ImageImageImageImageImage

OT:The VP debate thread

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

knicks742
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 22

Re: OT:The VP debate thread 

Post#121 » by knicks742 » Fri Oct 3, 2008 4:06 am

VinnyTheMick wrote:
knicks742 wrote:
Vinny, you shouldn't pick up other people's fights. You got a bone to pick with me, I know that, stick to it. i honestly don't think I said nothing wrong, see my response to randomhero. I don't get why you all like to jump on me maybe it's because you guys don't want gay people on this forum and are trying to force me out.

Are you kidding me?

Im feeling a lot of antagonism from you. I can only come to one conclusion is that you dont like gay people here.
truth serum
Banned User
And1: 35

Post#122 » by truth serum » Fri Oct 3, 2008 4:08 am

This woman is a puppet. For the life of me, I can't understand how anyone can take her seriously. Political views aside, when you listen to her talk, can you honestly say she sounds sincere to you? If I didn't know what either of these candidates opinions on anything were, I would vote Obama/Biden on believability alone. When she talks, I can hear the insincerity in her voice and see it in her eyes, and it's actually offensive to me (same with McCain). The saddest part is when people actually believe it. I understand that there are conservative people in this country that will vote Republican no matter what, and the same for liberals who will vote Democrat no matter what. But I really resent those who are undecided and will eventually be swayed by McCain and Palin's whole shtick, which to me is extremely stale and, like I said, insincere.

Joe Biden DEFINITELY won this debate tonight 10 fold. He made her look like a rookie which is exactly what she is. People saying she did well based on the fact that she had answers is laughable. It was all noise to me. Anything she said that made sense was blatantly rehearsed because she has not one ounce of believability, and everything in between was a joke as she often BS'd her way through answers and changed the subject for questions she had no answers to. Now, this is not to say Biden isn't rehearsed or some sort of puppet for his party, but it's his and Obama's believability that will get my vote as much as anything in the end.
eviL
Lead Assistant
And1: 12

Post#123 » by eviL » Fri Oct 3, 2008 4:08 am

Am I the only one who finds it funny that liberals are being accused of not liking gay people on an internet discussion board?
VinnyTheMick
RealGM
And1: 5

Post#124 » by VinnyTheMick » Fri Oct 3, 2008 4:09 am

knicks742 wrote:
VinnyTheMick wrote:
knicks742 wrote:
Vinny, you shouldn't pick up other people's fights. You got a bone to pick with me, I know that, stick to it. i honestly don't think I said nothing wrong, see my response to randomhero. I don't get why you all like to jump on me maybe it's because you guys don't want gay people on this forum and are trying to force me out.

Are you kidding me?

Im feeling a lot of antagonism from you. I can only come to one conclusion is that you dont like gay people here.

Seriously?
http://www.nyccan.org/
Ask questions. Demand answers.
A foolish faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth.- Albert Einstein
knicks742
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#125 » by knicks742 » Fri Oct 3, 2008 4:09 am

evil_e wrote:Am I the only one who finds it funny that liberals are being accused of not liking gay people on an internet discussion board?

Are you suggesting liberals are more gay friendly? Last I heard (about 2 hours ago in the debate) neither party wants to give the right to get married.
VinnyTheMick
RealGM
And1: 5

Post#126 » by VinnyTheMick » Fri Oct 3, 2008 4:10 am

knicks742 wrote:
evil_e wrote:Am I the only one who finds it funny that liberals are being accused of not liking gay people on an internet discussion board?

Are you suggesting liberals are more gay friendly? Last I heard (about 2 hours ago in the debate) neither party wants to give the right to get married.

Are you serious?
http://www.nyccan.org/
Ask questions. Demand answers.
A foolish faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth.- Albert Einstein
knicks742
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#127 » by knicks742 » Fri Oct 3, 2008 4:11 am

VinnyTheMick wrote:
knicks742 wrote:
VinnyTheMick wrote:Im feeling a lot of antagonism from you. I can only come to one conclusion is that you dont like gay people here.

Seriously?

