ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: How 'bout them Angels?

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

eviL
Lead Assistant
And1: 12

OT: How 'bout them Angels? 

Post#1 » by eviL » Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:01 am

Maybe this one wont get locked. Can I at least get an explanation why it was locked? I wasn't goading anyone, except maybe Phils fans, but there are none on this board as far as I know.

How can a Mets thread be locked, while posters like Harvey, Vlad, Andre, can make posts and threads goading as much as they want?

Anyway, back to the discussion at hand.. The Angels look pretty dominant this year. I think Teixiera put them over the top, but Scioscia is working the hell outta K-Rod, they better hope his arm doesn't fall off.

Angels > Boston > Tampa Bay?
Smoke24
RealGM
And1: 11

Re: OT: How 'bout them Angels? 

Post#2 » by Smoke24 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:05 am

evil_e wrote:Maybe this one wont get locked. Can I at least get an explanation why it was locked? I wasn't goading anyone, except maybe Phils fans, but there are none on this board as far as I know.

How can a Mets thread be locked, while posters like Harvey, Vlad, Andre, can make posts and threads goading as much as they want?

Anyway, back to the discussion at hand.. The Angels look pretty dominant this year. I think Teixiera put them over the top, but Scioscia is working the hell outta K-Rod, they better hope his arm doesn't fall off.

Who told you that lie. lol.

Tampa has dominated the Angels this year for whatever strange reason. And Bostons Pitching is awful at the moment so they're not catching the Rays they'll be the Wild Card team because of the offense.

And the Mets???? They're gonna win that division by default.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,119

Post#3 » by blueNorange » Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:36 am

it's gonna suck whoever signs k-rod ... he's not throwing as hard as he used to and i don't like he throwing motion.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
krustytheclown
Lead Assistant
And1: 8

Post#4 » by krustytheclown » Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:16 am

tampa>angels>twins>redsox kthnx
eviL
Lead Assistant
And1: 12

Post#5 » by eviL » Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:20 am

Smoke24 wrote:
evil_e wrote:Maybe this one wont get locked. Can I at least get an explanation why it was locked? I wasn't goading anyone, except maybe Phils fans, but there are none on this board as far as I know.

Who told you that lie. lol.

Tampa has dominated the Angels this year for whatever strange reason. And Bostons Pitching is awful at the moment so they're not catching the Rays they'll be the Wild Card team because of the offense.

And the Mets???? They're gonna win that division by default.

Tampa is inexperienced. There's something about them that bothers me. I mean when they play well, they look good.. But when they lose, they look totally flat. They coast into the postseason, but if and when they hit a rut and go thru a cold streak, forget it for them. That said, they're the team I want to come out of the AL.

The Angels better hope their pitching stays healthy and their bats stay hot. Angels/Mets would make a hell of a series imo.

Boston is like the Spurs of the AL, aging, experienced, perennial contenders. JBay is scary good too, if he can produce in October and Youk doesn't fall off.. All they need is a 100% Beckett to be right back in the WS.

blueNorange wrote:it's gonna suck whoever signs k-rod ... he's not throwing as hard as he used to and i don't like he throwing motion.

:lol: I seen a lot of interMet fans talking about breaking the bank for K-Rod.. :rofl:

:blank:

marbury2curry wrote:tampa>angels>twins>redsox kthnx

Wow, Twins > Sox? There's no way they do any kind of damage if they make it into the post season.
krustytheclown
Lead Assistant
And1: 8

Post#6 » by krustytheclown » Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:22 am

id break the bank for krod
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,269

Post#7 » by Luv those Knicks » Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:41 am

I love talking mets with fellow met fans on this board. I've been to the baseball board, but it's too dead. Too slow, so I go to NYFutureStars for my Met fix.

As to your question why it was locked, I think it wasn't news, it was just general excitement.

When News comes up - like the Mets gettign Santana, or the Jets getting Farve, or the Giants - you know, doing that kinda cool thing they did in January - that's thread worty.

But random "Rah Rah" threads might seem lockable to a mod.

and some of our mods are dedicated yankee fans.

