like the last 20 years only 8 different teams out of 30 have won a title! I am not saying we arent warrented to be mad, but alot of other teams can be just as mad, you don't see them doing what we do. Us booing everything managment does and our public chastizing doesn't help anything, the players value is shot, I use seattle again. what has ray allen and rashard lewis accomplished in before last year, besides one playoff appearence, but lewis can get a huge contract, and ray allen can fetch a fifth overall pick. what can marbury get us, zach can't get anything but his numbers are just as good as others mentioned, plus he isn't as selfish as others would think when he gets 2 assists a game. We don't help with the public's view of our team.

Booing is a part of the game. Especially here in New York City. If your team's doing good, what do you do? Yeeeeeaaaah!!!! If your team is doing bad, what do you do? Booooooooo!!! If your team is doing bad, but you can at least see that they're trying, what do you do? Yeeeeeeaaaahhhh!!!!!. If your team's losing and you have guys on the bench that are laughing it's unacceptable! Certain players on this team are worth being valued and some are just not.
BAF- 2020 Champs | 2021 2k Champs
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 116

Post#23 » by TKF » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:53 pm

TheBluest wrote:
TKF wrote:
TheBluest wrote:We haven't done any favors for ourselves that's for sure, team and fan wise. The Franchise has been probably the most incompetent ran in NBA history the past decade. The players we've assembled as what would be assumed our Core the past 5yrs have been the worst collection of athletes, with very few exceptions, one could imagine of putting together. Our fan base has essentially no standard, are extremely homeristic, and point blank up until last yr were accepting the product being presented to them. Looks like we're back to this point again. Then we have quite a few fans who aren't really that intelligent but act like they are. I mean just this summer alone, about half of this board didn't know the advantage or what a TPE was. I'm not sure if it's due to age or simply an overall lack of intelligence. As far as the outsiders go, some will hate just to hate and some have given fair criticism to this franchise. I personally ignore all the criticism and take it as a given until we start changing the culture and winning games. Bottom line is the W, there is no other standard, including looking pretty or being entertaining while losing.

Let me ask you a question. What proof do you have of that? Did you read where fans came out and said as a whole? We love what is going on? or do you hear boos at the garden? do you hear fire Isiah chants? And let me ask you this? did you watch the knicks last year, or did you tune in to watch another team, a better product? because if you didn't, then you are one of those who have no standards either. personally, I have purchased the NBA league pass for the past 12+ years or since it first came out, and I along with the knicks have chosen to watch other teams, other products that were just superior to the knicks. Did you do the same? Because if you continued to watch this horrible product, what does that say? are you a homer? or are you just like the rest of us? diehard fans...

I would not be so arrogant to sit here and call people homers and accepting low standards, just because they root for their team through thick and thin. No one here I am sure likes what is happenning. No one!!! can they control that? not really, doesn't mean they have accepted it. This forum is full of fans who have protested scott layden, booed Isiah, and ridiculed lazy players. Our standards have not changed on bit. I think it is pretty arrogant to sit back and say that as if you are above the average fan because you sit there and complain and whine 24/7.. yet watch the games.. that doesn't make you a realist, I can tell you that....

An emotional wrecked up post LOL!

Homerism can be looked at in many different aspects let me broaden your horizon. A lot of what you stated above doesn't apply. You can boo and still be a homer. I turned away from the Knicks many games last yr. Didn't even watch the last month of games hardly not sure how many others did this but the fact 20,000 fans pay a pretty penny to pack the Garden when the team is going nowhere is an eye opener regardless if they boo them while they are there.

First and foremost for the past 5-6 yrs every major Free Agent or rumored Big Name player was supposedly going to wearing Orange and Blue, that's if you talked to a Knick Fan. Then with the same thread being sewn when it came down to what we thought the probabilities were compared to other teams, no other team had better packages to offer to acquire these players. Oh how we forget the days when Kobe was coming to New York... you could log on to this site(I know this site doesn't reflect all of New York but it's a good gauge) and see several trade proposals not involving Lee, picks, or any other young player but instead you saw "This should get it done Curry/Crawford/Jeffries for Kobe" followed up with "Throw in Lee/Balkman if they want to get rid of Bynum"

Second what about David Lee this summer. He's worth a Top 5 pick supposedly but many say "If we do decide to sign him to a contract extension 5yrs/$35mil should get it done."

When we got Zach Randolph and the season projections were taking place, Many fans had us ranked in the 4rth and 5th spots and advancing to the Semi Rounds in the playoffs.

During the off season Fans thought Stern was going to rig the Lottery so we'd get the number one pick because it would be good for basketball.