Well no but my point is serious. I honestly think the point I made tonight was nonpartisan. they both exceeded expectations, granted expectations for her were a lot lower. I dont understand why people jumped on me when i said something that pretty much everyone else is saying.
knicks742
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#128 » by knicks742 » Fri Oct 3, 2008 4:12 am

VinnyTheMick wrote:
knicks742 wrote:

Are you serious?

Am I wrong?? Democrats like to throw more crumbs at me but they are crumbs but i want the full cake and neither party will give that to me, am I wrong?
truth serum
Banned User
And1: 35

Post#129 » by truth serum » Fri Oct 3, 2008 4:19 am

^Oh please, don't start all that garbage. You're obviously out-numbered here in the straights to gays department...don't use it for some time of crutch and accuse people of not liking gays. He clearly just disagrees with your political views. If you have something worthwhile to defend, then defend it the right way. Asking him if he dislike's gays is as cheap as it gets.

Personally, I do know for a fact that you're a Hillary supporter. I'm not going to accuse you of anything....but if it's true that you're one of those who jumped on the McCain bandwagon because he picked Palin as his VP running mate, than you really are an idiot, and Vinny the Mick has every right to question your integrity. So correct me if him or I are wrong.

Whether you plan to vote for Obama or not. Being swayed in even the slightest bit by the mere fact that she's a woman is pathetic and simple minded. Forget that fact that she completely sucks and is not much more qualified to be VP (nevermind President, God forbid) than you or I...she and McCain represent many, many things that Hillary Clinton stands against....so what exactly are your political views? Are they based on real issues? Or petty issues that appeal to people who aren't capable of critical thinking?
jdennis187
Analyst
And1: 175

Post#130 » by jdennis187 » Fri Oct 3, 2008 4:19 am

Biden cried, not Palin, that is shocking, considering someones thread here that predicted Palin would cry.

I thought Biden did very well and probably won, but with the low expectations of Palin, she looked really good tonight. I think the race got more interesting.

Joe Biden
52%
Sarah Palin
38%
Tie
4.3%
Not sure
5.8%

Msnbc.com poll.

cram
Head Coach
And1: 1,699

Post#131 » by cram » Fri Oct 3, 2008 4:29 am

What foreign relations experience do you have?
I can see Russia from my house.

What newspapers or magazines do you read to get your world view?
Most of them?
Can you name any?
All of them.

Your opinion on the Bush doctrine?
I don't know what that is.

Ladies and gentleman, potentially hte next president of the united states.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,680

Post#132 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Oct 3, 2008 4:48 am

knicks742 wrote:
VinnyTheMick wrote:
knicks742 wrote:

Are you kidding me?

I didn't know you were gay. How would anybody know that? And, more importantly, why would it make a difference?

In any event, we ridicule you for your ridiculous political statements ... not your gayness. ("Not that there's anything wrong with that.")
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,680

Post#133 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Oct 3, 2008 4:50 am

jdennis187 wrote:Biden cried, not Palin, that is shocking, considering someones thread here that predicted Palin would cry.

I thought Biden did very well and probably won, but with the low expectations of Palin, she looked really good tonight. I think the race got more interesting.

Joe Biden
52%
Sarah Palin
38%
Tie
4.3%
Not sure
5.8%

Msnbc.com poll.

Ah, the benefits of having the lowest expectations of any VP candidate in U.S. election history. Most if not all of the polls show that Biden kicked her ass. Palin never really answered a question with any degree of specificity and/or substance (as she has no real grasp of facts on most of these complicated issues) in those rare instances when she attempted to directly address the question. In the other instances, she simply avoided even attempted to answer the question and instead just repeated a talking point. When it came to discussing Iraq and the middle east, she was simply clueless. Oh yeah, and she wanted to expand the powers of the VP beyond that of Dick Cheney. Breathtaking. Even republicans interviewed on Fox News shot her down on that.

Then she tried to attack Biden by saying that America didn't want another long time Washington leader and that she represented a fresh face, new ideas and change. Um, I guess she forgot about the other guy running on her ticket .

