ImageImageImageImageImage

Wiretap: Knicks want James to retire

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,871

Re: Wiretap: Knicks want James to retire 

Post#21 » by NoLayupRule » Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:55 pm

Jerome James should be ashamed of himself.

He collected a massive contract from us and has never lived up to his side of that bargain.

Hes never once shown up to training camp in shape. that in itself isnt the worst thing since so few players do. However he doesnt play himself into shape he just goes from summer to injury list with no stop in between.

this is shameful behavior. hes averaged something like 15mins total playing time a season since hes been here. hes been given chances to start and to impact off the bench. Hes failed every time.
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,311

Post#22 » by Deeeez Knicks » Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:10 pm

NoLayupRule wrote:Jerome James should be ashamed of himself.

He collected a massive contract from us and has never lived up to his side of that bargain.

Hes never once shown up to training camp in shape. that in itself isnt the worst thing since so few players do. However he doesnt play himself into shape he just goes from summer to injury list with no stop in between.

this is shameful behavior. hes averaged something like 15mins total playing time a season since hes been here. hes been given chances to start and to impact off the bench. Hes failed every time.

He should be, but that is the way he has been his entire career. When its almost time for a new contract is the only time he will kinda step up and do a little work. I blame Isiah much more for giving him that absurd contract and being a dumbass.
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
NYKAL
General Manager
And1: 2,157

Post#23 » by NYKAL » Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:53 pm

Ralphie96 wrote:
Knickelz wrote:James is a piece of ****. I swear if lazy unmotivated loser were an average size human being, he would be living in a cardboard box under a bridge, and living on food stamps. Why did god have to give that loser that type of height, instead of a person who actually would have done something with it. :-?

god also gave him injuries. Jerome James didnt ask to be tall just like he didnt ask to be hurt.

I would never blame injuries attributable to lack of conditioning or otherwise on god. Seems like way too easy an out.

2seasons ago he developed a ham string issue that is believed would not have occurred if he had not been trying to play himself into shape during training camp. Proper conditioning will and does prevent many injures. I know as a swimmer and gymnast we are taught to stretch and exercise for just that reason.
mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14

Post#24 » by mjhp911 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:21 pm

hatnlvr wrote:Not gonna happen! Just like they want Marbury to settle on a buyout for pennies on the dollar! These guys will walk away if you pay them their cash! They have guarenteed contracts so why should they settle for a penny less.

He doesn't necessarily have to settle for a penny less. If he gets picked up by another squad, that squad will pay him the veteran's minimum (with the league picking up half the tab of that even). At the very least, he will agree to a buyout amount of what he's owed, less the veteran's minimum, if he wants PT with another team. Depending on how badly he wants PT, he could even agree to a smaller buyout. The key is, if he wants to play, he has to agree to a buyout. Otherwise, we'll just keep on the injured list all season. While he might just be okay with that, he keeps talking about wanting to play. So if he really wants to play, he needs to agree to a buyout.
DE FENSE
RealGM
And1: 2,631

Post#25 » by DE FENSE » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:21 pm

This is a phantom article. Where is it??? I've googled "jerome james knicks" under news, and it shows the same article as the wiretap, which mentions nothing about Jerome James. I wonder if its in the print version? Very odd...

Return to New York Knicks