ImageImageImageImageImage

Preseason- Knicks vs. Raptors

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,933

Re: Preseason- Knicks vs. Raptors 

Post#361 » by god shammgod » Thu Oct 9, 2008 1:38 am

chitownsports4ever wrote:
TheBluest wrote:LOL @ DOOKIE FACE!

I told you guys $6mil was way too much to spend on this guy. Using the 2yrs as an excuse is garbage. If DWU isn't willing to accept giving away picks in trades even if that means getting rid of cancers then he shouldn't be willing to dish out contracts above and beyond a players market value. All he did was send the message to other free agents we'll overspend by a lot if we want you for whatever reason that may be.

Chitownsports4ever I'm still waiting for you to show me proof other teams besides our was wanting to give DOOKIE FACE a starting role and a lucrative contract.

Please post where I said anyone else was offering him a starting role ? and he didnt get a lucrative contract he got the contract of a valuable stop gap pg. Its amazing how many of you are patting yourself on the back about the first game of the preseason as if 4 months from now it will mean anything.

If Duhon came out and got a triple double you would be the first one in this thread saying its only preseason and now you are in here with I told you so's .

tell em why u mad chitown :lol:
KOA
Lead Assistant
And1: 820

Post#362 » by KOA » Thu Oct 9, 2008 1:38 am

chitownsports4ever wrote:and as I told you before when they are not the worst shooting backcourt you will disappear or make up some other excuse about why your prediction didnt come true. Of course the first game of the preseason proves you correct . You really are proud of yourself because they shot poorly in the preseason opener :lol: wow

I don't see ANY possible way you can be serious about this. Duhon and Crawford are the worst shooting backcourt in the NBA, individually and collectively. Look at their stats from last season and look at their career shooting percentages, then compare them to every other starting PG and SG.

Guys who have been in the NBA as long as they have, don't just magically start shooting more efficiently...
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,957

Post#363 » by chitownsports4ever » Thu Oct 9, 2008 1:41 am

god shammgod wrote:
god shammgod wrote:crawford 2-9
duhon 1-7

as i told you chitown, the worst shooting backcourt in the nba

and as I told you before when they are not the worst shooting backcourt you will disappear or make up some other excuse about why your prediction didnt come true. Of course the first game of the preseason proves you correct . You really are proud of yourself because they shot poorly in the preseason opener :lol: wow

find me a starting backcourt from last season that had a worse shooting percentage then their combined percentage. when you can't, come back and apologize.

You said they would be the worst shooting backourt this year what does last year have to do with anything as neither was in D'antoni' system which your argument claims will elad to them being that way.You say this stuff and then spend weeks and months changing your argument so by the end when you are proven wrong you can hope nobody remembers what the original comment was to begin with.
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"
TheBluest
Banned User
And1: 8
Location: Lottery Bound...Banned From UK 2-11-09 @ 12:30 am by Martin LOL!

Post#364 » by TheBluest » Thu Oct 9, 2008 1:44 am

Peanut wrote:Lol at "Dookie Face". DUDE IS TRASH!

Go Blue Devils!

Go Dookies!

Go Chitties

GO DOOKIE FACE!
Hardaway 10
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#365 » by Hardaway 10 » Thu Oct 9, 2008 1:44 am

Please post where I said anyone else was offering him a starting role ? and he didnt get a lucrative contract he got the contract of a valuable stop gap pg. Its amazing how many of you are patting yourself on the back about the first game of the preseason as if 4 months from now it will mean anything.

If Duhon came out and got a triple double you would be the first one in this thread saying its only preseason and now you are in here with I told you so's .

Supposedly, Orlando wanted this clown so they could bring Jameer Nelson off the bench in a 6th man role. He was set to go to Orlando til Donnie upped the offer from 2 yrs/ $9 mil to 2 for 11. :nonono:
eviL
Lead Assistant
And1: 12

Post#366 » by eviL » Thu Oct 9, 2008 1:46 am

Peanut wrote:DUHON MUST START BECAUSE HE COMPLIMENTS CRAWFORD/Knicks fans that don't know ****.

MARBURY SHOULD START! BOTTOMLINE!

I have never seen you post before today and I already dislike you. Here's hoping you get banned real soon.
aq_ua
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,206

Post#367 » by aq_ua » Thu Oct 9, 2008 1:47 am

Blaming the loss on Duhon for missing shots, when he only attempted 7 is kinda silly. How about blaming it on our inability to defend the paint, protect the 3 point line and missing 26 3 pointers. Once our players start learning about transition defense and when to expect passes, some of this might get cured. For a team that only averaged 97ppg to score 111 let alone have 7 players in double figures, albeit a preseason game, is a sign that the offense is working in general.
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,933

Post#368 » by god shammgod » Thu Oct 9, 2008 1:47 am

You said they would be the worst shooting backourt this year what does last year have to do with anything as neither was in D'antoni' system which your argument claims will elad to them being that way.You say this stuff and then spend weeks and months changing your argument so by the end when you are proven wrong you can hope nobody remembers what the original comment was to begin with.

i don't have the stats yet this year genius. last year is a pretty good indicator. i never said it was because of d'antoni's system. it's because they're terrible awful shooters. this year they will be the worst in the league. what argument is being changed ?
TheBluest
Banned User
And1: 8
Location: Lottery Bound...Banned From UK 2-11-09 @ 12:30 am by Martin LOL!