The bottom line is that her choice as a VP candidate by McCain was a recklessly irresponsible move.

Hopefully, the fact that some people think she did great because she didn't go into a catatonic state or start crying at the podium will give Gov. Palin the incentive to go out and "meet the press" ... oh, I'm sorry, I mean "the filter." And, maybe, if we're lucky, she'll do more Katie Couric interv iews - solo.

McCain is going down and he's going down hard. Bwhahahahaha.
Free Palestine
Pedro Pistolas
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#134 » by Pedro Pistolas » Fri Oct 3, 2008 5:12 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q905A1mXhqs&feature=user

^ These guys summed up pretty well tonight's debate
CrazyEyes
RealGM
And1: 1

Post#135 » by CrazyEyes » Fri Oct 3, 2008 6:02 am

I'm a partisan so it's hard for me to be unbias but I really felt like Palin's overall tone is very off putting to a lot of people. She just doesn't strike me as a sincere person. The real Palin is the one you saw in these TV interviews, the Palin at the debate last night was the politician. Problem is, I really don't like either of them.

Also, Bidden out woman-ed Palin with the story about his wife and kids. I was hoping he'd talk about it. If Palin can talk about her baby, Bidden should be able to talk about his personal life too.
slamvangundy
Starter
And1: 4

Post#136 » by slamvangundy » Fri Oct 3, 2008 6:10 am

Just my two cents on palin exceeding expectations.

I am a 5'9 guy with limited hops, and a decent jump shot. Usually in casual pickup games, I get picked around 5th or 6th overall, no shame in that. Now sometimes, I have a game where I'm just on fire, and play like someone who should have been picked second or third. I make a few easy layups, nail a few open shots and play solid defense.

-Did I exceed expectations? Yes.

-Am I qualified to play as a starter on an NBA team? Hells to the no!

-Am I qualified to play even as a reserve in the pan-ukranian C division of the people's national democratic basketball division? Not a chance!

-Could I make a competitive division three basketball team in the united states? No. Well, maybe at a brail institute for the deaf and the blind.

SVG
duetta
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,430

Post#137 » by duetta » Fri Oct 3, 2008 6:28 am

VinnyTheMick wrote:Sarah Palin is a moron. Who is General McClellen?

A Civil War General who liked to drill his troops but didn't really want to fight. Lincoln eventually fired him a few months before Gettysburg.

This was a memorable slip for Palin, since McClellen became the Democratic candidate for President in 1864, and ran the dirtiest, most disgusting campaign in American history. For instance, his side distributed leaflets charging that if Lincoln won reelection, Negros and whites would be kissing (and by implication, having sex) all across America - which was a pretty explosive charge for 1864. It was that kind of campaign - and in many ways it presaged McCain''s fictitious lines of attack in 2008.
OoAnd1
Head Coach
And1: 14

Post#138 » by OoAnd1 » Fri Oct 3, 2008 7:06 am

Debate-wise, Biden won. Public perception-wise, we're right back to where we were weeks ago...

On the other hand, Hillary would have killed Palin.... looking like the Knicks when they lost to Boston 104-59... instead, it's like the Knicks losing to the Lakers by 7 ... who cares.
Ignitowsky
General Manager
And1: 2,494

Post#139 » by Ignitowsky » Fri Oct 3, 2008 7:13 am

I thought Biden won overall, but Palin at least made the conservative base remove their heads from the ovens and turn off the gas. She didn't do anything that would get her back to where she was back when she was nominated but she probably didn't do any more harm. I think that she did nothing to sway any undecided voter, something she needed to do.

Personally, i found it painful to watch/listen to her. I don't understand how her husband can deal with that 24/7.
All in all he's just another prick with no wall
Turisas
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 39

Post#140 » by Turisas » Fri Oct 3, 2008 8:03 am

PistoL_D-iX wrote:Goes on Fox News and see's that they're licking Palin's fanny..**
how fitting

:lol: I know what to expect from Fox News but that was just pathetic.

Return to New York Knicks