ImageImageImageImageImage

Line up next year?

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

NikeAir
Banned User
And1: 0

Line up next year? 

Post#1 » by NikeAir » Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:22 pm

Are we going to start our young talent and let them develop their games or are we going to play the crap we had before and watch them screw up really bad at the run and gun system I think it going to be
Randolph-Curry
Lee-Gallo-Jefferies
Gallinari-Q-Rich-Ewing JR
Chandler-Crawford
Duhon-Nate

Buy out James
Buy out Rose
Cut Collins
Buy out Marbury
Jose7
RealGM
And1: 6,877

Re: Line up next year? 

Post#2 » by Jose7 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:40 pm

Why are we cutting Collins, Marbury or Rose?

Marbury has value as a trade commodity. Same goes with Rose and the fact that he is a good teammate. Collins contract isn't guaranteed after this year as the team holds options so you see if he develops this year and then make you're decision.

Randolph starting at center? Crawford off the bench? Come on now.
BAF Suns

Chris Paul / Patrick Beverley / Shamorie Ponds
Buddy Hield / Timothy Luwawu / Stanley Johnson
Kendrick Nunn / Matisse Thybulle / Darius Miller
RJ Barrett / Kyle Kuzma / Dwayne Bacon
DeAndre Jordan / Kenrich Williams / DJ Wilson
NikeAir
Banned User

Post#3 » by NikeAir » Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:43 pm

Jose7© wrote:Why are we cutting Collins, Marbury or Rose?

Marbury has value as a trade commodity. Same goes with Rose and the fact that he is a good teammate. Collins contract isn't guaranteed after this year as the team holds options so you see if he develops this year and then make you're decision.

Marbs is a cancer and he is over payed and we should let him go for cap space and Collins just plain sucks, we cut Rose to prevent a log jam at the 5 or 4
vallen
RealGM
And1: 3,058

Post#4 » by vallen » Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:47 pm

Marbury can also teach are young guns how to black mail coaches, cause fights in the locker rooms, score with interns, while married, then profess his love for god, and of course his personal best, how to do live interviews and handle the Media.....

I think people are going to wait to see what our roster actually consists of before putting together rosters...Especially with pending trade rumors on the wire....But I believe our youth will get legit minutes either way.
There's something about an underdog that really inspires the unexceptional.
VinnyTheMick
RealGM
And1: 5

Post#5 » by VinnyTheMick » Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:58 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
http://www.nyccan.org/
Ask questions. Demand answers.
A foolish faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth.- Albert Einstein
King Jaffy Jo
Rookie
And1: 11

Post#6 » by King Jaffy Jo » Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:51 pm

i would cut collins and keep rose and marbury around.

rose could be used for a trade of some sort and steph is still better than a lot of our guys no matter how much you hate him. with this new regime, its all business so he'd have to prove himself worthy. Any BS from now on in, i'm pretty sure they'll address it right away but if they can keep him tamed and playing up to his potential especially during a contract year... id say keep him.

im curious what the line up will be though. Definitely wouldnt be surprised if Duhon is the starter
kNiCk_PriDe
Assistant Coach
And1: 86

Post#7 » by kNiCk_PriDe » Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:35 pm

damn, how many times is someone gonna make a thread about this?
~kNiCk PriDe~
ctorres
RealGM
And1: 3,563

Post#8 » by ctorres » Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:52 pm

If Marbury and Randolph are in great shape to start training camp, I would pencil them into the starting lineup. Marbury and Randolph can win back the fans (and the rest of the team) if they can help the Knicks be a winning team. Winning cures everything and I'm sure a lot of what happened in the past would be easily forgotten if Marbury and Randolph play well and the Knicks compete for a playoff spot.

PG: Stephon Marbury
SG: Jamal Crawford
SF: Quentin Richardson
PF: Zach Randolph
C: Eddy Curry
----------------------------------
Chris Duhon
Wilson Chandler
David Lee

Nate will have trouble finding minutes if Marbury, Crawford, and Duhon are playing well.

D'Antoni loves Q-Rich and Q-Rich loves D'Antoni. I don't see anyway that Q-Rich comes off the bench and plays a limited role.

I'm concerned about Gallinari coming in healthy to start the season and I'm worried about him being physically capable of being able to get big minutes right off the gate. Chandler should get the minutes backing up Q-Rich at the 3 spot and he could even get minutes at the 4.

I'm expecting Curry to be the guy to struggle playing D'Antoni's style of basketball rather than Randolph. I'm expecting a lot of games in which Curry goes to the bench quick and Lee plays a lot of minutes alongside Randolph.