Certainly this last game could have gone either way. Delgado was hot and the mets got the win, and in the end, a 3-2 win means just as much as a 10-0 win, but the mets have been hot lately.

and in addition to being hot, there's a lot to like:

Murphy looks like a legit bench guy for the rest of the year and playoffs.

Pelfrey and Ollie have been pitching very well last 2 months. That could be a very strong 3 pitcher rotation with Santana come playoffs.

Maine had been solid and Pedro's pitched well enough keep us in most of his games. Don't love the 4.97 ERA but his ERA was 7.39 on July 2nd, covering his first 7 starts. He's been pretty good since then, and as a #5 starter, Pedro isn't bad. It'll be interesting to see which Starter NY removes from the Rotation if they make the playoffs.

Wright and Delgado have been hot lately.

Argenis Reyes has been very solid. (Rubin Gotay who?)

Tatis has filled in for Ryan Church and/or Moses Alou admirably.

Church is due back in a day or two and Luis Ayala should help the pen.

As far as the record, the Mets have been 29-12 going back to their 10 game win streak starting July 5th.

Love the starting pitchers
Like the position players a lot, even if it's OF by committee.
Love the bench - could be the best bench I've ever seen.
Not too crazy about the pen, but they have held their own last week or so.

and I wouldn't count the Phillies out. They are struggling a little, 9-10 in August but they were 15-10 in July. Philly isn't dead yet.

But it's been a good 6 weeks to be a mets fan and talk of playoffs may be premature, but talk about the solid play from this team is not. Mets have looked good. It would be nice to see them have a good september for once. 2006 they coasted and 2007, well, let's not talk about 2007.

- - - -

Even when this team was a few games under 500 this year, I felt they had the talent. They just hadn't put it together yet.
Embiid wanted to win so badly, he deliberately injured Mitchell Robinson.

Classy.
Jose7
RealGM
And1: 6,877

Post#8 » by Jose7 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:22 am

We need leads back on this board.
BAF Suns

Chris Paul / Patrick Beverley / Shamorie Ponds
Buddy Hield / Timothy Luwawu / Stanley Johnson
Kendrick Nunn / Matisse Thybulle / Darius Miller
RJ Barrett / Kyle Kuzma / Dwayne Bacon
DeAndre Jordan / Kenrich Williams / DJ Wilson
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,269

Post#9 » by Luv those Knicks » Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:36 am

Jose7© wrote:We need leads back on this board.

Major was great when it came to talking mets. He got suspended for actions on the CA board. Nothing he did here.

Though I did find his Knick Bashing and Bush loving kinda tiresome, overall the good outweighed the bad. I miss him too.
Embiid wanted to win so badly, he deliberately injured Mitchell Robinson.

Classy.
MANSNY
Senior
And1: 10

Post#10 » by MANSNY » Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:42 am

Mets record with,
Willie Randolph 34-35 .493
Jerry Manuel 36-22 .621

What a big difference.
Jose7
RealGM
And1: 6,877

Post#11 » by Jose7 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:58 am

Luv those Knicks wrote:
Jose7© wrote:We need leads back on this board.

Major was great when it came to talking mets. He got suspended for actions on the CA board. Nothing he did here.

Though I did find his Knick Bashing and Bush loving kinda tiresome, overall the good outweighed the bad. I miss him too.

I remember back on the old knicks board the Mets/Yanks rivalry thread. Someone posted beltran/cameron and I think he posted a Corey Liddle photo, that was OD but ya I miss him bashing the KNicks, talking the mets. Dude was hillarious.
BAF Suns

Chris Paul / Patrick Beverley / Shamorie Ponds
Buddy Hield / Timothy Luwawu / Stanley Johnson
Kendrick Nunn / Matisse Thybulle / Darius Miller
RJ Barrett / Kyle Kuzma / Dwayne Bacon
DeAndre Jordan / Kenrich Williams / DJ Wilson
Lord Commander
Head Coach
And1: 1,639

Post#12 » by Lord Commander » Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:30 pm

MANSNY wrote:Mets record with,