Post#369 » by TheBluest » Thu Oct 9, 2008 1:51 am

How do you allow a Raps team who didn't go full strength to score well over 100pts?

I can only imagine what D'Antonio is telling them in the locker room. He's probably talking about all the things that went wrong offensively. Probably stroking their egos telling them they won't shoot this bad from 3pt range once they grasp the system. Probably ignoring the 20TO's because we play fast and telling them wonderful job getting 29ast.

According to Yahoo our starting lineup all had a - in the +/- category meanwhile our bench almost all had +.
DocZaius
Banned User
And1: 56

Post#370 » by DocZaius » Thu Oct 9, 2008 1:53 am

DesignStudio wrote:When Isiah was GM/Coach Preseason didn't matter. Now all his former fans can't wait to trash the team.

lawl

you should know by now this place is full of "Isiah nut riders"
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,957

Post#371 » by chitownsports4ever » Thu Oct 9, 2008 1:53 am

god shammgod wrote:
i don't have the stats yet this year genius. last year is a pretty good indicator. i never said it was because of d'antoni's system. it's because they're terrible awful shooters. this year they will be the worst in the league. what argument is being changed ?

no last year isnt a good indicator to say they are gonna be the worst shooting starting backcourt in the league and then call someone on it after the first preseason game
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"
aq_ua
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,206

Post#372 » by aq_ua » Thu Oct 9, 2008 1:55 am

If anyone is concerned that an opposing team scored over 100 points, then you're in for a looooong season.
eviL
Lead Assistant

Post#373 » by eviL » Thu Oct 9, 2008 1:55 am

TheBluest wrote:How do you allow a Raps team who didn't go full strength to score well over 100pts?

I can only imagine what D'Antonio is telling them in the locker room. He's probably talking about all the things that went wrong offensively. Probably stroking their egos telling them they won't shoot this bad from 3pt range once they grasp the system. Probably ignoring the 20TO's because we play fast and telling them wonderful job getting 29ast.

According to Yahoo our starting lineup all had a - in the +/- category meanwhile our bench almost all had +.

stfu already man. You need your own stickied thread where you can just cry all you want instead of bringing it into every other damn thread on the board.
theSkinny
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,277

Post#374 » by theSkinny » Thu Oct 9, 2008 1:58 am

Hey guys Raps fan here....

I was at the game tonight and I got one question.. Nothing to really do with the game itself but was Walt Frazier wearing a velvet suit tonight?
It looked like it was picked out of Craig Sagers closet...

It was a great game to watch especially for a pre season. Best of luck on the season and with getting things turned around and finally bringing some respect back to the mecca...
eviL
Lead Assistant

Post#375 » by eviL » Thu Oct 9, 2008 1:59 am

SkinnyP wrote:Hey guys Raps fan here....

I was at the game tonight and I got one question.. Nothing to really do with the game itself but was Walt Frazier wearing a velvet suit tonight?
It looked like it was picked out of Craig Sagers closet...

It was a great game to watch especially for a pre season. Best of luck on the season and with getting things turned around and finally bringing some respect back to the mecca...

Fraser's style >>>>>>> Sager's style.

Walt comes to every broadcast looking like he's got 5 bitches working the corner for him outside, this is nothing new to us Knicks fans.
theSkinny
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,277

Post#376 » by theSkinny » Thu Oct 9, 2008 2:04 am

lol.... Iceburg Slim would be mighty proud...

Was it velvet though?
GuyverADL
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#377 » by GuyverADL » Thu Oct 9, 2008 2:06 am

TheBluest wrote:How do you allow a Raps team who didn't go full strength to score well over 100pts?

Teams are going to GO OFF on us.
eviL
Lead Assistant

Post#378 » by eviL » Thu Oct 9, 2008 2:09 am

SkinnyP wrote:lol.... Iceburg Slim would be mighty proud...

Was it velvet though?

Not sure, wasn't really paying attention. Knowing Clyde though, I'd say probably.
KnicksScholar24
RealGM
And1: 287

Post#379 » by KnicksScholar24 » Thu Oct 9, 2008 2:10 am

I missed the game. Hopefully cosmic has the game and will post it.
It's hard being a Knicks fan...
Smoke24
RealGM
And1: 11

Post#380 » by Smoke24 » Thu Oct 9, 2008 2:11 am

optimusADL wrote:

Teams are going to GO OFF on us.

Well aren't we already used to that, we can only go but up.

And if 29 assists is what they really got tonight, the turnovers will eventually go down and teams will actually have to gameplan and watch film on us instead of watching the knicks shoot themselves in the foot all damn game.

Im ignoring the 20 to's :)

But somehow our D has to improve at least to mediocre for us to have a chance.

Return to New York Knicks