ImageImageImageImageImage

Palin is all of a sudden smart now?

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Kyrama
RealGM
And1: 649

Re: Palin is all of a sudden smart now? 

Post#21 » by Kyrama » Sat Oct 4, 2008 11:13 pm

drp07644 wrote:u people are acting as if Obama is God. Obama is just as shady as Bush, and quite honestly, will only make things worse than what they already are.

BTW, Biden was just as bad as Palin in that debate. I don't see any of u DEMOS talking about that though.

Typical Republican comment. Instead of saying how Obama will make things worse, how about you discuss how McCain will make things better?
Ignitowsky
General Manager
And1: 2,494

Post#22 » by Ignitowsky » Sat Oct 4, 2008 11:47 pm

Ignitowsky wrote:
Mad Mike wrote:
Ignitowsky wrote:I can't stand listening to the phony bitch any more. Her voice annoys me, her lack of an ability to form complex ideas and articulate them on the fly annoys me, her phony "folksy" way of talking annoys me, her face, voice, smile, politics, etc. etc. all annoy me.

SHe MAY be smart enough to allow her to be Governor of Alaska, but the prospect of her becoming (if McCain were to die) President is totally frightening. If they were to win the election I'm leaving the country.

Her finger would be on the "button"

SHe'd be picking Supreme Court justices, maybe up to 3.

We'd be in Iraq for decades and probably be engaging in 1 or 2 more wars.

The country would go to hell in a handbasket. I'd rather be somewhere else.

I'll mute her if she's on TV. I won't click any links that have video of her. My hope is that she disappears back to the frozen north after Nov. 4th.

but if you listen to her own ideas and not mcsame, you'll see they are similar to that of obama. She is like a in the closet democrat too me on domestic issues and foreign policy. I really haven't got a straight answer from her on women right to choose. She has not a single clue about the economy as seen on those interview where she rambled on about job creation and health care so i can judge if she stands with the democrats or republicans on economy.

Palin is to Obama as Adolph HItler is to

A. O.J. Simpson

B. Al Capone

C. Jessica Simpson

D. Mother Theresa

The correct answer is D, get it?

I didn't compare her to Hitler, not even close. I used the format of a standard analogies test, like Miller's
All in all he's just another prick with no wall
Ignitowsky
General Manager
And1: 2,494

Post#23 » by Ignitowsky » Sun Oct 5, 2008 12:10 am

drp07644 wrote:u people are acting as if Obama is God. Obama is just as shady as Bush, and quite honestly, will only make things worse than what they already are.

BTW, Biden was just as bad as Palin in that debate. I don't see any of u DEMOS talking about that though.

That that you've done the standard name-calling that all Republican s resort to, try giving some facts that back up your BS.

or just STFU
All in all he's just another prick with no wall
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,258

Post#24 » by Luv those Knicks » Sun Oct 5, 2008 12:16 am

knicks742 wrote:^^^

American doesn't hate her. Democrats do. She is very popular with the Republican voters.

I don't think that's accurate.

I think republicans are supporting her because they have to. It's her or Mr. Obama and that's not much of a choice for a republican.

Some republicans have spoken out against her publically and there was talk about removing her from the ticket prior to the debate. that's not democrats who get to decide that, it's only publicans. How well liked could she be if there was talk about removing her? That's only happened once that I know of. It's got to be pretty bad to remove a VP.

People are saying that she did a "good job" on the debates, but she still lost. According the polls I saw, 20% of republicans thought Biden won the debate. 11% of democrats thought Palin won, and overall, and the consensus among independents is that Biden clearly won the debate.

I cannot agree with you when you say "Sarah Palin is very popular" among republicans - she's what they've got, and I think people like her, but as a VP selection, she is NOT popular, even among republicans. She's drawn mixed feelings from her party, and she's disliked by women and by democrats.

I don't want to make it sound like she's hated - I don't hate her, I just hate her politically, because she's a slogan machine and she doesn't even know where she stands on most of the issues. She's the most incompetent person to ever get this close to the whitehouse.
Go NY Go NY Go
randomhero423
Head Coach
And1: 1

Post#25 » by randomhero423 » Sun Oct 5, 2008 12:19 am

it's ironic because it's clear sarah palin is the "celebrity" without any of the depth, not barack obama.
My High School Basketball Articles:
www.nyhoops.com

My Sports Blog
myrandomsportsblog.blogspot.com
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#26 » by Luv those Knicks » Sun Oct 5, 2008 12:21 am

Obama is in no way, shape or form, as shady as Bush.

Just to take one example - Bill Maher. He pointed out that Bush is dangerous because Bush is a religeous man, and not a thinking man. Bush doesn't seek council, he does what he "believes" is right. Bush blasts democrats and rarely crosses the party line to accomplish anything. Bush is also, for a president, quite stupid and Bush selected some very dangerous people who tried to rewrite the constitution for his cabinet. Bush even wrote checks to the oil companies like 2-3 years ago - here you go, have some money.