Knowing how D'Antoni likes to do things (Suns are my other favorite team, I've been following them heavily since the 03-04 season), D'Antoni does not like going with anything more than an 8-man rotation, sometimes even keeping it at a 7-man rotation. Knicks may win games and fans will still be very disappointed because he could go with a very small rotation and that is something most fans here are not expecting him to do. D'Antoni could go with guys like Marbury and Q-Rich while fans would rather see him play Danilo, Nate, Chandler, or even Ewing Jr.
King Jaffy Jo
Rookie
And1: 11

Post#9 » by King Jaffy Jo » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:42 pm

Knowing how D'Antoni likes to do things (Suns are my other favorite team, I've been following them heavily since the 03-04 season), D'Antoni does not like going with anything more than an 8-man rotation, sometimes even keeping it at a 7-man rotation. Knicks may win games and fans will still be very disappointed because he could go with a very small rotation and that is something most fans here are not expecting him to do. D'Antoni could go with guys like Marbury and Q-Rich while fans would rather see him play Danilo, Nate, Chandler, or even Ewing Jr.

i really hope this isnt the case. q rich is not what he used to be and chandler is on the come up. I'd also be pissed if nate doesnt get as much burn. he brings a lot more to the table than he gets credited for.
NikeAir
Banned User

Post#10 » by NikeAir » Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:32 pm

King Jaffy Jo wrote:

i really hope this isnt the case. q rich is not what he used to be and chandler is on the come up. I'd also be pissed if nate doesnt get as much burn. he brings a lot more to the table than he gets credited for.

Mike D likes to use small athlectic line ups so I'm am pretty sure these 8 men sill be in there
Randolph
The Rooster
Chandler
Crawford
Duhon
Ewing JR
Lee
Q-Rich
Nate

And I'm hoping we trade either Curry or Randolph to Memphis for Darko even if we have to include Lee because in the off season it seems as if GMs forgot how bad they are,and I'm wondering why Donnie isn't taking advantage of this?
supergallinari
Banned User

Post#11 » by supergallinari » Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:06 pm

mike d'antoni here,

the lineup is
marbury/duhon
crawford/nate
richardson/chandler
randolph/gallinari
curry/lee

we are waiving jerome james.
Scalabrine
RealGM
And1: 7,335

Post#12 » by Scalabrine » Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:38 pm

NikeAir wrote:

Marbs is a cancer and he is over payed and we should let him go for cap space and Collins just plain sucks, we cut Rose to prevent a log jam at the 5 or 4

What the hell are you talking about?

How would buying out Marbury give us any more cap space then if we just had him on the team? His salary still counts against the cap until his contract expires which is at seasons end. Whats wrong with a log jam at the 5 and 4? And how does Rose make a log jam? hes pretty much an assistant coach at this point that can still get on the court and show some of these guys the NBA ropes and then if we need to make a trade when the season is underway and more guys are available he is a nice expiring contract we could use.
Go Knicks!
NikeAir
Banned User

Post#13 » by NikeAir » Mon Sep 1, 2008 12:18 am

Scalabrine wrote:
NikeAir wrote:

What the hell are you talking about?

How would buying out Marbury give us any more cap space then if we just had him on the team? His salary still counts against the cap until his contract expires which is at seasons end. Whats wrong with a log jam at the 5 and 4? And how does Rose make a log jam? hes pretty much an assistant coach at this point that can still get on the court and show some of these guys the NBA ropes and then if we need to make a trade when the season is underway and more guys are available he is a nice expiring contract we could use.

You might be on to something we can give him to some really good team then he can screw them over. Nice thinking Scalabrine, I like the way you think.
FutureKnicksGM
Head Coach
And1: 1,505

Post#14 » by FutureKnicksGM » Mon Sep 1, 2008 12:33 am

Marbury is the only overpaid player on the knicks right? Jerome James should be the one waived no question.
cshoops
Pro Prospect
And1: 2

Post#15 » by cshoops » Mon Sep 1, 2008 6:25 am

You must be smoking laced Smurf Berries!
mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14

Post#16 » by mjhp911 » Mon Sep 1, 2008 10:23 pm

NikeAir wrote:Are we going to start our young talent and let them develop their games or are we going to play the crap we had before and watch them screw up really bad at the run and gun system I think it going to be
Randolph-Curry
Lee-Gallo-Jefferies
Gallinari-Q-Rich-Ewing JR
Chandler-Crawford
Duhon-Nate

Buy out James
Buy out Rose
Cut Collins
Buy out Marbury

Almost. Here's what the lineup should be...

Starters: Du-du, JC, Chandler, Lee, Randolph

Backups: Nate, Gallo, JSlim

Cheerleaders: Mardy, Curry, Ewing, Jr., Roberson

Buyout: JFat, Malik, Marb, Q
TwelvePac
Veteran
And1: 12

Post#17 » by TwelvePac » Mon Sep 1, 2008 11:31 pm

I can see this

Duhon
Richardson
Chandler
Randolph
Curry

Heavy minute sixth man:
Crawford

David Lee
Nate

I think maybe D'Antoni establishes an agressive perimeter defensive scheme and Q Rich and Chandler get the nod over Crawford starting.

What you all think about this?
Houston99
Analyst
And1: 409

Post#18 » by Houston99 » Tue Sep 2, 2008 11:05 pm

when jj contract end?
NikeAir
Banned User

Post#19 » by NikeAir » Tue Sep 2, 2008 11:24 pm