The fact that most feel players want to play here because of the Knicks vs playing here because the checkbook is here. Matter of fact name a Big Name player that has come here via FA S&T or MLE that many teams wanted to sign over the past 10yrs? Jerome, Effries, Duhon, Crawford, Curry, seriously we shouldn't be counting them. No one really wanted to sign these guys and they came here for one reason only. Yet fans keep saying players want to play here. Do they really or do they want to get paid here... Big Difference.

2yrs ago you had fans saying Curry>>>>>>>>>>Dwight Howard.

I could go on and list some many other homeristic examples.

All you did in your post, was take a minority of young posters who post things like, "Jared jeffries is the next scotty pippen" and you lump every knick fan in that catetgory.. That kind of post lacks integrity.. It really does... There are all types of fans that feel different things, some extreme going both ways, but you have yet to prove, as a whole that this forum, or NY fans, have no standards are are homers because of the few Isolated examples you just gave.... sorry...
Jesus Juice
Bench Warmer
And1: 475

Post#24 » by Jesus Juice » Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:08 pm

booing is part of the game.... booing the draft pick, protest and chants for getting rid of Isiah, booing one of our better players in Marbury, when he for the most part leaves it on the court. That isn't cool. Yes we can get our point across, but really as I stated before, Find a franchise that gets treated half as bad as the fans treat this NYK franchise. Atl has been bad forever, The Magic were bad for a while, Grizzles were bad for a while, bobcats are bad, the fans of those teams don't do what we do to our franchise.
NewEra
RealGM
And1: 13,330

Post#25 » by NewEra » Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:29 pm

Jesus Juice wrote:booing is part of the game.... booing the draft pick, protest and chants for getting rid of Isiah, booing one of our better players in Marbury, when he for the most part leaves it on the court. That isn't cool. Yes we can get our point across, but really as I stated before, Find a franchise that gets treated half as bad as the fans treat this NYK franchise. Atl has been bad forever, The Magic were bad for a while, Grizzles were bad for a while, bobcats are bad, the fans of those teams don't do what we do to our franchise.

Not one of those teams you just named have the type of history and expectations that our team has. We were one of the top teams in the league as far as being competitive night in night out at one point. Now we have a bunch of heartless garbage on this team (except for a few). Another thing, you have to realize that this is NY. We express ourselves like no one else, that's what we do. We don't care. If the Knicks are doing well we'll be the first to let them know, but if they do bad we let them know also and that's not going to change.

However I never agreed with booing Danillo. Most of the fans that were booing him either never saw this guy play aside from a few YouTube videos, or thought that we could have aquired better all around talent such as Mayo, Bayless, or Gordon.
BAF- 2020 Champs | 2021 2k Champs
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,678

Post#26 » by Basti » Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:49 pm

as a non-knicks fan I have to say that I really enjoy coming to your board. and no, it is not a joy caused by homerism or other pathetic actions. I think that you have many posters that seem to be loyal to the Knicks even in the worst time in their history ever. keep it up.

remember: to fully enjoy winning you have to lose first and I know how bad losing is plus my favorite team used to be managed Isiah-like as well.
Paeds
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#27 » by Paeds » Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:07 pm

There are all types of fans that feel different things, some extreme going both ways,

Hey hey, keep Bill Bradley out of this TKF:)
Tommy Udo 6
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 28

Post#28 » by Tommy Udo 6 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:47 pm

All teams have "homers" & I can assure you that NY fans are not the worse "homers". Not even close.

Sure, there is an arrogance to NY fans when their teams are doing well, but it is no worse than fans of other teams.

I really dont think NY fans are as hated as the title implies.

I know some Boards get irritated by some of the loony trade proposals. Unfortunately the realistic Knick fans dont always post on other Forums so opinions are incorrectly formed,
The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials.
- -- Chinese proverb
Rockmaninoff
General Manager
And1: 1,667

Post#29 » by Rockmaninoff » Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:43 pm

I'm a Milwaukee Bucks supporter, but I love the Knicks and their fans. History and passion, what's wrong with that? Great NBA moments, classic uniforms, timeless venue. It all works for me.

I like this board as well. Some very funny topics, and even some political stuff, which is outlawed on the Bucks board.

Don't change a thing though. Talking politics with sports fans, is always so much better than talking politics with fans of politics.

I'm a big D'Antoni fan, so I'm pulling for you guys even more so this season. As long as you don't keep the Bucks out of the playoffs, that is!
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:The fight for civil rights just like for liberty and justice and peace won't be won by man. It will take a god...so lets move on to sports.

Magic Giannison wrote:Giannis is god but even god's cannot save our **** team.
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,678

Post#30 » by Basti » Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:58 pm

Tommy Udo 6 wrote:All teams have "homers" & I can assure you that NY fans are not the worse "homers". Not even close.

yeah not even close. I won't call any names but I think there a few fan bases being notorious of having a lot of homers

Return to New York Knicks