Obama is inteligent, he's demostrated a willingness to cross party lines in the senate and he's made a good impression. Obama will select an intenigent cabinet.

It's ridiculous to compare Obama to Bush. It's your right to support whatever party you like, but your claim is nothing but a useless and untrue generalization. If you want to say something, do a little research next time, OK? Don't just vomit your opinion on the screen.
Go NY Go NY Go
krustytheclown
Lead Assistant
And1: 8

Post#27 » by krustytheclown » Sun Oct 5, 2008 12:33 am

Luv those Knicks wrote:
knicks742 wrote:^^^

American doesn't hate her. Democrats do. She is very popular with the Republican voters.

I don't think that's accurate.

I think republicans are supporting her because they have to. It's her or Mr. Obama and that's not much of a choice for a republican.

Some republicans have spoken out against her publically and there was talk about removing her from the ticket prior to the debate. that's not democrats who get to decide that, it's only publicans. How well liked could she be if there was talk about removing her? That's only happened once that I know of. It's got to be pretty bad to remove a VP.

People are saying that she did a "good job" on the debates, but she still lost. According the polls I saw, 20% of republicans thought Biden won the debate. 11% of democrats thought Palin won, and overall, and the consensus among independents is that Biden clearly won the debate.

I cannot agree with you when you say "Sarah Palin is very popular" among republicans - she's what they've got, and I think people like her, but as a VP selection, she is NOT popular, even among republicans. She's drawn mixed feelings from her party, and she's disliked by women and by democrats.

I don't want to make it sound like she's hated - I don't hate her, I just hate her politically, because she's a slogan machine and she doesn't even know where she stands on most of the issues. She's the most incompetent person to ever get this close to the whitehouse.

the guy is an eagles fan that should tell you all you need to know about his intelligence/credibility
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#28 » by Luv those Knicks » Sun Oct 5, 2008 12:49 am

marbury2curry wrote:
the guy is an eagles fan that should tell you all you need to know about his intelligence/credibility

I didn't think his statement was that bad. It's a common thought that Palin is well liked by republicans, but honestly, I didn't think it's true. I don't think his statement was in the Red Vines, McCain is good, Obama is the devil, category. I thought his statement was fair, and shared by many, but incorrect.

I think Palin is a "likable person", but that's different than being "liked", because that was what Knicks742 implied when he said "republicans like her" - republicans HOPE she can win an election for them, but that's different than "liking somebody".

I guess I've made my point, but I didn't want to come across like I thought 742's point was stupid, cause I didn't think that at all. I just thought it was incorrect, but not stupid.

Red Vines is the one who's suffers from PWS (posting while stupid).
Go NY Go NY Go
drp07644
Starter
And1: 520

Post#29 » by drp07644 » Sun Oct 5, 2008 3:23 am

Luv those Knicks wrote:
marbury2curry wrote:

I didn't think his statement was that bad. It's a common thought that Palin is well liked by republicans, but honestly, I didn't think it's true. I don't think his statement was in the Red Vines, McCain is good, Obama is the devil, category. I thought his statement was fair, and shared by many, but incorrect.

I think Palin is a "likable person", but that's different than being "liked", because that was what Knicks742 implied when he said "republicans like her" - republicans HOPE she can win an election for them, but that's different than "liking somebody".

I guess I've made my point, but I didn't want to come across like I thought 742's point was stupid, cause I didn't think that at all. I just thought it was incorrect, but not stupid.

let me state that i dont really care for either candidate, and im not a republican or a demo, but i despise barrack obama. you people wanna say that i should not bash obama and instead say what mccain will do? well i could say the same thing to mr. obama.

i also find it funny that 4 years ago, barrack obama did not think he was experienced enough to be a president. but now all of a sudden he is? and the fact that biden voted for the war in iraq and now says he voted for something else (rofl....), and even though biden criticized obama not too long ago, now they are best of buds? please....this election makes me wanna vomit
Paeds
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#30 » by Paeds » Sun Oct 5, 2008 3:34 am

drp07644 wrote:
Luv those Knicks wrote:
marbury2curry wrote:

let me state that i dont really care for either candidate, and im not a republican or a demo, but i despise barrack obama. you people wanna say that i should not bash obama and instead say what mccain will do? well i could say the same thing to mr. obama.

i also find it funny that 4 years ago, barrack obama did not think he was experienced enough to be a president. but now all of a sudden he is? and the fact that biden voted for the war in iraq and now says he voted for something else (rofl....), and even though biden criticized obama not too long ago, now they are best of buds? please....this election makes me wanna vomit

Despise Obama? what has Obama done to make you DESPISE him?

Return to New York Knicks